Our Sponsors

With divided bags being of countless variations, what do you all prefer? I have a mizuno Aerolite micro bag that i have been using for about 4 years. I would like to get a new 14 way bag because I am a meticulous person. But I figured I would ask since there is nothing else better to do with this quarantine.

In the last 4 years I've had the following bags:

• 5-way Hoofer
  • 14-way Hoofer
  • 4-way Sun Mountain 3.5LS
  • 14-way Vessel (Current bag)

I didn't like the 14-way Hoofer because it didn't have a putter well like the Vessel does. Not sure if the newer Hoofer 14's do, but I didn't enjoy putting in an oversized grip into it. I really liked the 4-way SM divider, but was disappointed after my bag broke after barely 2 years due to the stitching failing. This time around I went for the highest-quality bag I could, that was also all black. Ended up choosing the 14-way Player 2.0 over the 6 (which is like a 5+1 because I believe the top divider is meant for your putter) because I didn't think I would like the layout of my bag in a 5-way -- I'm weirdly peculiar like that. If it was a 4-way with a putter well I would've gone with that, I really like the way I can organize my bag with a 4-way top, and separating my putter would be even better.

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

I've had a 5 and 14 way bag and definitely prefer the 14 way because I'm a bit CDO about my clubs.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Guess I’m the opposite of these guys. Went from 14 to 4 and don’t see myself going back.

In my experience if it’s 14 way it better be full length individual dividers or the clubs tangle.

I currently have a 4 way which has 3 internal dividers. I prefer it because I have my driver, wood, hybrid, and putter up too. Then 5-PW in the middle, and My wedges in the bottom.

I have found less tangle and less club chatter with the 4 way top.

IMG_8832.jpg
  • Like 6

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

Ahhhhh, the old Kabuki top. Where has it gone, and WHY?!

Is most like to have a 5-way, where the putter goes up top. My putters are 36.5”-37”, which are longer than a wedge, and with the head cover, they always block the wedges at the bottom. I wish a brand would go back to creativity and make a top that works with putters. I guess I’m a guy that would prefer a separate well for it, as was mentioned.

Here’s the old Mizuno Kabuki top.

IMG_1312.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 6

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Personally I prefer the 4 or 6 opening compared to the 14. I have owned one bag that had a 14 slot opening and I hated it. For me it is easier to find my clubs in the 4 slot versus the 14 and since I went to an 11” opening with the sun mountain 5.5 I don’t think I will get another bag for a long time.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

14 way is my favorite.  I don't get my clubs stuck as much and if you organize your bag right, they don't clank around as much. Plus I like them organized, quicker for me to pull my next weapon easy to play fast!

• Like 4
Ahhhhh, the old Kabuki top. Where has it gone, and WHY?!
Is most like to have a 5-way, where the putter goes up top. My putters are 36.5”-37”, which are longer than a wedge, and with the head cover, they always block the wedges at the bottom. I wish a brand would go back to creativity and make a top that works with putters. I guess I’m a guy that would prefer a separate well for it, as was mentioned.
Here’s the old Mizuno Kabuki top.
IMG_1312.PNG.7a13f9cff29b85cdcc356bd958e0fd7d.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah. I was always a fan of OGIO Woode top, but that last one I had the dividers under the top were crappy. They were excellent when they were full dividers. I really hope they bring back that top with full length dividers. I’d buy one in a heartbeat. I think it’s a perfect blend for cart and carry. RenderedImage.jpgIMG_9313.jpg
  • Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

Yeah. I was always a fan of OGIO Woode top, but that last one I had the dividers under the top were crappy. They were excellent when they were full dividers. I really hope they bring back that top with full length dividers. I’d buy one in a heartbeat. I think it’s a perfect blend for cart and carry. RenderedImage.thumb.jpg.167eb3052bf7bf51c9705fd125ec3969.jpgIMG_9313.jpg.2e2fd038d238dddf598b1d7d9389eaa1.jpg

Oh, yeah! Another really good one
  • Like 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

For the summer, on my push cart, I like a 14 way divider.

I’m a bit forgetful ( wedge left at the previous green type thing🤪) and like peace and quiet when I’m walking and to keep my clubs in good condition. I also I hate “club clatter” as I walk 🤨

So the best bag I ever had was a Bennington Quiet Organiser. It had 9 spaces for the irons, a putter well and divided space for the woods. It was easy to see all your clubs, you could soon see if an iron was missing.

