TESTERS WANTED! ×

Best feeling in golf..

Golf is hard..  Quite often we procrastinate on what we don’t do well or a poor shot in golf instead remembering why you play the golf. 

Describe what shots during a round that give you that feeling of sheer elation. 

What’s the greatest shot you’ve hit or situation. 

Enjoy 😉 56AEE27B-32F1-4AA1-8481-3DC6D332B38B.thumb.png.ec355a50603530d1b363bb95352f9e79.png

TaylorMade P790 - Dymanic Gold Shaft Stiff, 105g, Standard Lies & Length

TaylorMade M5 - Mitsubishi Chemical Shaft Stiff, 60g, 10.5g, Draw Bias

Right Handed

Sandton, Johannesburg, SA

Handicap 2

I’m hoping my greatest shot is still ahead of me. But the feeling that brings me back every time is that pured iron into a green. To take from Tin Cup, it is like a tuning fork rings in your loins.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:
pxg-small.jpg 0811 Prototype Driver: (10.5 / s-flex)
image.png.cb4b01bb138fdc7ddf4f5e9396a76d82.png   Sub 70 Pro Tour Fairway 3W (15 / s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0341 Prototype, 5W (18, s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0311, 4-PW, (+1/2" / +2 up) ProjX LZ 6.0
pxg-small.jpg 0311 wedges, 52, 56, 60 degree
TommyArmour.jpg.d3c9da7d74a401e95b625f92af834200.jpg Impact No.3, Putter 35"

Dexterity: Right-handed

That’s a great feeling and great movie. You know Peter Kostis was Kevin’s swing coach for that movie 😀

Right Handed

Handicap 2

For me, the greatest feeling in golf is when I visualize the shot, step up with freedom and then execute the shot.  

It can be a long drive, a well struck sand shot, a four foot slider on the green or a 7 iron hit right at the pin.  I have had shots that I miss hit that turn out fine, sometimes even great.  I have made putts that I thought I missed when I hit the ball.  But, those don't give me the satisfaction of seeing the shot and then hitting it confidently and with no interference or fear.  When I see the ball in the air and think, "Yeah, I hit that just like I planned," I am a happy camper.   

That’s awesome! Reminds you why you play. Geez I’m missing golf 🏌️♀️ 

Right Handed

Handicap 2

Nothing beats a ball flying the exact trajectory and location you visualize during pre-shot. I love that feeling.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Especially when the sun is bright and the sky is blue!

Right Handed

Handicap 2

I'm a mid handicapper and I can't remember a single round in which I didn't have several very rewarding shots. The purely struck big drive down the middle. The purely struck approach shot that's in real birdie range. Any putt I make over 10 feet. A tough recovery or sand shot that comes off exactly as hoped planned. I don't have one "greatest shot," I'd quit golf if I didn't have lots of good shots among the (many) bad or so-so. However, my lone hole-in-one was definitely not my best shot ever - it just happened to go in. Funny game...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

You must have some great ball striking my friend, sounds like you are a solid mid Handicaper 🏌️♀️

Right Handed

Handicap 2

During my last round, I found myself on the fairway on 18 about 160 yards from the pin. My Arccos told me to use my 6 iron but I had been hitting strong all day so I opted for my 7. I landed the ball about 15 feet from the pin to reach the green in regulation and ended up parring the hole. Since I haven't been able to golf since, that's the shot I keep remembering.

2 minutes ago, Phazoni said:

During my last round, I found myself on the fairway on 18 about 160 yards from the pin. My Arccos told me to use my 6 iron but I had been hitting strong all day so I opted for my 7. I landed the ball about 15 feet from the pin to reach the green in regulation and ended up parring the hole. Since I haven't been able to golf since, that's the shot I keep remembering.

Brilliant. Great reminder of golf. You must of flushed that 7i. 

Right Handed

Handicap 2

4 minutes ago, DennisMurphy said:

Brilliant. Great reminder of golf. You must of flushed that 7i. 

I suppose I did. I haven't really thought about where I hit it. I'm using cast irons and I haven't been playing long enough to know where I hit the ball based on feel.

4 minutes ago, Phazoni said:

I suppose I did. I haven't really thought about where I hit it. I'm using cast irons and I haven't been playing long enough to know where I hit the ball based on feel.

Awesome the game only gets better 

Right Handed

Handicap 2

I think there are multiple great feelings during a ground. All different....for me:

-A great feeling for a singular shot is when I stick an iron I am a pin seeker and usually do not get much release or spin back so I can pretty much go at the flag. A great feeling is when I can put a great iron shot within 5’ and just sits there....no greater shot feeling for me then that.

-During the course of a round another great feeling is a good birdie. Off the tee fairway hit, iron shot GIR and 1 putt (or whatever hole it is.)

