Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What are your summer goals???

Great question although it’s coming to winter in the Southern Hemisphere. 

Few goals this year.

1 is more yoga and golf flexibility exercises. I believe you can change your swing and swing habits working on your body. 

2 Create playing stats during the rounds and focus my practice time on my weaknesses. 

3 Be grateful.. Sometimes we practice and practice and our expectations change and get a little inpatient. 

TaylorMade P790 - Dymanic Gold Shaft Stiff, 105g, Standard Lies & Length

TaylorMade M5 - Mitsubishi Chemical Shaft Stiff, 60g, 10.5g, Draw Bias

Right Handed

Sandton, Johannesburg, SA

Handicap 2

For me 1st and foremost for me as @DennisMurphy said being grateful to just play. We have yet to have courses open and I have the itch so bad but this year will be different I think. Always happy to be out there but this year and years to come will be even better because of all this.

2nd my goal is to drop my handicap to At least 5 and in turn be playing sub 80 rounds more consistently. 

lastly during my fitting I had no idea I was hitting down with my driver (5 degrees down). I have been working ALL winter in this and am getting close to an even strike not quite up yet. My goal is to be consistently 280 off the tee because of this .

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

For me 1st and foremost for me as @DennisMurphy said being grateful to just play. We have yet to have courses open and I have the itch so bad but this year will be different I think. Always happy to be out there but this year and years to come will be even better because of all this.

2nd my goal is to drop my handicap to At least 5 and in turn be playing sub 80 rounds more consistently. 

lastly during my fitting I had no idea I was hitting down with my driver (5 degrees down). I have been working ALL winter in this and am getting close to an even strike not quite up yet. My goal is to be consistently 280 off the tee because of this .

Im sorry to hear about your courses being shut down due to the pandemic. These are most definitely trying times. There was an interesting article I read on how how to come down from a 18 to 9 handi.. Ill share the link just incase you havent read it (first day on here, hope its not a policy violation)

http://www.golfwrx.com/599572/behind-the-numbers-a-road-map-for-an-18-handicap-to-get-down-to-a-9/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Trending&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=unused

"The greatest pleasure is obtained in improving" - Ben Hogan

4 minutes ago, ForTheLoveofTheGame said:

Im sorry to hear about your courses being shut down due to the pandemic. These are most definitely trying times. There was an interesting article I read on how how to come down from a 18 to 9 handi.. Ill share the link just incase you havent read it (first day on here, hope its not a policy violation)

http://www.golfwrx.com/599572/behind-the-numbers-a-road-map-for-an-18-handicap-to-get-down-to-a-9/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Trending&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=unused

Yea it sucks but they’ll be open soon enough I am sure.

i follow these 2 a lot. They’re great and break things down simply. Can’t wait for the rounds to start

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

I have a 6-month. I just want to play once a week and try to keep my handicap under 10

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Just the ability to play has to be my goal. Our courses have been closed for almost 3 weeks now. To echo what others have said though to be grateful for being able to get out there. I saw a thing the other day saying "I cant wait to slice a ProV1 into the woods." I couldnt agree more with that haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Just the ability to play has to be my goal. Our courses have been closed for almost 3 weeks now. To echo what others have said though to be grateful for being able to get out there. I saw a thing the other day saying "I cant wait to slice a ProV1 into the woods." I couldnt agree more with that haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hahaha

"The greatest pleasure is obtained in improving" - Ben Hogan

This summer was supposed to be the year I qualify for Districts. I haven’t competed since 2005 and I still have the itch and I know I can play. It’ll take practice but my wife is 100% on board with me trying.

COVID has other plans. This now becomes my 15 month plan.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Trying to get my index into single digits. Working especially on approach and putting, but driving consistency as well.

May everyone work hard, play lots, and attain their goals!

Callaway Epic Speed + Mitsubishi MMT

TaylorMade SIM Titanium + Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

Titleist U510 20* + Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic

Mizuno 919 Forged + Paderson Kinetixx TS-I

Cleveland CBX2 54*, Vokey SM8 58*

TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Pro V1

Decide on a perfect driver upgrade then break 80!  With all the course closed around here it's been an opportunity for stronger goal setting and analysis.

• Driver:cobra-small: F9 Speedback 9 degree / Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60 Stiff
  • 3 Wood:callaway-small:  X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite 
  • 5 Wood:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite
  • 3 Hybrid:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 80g Mid/Mid Torque Graphite
  • 4-PW,AW:taylormade-small: RocketBladez / Taylormade RocketFuel Steel
  • LW:vokey-small: BV 60-04 
  • Putter:1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact Series No. 3
  • Ball:  :Snell:MTB-X Optic Yellow
Just now, GambyGolfGuy said:

Decide on a perfect driver upgrade then break 80!  With all the course closed around here it's been an opportunity for stronger goal setting and analysis.

Agreed it’s been tough not playing yet but has allowed me to really analyze and try to correct issues as well as set realistic goals

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Agreed it’s been tough not playing yet but has allowed me to really analyze and try to correct issues as well as set realistic goals

And if the courses aren't re-opened by summer I'm setting a new goal of building a simulator.  Hope it doesn't get to that point.

• Driver:cobra-small: F9 Speedback 9 degree / Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60 Stiff
  • 3 Wood:callaway-small:  X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite 
  • 5 Wood:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite
  • 3 Hybrid:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 80g Mid/Mid Torque Graphite
  • 4-PW,AW:taylormade-small: RocketBladez / Taylormade RocketFuel Steel
  • LW:vokey-small: BV 60-04 
  • Putter:1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact Series No. 3
  • Ball:  :Snell:MTB-X Optic Yellow

Break 70. My play the last couple of weeks has me believing that this is achievable. I had kind of lost faith, but have been more focussed on course strategy; being at home has also slowed me to do backyard par active to improve my short game

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Break 70. My play the last couple of weeks has me believing that this is achievable. I had kind of lost faith, but have been more focussed on course strategy; being at home has also slowed me to do backyard par active to improve my short game

Same here, my main goal is to break 70.  I have come close a bunch of times but never broken the 70 barrier.   I think most of it is mental.  I need to work on my frame of mind more.  I could also use some work with the flat stick.  So more putting practice and focus for me.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

Achieve a 5 hcp, which would be my lowest ever. Doing this through lessons, and added time practicing on the short game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Goal number one is to actually play golf this summer.

Goal number two, just enjoy playing pain free, last time I remember being completely pain free like now, I was about 20 years old and did not play golf yet.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Play at least once a week. Drop strokes through lessons and practice sessions( I have a lot to drop) . Work on shot shaping. Be grateful that I can still play and Have fun 

:taylormade-small: Driver M6 9 Patterson Kinect 

:755178188_TourEdge: Tour Edge Exotic EXS 3 Wood 15 degree 

:taylormade-small: Rescue 3 fairway/hybrid wood 17 degree

:ping-small:  irons i-500 4-W Project X LZ 5.5 

:taylormade-small: Wedges,  Mill Grind 2- 50 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree HI-Toe

:cameron-small:  Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter Super Stroke grip

:Snell: MTB-X optic yellow

VESSEL  bag Player stand 2.0 

Still be able to Squat 400lbs, Bench 315, and deadlift 550 all while still improving my golf game.

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

A month ago I would have said my summer goals are:

• Have a drive that goes over 300 yards (Arccos tracked so including roll and whatever downhill/downwind benefit I can get counts)
  • Play a round at par or better (I've done it for 9 holes, not 18)
  • 5 Birdies in a round (personal best is 4 on two separate occasions)

Now my goals are:

• Be able to go play golf on my golf trip in mid June
  • Be able to go play golf in the league
  • Be able to go play golf

I'll re-evaluate when I can, but MA just shut down schools and daycare until the end of June so it may be a while before I can figure out some realistic goals for the season.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Bring my index down to a 15.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

My original goals are going on the back burner. My oldest daughter has expressed a desire to play golf. So, going to be supportive in her efforts. I let her use my back up set yesterday on the range, but if she sticks with it, then I’ll get her a set of her own

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

This is a great question! Golf is a challenging sport as is so I am always striving to be better and I feel as if i can always improve. (One of the main reasons I love golf) But for this summer I'm going to put in a lot of range time really getting my swing dialed in something that can be easily repeated. I know it's a lofty goal but i would love to record my first hole in one this summer! 

:ping-small: G400 SFT 

:taylormade-small: SLDR 3Wood

:ping-small: G400 4Hybrid

:ping-small: i210 Orange Dot 5-PW KBS Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small:Hi-Toe 52/56/58

:taylormade-small:Mullen 2 Putter

3 hours ago, josmi15 said:

My original goals are going on the back burner. My oldest daughter has expressed a desire to play golf. So, going to be supportive in her efforts. I let her use my back up set yesterday on the range, but if she sticks with it, then I’ll get her a set of her own

That's awesome! Getting as many people involved in this great game is what it's all about. 

:ping-small: G400 SFT 

:taylormade-small: SLDR 3Wood

:ping-small: G400 4Hybrid

:ping-small: i210 Orange Dot 5-PW KBS Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small:Hi-Toe 52/56/58

:taylormade-small:Mullen 2 Putter

3 hours ago, josmi15 said:

That's neat! Be sure to start posting her progress and/or swing. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I can't wait until fitting locations are open and I can get fit for a new set of sub70 irons and then see how my game improves from there. I'm just really looking forward to playing some golf again!!!

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

• 4 weeks later...

I'm lucky that my home course and others around me never closed. I was able to play at least once a week since March. 

I think I set my goals to low for this season. I had them but just didn't post them.

1) Break par at least once this season. Shot 75 on Saturday then 70 on Sunday. So going to lower the goal  to break 70 this year. Did it once last year.

2) Try to keep my handicap where it is. I don't think I can get it any lower. The years are creeping up on me.

3) Play 5 new courses this year. Played TPC Southwind already. That's a new one and a treat to get on that course. I want to get to 150 courses. With TPC it made 146. (Yes, I keep a list thanks to another forum topic)

4) Stay healthy!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag