Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

SKLZ Accelerator Pro Putting Mat

Heroforhire8

I set this product up on carpet, then on tile floor.  It actually performed better on carpet.  When stretched out on tile the grout lines caused bumps in the roll; the mat is pretty thin.  From the get go I wasn't too enthusiastic about this product.  The ramp is the detractor.  In order to put a 3' putt in the hole you have to hit it about as hard as you would a 6' putt.  If you're working on speed, getting the ball to die into the hole or pass the hole by 18" this isn't the product for you.  It's going to train you to hit putts too hard.  If you're working on getting the proper line and stroke on straight putts, this is an OK choice.  The mat has some markings that assist with alignment and distance.  It took some time for the surface to actually lay flat once I took it out of the box.  The sides tend to rib a little, but the middle of the mat has a pretty good surface.

Pros:

* 12" wide.  If a hallway is your practice space this mat is thin enough to fit and still leave you room to stand to the side.

*Ball return works every time.

*Easy storage and light weight.  

*Price. $49.  All other mats with ramps and ball returns are at least $10 more.

Cons:  

*Mat is thin, plastic ramp is thin. It makes sense to roll up the mat for storage but when unrolled is tends to curl.

*The ramp.  I can't find a reason to want a ramp at the last 12" of a putt, besides aiding the ball return.

*The ball return ramp is 3 pieces, including the mat it's a 4 piece set.

20200418_153951.jpg

20200418_153829.jpg

20200418_153902.jpg

20200418_153930.jpg

Hey, I have this one too.  I've been temped to pull off the ramp as I also have the PuttOut pressure putt trainer and usually set that up right before the ramp anyway.  Besides that mine has help up well and smooths out just fine on the hardwood floor.  Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't like the ramp! haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I use the same one and hate the ramp. Plastic is starting to crack a bit. use it every night right now so I’ve gotten my money’s worth

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

I use the same one and hate the ramp. Plastic is starting to crack a bit. use it every night right now so I’ve gotten my money’s worth

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yeah. The matt material itself has done well no grooves or anything. Just the bleeping ramp keeping me from liking it more. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Have you tried any other putting mats that you could compare it to?

:mizuno-small: ST 200 9.5°, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

:mizuno-small: ST 200 3w 15°, Diamana S+ 60 S

:srixon-small: Z H85 3h 19°, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 6.0

:taylormade-small: P770 (2017) 4-PW, KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:vokey-small: SM8 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M, KBS Tour S

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Fetch 34"

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Have you tried any other putting mats that you could compare it to?

My friend has this one and I think they roll at similar speeds. His is a bit thicker, and obviously doesn’t have a ramp. IMG_9405.png

I have the Accelerator II model and really like it. Looks like the mall joe diffs with the Pro model are the markings and the ball return design. Good trainer though IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

I have this mat and I like it: but my putting issues are aided by this type of mat.

1) my tendency to pull straight putts left 

2) my tendency to hit putts that die at or short the hole, making them break too much the last 1/3 of the putt

so this trains me to hit putts harder/ hold the line slightly better. I’m not leaving putts short anymore and I consider that an improvement for me. But no ramp = no ball return in a $50 putting mat.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Down with the Ramp!

They mess up distance control and are for Lazy People!

And I have a electric ball return setup to get the balls back to me.😆  

WITB:

Driver:  Taylormade  SLDR Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH.   

3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 3W

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 710 AP1 5-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie 

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Ping Grayhawk Putter