TESTERS WANTED! ×

Horrible day...

PMookie

Yikes sorry man. I’d keep calling for a few days. Maybe someone will have a change of heart and turn it in?

If not... after being part of the test group for the Precision Pro NX9 HD I still highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

6 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Well, I went to a course about 30 miles North of me, a “Country Club”, to play 18. It’s semi-private, and only $30 for 18 with cart. It’s in a small, rural town, so when I pulled-in, I was the only one not in a pick-up truck. I paid for my round, and hit a small bucket of balls.

Once I got on the course, I didn’t have any type of a swing I could depend on. Couldn’t get off the tee, couldn’t even hit 3 wood, or 4 iron straight off the tee either. Approaches were bad, and my putting was atrocious. When the round ended, I grabbed my stuff, bought a beer, and headed home.

When I got home, I realized I didn’t have my rangefinder! Crap. I left it hooked-up on the arm of the cart. I called the Club, but I had two things going against me: they don’t write down who gets which cart, and there aren’t any kids grabbing your cart when you’re done. I called, and the girl from the club took down my info. She just called and said no one turned it in. Crap! I’ve had that laser for over a year, Nikon Coolshot Pro, and I’ve taken it everywhere across the South and never left it behind, but when I do, it’s at a place where it can’t be tracked, or no cart barn guys to help. $400.

So, a crap round, and I’m out $400. No one’s fault but mine, and I still can’t believe I didn’t grab it off the post! Ugh. Sucks. I’ve never had something I’ve left behind not turned-in to the pro shop. So mad at myself. Such an expensive mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When I first saw the title "Horrible Day", I thought, well at least he got to play golf, but after I read your post, without being able to retrieve your rangefinder, that really was horrible, damn.  😞

39 minutes ago, SlowNLow said:

When I first saw the title "Horrible Day", I thought, well at least he got to play golf, but after I read your post, without being able to retrieve your rangefinder, that really was horrible, damn.  😞

I have a Nikon Cool Shot too,  bought it 3 years ago for like $460, it has slope and anti-vibration.   Hopefully somebody will do the right thing and return yours.

Sorry to hear about this, I think it's terrible when someone won't do the right thing and turn it in. I don't see how people can live with themselves when they just take someone's stuff. 

I agree

Like someone earlier said, I’d keep phoning for a while, just in case. I’ve accidentally gone home with someone’s club before when I’ve picked it up on the course. I hope that’s all that’s happened 🤞🏼

And if they have nicked it, I hope all their rounds from now on are worse than the one you had there. Much worse!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB: Driver - Ping G400 Max 9 Degree, VA Slay X-Stiff Shaft   5 Wood - Ping 18 Degree, Ping Alta Stiff shaft   Irons - 4 & 5 Mizuno MP20 HMB, 5 to PW, Mizuno MP20 MMC, KBS C Taper Lite Stiff Shafts + 1 inch 1 degrees upright   Wedges - Ping Tour-W 54 & 58 Degree, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright  Putter - Ping Sigma2 Tyne 35"

Yeah... that's a bummer. I bet they saw you didn't drive a pickup. J/K.

I'd ask if they would post a flyer (that you provide) in the pro shop in some conspicuous place. Somebody has it. There's always hope.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Yeah... that's a bummer. I bet they saw you didn't drive a pickup. J/K.
I'd ask if they would post a flyer (that you provide) in the pro shop in some conspicuous place. Somebody has it. There's always hope.

They called this AM and still no luck.
I’m going to call them later today and ask if they’ll post a “reward” flyer for me. I figure if I put pictures of the device, and the Frogger attachment it had with it, around the club, at least if it’s a member who has it, they my play with someone else and another might say, “Hey, that’s that missing laser...” I figure I’ll offer $100.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Straight up sucks. Sorry man. Good luck I hope someone does the right thing.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

19 hours ago, PMookie said:

Well, I went to a course about 30 miles North of me, a “Country Club”, to play 18. It’s semi-private, and only $30 for 18 with cart. It’s in a small, rural town, so when I pulled-in, I was the only one not in a pick-up truck. I paid for my round, and hit a small bucket of balls.

Once I got on the course, I didn’t have any type of a swing I could depend on. Couldn’t get off the tee, couldn’t even hit 3 wood, or 4 iron straight off the tee either. Approaches were bad, and my putting was atrocious. When the round ended, I grabbed my stuff, bought a beer, and headed home.

When I got home, I realized I didn’t have my rangefinder! Crap. I left it hooked-up on the arm of the cart. I called the Club, but I had two things going against me: they don’t write down who gets which cart, and there aren’t any kids grabbing your cart when you’re done. I called, and the girl from the club took down my info. She just called and said no one turned it in. Crap! I’ve had that laser for over a year, Nikon Coolshot Pro, and I’ve taken it everywhere across the South and never left it behind, but when I do, it’s at a place where it can’t be tracked, or no cart barn guys to help. $400.

So, a crap round, and I’m out $400. No one’s fault but mine, and I still can’t believe I didn’t grab it off the post! Ugh. Sucks. I’ve never had something I’ve left behind not turned-in to the pro shop. So mad at myself. Such an expensive mistake.

Eish sorry man! That’s soo annoying.

TaylorMade P790 - Dymanic Gold Shaft Stiff, 105g, Standard Lies & Length

TaylorMade M5 - Mitsubishi Chemical Shaft Stiff, 60g, 10.5g, Draw Bias

Right Handed

Sandton, Johannesburg, SA

Handicap 2

I hate losing stuff - regardless of what it is and how much it cost. 3 years ago I lost a Nikon cool shot on the course, it still annoys me. It someone isn't using it, they probably posted an ad on Craigslist.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

This sucks dude.

On a related note, I'd pay $400 for a round off golf at my local muni right now. 

How much for a course with “fairways” like these?
IMG_1304.JPG

Well that stinks

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Hopefully someone would just do the right thing without a reward being offered.  If someone has kept it, I hope they break their driver shaft on the next swing.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

Ouch - been there but nothing quite that expensive.  A couple clubs here and there which I'm sure many of us can relate.

If nothing does end up turning up - you might check out the Precision Pro with slope and vibration.  I've had mine for about 2.5 years now and the company sends you batteries for life for replacements.  I think they are $170 right now at rock bottom golf and you may be able to find additional discount codes.

Edited by juspoole

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

11 hours ago, PMookie said:

How much for a course with “fairways” like these? emoji23.png
IMG_1304.JPG

$4.?

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Yeah, I have an old Nikon Laser 500 that's probably 15 years old and still works as well if not better than any newer model my friends have. I almost had a similar story last summer having left it at one of the best courses in the area (The Majestic at Lake Walden). I didn't even notice it missing for a few days until I was 150 miles away. Not expecting to ever see it again, I called them & their cart attendant had turned it in. It took me another several days to get back there to retrieve it, but I did and they wouldn't even take a tip for their trouble. Very lucky!!

However, I'm almost to the point where I'd take a horrible day at the golf course, just to be at the golf course!!  😀

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft, or Motore X F35R, or Newton 3-Dot

:srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:srixon-small: ZX MK II 23 deg Hybrid Iron

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft or :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice

On 4/18/2020 at 8:55 PM, PMookie said:

Sorry man always tough when someone doesn’t return something. I am still waiting on the day where I leave a wedge on the green and doesn’t get back to me 🤦‍♂️

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Sorry man always tough when someone doesn’t return something. I am still waiting on the day where I leave a wedge on the green and doesn’t get back to me 🤦‍♂️

I’ve been there - it was at a similar type of facility to the slot of PMookie’s sad affair. Always gotten my stuff back at Muni’s or truly private clubs.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Ouch - been there but nothing quite that expensive.  A couple clubs here and there which I'm sure many of us can relate.
If nothing does end up turning up - you might check out the Precision Pro with slope and vibration.  I've had mine for about 2.5 years now and the company sends you batteries for life for replacements.  I think they are $170 right now at rock bottom golf and you may be able to find additional discount codes.

Is yours the NX7? Debating on that one or the new NX9 HD....

Is yours the NX7? Debating on that one or the new NX9 HD....

My NX7 Pro went bad and Precision Pro sent me a HD as a replacement so I can comment on the differences. The NX7 Pro feels a bit less bulky (not sure of actual dimensions). The pin seeker acquires the pin very quickly, even with trees surrounding the green. Definitely faster and more accurate than my older Coolshot. It has a strap feature. - I always attached a long colorful lanyard since I had a habit of leaving it on a fairway.

The HD has a wider and clearer field of vision, although the Pro was clear. The vibration on the HD for the pin seeker is not as pronounced (almost none) but it picks up the pin as fast or faster than the Pro. Initially I had to check if it picked up the pin since I was use to the vibration of the Pro (last Fall when pins were still in). No strap feature but it does have a magnet.

FYI I noticed (before covid) that Precision Pro products were available at our local GG store. Although the I haven't checked on line at GG.

For me what speaks volumes is customer service. I sent PP a pm on this site when I had the problem with the Pro and had an response just a couple of hours later. The new unit was sent the following day, without waiting for the Pro to be returned. They didn't question or try to fix via phone. I would definitely buy another one.

And as you're probably aware they did have coupon codes for MGS members.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

My NX7 Pro went bad and Precision Pro sent me a HD as a replacement so I can comment on the differences. The NX7 Pro feels a bit less bulky (not sure of actual dimensions). The pin seeker acquires the pin very quickly, even with trees surrounding the green. Definitely faster and more accurate than my older Coolshot. It has a strap feature. - I always attached a long colorful lanyard since I had a habit of leaving it on a fairway.

The HD has a wider and clearer field of vision, although the Pro was clear. The vibration on the HD for the pin seeker is not as pronounced (almost none) but it picks up the pin as fast or faster than the Pro. Initially I had to check if it picked up the pin since I was use to the vibration of the Pro (last Fall when pins were still in). No strap feature but it does have a magnet.

FYI I noticed (before covid) that Precision Pro products were available at our local GG store. Although the I haven't checked on line at GG.

For me what speaks volumes is customer service. I sent PP a pm on this site when I had the problem with the Pro and had an response just a couple of hours later. The new unit was sent the following day, without waiting for the Pro to be returned. They didn't question or try to fix via phone. I would definitely buy another one.

And as you're probably aware they did have coupon codes for MGS members.

So, if you’re me, are you going to buy the NX7 Pro, or the NX9???