-lastly going penalty free in a round....has only happened a few times for me. Clean golf is always a good feeling

I am A pretty simple golfer and am all feel/momentum so a lot of these things play into that which is why I chose them.

image.jpeg.2824b8a57516ef37e037cac8323be526.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

I think there are multiple great feelings during a ground. All different....for me:

-A great feeling for a singular shot is when I stick an iron I am a pin seeker and usually do not get much release or spin back so I can pretty much go at the flag. A great feeling is when I can put a great iron shot within 5’ and just sits there....no greater shot feeling for me then that.

-During the course of a round another great feeling is a good birdie. Off the tee fairway hit, iron shot GIR and 1 putt (or whatever hole it is.)

-lastly going penalty free in a round....has only happened a few times for me. Clean golf is always a good feeling

I am A pretty simple golfer and am all feel/momentum so a lot of these things play into that which is why I chose them.

image.jpeg.2824b8a57516ef37e037cac8323be526.jpeg

You must hit some solid shots! Sometimes golf can be so simple when you make a birdie like that. Great to hear 

Right Handed

Handicap 2

5 minutes ago, DennisMurphy said:

You must hit some solid shots! Sometimes golf can be so simple when you make a birdie like that. Great to hear 

I struggle with hitting speed bumps I’ll have a 3-4 hole bad stretch and if it’s off 1 it kills the round. I get it back after those few but always rough starting badly. Little things in golf keep me happy I don’t need an ace or albatross or anything like that. Clean game is good enough for me lol

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I struggle with hitting speed bumps I’ll have a 3-4 hole bad stretch and if it’s off 1 it kills the round. I get it back after those few but always rough starting badly. Little things in golf keep me happy I don’t need an ace or albatross or anything like that. Clean game is good enough for me lol

I know that feeling, there was a time I doubled the 1st hole every time I played but like anything in life it’s just a moment in time and never lasts 

Right Handed

Handicap 2

Mine was when I hit a3 wood into a par 5 over the green next to a set of steps about 10 feet higher then a green that runs straight down hill. Heard people betting that i couldn't hold the green from there. Full send flop shot with about a hundred people watching from around the green.  Landed in the frindge trickled down to the hole and stopped in a ball mark 1 inch above the hole. People went crazy high fiving me, spilling drinks. A guy yelled that was the greatest shot I've ever seen. Everytime I see him, he reminds me of it. 20200421_201950.jpg.7be92af6d9d159213db95c5818bbcf17.jpg20200421_202159.thumb.jpg.8c03bd15c1c97d69af4b074234540a64.jpg

My most memorable moment came almost 20 years ago, the first time I broke par for 9 holes. Showed up for a Saturday round, and was informed that they screwed up, and had an outing, so we could only play nine. After 6 holes I was 4 over (about my norm). #7 is a very reachable par 5. Reached in 2, made a 30 footer for eagle. #8, par 4, chipped in for birdie. #9 is another par 5, but I had never reached in 2 before. I hit a great drive, and went for and made the green, to about 15 feet. I'm now thinking, "If I make this I'll be under par for the first time in my life!" This green is right by the parking lot, which was loaded with 144 players for the outing sitting in their carts waiting for their shotgun start. Somebody noticed I was on in 2, and word got around. When I made the putt there was a huge explosion of applause from the parking lot. Last three holes in 5 under to finish 1 under. That last putt was the most pressure I've ever felt on a golf course. 

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

I love when you imagine a shot in your mind ( how you are going to hit it, draw/fade; low/high; ect.) and then you pull off that shot perfectly. There is no better feeling when you pull off a shot exactly as you imagined it. That's what makes this game so fun; using you imagination and then see it come to life.

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Not being a long hitter... hell, I'm not even a medium hitter, I have to be accurate.  But even that doesn't mean I can always get to some of the greens in regulation.  For me there is no best feeling off the tee or approach to the green, unless the ball goes in the hole!!  (I have had 3 aces).  I've had people call it boring, and maybe it is.

However, my best feeling in golf is when I can scramble around to make pars from difficult spots... I always seem to find those!  It's a confidence booster when I can get up and down from anywhere.  Doesn't always happen for me, but it's a good feeling when people are amazed.  Bonus is a chip-in or making a long putt; my wife calls me an a$$hole.  I know it's a term of endearment.  😀

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

So many answers to this really. The last fews rounds Ive hit my 3w very well. Combine the sound of the head, the feel of the ball, and watching the ball cut through the air with a little fade and land in the fairway is shear pleasure for me. Im not generally great off the tee so zim enjoying this. 

On the other end I made a few putts tonight for not only birdies, but to save my bacon on a par or two. So made putt fromnthe sweet spot feels very good offf of my putter. 

Then theres.......

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

My greatest shot is always at the driving range 😂

but the feeling of walking in the nature for 4 hrs and letting everything else out of it is unbearable.

i am a surfer and despite the total different anture of the sports i find the same peace in golf than sitting on a calm ocean waiting for a wave

Edited by Wondergiulio

:ping-small: G400 9.0 Alta CB 55g stiff

:ping-small: G400 3W Alta CB 65g stiff

:Sub70: Fairway Pro 5W Ust Mamiya V2 black stiff

:Sub70: 839X 4h Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: 639cb 5-PW Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: Forged Wedge  50.7 Kbs TGI80

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB-X

16 hours ago, Erik-M said:

Mine was when I hit a3 wood into a par 5 over the green next to a set of steps about 10 feet higher then a green that runs straight down hill. Heard people betting that i couldn't hold the green from there. Full send flop shot with about a hundred people watching from around the green.  Landed in the frindge trickled down to the hole and stopped in a ball mark 1 inch above the hole. People went crazy high fiving me, spilling drinks. A guy yelled that was the greatest shot I've ever seen. Everytime I see him, he reminds me of it. 20200421_201950.jpg.7be92af6d9d159213db95c5818bbcf17.jpg20200421_202159.thumb.jpg.8c03bd15c1c97d69af4b074234540a64.jpg

That’s the Bestever! You must of been stoked 🤣

Right Handed

Handicap 2

My most memorable was in a golf tournament and we had a three way tie for first place. The course did not go by score card playoff, they asked for one member from each foursome to step forward. When I did they said go get a club that you hit between 100 and 125 yards. They took us down the 18th fairway and said closest to the pin wins. the shot was about 115 yards to an uphill green. you could only see about 1/2 the flag stick. Winner got $400 per man for his team. Yup I did it! 

IMG_0886.jpg

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Best feeling for me is visualizing the shot and executing. I play blades so I know when I hit it right and pure. 
I’ve had plenty of memorable shots but I have to give a shout out to my pops for best shot. My dad has had numerous shoulder surgeries to the point of having hours shoulder reconstructed with cadaver ligaments and tissue. The doctors weren’t sure if he’d ever golf again. He has always struggled with getting a ball in the air but after some lessons, that was no longer a worry. 182 yard par 3 for him. Ranger pulls up as we are on the tee and stops to watch his and my sisters tee balls. He proceeds to hit a beautiful baby draw directly at the flag. Hits the green and rolls right into the cup. Everyone screams and yells. That hug made every good shot I’ve hit seem none important. The ranger came back a little bit later with a couple of beers s as a congrats to him. The ball and picture of him and the 3 of us hangs in his den and I catch him looking at it all the time. 

WITB:Driver: Titleist 915D2, Diamana Whiteboard 72X

3 Wood: Callaway DR, Project X 6.5

Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot, Aldila Trinity X

Irons: 4-PW, Mizuno MP68, Project X 6.5

Wedges: 52, Callaway X Tour, Project X

56, Cleveland 588, Project X

60, Callaway Mac Daddy, Project X

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

For me its any shot that goes on the line I had visualized in my head.  But the best of the best is when I stuff one close to the pin and know it as soon as its hit.  

It happened a few time with wedges anywhere from 60-120 yards out.  In the past 3 years I've holed out 3 times (once from 40ish yards, once from 68 yards, and once from 116).  All of those felt like they were going to be close as soon as I hit it.  I watched them fly just left of the flag stick and only saw the one from 68 go in.  It bounced twice spin a little right and just died in the hole.  Its tough to beat the feeling of those ones!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

To me, the best feeling shot in golf is the next one.  Beyond that, its hard to pick.  The other day I hit my first ever 250+ yard drive that landed in the fairway.  It left me with a 130 yard iron shot into the green and that felt pretty good.  I hit that drive with my Tommy Armour Atomic driver too, that club just keeps impressing me, even if I still kind of wish it had a stiff shaft instead of a regular in it.

Hitting a long fairway wood shot feels great too because it can get you on the green on a par 4 or 5 or at least set you up with an easy wedge into a green on a par 5.  Sticking an iron shot to 5 feet feels great too.  A great shot with a wedge, be it an up and down for par, a great bunker shot or a controlled flop shot feels great too.  Heck, sinking a long, snaking putt is amazing too and sight of the ball dropping out of sight, followed by the sound of the ball rattling around inside the cup is a wonderful thing.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Best feeling physically- a pured iron
Best feeling pyschlogically- driver on the screws
Best sounding- the ball hitting the bottom of the cup
Best Visually (tie)- running in a long putt or sticking a wedge

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim