Jump to content
Golfermarcus

Anybody start losing their mind enough to order one of the few golf nets left online?

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

I've been looking for a couple of weeks now. Most are not available for delivery until June. Amazing slow response....or pay double and might see it mid MAY.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually won a huge net from izzo a few months back. So no need to shop.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

            :titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hang a sheet.  Same day shipping and easy install.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I actually won a huge net from izzo a few months back. So no need to shop.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk




Great......post a pic


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Great......post a pic


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
I will once I get it put together. I've been slacking...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk


Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

            :titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well my huge izzo net.... It's huge! Won't fit in my garage 😂 soooooooooooo I might have to sell and buy a smaller one because my HOA won't take kindly to me having it in my front yard. 

  • Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

            :titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no but I did one worse and ordered Optishot.  Got 100 bucks off too when I found a code that actually works :)


:ping-small:       G400 Max. Project X Evenflow Blue 6.5s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s

:cobra-small:  AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 4-50deg GW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:            Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:  Caddie for tracking.     

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-X / RX balls

Right handed

New Jersey, USA

Handicap: 16

 

Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips

Tested Lynx Black Cat 5-PW  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I caved and bought one on Wayfair as I seriously couldn’t find anything decent online anywhere.   Also, I’m in Canada and no courses except in British Columbia are open.    What states have allowed golf to continue or opened recently with social distancing ?  I can’t think of any other sport besides golf that could really relax the business shutdown?  

Appreciate any “likes” here as I’ve been relegated to recruit status.    

 

thanks golf bro’s

 

Marcus 

 

This is what I call “work and play” multitasking

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_1142.thumb.jpg.95b725c36b8a91fee27c7865148c768b.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Golfermarcus said:

 

This is what I call “work and play” multitasking

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_1142.thumb.jpg.95b725c36b8a91fee27c7865148c768b.jpg

That looks like a great net and all, but I can't put it past myself to miss it and bury one into my drywall. Especially risky to hit over it with a wedge or something. 

Regardless, that's a very comfortable looking setup for your daily conference calls. Nice!

  • Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:


:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand your concerns(believe me I am being careful, but I’m a 4 handicap; however I’ve put a bag directly where a s.... would occur so that a direct hit doesn’t occur. My negative so far is that without a brace the net still backs up slowly a bit after each hit. I wouldn’t go higher than a 8 iron; the ceiling is too close for a full swing; more of a follow through issue. It’s better than no golf for me

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 12:56 AM, Golfermarcus said:

This is what I call “work and play” multitasking

I may have begun to lose my mind on that subject.

On 4/25/2020 at 6:04 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

That looks like a great net and all, but I can't put it past myself to miss it and bury one into my drywall.

I’ve been warily eyeing this little alcove in the home office space. Leaning toward some kind of hanging heavy curtain/screen?

8EF9F608-4F34-4C1E-A1B3-BC86AF3C6307.thumb.jpeg.73273da8eb219a7394b5d8b232c28f01.jpeg

Lateral drywall kisses are currently the least of my worries. And when that unfortunate hypothetical plays out over-and-over in my head, there are always at least a couple wall ricochets, scrubbing off speed before the ball finds a soft sensitive part of my body.

I think if we could agree as group to film _ALL_ our indoor sessions, the highlight reel would undoubtedly showcase some seriously scary sh*ts.

  • Like 6

:ping-small:___________G400 LST 9* - Ping Tour 65 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:adams-small:_Super Proto DHY 21* - Matrix Ozik Altus hX3 S
:adams-small: _Idea MB2 4-PW - Matrix Program 130 6.5
:cleveland-small:_________RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
Bettinardi.png.e7ca0ee7ba785611a4a144e16b6b93ab.png___SS38 Armlock
k_sig.jpg.00b599e7e823c61015277de38ca16982.jpg___'18 4-piece
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2020 at 3:18 PM, knightsofnii said:

no but I did one worse and ordered Optishot.  Got 100 bucks off too when I found a code that actually works 🙂

Shout out to a brother “knightsofnii” who gave me so inside info on getting an “Optishot” stimulator!!! 
very much appreciated, Thank you!!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP5/MP25 combo

Sub70  Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Raw, on Recoil 760 SmacWrap

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

 :EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Sketcher shoes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Built a home range with a net in my side yard, can't go more than one day without hitting balls with lockdown or I go nuts.

