Jump to content

What are your summer goals???


Recommended Posts

Great question although it’s coming to winter in the Southern Hemisphere. 
 

Few goals this year.

1 is more yoga and golf flexibility exercises. I believe you can change your swing and swing habits working on your body. 
 

2 Create playing stats during the rounds and focus my practice time on my weaknesses. 
 

3 Be grateful.. Sometimes we practice and practice and our expectations change and get a little inpatient. 

  • Like 5

TaylorMade P790 - Dymanic Gold Shaft Stiff, 105g, Standard Lies & Length

TaylorMade M5 - Mitsubishi Chemical Shaft Stiff, 60g, 10.5g, Draw Bias

Right Handed

Sandton, Johannesburg, SA

Handicap 2

Link to comment

For me 1st and foremost for me as @DennisMurphy said being grateful to just play. We have yet to have courses open and I have the itch so bad but this year will be different I think. Always happy to be out there but this year and years to come will be even better because of all this.

2nd my goal is to drop my handicap to At least 5 and in turn be playing sub 80 rounds more consistently. 
 

lastly during my fitting I had no idea I was hitting down with my driver (5 degrees down). I have been working ALL winter in this and am getting close to an even strike not quite up yet. My goal is to be consistently 280 off the tee because of this .

  • Like 2

Check out my reviews:

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

For me 1st and foremost for me as @DennisMurphy said being grateful to just play. We have yet to have courses open and I have the itch so bad but this year will be different I think. Always happy to be out there but this year and years to come will be even better because of all this.

2nd my goal is to drop my handicap to At least 5 and in turn be playing sub 80 rounds more consistently. 
 

lastly during my fitting I had no idea I was hitting down with my driver (5 degrees down). I have been working ALL winter in this and am getting close to an even strike not quite up yet. My goal is to be consistently 280 off the tee because of this .

Im sorry to hear about your courses being shut down due to the pandemic. These are most definitely trying times. There was an interesting article I read on how how to come down from a 18 to 9 handi.. Ill share the link just incase you havent read it (first day on here, hope its not a policy violation)

http://www.golfwrx.com/599572/behind-the-numbers-a-road-map-for-an-18-handicap-to-get-down-to-a-9/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Trending&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=unused

  • Like 1

"The greatest pleasure is obtained in improving" - Ben Hogan

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, ForTheLoveofTheGame said:

Im sorry to hear about your courses being shut down due to the pandemic. These are most definitely trying times. There was an interesting article I read on how how to come down from a 18 to 9 handi.. Ill share the link just incase you havent read it (first day on here, hope its not a policy violation)

http://www.golfwrx.com/599572/behind-the-numbers-a-road-map-for-an-18-handicap-to-get-down-to-a-9/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Trending&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=unused

Yea it sucks but they’ll be open soon enough I am sure.

i follow these 2 a lot. They’re great and break things down simply. Can’t wait for the rounds to start

 

 

  • Like 3

Check out my reviews:

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment

Just the ability to play has to be my goal. Our courses have been closed for almost 3 weeks now. To echo what others have said though to be grateful for being able to get out there. I saw a thing the other day saying "I cant wait to slice a ProV1 into the woods." I couldnt agree more with that haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Just the ability to play has to be my goal. Our courses have been closed for almost 3 weeks now. To echo what others have said though to be grateful for being able to get out there. I saw a thing the other day saying "I cant wait to slice a ProV1 into the woods." I couldnt agree more with that haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

Hahaha

"The greatest pleasure is obtained in improving" - Ben Hogan

Link to comment

This summer was supposed to be the year I qualify for Districts. I haven’t competed since 2005 and I still have the itch and I know I can play. It’ll take practice but my wife is 100% on board with me trying.

COVID has other plans. This now becomes my 15 month plan.

  • Like 3
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

 

Western, NY

5.7 Index

Link to comment

Break 80, then do it consistently. 
 

Find a comfortable distance to the green and not use my driver as much when I don’t have to, more short game work. 

  • Like 2

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

Link to comment

Trying to get my index into single digits. Working especially on approach and putting, but driving consistency as well.

May everyone work hard, play lots, and attain their goals!

  • Like 2

Callaway Epic Speed + Mitsubishi MMT

TaylorMade SIM Titanium + Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

Titleist U510 20* + Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic

Mizuno 919 Forged + Paderson Kinetixx TS-I

Cleveland CBX2 54*, Vokey SM8 58*

TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Pro V1

Link to comment

Decide on a perfect driver upgrade then break 80!  With all the course closed around here it's been an opportunity for stronger goal setting and analysis.

  • Like 1
  • Driver:cobra-small: F9 Speedback 9 degree / Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60 Stiff
  • 3 Wood:callaway-small:  X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite 
  • 5 Wood:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite
  • 3 Hybrid:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 80g Mid/Mid Torque Graphite
  • 4-PW,AW:taylormade-small: RocketBladez / Taylormade RocketFuel Steel
  • LW:vokey-small: BV 60-04 
  • Putter:1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact Series No. 3
  • Ball:  :Snell:MTB-X Optic Yellow
Link to comment
Just now, GambyGolfGuy said:

Decide on a perfect driver upgrade then break 80!  With all the course closed around here it's been an opportunity for stronger goal setting and analysis.

Agreed it’s been tough not playing yet but has allowed me to really analyze and try to correct issues as well as set realistic goals

  • Like 1

Check out my reviews:

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Agreed it’s been tough not playing yet but has allowed me to really analyze and try to correct issues as well as set realistic goals

And if the courses aren't re-opened by summer I'm setting a new goal of building a simulator.  Hope it doesn't get to that point.

  • Haha 1
  • Driver:cobra-small: F9 Speedback 9 degree / Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60 Stiff
  • 3 Wood:callaway-small:  X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite 
  • 5 Wood:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite
  • 3 Hybrid:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 80g Mid/Mid Torque Graphite
  • 4-PW,AW:taylormade-small: RocketBladez / Taylormade RocketFuel Steel
  • LW:vokey-small: BV 60-04 
  • Putter:1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact Series No. 3
  • Ball:  :Snell:MTB-X Optic Yellow
Link to comment

Break 70. My play the last couple of weeks has me believing that this is achievable. I had kind of lost faith, but have been more focussed on course strategy; being at home has also slowed me to do backyard par active to improve my short game

  • Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Break 70. My play the last couple of weeks has me believing that this is achievable. I had kind of lost faith, but have been more focussed on course strategy; being at home has also slowed me to do backyard par active to improve my short game

Same here, my main goal is to break 70.  I have come close a bunch of times but never broken the 70 barrier.   I think most of it is mental.  I need to work on my frame of mind more.  I could also use some work with the flat stick.  So more putting practice and focus for me.

  • Like 2

   Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

     Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

                         9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

    Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

Link to comment

Achieve a 5 hcp, which would be my lowest ever. Doing this through lessons, and added time practicing on the short game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Link to comment

Goal number one is to actually play golf this summer.

Goal number two, just enjoy playing pain free, last time I remember being completely pain free like now, I was about 20 years old and did not play golf yet.

 

  • Like 1

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Link to comment

Play at least once a week. Drop strokes through lessons and practice sessions( I have a lot to drop) . Work on shot shaping. Be grateful that I can still play and Have fun 

  • Like 1

 :taylormade-small: Driver M6 9 Patterson Kinect 

:755178188_TourEdge: Tour Edge Exotic EXS 3 Wood 15 degree 

:taylormade-small: Rescue 3 fairway/hybrid wood 17 degree

:ping-small:  irons i-500 4-W Project X LZ 5.5 

:taylormade-small: Wedges,  Mill Grind 2- 50 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree HI-Toe

:cameron-small:  Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter Super Stroke grip

:Snell: MTB-X optic yellow

VESSEL  bag Player stand 2.0 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...