2 hours ago, edingc said:

I've found that you can drive yourself a little crazy chasing numbers with range balls. 🤣 They just aren't consistent enough from ball-to-ball. I have never used the Mevo with a premium ball, unfortunately, because on course I need my phone for Arccos. I probably should play a practice round sometime and use the Mevo just for fun.

Not only can ball speed be a bit funny with range balls, the spin readings I get from them are inconsistent as well. You can get a lot of low-spin fliers reported on the Mevo as a result.

I leave the unit on the ground, as that seems to end up with the best shot of quality numbers and capturing every shot. Occasionally the Mevo will pick up the divot on a short iron shot and misread. I've also had issues with elevated tee boxes leading to some weird launch angle numbers. At the range I visit most often my driver launch angle will be 9-11 degrees consistently, which I find to be a little low. At another range, where the tee box is situated much higher, I've seen launch angles up near 20 degrees with a driver. Same ball flight, just different tee box elevations.

Not a perfect system to say the least, but still pretty cool and in my opinion definitely worth the ~$500.

For sure I know I shouldnt be chasing numbers with range balls! I just use it as a fun way to practice and just look at trends not individual shots so much. I am honest with myself and know when I hit a shot well and the numbers back it up. I also know when I hit a poor shot and know that the numbers may not necessarily represent that. I will try to and set up my hitting net and hit some of my tp5 into the net using the Mevo and see what types of numbers I get. will report back here once I do.

• Like 1

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max D 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 70g 6.0 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Rangefinder : TecTecTec ULT-X

Pushcart : Currently Testing Motocaddy M5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.7

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Everyone, I recently got the FlightScope Mevo, and I decided to do a little review for anyone curious about purchasing this launch monitor during quarantine. I hope you find it helpful!

Great review! I'm also a Mevo owner, but I have a bit of an addiction to budget launch monitors haha, so I did a comparison of my experience and thoughts on the various ones I've owned. Those include

There are quite a few things going for the Mevo when put head-to-head: 1) Mevo uses a rechargeable battery. While the battery life on the SC200 was good, I still burned through quite a few sets (

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, golfish! said:

For sure I know I shouldnt be chasing numbers with range balls! I just use it as a fun way to practice and just look at trends not individual shots so much. I am honest with myself and know when I hit a shot well and the numbers back it up. I also know when I hit a poor shot and know that the numbers may not necessarily represent that. I will try to and set up my hitting net and hit some of my tp5 into the net using the Mevo and see what types of numbers I get. will report back here once I do.

I'll be curious to hear your findings in regards to ball speed!

We still are getting temps into the 20s at night here and I've found that the range balls are super cold/slow at noon the next day yet from sitting out all night. I really, really should play a practice round with my MTB-Xs and see how the speed compares.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 10.0 (Last Updated May 11, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Mavrik (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

4 hours ago, edingc said:

I'll be curious to hear your findings in regards to ball speed!

We still are getting temps into the 20s at night here and I've found that the range balls are super cold/slow at noon the next day yet from sitting out all night. I really, really should play a practice round with my MTB-Xs and see how the speed compares.

Hmm I have no idea what night temps are in the 20's as we are already in the 80's here in SoCal during the day and down in the 50's at night lol. Definitely don't miss living in NYC winters! 

There is a course near my house that I may be able to get out and walk a quick 9 in the afternoon or just ask if I can hit some balls off the 10th tee right before sundown and use the Mevo to measure at least the drives that I can then compare with my Shotscope numbers and the GPS numbers on my Motocaddy M5~ yes I just got notification that they have been shipped and will be arriving tomorrow~

• Love 1

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max D 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 70g 6.0 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Rangefinder : TecTecTec ULT-X

Pushcart : Currently Testing Motocaddy M5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.7