DenMurf

Best feeling in golf..

Our Sponsors

Golf is hard..  Quite often we procrastinate on what we don’t do well or a poor shot in golf instead remembering why you play the golf. 

Describe what shots during a round that give you that feeling of sheer elation. 

What’s the greatest shot you’ve hit or situation. 

Enjoy 😉 56AEE27B-32F1-4AA1-8481-3DC6D332B38B.thumb.png.ec355a50603530d1b363bb95352f9e79.png

• Like 1

TaylorMade P790 - Dymanic Gold Shaft Stiff, 105g, Standard Lies & Length

TaylorMade M5 - Mitsubishi Chemical Shaft Stiff, 60g, 10.5g, Draw Bias

Right Handed

Sandton, Johannesburg, SA

Handicap 2

I’m hoping my greatest shot is still ahead of me. But the feeling that brings me back every time is that pured iron into a green. To take from Tin Cup, it is like a tuning fork rings in your loins.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

WITB:
:ping-small:  G Driver: (10.5 / s-flex)
:bridgestone-small: J38, 3W (15 / s-flex)
:titelist-small:  980F, 5W (19) s-flex
pxg-small.jpg 0311, 4-PW, (+1/2" / +2 up) ProjX LZ 6.0
pxg-small.jpg 0311 wedges, 52, 56, 60 degree
TommyArmour.jpg.d3c9da7d74a401e95b625f92af834200.jpg Impact No.3, Putter 35"

Dexterity: Right-handed

That’s a great feeling and great movie. You know Peter Kostis was Kevin’s swing coach for that movie 😀

• Like 1

Right Handed

Handicap 2

For me, the greatest feeling in golf is when I visualize the shot, step up with freedom and then execute the shot.  

It can be a long drive, a well struck sand shot, a four foot slider on the green or a 7 iron hit right at the pin.  I have had shots that I miss hit that turn out fine, sometimes even great.  I have made putts that I thought I missed when I hit the ball.  But, those don't give me the satisfaction of seeing the shot and then hitting it confidently and with no interference or fear.  When I see the ball in the air and think, "Yeah, I hit that just like I planned," I am a happy camper.   

• Like 3

That’s awesome! Reminds you why you play. Geez I’m missing golf 🏌️♀️ 

Right Handed

Handicap 2

Nothing beats a ball flying the exact trajectory and location you visualize during pre-shot. I love that feeling.

• Like 4

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Currently testing the Ben Hogan PTx Combo irons https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38486-2020-official-member-review-ben-hogan-icon-ptx-proicon-combo-irons/

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

Especially when the sun is bright and the sky is blue!

• Like 1

Right Handed

Handicap 2

I'm a mid handicapper and I can't remember a single round in which I didn't have several very rewarding shots. The purely struck big drive down the middle. The purely struck approach shot that's in real birdie range. Any putt I make over 10 feet. A tough recovery or sand shot that comes off exactly as hoped planned. I don't have one "greatest shot," I'd quit golf if I didn't have lots of good shots among the (many) bad or so-so. However, my lone hole-in-one was definitely not my best shot ever - it just happened to go in. Funny game...

• Like 2

• Callaway Rogue 10.5° 9.5°D & 3W
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • and 14th club - Mizuno CLK 3H 19° OR MP-20 HMB 3i 19°
  • Snell MTB-X (replaced Black)

You must have some great ball striking my friend, sounds like you are a solid mid Handicaper 🏌️♀️

Right Handed

Handicap 2

During my last round, I found myself on the fairway on 18 about 160 yards from the pin. My Arccos told me to use my 6 iron but I had been hitting strong all day so I opted for my 7. I landed the ball about 15 feet from the pin to reach the green in regulation and ended up parring the hole. Since I haven't been able to golf since, that's the shot I keep remembering.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phazoni said:

During my last round, I found myself on the fairway on 18 about 160 yards from the pin. My Arccos told me to use my 6 iron but I had been hitting strong all day so I opted for my 7. I landed the ball about 15 feet from the pin to reach the green in regulation and ended up parring the hole. Since I haven't been able to golf since, that's the shot I keep remembering.

Brilliant. Great reminder of golf. You must of flushed that 7i. 

Right Handed

Handicap 2

4 minutes ago, DennisMurphy said:

Brilliant. Great reminder of golf. You must of flushed that 7i. 

I suppose I did. I haven't really thought about where I hit it. I'm using cast irons and I haven't been playing long enough to know where I hit the ball based on feel.

4 minutes ago, Phazoni said:

I suppose I did. I haven't really thought about where I hit it. I'm using cast irons and I haven't been playing long enough to know where I hit the ball based on feel.

Awesome the game only gets better 

• Like 1

Right Handed

Handicap 2

I think there are multiple great feelings during a ground. All different....for me:

-A great feeling for a singular shot is when I stick an iron I am a pin seeker and usually do not get much release or spin back so I can pretty much go at the flag. A great feeling is when I can put a great iron shot within 5’ and just sits there....no greater shot feeling for me then that.

-During the course of a round another great feeling is a good birdie. Off the tee fairway hit, iron shot GIR and 1 putt (or whatever hole it is.)

-lastly going penalty free in a round....has only happened a few times for me. Clean golf is always a good feeling

I am A pretty simple golfer and am all feel/momentum so a lot of these things play into that which is why I chose them.

image.jpeg.2824b8a57516ef37e037cac8323be526.jpeg

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

I think there are multiple great feelings during a ground. All different....for me:

-A great feeling for a singular shot is when I stick an iron I am a pin seeker and usually do not get much release or spin back so I can pretty much go at the flag. A great feeling is when I can put a great iron shot within 5’ and just sits there....no greater shot feeling for me then that.

-During the course of a round another great feeling is a good birdie. Off the tee fairway hit, iron shot GIR and 1 putt (or whatever hole it is.)

-lastly going penalty free in a round....has only happened a few times for me. Clean golf is always a good feeling

I am A pretty simple golfer and am all feel/momentum so a lot of these things play into that which is why I chose them.

image.jpeg.2824b8a57516ef37e037cac8323be526.jpeg

You must hit some solid shots! Sometimes golf can be so simple when you make a birdie like that. Great to hear 

• Like 1

Right Handed

Handicap 2

5 minutes ago, DennisMurphy said:

You must hit some solid shots! Sometimes golf can be so simple when you make a birdie like that. Great to hear 

I struggle with hitting speed bumps I’ll have a 3-4 hole bad stretch and if it’s off 1 it kills the round. I get it back after those few but always rough starting badly. Little things in golf keep me happy I don’t need an ace or albatross or anything like that. Clean game is good enough for me lol

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I struggle with hitting speed bumps I’ll have a 3-4 hole bad stretch and if it’s off 1 it kills the round. I get it back after those few but always rough starting badly. Little things in golf keep me happy I don’t need an ace or albatross or anything like that. Clean game is good enough for me lol

I know that feeling, there was a time I doubled the 1st hole every time I played but like anything in life it’s just a moment in time and never lasts 

• Like 1

Right Handed

Handicap 2

Mine was when I hit a3 wood into a par 5 over the green next to a set of steps about 10 feet higher then a green that runs straight down hill. Heard people betting that i couldn't hold the green from there. Full send flop shot with about a hundred people watching from around the green.  Landed in the frindge trickled down to the hole and stopped in a ball mark 1 inch above the hole. People went crazy high fiving me, spilling drinks. A guy yelled that was the greatest shot I've ever seen. Everytime I see him, he reminds me of it. 20200421_201950.jpg.7be92af6d9d159213db95c5818bbcf17.jpg20200421_202159.thumb.jpg.8c03bd15c1c97d69af4b074234540a64.jpg

• Like 4

My most memorable moment came almost 20 years ago, the first time I broke par for 9 holes. Showed up for a Saturday round, and was informed that they screwed up, and had an outing, so we could only play nine. After 6 holes I was 4 over (about my norm). #7 is a very reachable par 5. Reached in 2, made a 30 footer for eagle. #8, par 4, chipped in for birdie. #9 is another par 5, but I had never reached in 2 before. I hit a great drive, and went for and made the green, to about 15 feet. I'm now thinking, "If I make this I'll be under par for the first time in my life!" This green is right by the parking lot, which was loaded with 144 players for the outing sitting in their carts waiting for their shotgun start. Somebody noticed I was on in 2, and word got around. When I made the putt there was a huge explosion of applause from the parking lot. Last three holes in 5 under to finish 1 under. That last putt was the most pressure I've ever felt on a golf course. 

• Like 2

I LOVE when I stand behind a putt and instantly see the line and nail it. It gives me confidence more than anything else.

• Like 2