I’ve not got one any more and this is making me nostalgic - maybe I’ll have to get one for my next bag IMG_3155.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

WITBDriver - Ping G Series 10.5 Degree, Ping Alta 55g Stiff shaft 3 Wood - Ping Stretch 13 Degree, Ping Alta Stiff shaftIrons - 4 to PW, Ping S57, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright Wedges - Ping Tour-W 54 & 58 Degree, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright Putter - Odyssey O Works 1W

I have a sun mountain C130 14 way. Its great, highly recommended. For a long time I had a 14 way ping bag, but my grips would get bound and I would have trouble getting clubs in and out. Its first world problems, but especially when you hit a bad shot, the last thing you need is to be fighting with your bag when you are frustrated. I have a two compartment sunday bag that I use with a half set that I love too, its super light, but thats a whole different avenue to take. +1 for Sun Mountain C130

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had a 4-way bag and a 14-way bag.  Definitely love the 14 way bag because I can get a little OCD with my clubs.  Like the fact that I can easily find my clubs, found that taking them in/out was easier for me.  I currently use the Nike ProCombo 14-way bag.  Had this bag for years!!!  Cant seem to let this one go!

My TaylorMade bag is 14 way. I have a love hate relationship with it. I liked the idea of every club has its place as it fits in with my OCD. But when I want to change clubs around to replace my hybrid with my driving iron or remove the lob wedge, my OCD comes back to haunt me as I need to move around almost every club. 🤪 I would also like a putter well.

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° set to 9.5° w/ALTA CB R

image.png Gen 1 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue 5.5

:ping-small: G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/TFC 419H R

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 23° Green Dot Mitsubishi Tensei Blue R 

image.png 0211 irons 5 - GW 2° upright w/True Temper Elevate R 

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 54°/14° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105 Wedge Flex

:EVNROLL: ER7 34”

The two I use the most right now are 

Titleist Hybrid 5 and PING Hoofer 14

I  prefer the Hybrid 5 the most as the clubs just seem to fit better in the well.  I have midsize grips and they often get stuck in the small individual dividers.   But if I'm going on a weekend trip with lots of rounds in a cart, I may take the 14 way as it has a bit more storage and fits better on the cart.

I also have the Titleist 3 way lightweight bag, that I'll use if I'm going to a course that has caddies, as it's easier for them.   Also I use it for the few times I may go out for a walking 3 to 5 hole loop. 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I just swapped back to a 5 way from a 14. Had a 14 way for several years like having individual spots but it just looked unorganized to me. Went back to 5 way and am happy with the purchase. A lot less clanking too

• Like 2

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

9 hours ago, MWGomez said:

My TaylorMade bag is 14 way. I have a love hate relationship with it. I liked the idea of every club has its place as it fits in with my OCD. But when I want to change clubs around to replace my hybrid with my driving iron or remove the lob wedge, my OCD comes back to haunt me as I need to move around almost every club. 🤪 I would also like a putter well.

This is what I struggled with as well!. Swapping back to a 5 way was a decision that was much harder than it should have been but am happy with it. I almost want to design a bag to have 6 way, 5 for clubs and a putter well but I am no designer!

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

I've used Sun Mountain's 4-way, and now have a Ping Hoofer (2015) with 5-way dividers.  I've never been interested in 14-ways, primarily because of the added weight.  I'm not one who cares about a dedicated putter spot, in fact my putter lives in the same hole as my driver.

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I replaced my Sun Mountain Sync 14-way cart bag 3 years ago with a Wilson Staff Nexus 5-way carry bag and love it.  Even though the SM Sync bag fit perfectly on my SM MicroCart, I had trouble pulling clubs without the grips getting stuck.  The Nexus bag fits pretty well on my cart and on riding carts.  I also like that it fits better in the trunk of my car, and it's easier to carry when I just want to go to the practice area.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I replaced my Sun Mountain Sync 14-way cart bag 3 years ago with a Wilson Staff Nexus 5-way carry bag and love it.  Even though the SM Sync bag fit perfectly on my SM MicroCart, I had trouble pulling clubs without the grips getting stuck.  The Nexus bag fits pretty well on my cart and on riding carts.  I also like that it fits better in the trunk of my car, and it's easier to carry when I just want to go to the practice area.

I struggled with bags in my old car. Mine fit with 2 others but really had to kiddy corner it which sucked. I am not ready for a cart bag yet 😂 still enjoy being able to walk the course and will for as long as I can....or until I go pro and have a caddy whatever happens first

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

13 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I struggled with bags in my old car. Mine fit with 2 others but really had to kiddy corner it which sucked. I am not ready for a cart bag yet 😂 still enjoy being able to walk the course and will for as long as I can....or until I go pro and have a caddy whatever happens first

My wife still has her SM Sync bag and it does take up more room in the trunk.  I could get both of our SM bags in the trunk but it was a squeeze with our two push carts.  With my carry bag I have more room.

EDIT:  Sorry, I forgot my wife replaced her SM bag with a Mizuno BR-D4C 14-way cart bag.  Same size, I just don't pay that much attention to it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”