  • Like 1

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2020 at 6:35 AM, edteergolf said:

Hang a sheet.  Same day shipping and easy install.  

I got one up, but it did take some trial and error. Here is what I learned.

1) A bed sheet was the first thing I tried. Probably works well if you have enough room between you and your neighbours because the impact is pretty loud.

2) Made up my mind to pay the $ and ordered a net off Amazon.ca. Relatively few choices, but I got the one from Dynamax. I worry though because while most of the reviews have been pretty good, a few customers shot their balls right through the net after a few hundred whacks. I only installed mine a couple of week ago, so we will see how that goes.

3) If you are on tile/concrete/cement, the ball dropping is going to be noisy. Once again, a problem if you live in a condo like myself.

4) To mitigate this problem, I first hung the net so that it's pretty slack. Even though the net is 10 x 10 ft, hung it so that was was 6 ft wide by 8 ft high. Lots of material draping to the ground.

5) Surprisingly, when I moved the hooks further apart, so that it hung 9 ft wide by 8 ft high, the net seemed to "catch" the ball more and didn't just drop the ball straight to the ground after it stopped it. I am not sure how this works, but it worked.

6) I do not like the strips of turf to hit off. Went to a driving range and bought one of their old mats. It's not in great condition, but still better than hitting off a strip for me.

 

IMG_20200514_170314.thumb.jpg.a786a80c989f5948a2314e5fc6bf2d97.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 8:05 PM, thatjasonlee said:

I got one up, but it did take some trial and error. Here is what I learned.

1) A bed sheet was the first thing I tried. Probably works well if you have enough room between you and your neighbours because the impact is pretty loud.

2) Made up my mind to pay the $ and ordered a net off Amazon.ca. Relatively few choices, but I got the one from Dynamax. I worry though because while most of the reviews have been pretty good, a few customers shot their balls right through the net after a few hundred whacks. I only installed mine a couple of week ago, so we will see how that goes.

3) If you are on tile/concrete/cement, the ball dropping is going to be noisy. Once again, a problem if you live in a condo like myself.

4) To mitigate this problem, I first hung the net so that it's pretty slack. Even though the net is 10 x 10 ft, hung it so that was was 6 ft wide by 8 ft high. Lots of material draping to the ground.

5) Surprisingly, when I moved the hooks further apart, so that it hung 9 ft wide by 8 ft high, the net seemed to "catch" the ball more and didn't just drop the ball straight to the ground after it stopped it. I am not sure how this works, but it worked.

6) I do not like the strips of turf to hit off. Went to a driving range and bought one of their old mats. It's not in great condition, but still better than hitting off a strip for me.

 

IMG_20200514_170314.thumb.jpg.a786a80c989f5948a2314e5fc6bf2d97.jpg

I use a carpet remnant about the width of the mat and long enough so that my sheet/net hangs over it and the balls land on the carpet.  I miss the net with a driver by six inches so everything hits pretty low onto the net.  I did this so I can get good swing video.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 7:06 PM, edteergolf said:

I use a carpet remnant about the width of the mat and long enough so that my sheet/net hangs over it and the balls land on the carpet.  I miss the net with a driver by six inches so everything hits pretty low onto the net.  I did this so I can get good swing video.  

Hmm, an old carpet is not a bad idea. I was thinking of getting some second hand foam mats from local gyms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 8:20 PM, Golfermarcus said:

I caved and bought one on Wayfair as I seriously couldn’t find anything decent online anywhere.   Also, I’m in Canada and no courses except in British Columbia are open.    What states have allowed golf to continue or opened recently with social distancing ?  I can’t think of any other sport besides golf that could really relax the business shutdown?  

Appreciate any “likes” here as I’ve been relegated to recruit status.    
 

thanks golf bro’s

 

Marcus 

I actually just got an impact net from Walmart delivered in about 5 days. It didn't come with any type of frame so I was thinking of using pvc to make one. But just tying some rope between 2 trees and hanging it with Carabiners has worked wonderfully for the past week or so.


Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :wilson-small: Blackjack 206

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ended up finding one on Facebook marketplace.  Haack Rukket Net. Very nice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...