TESTERS WANTED! ×

Worse and best club in your bag?

Under pressure what’s your least favorite and most confident club in your bag??

TaylorMade P790 - Dymanic Gold Shaft Stiff, 105g, Standard Lies & Length

TaylorMade M5 - Mitsubishi Chemical Shaft Stiff, 60g, 10.5g, Draw Bias

Right Handed

Sandton, Johannesburg, SA

Handicap 2

Under pressure, pitching wedge is best. I don't know why. It's just butter when I need it to be. 3 wood is by far the worst in almost every situation 🤣 Old ping g10 has too much offset and a tiny sweet spot and it makes me nervous.

Driver: Ping G10

3w: Ping G10

4H: Callaway FTiz

Irons: Titleist DCI Oversize+ Gold 4-L

Putter: Odyssey O-works 7s

Definitely looking to replace all but the putter 😄

6 minutes ago, Ploobear said:

Under pressure, pitching wedge is best. I don't know why. It's just butter when I need it to be. 3 wood is by far the worst in almost every situation 🤣 Old ping g10 has too much offset and a tiny sweet spot and it makes me nervous.

I know that feeling, taking the 3w as you are trying to hit the fairway then pow worse shot imaginable 🤣

Right Handed

Handicap 2

2 minutes ago, Chefchad73 said:

Fave is 8 iron. Can just stick it. Worst is 5 iron. I seem to always thin it on long par 3’s

Ouch.. Nothing worse than a thin 5i, especially in the cold 🥶 

Right Handed

Handicap 2

For me it's an easy answer to worst club. The driver. Callaway Epic Flash SZ is getting sky-marked by me atm. 2nd hand Mizuno ST180 hasn't seen the course yet due to lockdown. I have utterly unfounded (and easy dashed) optimism though. If I can finish with the same ball I will score okay. If not, it can be a train-wreck. Best club has probably always been the 56deg SW. I found lower bounce works better for me. 20% of my 2's on par 3s (stats go back to April 2013) come from chip-ins, invariably with the 56 too.

It’s the same club for both. Full swing 50* is money, but up around the green under pressure can and often results in a duffed or bladed chip. I’ve got the long game of a single digit guy but the short game is garbage. I was just starting to see big gains in that regard when the courses all closed! I miss golfing! 😭

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

I'll answer a different way. The club I'm least consistent with is my driver. The most consistent  is my Ping EYE 2 60* 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

A new Fave for me is Vokey 54 degree with Frankenstein Grind.  I bought it second hand at a shop here in Plano and I love it.  I wanted a 54 for gapping purposes and don't love paying over $100 for a new wedge.  You couldn't even see all the #s on the club because they had put their own grind on it.  However, I love it.  I rarely hit that odd thin or chunk around the greens anymore.  Worst has got to be 6 iron.  Never really got along with 5 and 6 iron.  I haven't had as much of a problem these days but, it's got to be all mental.  I can stripe a 4 iron all day but, will fat a 6 iron if I'm not careful.  I think I have confidence with my 4 iron because as a junior I would tee off with 4 iron if I was having a bad day with my woods.  It was always my fairway finder.

Driver:  Taylormade '16 9.5* M1 Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH

3 Wood: Cobra F7 14.5 Degree Aldila DVS Fairway 75X

5 Wood: Taylormade R15 17 degree Fujikura Speeder 67 S

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie and 1* strong

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Oddysey White Hot #7 Fang, Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet, Callaway S2H2

My favorite because I am most confident is a tie between 2H and 8 iron. Can stick them and are my go to clubs at any given point to salvage a round.

i still love the driver but it’s my most inconsistent and honestly could get away with taking it out of the bag so that’s my worst. But when it’s hit......image.gif.17fb76ec3d8e152320ab11e8b30408e2.gif

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

7 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

My favorite because I am most confident is a tie between 2H and 8 iron. Can stick them and are my go to clubs at any given point to salvage a round.

i still love the driver but it’s my most inconsistent and honestly could get away with taking it out of the bag so that’s my worst. But when it’s hit......image.gif.17fb76ec3d8e152320ab11e8b30408e2.gif

Yeah, I've always had a pretty good relationship with driver.  I put a new one in the bag last year TM M1 and once I found the spot it liked to be hit it was pretty consistent.  I recently put a new shaft in it and took it to the range.  I hit the first 5 exactly where and how I wanted.  I was like this is it!! and then I duck hooked the next one...  Hit a couple more good ones to erase the memory and then put it away.  

Driver:  Taylormade '16 9.5* M1 Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH

3 Wood: Cobra F7 14.5 Degree Aldila DVS Fairway 75X

5 Wood: Taylormade R15 17 degree Fujikura Speeder 67 S

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie and 1* strong

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Oddysey White Hot #7 Fang, Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet, Callaway S2H2

My Fave is my 54*, when its a full 54* I feel as though I can really go after a pin.  As I have mentioned on MGW before my driving is suspect at best so my worst club is my driver, very inconsistent.  Good inquiry!  

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

My tight lies 3 wood has never been my friend. Except when I was testing it of course it was a beaut then!? But pulling out my 56 wedge for 80 yard or less shot makes me feel Negan carrying Lucille on his shoulder. (TWD reference for those who know lol)

8 hours ago, jaybeemaestro said:

For me it's an easy answer to worst club. The driver. Callaway Epic Flash SZ is getting sky-marked by me atm. 2nd hand Mizuno ST180 hasn't seen the course yet due to lockdown. I have utterly unfounded (and easy dashed) optimism though. If I can finish with the same ball I will score okay. If not, it can be a train-wreck. Best club has probably always been the 56deg SW. I found lower bounce works better for me. 20% of my 2's on par 3s (stats go back to April 2013) come from chip-ins, invariably with the 56 too.

We’d do well in better ball, I’ll hit the fairway and miss the par 3 greens you can chip in 🤛🏻

Right Handed

Handicap 2

8 hours ago, jaybeemaestro said:

We’d do well in better ball. I’ll miss the green you can chip in 🤣

Right Handed

Handicap 2

Most consistent right now seems to be my 7 iron. I am struggling with my Callaway super hybrid, I’m looking at getting it reshafted, my instructor thinks it’s to heavy for my swing. Callaway customer service has been good.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

I would say the best club in my bag for my game is the driver. It's what gives me an edge over most people in the field. The game is easier when you can turn par 5s into par 4.5s, and some par 4s into par 3.5.

I would say that worst club is my 16° hybrid. Not that it's a bad club, it's just that it's the one where my bad swing habits (getting steep and flipping my hands to try and square the face) are magnified most. It's not unheard of for me to hit that 240m but with a 50m hook. That said those hooks are getting rarer in my game. Just a process of time to iron out bad habits.

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

What I considered my best club 2 years ago is now my worst which is the 3 wood. I just can not hit this club straight. Thank goodness the last day before the course closures I cracked it. My best club would be the pitching wedge. I have confidence in the club with full shots to chipping. BTW just ordered the Mizuno ST180 3W with the Tensei CK Blue shaft. Hoping for better results as I didn't get to test it out before buying.  

Driver :taylormade-small: Superfast Burner

3-wood :mizuno-small: ST180

5-wood :titelist-small: 910F

Hybrid :1332069271_TommyArmour: TA1 

Irons Maltby TE Forged 4 - GW

Wedge :titelist-small: SM6 58/06

Putter :taylormade-small: Monte Carlo Rossa AGSI

The club I love and hate the most is my 60 degree. When its on and I keep my head still for the 30-65 yard shot 2 bounces and checks right where I want it to be. But on those bad days I become sir chunks a lot hahaha

Driver: Titleist TSr3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x D1/Neutral setting (RH)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr2 16.5 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

7 Wood: Titleist TSr2 21 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

5 Hybrid: Titleist TSr2 24 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 8x B2 setting (RH)

Irons: 2023 Titleist Black T100 5-PW AMT White S300 Onyx (RH)

Wedges: 2023 Titleist Black T100 50 AMT White S300 Onyx, Titleist SM9 Premium Jet Black 54D/12 bounce, 58M/8 bounce BGT ZNE 130 wedge shafts (RH)

Putter: Bettinardi Wizard Inovai 8.0 Custom with Stability Shaft Tour Black

Ball: 2022 Titleist ProV1x (yellow)

Least favorite club in bag 8 iron.. Favorite club 7 iron.  Go figure. I think it's mental! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

5 minutes ago, tdroma98 said:

Least favorite club in bag 8 iron.. Favorite club 7 iron.  Go figure. I think it's mental! 

That’s golf in a nutshell

Right Handed

Handicap 2

I am totally comfortable with all my clubs from half to full swing. Anything less than half swing; basically a finesse shot, I hate them all.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG