Who can golf during COVID?

Our Sponsors

In Bradenton fl. We are playing with new rules. 1 per cart. No more than 3 per group. Foam swim noodle cut and put around flagstick in the cup. Ball barely goes in the hole and you can pick it up without touching anything. At least 8 min In between tee times. PACE OF PLAY HAS BEEN WONDERFUL! First time I’ve had back to back rounds in under 3 hours. 

• Like 3

Taylormade Woods

Cobra Hybrid

Hogan Irons
HiToe Wedges

Spider Putter

Snell MTBX golf balls 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Illinois can finally golf starting May 1st!!! Woooooooooooo!

I called earlier to set to a tee time trying to get something around noon. I like to play and still get home a little before dinner. The earliest they had was 2:50 and I jumped all over that. I'm glad

Received news today that my companies golf league will play and will start in 2 weeks.   Half the number of teams we normally have (16 teams with 12 people per team) agreed to play and there is a wait

Posted Images

I live in Sarasota, and almost all of the courses are open with the same set of rules.

Walking is allowed, golf carts are single player only, there are no rakes in the bunkers, no water on the course and the poles have small donuts in the cup that prevent the balls from falling completely in.

The clubs are taking the added steps of wiping down carts and providing limited food and beverage on a take out bases only

I would estimate the level of play is about 70% of normal

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

We are back up and running at some clubs in Dallas just depends. I'm in Frisco, The local public course is back open with the social distancing restrictions the courses 1 county up are open and I tend to play out at The Bridges Golf club in Gunter. It's a Freddie Couples course and the greens are sweet. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, OsoBear said:

There still playing up there??? Here in LA we're all locked up. Pretty sad since the air here has been as clean as I've ever experienced in my 35 years here. 

@OsoBear Surprisingly, Yes!  I saw it the other day on a local news segment.  🤔 Because less driving/flights, etc. these days...Take care and be safe, hearing about lots of protests now...due to pandemic...

a. Ladies Flex/10-12 degrees loft/25"-27" (male equivalent)

b. Adjustable/Ladies Flex (male equivalent)

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

No ranges around us are open but I am loving the pace of play. 

Taylormade Woods

Cobra Hybrid

Hogan Irons
HiToe Wedges

Spider Putter

Snell MTBX golf balls 

We're able to play in North Carolina. Cups have been altered from 2" noodle in cup, to cup being flipped upside down. Some courses implement 1 person per cart. Most snack bars are closed. Walked 9 at local muni & playing tomorrow. Hope you guys that can't play get to play soon!

• Like 2

Wilson D7 Irons with KBS Tour 80 Reg Flex Shafts

PING G410 Plus with ALTA CB Red 55g SR Flex Shaft

Callaway Super hybrid factory shaft with R flex

Taylormade Rocketballz 5 metal with factory Graphite Shaft reg flex

Ping Eye 2 Becu Sand & Lob wedges

Scotty Cameron Futura X7

Wilson Staff DUO

Arkansas is wiiiiiiiide open. Not a whole lot of people out due to the weather but I'm still playing.

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

TM.png

I can’t every course in 50 miles of me is closed

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Rouge 10.5

:tour-edge: 3 Wood

:tour-edge: 4 & 5 Hybrid

:tour-edge: 6-9 Irons

:callaway-small: MD3 46degree

:ping-small: Sand Wedge

:odyssey-small: EXO 2-ball slant stroke lab putter

We’re still out in IL, but they’re playing in IN (so I hear). I thought I read somewhere they were going to open WI courses, but not sure.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”

Houston city courses are closed. I did play Thursday for the first time in 6 weeks. Packed course. Pre-pay, walkers only. No rakes or water, no pin removal but other than that a fairly normal round. As a walker, I'm usually at a safe distance from other anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

NYS public courses are back open under strict orders.

• Like 3
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

3 minutes ago, bens197 said:

NYS public courses are back open under strict orders.

I thought only private courses could open in NY?

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

I thought only private courses could open in NY?

You thought correctly, however today at 1pm that order was rescinded with conditions.

https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026
  • Like 2
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

Virginia has some open courses and I believe so does West Virginia. I know guys in Maryland who are members of certain clubs that don't stop members from walking on. 

• Like 1

Golf tips are like aspirin. One may do you good, but if you swallow the whole bottle you will be lucky to survive.

No me... I had to cancel a trip to Hawaii. I had ordered some rounds through GroupOn and they would not issue me a refund.  I will never shop on GroupOn again.

• Sad 1

Driver: TM M1 9.5* Grafalloy BiMatrix Tour Prototype

Woods: TM AeroBurner* Matrix Ozik RUL 60

Hybrids: Ping G Hybrid* Alta70

Irons: Mizuno JPS900* Project x 6.0 LZ  (4-PW)

Wedges: Titlest Vokey SM5 54,58

Putter: SeeMore SB2Black

I just booked a tee time for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting out and really don't care how I score. The bad thing is, I celebrated by getting out and chipping balls in the yard and I think I caught the yips. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I just booked a tee time for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting out and really don't care how I score. The bad thing is, I celebrated by getting out and chipping balls in the yard and I think I caught the yips. 

Don;'t know if I am supposed to be happy or Sad....

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

In Ohio we can golf as long we follow social distancing guidelines.  Some courses are walking only and those who allow carts limit it to 1 person per cart.  All of the courses have some kind of modification to the holes, be it inverted cups, sytrofoam in the cups or a whiffle ball cover the hole.  Most of the courses require you to pay online or over the phone too.

Edited by ZenGolfer
  • Like 2

Whats in my Top-Flite Gamer 2019 cart bag?:

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Hybrid: Top-Flite Gamer 2020 22*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5-PW

Wedges: Wilson Harmonized Black Chrome 52*, Tommy Armour VCG 56*, Wilson Harmonized 60* and Wilson Harmonized chipper

Putter: Pinemeadow PGX SL

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Indiana is open for the most part.  Some counties have different rules, but where I am they are open.  Booked a tee time for Wednesday afternoon and should be low 60's.  Looking forward to playing a course after a few days of no rain.  The course is usually is good condition so I'm hoping for decently fast greens and fairways.  We will see.   Good luck and stay safe to others who are playing and sorry to those who cannot.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"