Golf related youtube channels.

Our Sponsors

I absolutely have no interest in instructional videos!  I can't stress that enough.  As an extremely analytical person, having too much data to process is terrible for results on the golf course.  I know my swing and have the ability to correct within a reasonable period of time based on ball flight, divot and trajectory.  

But I love golf architecture.  Especially course tours and vlogs.  

• No Laying Up
  • The Fried Egg (Andy's course flyover tours are phenomenal)
  • The Dapper Drive
  • Zac Radford (especially his on-course reviews)(His Spyglass video left me feeling like I had played Spyglass myself)
  • Skratch
  • Erik Anders Lang
  • Tom Coyne - The Links Life
  • Like 2
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mygolfspy and TXG.

Most of the ones already mentioned but add these: My only source for instruction is RotarySwing.com since it is a complete method an not a bunch of band-aid fixes. (I chased those for far too long) h

Golf sidekick is my guy Take Dead Aim

41 minutes ago, BelowParGolf said:

I watch a ton of YouTube some for instruction but mostly entertainment these are my Go To's:

No Laying Up

Golf Sidekick

Rick Shiels

Golf Vlogs UK

Saguto Golf

Mr. Short Game

James Robinson

George Gankas

Golfholics

Fried eggs golf

Athletic Motion Golf

Good List - Didn't see Golfholics or Fried Eggs until your list so was going to add them as well.  No laying up is good, especially some of the world of golf videos (funny but a bit long). TXG gives great info in fitting and why different pros have a set up.

Just watched a Byran Bros Golf video that was decent - they are likable and both pretty good players.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 5:55 PM, SnakeDoc said:

Who do you follow, for instruction or just fun. 

I currently follow a lot of channels, some to learn and some just for fun. 

Ben's instructions are easy for me to follow and understand. 

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC2K1lAux9sAtolxk7jbB4aw

Rick Shields have always had interesting reviews. 

https://m.youtube.com/user/RickShielsPGAGolf

James Robinson has a lot cool follow like contest. 

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCtNpbO2MtsVY4qW23WfnxGg

Mr Short game is high energy with a good channel. 

https://m.youtube.com/user/thegolfmatt

I just found Saguto golf, interesting approach to golf instructions. 

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC62Ygv4OmSNZBFkL6A7KDQg

Who do you guys follow? 

SAS golf

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

I keep up with just about all the videos from James Robinson and The Average Golfer. 

I'll watch an occasional video from Crossfield or another youtuber if the topic is of particular interest to me.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been watching Rick Shiels and Peter Finch. 

More recently I stumbled on to Alex Etches. He does a lot of what he calls out of bounds episode where he hits a random assortment of clubs that you are likely to see golf channel commercials. He also does retro review s and club reviews. I think he is hilarious but his jokes are similar to the ones I make.

• Like 1

I do find that I prefer entertainment and equipment videos hold my interest more than instructional videos.  Sometimes instructional videos do me more harm than good!  Shiels, Robinson, the average golfer, Mr ShortGame are some of the ones I watch (and all have already been mentioned). Getting back into the game after a decade of playing very little (and not updating my bag), all of these are new subscriptions for me and I'm really enjoying them.

Shiels and Crossfield for reviews and entertainment.
I'm trying not too watch too many, you can drive yourself crazy.
Tend to stay away from the instructional side unless there's something specific I'm looking to address.

I also like things like "the most satisfying golf video of all time".... makes me smile every time.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the TXG Channel, but also found myself watching Alex Etches and just started watching Tyler McGhie

• Like 1
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 9.5* head set to 8* loft 3*open, weights set slightly lower Launch and fade bias
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: B X, and currently testing the Vice Pro + Neon just for fun

Sub Par (also a podcast).  It's with Colt Knost and Drew Stoltz. Really fun interviews, laid back format, biggest PGA stars and sports figures. Nice to see the more personal side of the pros. 

• Like 1

:ping-small:   :taylormade-small:   :srixon-small:   :cleveland-small:   :wilson_staff_small:   :OnCore:
'16 Taylormade M2 9.5*
Srixon F65 4W 17*
Ping G Crossover 18*
Ping G Crossover 24*
Taylormade RSI2 6-PW
Taylormade Milled Grind 52* (bent to 50)
Cleveland Zipcore 56*
Wilson Staff Infinite Southside
Oncore Elixr

For instruction I like athletic motion golf (AMG) and the golf room.

For original content, you can't go wrong with No Laying Up and the Fried Egg Golf.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero, 9.5*, VA Nemesys 75, Golfpride MCC Align Midsize

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max Fairway Wood, 15*, Stock shaft, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:titelist-small: Titleist U500 21*, Hzrdus Smoke Stiff, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:benhogan-small: 2020 Ben Hogan Icon Irons 8-PW, Project X LZ, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:benhogan-small: 2020 Ben Hogan PTxPro Irons 4-7, Project X LZ, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:titelist-small: Vokey SM8 50*, 54*, 60*, Stock vokey shaft, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:cameron-small: Scotty Cameron California Mid-Mallet

• Guests
Guest Delete

TXG to learn the why of golf components and understand your equipment

Gareth raflewski - short game and putting

Jack Nicklaus - how to golf well

one I didnt see mentioned that I have learned alot from is Steve Johnston PGA.

https://m.youtube.com/user/Yourswingsolutions

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Tensei Orange 60X
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* Hybrid, AD-DI 85S
  • Irons: :srixon-small: U85 4I AD DI 95S, Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :ping-small:: Glide 3.0 52, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
  • RH in Phoenix, AZ

My main ones are

Alex Etches-Hace spent some time with him at the past two PGA Shows.  Very likeable guy, and just as funny off camera as on.  

TXG-obviousky a bit biased after getting the Red  Caroet treatment from them.  But waa s fan before that thanks to @jlukes bringing them up here 

MGS-OK while not instructional the NPG episodes are very good. 

Michael Newton-Love his swing, as a tall guy myself. I'm very envious. 

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Posted (edited)

Rick shiels seems to be a clear winner and I like him too as well as James Robinson but I really like what top speed golf has to say too.  To me, Clay Ballard is really easy to understand and is the one person that had me try to change my swing just a little bit.  

Edited by Chizzle

I have slowly made my way through most of those listed. I started following Me and My Golf 5 years ago which got me into Rick Shiels who then got me into Peter Finch. Peter Finch is now my guy because I like following along as he tries to improve his own game. I also have been following Bryan Bros golf a lot during quarantine because they've been putting out a lot of content.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

A lot of the ones I follow have been mentioned so I’ll just add one I haven’t seen so far: Be Better golf is pretty good, relatable for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero (8.5* HZRDUS Smoke Shaft)

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 5-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR or a :srixon-small: Z-Star

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

• 2 weeks later...

I don't bother watching YT for instruction at this point, it's definitely more for entertainment. I stumbled across Saguto Golf today and he's definitely entertaining! His videos seem to be a bit long, but pretty enjoyable and a fun watch. I'm more of a fan of those types of channels - Fried Eggs and Stacked Golf are in that category for me along with Golf Sidekick. I still subscribe to TXG, Crossfield, Finch, Clement, Monte, etc. but I find myself watching those videos less and less. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb