I really like using mine outdoors hitting into a golf net.  I'm fortunate that I have a farmer's field behind my house so if one misses it is less of a deal.

Dave

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Everyone, I recently got the FlightScope Mevo, and I decided to do a little review for anyone curious about purchasing this launch monitor during quarantine. I hope you find it helpful!

Great review! I'm also a Mevo owner, but I have a bit of an addiction to budget launch monitors haha, so I did a comparison of my experience and thoughts on the various ones I've owned. Those include

There are quite a few things going for the Mevo when put head-to-head: 1) Mevo uses a rechargeable battery. While the battery life on the SC200 was good, I still burned through quite a few sets (

Posted Images

Here is a quick gif I made of my wife spying on me while using the Mevo. Hopefully this can give you an idea of the space required.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

• Like 4

:mizuno-small: ST 200 9.5°, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

:mizuno-small: ST 200 3w 15°, Diamana S+ 60 S

:srixon-small: Z H85 3h 19°, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 6.0

:taylormade-small: P770 (2017) 4-PW, KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:vokey-small: SM8 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M, KBS Tour S

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Fetch 34"

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine last friday, so far I'm super impressed  by the numbers it producing. Great help on range sessions.

The app on the other side is horrendous - I'm really hoping they have a new one in the makings.

By horrendous I mean that the look and feel is just plain bad.
It doesn´t use the entire screen of the phone.
It's as they are afraid of competing with themself if they made a good app.

On the positive side the app works, haven't had a crash yet. So if flightscope just could make an app that matches the product it would be great.

I wished it had a distance game built in, I know it's not "real" without side spin data, but on range sessions it would add a great competative moment.

Edited by Sandman
Added text about game
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Hey all. Just joined the Forum! I have had the Mevo for about a month now. I'm struggling with getting it to consistently record shots either at a range or in my yard with a net. Has anyone else had similar issues? In order to get any readings, I have to have it 4 feet or less from the ball position (not 6-7 like the instructions say). One day I was able to track 32/48 shots and very next day, same setup (net in yard) I couldn't get it to register a single shot. Their customer support seems be severely lacking as well. 

Bag: Sun Mountain 4.5 14 way

Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 deg (set to 9.9 deg/"little minus") Oban Devotion 6 Stiff 65g Grip GP MCC Plus4 Midsize

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange Stiff 70g Grip GP MCC Plus4 Midsize

Hybrids: 19 deg and 22 deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip GP MCC Plus4 Midsize

Irons: 5-PW Irons PXG 0211 KBS C Taper Tour 120 Stiff -0.50" Grip GP MCC Plus4 Midsize

Wedges: 50, 54 and 58 deg Callaway MD5 JAWS 10 deg bounce S Grind Grip GP MCC  Plus4 Midsize

Putter:  PXG Gen2 Spitfire Armlock 37.5" SuperStroke Flatso 3.0 17"

Game Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X

8 hours ago, RDel90 said:

Hey all. Just joined the Forum! I have had the Mevo for about a month now. I'm struggling with getting it to consistently record shots either at a range or in my yard with a net. Has anyone else had similar issues? In order to get any readings, I have to have it 4 feet or less from the ball position (not 6-7 like the instructions say). One day I was able to track 32/48 shots and very next day, same setup (net in yard) I couldn't get it to register a single shot. Their customer support seems be severely lacking as well. 

My experience has been that if there is a completely flat and uniform surface between the Mevo and the ball (such as a flat driveway), 6 feet works well. If there isn't, around 4 feet works best. Also, at 4 feet, I find that it doesn't work well when you place the Mevo directly behind the ball; you should place it ~3-4 inches above or below the ball, depending on your handedness and shot shape.

:mizuno-small: ST 200 9.5°, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

:mizuno-small: ST 200 3w 15°, Diamana S+ 60 S

:srixon-small: Z H85 3h 19°, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 6.0

:taylormade-small: P770 (2017) 4-PW, KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:vokey-small: SM8 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M, KBS Tour S

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Fetch 34"

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• 2 months later...
On 4/26/2020 at 10:55 AM, ObsessiveIndecisive said:

I just got the Mevo a week or so ago and I have been using the data similarly. My first project was the try and find optimal swing weight as I have felt like my clubs are too low (currently around D1.5). I am compiling my data in excel with some formulas to exclude mishits (along with foot spray) to get something like this:

2101629819_ScreenShot2020-04-26at10_52_01AM.png.a53b50d3d349be94bff5b1f887d1f368.png

I don't know excel all that well so I am still trying to figure out how to write a formula that takes the standard deviation of carry for my subset of good strikes but, sadly, I have more than enough time to figure that out before I am on a course again.

Next up will be spending the remaining time in quarantine to improve my ball striking. 

I'm very curious about the added swing weight at 5. It seems like you hit the middle the most and had the best smash factor, but the shortest carry out of everything?  Was there a big outlier in that group?  I can't imagine that it was too heavy because the +6 distance was the farthest average.  Just wondering.  Thanks!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How do you get the Mevo to sync with myflightscope ?

Do you need a subscription to even get basic session data ?

When I click the backup button in settings I get an error 'Not connected to the internet' even though the device is definitely connected

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone used this on the range and found any issues such as it tracking other people's shots? I know the unit has the aiming sights so that it is aligned behind the ball but wondering if it had any issues since there are multiple shots going on at the same time. Just ordered one used from Ebay and wondering if it is the right device for me if I will be using it almost exclusively on the range. Might be thinking of upgrading to a Mevo+ already...

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max D 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 70g 6.0 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Rangefinder : TecTecTec ULT-X

Pushcart : Currently Testing Motocaddy M5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.7

On 2/16/2021 at 1:43 AM, golfish! said:

Has anyone used this on the range and found any issues such as it tracking other people's shots? I know the unit has the aiming sights so that it is aligned behind the ball but wondering if it had any issues since there are multiple shots going on at the same time. Just ordered one used from Ebay and wondering if it is the right device for me if I will be using it almost exclusively on the range. Might be thinking of upgrading to a Mevo+ already...

No issues at the range.  The reason you need to enter which club you are using is because the device needs to know which launch "window" to focus in on.  It's not impacted by someone next to you.

I also considered the Mevo+, but keep in mind that there is about a 2 month backorder on these!

8 minutes ago, Harpua728 said:

No issues at the range.  The reason you need to enter which club you are using is because the device needs to know which launch "window" to focus in on.  It's not impacted by someone next to you.

I also considered the Mevo+, but keep in mind that there is about a 2 month backorder on these!

Agreed. I was thinking of buying on Ebay but either the sellers seem shady or they are scalping because they know the backorder time. Since I am mostly going to be on the range and can see the ball flight, I will most likely hold off on the Mevo+ until I can have a home setup. As long as it is not impacted by someone hitting balls next to me then the Mevo seems to be the way to go for me. Thanks.

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max D 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 70g 6.0 Stiff

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.7

On 2/17/2021 at 1:13 PM, golfish! said:

Agreed. I was thinking of buying on Ebay but either the sellers seem shady or they are scalping because they know the backorder time. Since I am mostly going to be on the range and can see the ball flight, I will most likely hold off on the Mevo+ until I can have a home setup. As long as it is not impacted by someone hitting balls next to me then the Mevo seems to be the way to go for me. Thanks.

Anytime

On 2/17/2021 at 10:13 AM, golfish! said:

You'll love it on the range. It doesn't have any issues picking up the ball and won't pick up balls from people around you. I have always found it to be remarkably reliable and accurate on the range and it's definitely the best entry level launch monitor for range use IMO. Mevo+ would be nice if you are doing lots of hitting indoors or into a net and need to simulate ball flight, but for outdoor use, I prefer the more compact size and lower cost of the Mevo. Hope you like it. 

On 2/17/2021 at 1:13 PM, golfish! said:

I bought my Mevo off Ebay last year thinking I was going to save some $$$. The seller had positive feedback rating. I struggled for almsot 2 months getting the unit to work properly. The Mevo support took a long time. I then had to by an "extended warranty" from Mevo to be able to get the unit looked at. I sent it in and they never told me what was wrong with it but acknowledged there was an issue and sent me a replacement unit. I think it was refurbished. But it worked! So in the end I wound paying what a brand new unit would have cost me anyways. So keep in mind what you find on Ebay most likely won't have warranty and you don't know if the owner had issues or took care of it properly. Honestly I would say just save yourself the headache and order a new unit. Just have to deal with the backorder time.

If i had to do it all over again, I'd probably look at the Rapsodo instead.

Bag: Sun Mountain 4.5 14 way

Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 deg (set to 9.9 deg/"little minus") Oban Devotion 6 Stiff 65g Grip GP MCC Plus4 Midsize

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange Stiff 70g Grip GP MCC Plus4 Midsize

Hybrids: 19 deg and 22 deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip GP MCC Plus4 Midsize

Irons: 5-PW Irons PXG 0211 KBS C Taper Tour 120 Stiff -0.50" Grip GP MCC Plus4 Midsize

Wedges: 50, 54 and 58 deg Callaway MD5 JAWS 10 deg bounce S Grind Grip GP MCC  Plus4 Midsize

Putter:  PXG Gen2 Spitfire Armlock 37.5" SuperStroke Flatso 3.0 17"

Game Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X

On 2/20/2021 at 8:54 AM, longdrivenate said:

You'll love it on the range. It doesn't have any issues picking up the ball and won't pick up balls from people around you. I have always found it to be remarkably reliable and accurate on the range and it's definitely the best entry level launch monitor for range use IMO. Mevo+ would be nice if you are doing lots of hitting indoors or into a net and need to simulate ball flight, but for outdoor use, I prefer the more compact size and lower cost of the Mevo. Hope you like it. 

Interestingly, I seem to pick up the shots of people next time me occasionally. I just go in a delete the shots after. For sure I am loving the data it is giving me.

2 hours ago, RDel90 said:

I bought my Mevo off Ebay last year thinking I was going to save some $$$. The seller had positive feedback rating. I struggled for almsot 2 months getting the unit to work properly. The Mevo support took a long time. I then had to by an "extended warranty" from Mevo to be able to get the unit looked at. I sent it in and they never told me what was wrong with it but acknowledged there was an issue and sent me a replacement unit. I think it was refurbished. But it worked! So in the end I wound paying what a brand new unit would have cost me anyways. So keep in mind what you find on Ebay most likely won't have warranty and you don't know if the owner had issues or took care of it properly. Honestly I would say just save yourself the headache and order a new unit. Just have to deal with the backorder time.

If i had to do it all over again, I'd probably look at the Rapsodo instead.

Sorry to hear that. My unit came ok and works just fine. Always a risk with Ebay but at least you have the guarantee that the item is as described.

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.7

On 2/16/2021 at 6:43 AM, golfish! said:

I've had mine for about a year and last week was at the driving range in a bay with a small 3 foot partition and the Mevo was getting triggered by intermittently by the guy next to me, data was totally rubbish and spoiled my session. This is the 1st time I've noticed this.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

8 hours ago, Alf. S said:

I've had mine for about a year and last week was at the driving range in a bay with a small 3 foot partition and the Mevo was getting triggered by intermittently by the guy next to me, data was totally rubbish and spoiled my session. This is the 1st time I've noticed this.

Same here. Could be that means the stations are too close. But I just go in and delete those shots.

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.7

• 1 month later...

reviving an old thread but is everyone leaving the unit on the ground when hitting off a mat and teeing off? I have yet to use this into a net at home with tour level balls (I play a TP5) so I have only used it on the range with range balls off a mat. Has anyone noticed it making a difference in numbers? I definitely notice a low smash factor (1.3~) but can verify I have hit the center of the face using foot spray on the face of the driver. Also carry distances seem a bit off but I am wondering if that is because it is range balls and energy transfer to those rocks isnt as good.

• Like 1

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.7

4 hours ago, golfish! said:

reviving an old thread but is everyone leaving the unit on the ground when hitting off a mat and teeing off? I have yet to use this into a net at home with tour level balls (I play a TP5) so I have only used it on the range with range balls off a mat. Has anyone noticed it making a difference in numbers? I definitely notice a low smash factor (1.3~) but can verify I have hit the center of the face using foot spray on the face of the driver. Also carry distances seem a bit off but I am wondering if that is because it is range balls and energy transfer to those rocks isnt as good.

I've found that you can drive yourself a little crazy chasing numbers with range balls. 🤣 They just aren't consistent enough from ball-to-ball. I have never used the Mevo with a premium ball, unfortunately, because on course I need my phone for Arccos. I probably should play a practice round sometime and use the Mevo just for fun.

Not only can ball speed be a bit funny with range balls, the spin readings I get from them are inconsistent as well. You can get a lot of low-spin fliers reported on the Mevo as a result.

I leave the unit on the ground, as that seems to end up with the best shot of quality numbers and capturing every shot. Occasionally the Mevo will pick up the divot on a short iron shot and misread. I've also had issues with elevated tee boxes leading to some weird launch angle numbers. At the range I visit most often my driver launch angle will be 9-11 degrees consistently, which I find to be a little low. At another range, where the tee box is situated much higher, I've seen launch angles up near 20 degrees with a driver. Same ball flight, just different tee box elevations.

Not a perfect system to say the least, but still pretty cool and in my opinion definitely worth the ~$500.

• Like 1

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.3 (Last Updated May 2, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Mavrik (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver