TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titliest Ts3 vs M5

ForTheLoveofTheGame

Has anyone played these two drivers to compare the differences?? I saw the mygolfspy reviews and a lot of the data points seem to indicate they are very similar except dispersion. Ts3 seemed to have a wider dispersion pattern for me! Anyone else? 

"The greatest pleasure is obtained in improving" - Ben Hogan

1 minute ago, ForTheLoveofTheGame said:

Has anyone played these two drivers to compare the differences?? I saw the mygolfspy reviews and a lot of the data points seem to indicate they are very similar except dispersion. Ts3 seemed to have a wider dispersion pattern for me! Anyone else? 

M5 all day for me! The ball goes the same distance with an off center hit. 

I used to have all Titliest equipment until I got the TM P790, then I got the M5 now I’m hooked. 

TaylorMade P790 - Dymanic Gold Shaft Stiff, 105g, Standard Lies & Length

TaylorMade M5 - Mitsubishi Chemical Shaft Stiff, 60g, 10.5g, Draw Bias

Right Handed

Sandton, Johannesburg, SA

Handicap 2

I have the TS3, never hit the M5. I'm going back to my 913D3. I'm having a serious hard time with hitting the TS3 consistently. I have a few shafts I'm going to try with it. If nothing helps, it's going up for sale.

I loved the TS3 when I hit it in the bay with a lunch monitor. In the real world... not so good...lol. I'm usually fairly good with the driver, so I'm hoping a different shaft will produce some consistency.

It might just be that I've lost about 30 lbs. and my swing is just not there right now. I lost that much weight 10 years ago and I struggled then too as I recall.

I have the TS3, never hit the M5. I'm going back to my 913D3. I'm having a serious hard time with hitting the TS3 consistently. I have a few shafts I'm going to try with it. If nothing helps, it's going up for sale.

I loved the TS3 when I hit it in the bay with a lunch monitor. In the real world... not so good...lol. I'm usually fairly good with the driver, so I'm hoping a different shaft will produce some consistency.
It might just be that I've lost about 30 lbs. and my swing is just not there right now. I lost that much weight 10 years ago and I struggled then too as I recall.

Congrats on the weight loss. I am sure that has a big influence on you swing and how your body sequences during the swing. Keep at it and you will find your swing.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 hours ago, silver & black said:

Agreed! Congrats on the weight loss!!! Keep it up! 
I definitely had the same experience with the ts3. But on the rounds i am on, the ts3 just felt so much better w better results compared to the m5. The m5 has had more predictable results so its in the bag rt now

"The greatest pleasure is obtained in improving" - Ben Hogan

When I Was fit last October at True Spec I hit both the M5 and the TS3.  I think the M5 looks, feels, and sounds better than the TS3.  I think I hit both of them about the same but by the time we got into dialing in for shafts I had already decided I preferred the M5.  If I remember correctly to my eye the TS3 looks like it had less loft than the M5 which is something that I don't prefer.  I think the silver line on the M5 helps with that.

Generally I have grown to prefer the sound of carbon drivers or all titanium drivers.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 4/20/2020 at 10:12 AM, silver & black said:

congrats on the weight loss!  You'll probably find yourself swinging faster after you get used to it! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

congrats on the weight loss!  You'll probably find yourself swinging faster after you get used to it! 

I hope so. I think my timing is just off. I've hit really well at times, but I just seem to hit it really low and left right now. We'll see how it goes as I get play a bit more.

I played the TS3 for about 4 months last summer/fall. I didn't like the sound/feel. It seemed empty, especially on the best strikes, which was unsettling. I prefer a more solid feeling on contact. I've hit my friends M5 a few times, not a huge fan of that either, but the shaft and weighting  were fit to his swing not mine. In any case the M5 contact feels a lot more positive.

Titleist 913D? Yes, please!

Callaway Epic Speed + Mitsubishi MMT

TaylorMade SIM Titanium + Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

Titleist U510 20* + Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic

Mizuno 919 Forged + Paderson Kinetixx TS-I

Cleveland CBX2 54*, Vokey SM8 58*

TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Pro V1

Update: I played yesterday with my brother. As inconsistent as I have been with the TS3... it was 180* the other way  yesterday. Less alcohol and a nice sunny day to improve the attitude...lol. If this is the trend, the TS3 will stay in the bag.

Glad to hear the TS3 is starting to behave.

My G30 did the same thing last year after
I threatened to replace it. Had some awesome driving days with it and got an extra season out of it which saved me a boat load being able to pick up the M5 used after the SIM was announced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was back to so, so with the TS3. I really think it's me. I have lost quite a bit of weight over the Winter. I struggled the last time I did this. I'm not hitting anything well right now... not just the driver. When I do connect with the TS3, it is awesome. I love the sound and feel when I hit it "on the screws". I just have to work thorough this timing/tempo issue I'm  having at the moment.

I was fitted for TS3 but I did not like the Tensei AV Blue shaft that came stock with it. It was too light and felt too whippy. I later put in a Diamana Whiteboard 70 which made it feel better. I felt I could attack the ball vs the Tensei. I have played with the M5 and can honestly say Twist Face is the real deal. I traded in my TS3 and waiting for a SIM Max w/ Ventus Velocore now. Been waiting over two months tho bc of quarantine. Smh.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year I went through a fitting for the Titleist TS3 and the Taylormade M5, based on the trackman results the TS3 was the better driver for my swing. Which was perfect with me as I really didn't care for the feel of the M5, the TS3 was also the longest and tightest dispersion of the 2. 

I had the t3 and could not seem to hit it for any distance. Went with the ping g410 instead.

Tried the m5 in store and just could not tame it.. was going every where but straight..

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe