Tpoole22

Spiked vs spikeless shoes

Our Sponsors

3 hours ago, Tpoole22 said:

Thanks for the help everyone! It sounds like I'll be picking up a some spiked shoes as I mostly play in the morning. 

if you are picking up new shoes, you might want to try this company

https://sqairz.com/performance/

I heard about them on a podcast about golf equipment...since it wasnt MGS i won't mention which one xP...sounds like it might be worth a try if you are picking up a new pair anyway and they offer free replacement soft spikes for the life of the shoe...

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball : :callaway-small: Chromesoft Truvis / Taylormade TP5 Pix

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 20

4 minutes ago, parkbrian1 said:

@smittybambam i am finally getting out on the course tomorrow after a month of no play...1.5 hour drive away to get on a course in Thousand Oaks, California. It will be worth every drop of gas!

Is Cali slowly opening up? Any updates on the state itself? I know it seems like beginning of May possibly everything will start to get back into a normal swing hopefully but just my guess

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

27 minutes ago, parkbrian1 said:

@smittybambam i am finally getting out on the course tomorrow after a month of no play...1.5 hour drive away to get on a course in Thousand Oaks, California. It will be worth every drop of gas!

Lol whatever it takes to be able to play. Might as well play 36 while your out there!

53 minutes ago, parkbrian1 said:

if you are picking up new shoes, you might want to try this company

https://sqairz.com/performance/

I heard about them on a podcast about golf equipment...since it wasnt MGS i won't mention which one xP...sounds like it might be worth a try if you are picking up a new pair anyway and they offer free replacement soft spikes for the life of the shoe...

I'll check them out. Do you know of any major golf stores that sell them? I'd like to try them on before I buy.

Like others, I have both. Unless I am playing in the morning, I like the spikeless. I do agree golf shoes with spikes have better traction. I just mostly walk and the spikeless are more comfortable.

Been walking a lot this year due to the mild winter. I wear Sketchers trail sneakers. I find them more comfortable than golf shoes. So spikeless is preferable.

On 4/20/2020 at 1:24 PM, Lacassem said:

Is Cali slowly opening up? Any updates on the state itself? I know it seems like beginning of May possibly everything will start to get back into a normal swing hopefully but just my guess

Yes. Riverside and Ventura counties are open for golf with certain restrictions. Ventura is walking only but ranges are open and restaurants are open for take out. Riverside is with carts but no range or restaurant yet (today is opening day) and you have to wear a face covering. 

On 4/20/2020 at 2:16 PM, Tpoole22 said:

I'll check them out. Do you know of any major golf stores that sell them? I'd like to try them on before I buy.

No I believe the are online only but they will make sure your shoes fit so i would check the site. TBH I havent looked into it much because i already have enough golf shoes. might look into them when i need to buy a new pair.

• Like 1

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball : :callaway-small: Chromesoft Truvis / Taylormade TP5 Pix

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 20

Always wore spiked but then just starting playing in my runners and way more comfortable on the feet, not tired at all plus never any blisters, had to use bandaides ahead of time to stop the blister on all of my spiked shoes, traditional and athletic type..

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

I have both. Up until last winter I only wore Spikes as I wind up tight and my back foot can move if not properly anchored. However last year I bought a pair of FJ SL Pro's as one of my playing partners had a pair and was shocked how well the gripped. They were on special for $99 so I thought why not, I can always wear them as casual shoes it they do not hold my feet in place.

I have to admit I was pleasantly surprise at the grip these shoes provide in the wet, they were as good or better as my FJ Helix DNA spiked shoes. It seems strange but I now wear these on wet days and the alternate between the do of fine days.

They are also the most comfortable gold shoe I have ever worn.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Epic Hybrid 18 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 48 and 54 Degree Wedges Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway Clubs

Callaway Big Bertha Putter - for when it is wet

La Jolla Putter with Flat Car Grip.

Preferred ball - Currently Costco Kirkland Performance 3 Piece but Seed 001 is preferred.

Posted (edited)

I have both.  Adidas 360 spiked have had two pair and they are the most comfortable spiked shoes I’ve ever worn. And I love the BOA.

I have spikeless also. Ecco BIOM Hybrid 2 and just recently got the Adidas Code Chaos.  My god the Code Chaos are amazingly comfortable for walking  around. More flexible and cushiony than spiked shoes. I have not tried them in wet conditions though. If it were a very hilly or wet track I would go spiked. 

if it’s a nice dry walk spike less. 

1AB4CD95-F0EA-4346-B3E7-4453CE8E6DDA.jpeg

Edited by T2Grn

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

Diablo 5 Wood Nuetral Stock shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 3 Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Weight set to fade

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-GW KBS C Taper Stiff 1/2 inch longer 

:callaway-small: Mac Daddy 4 54, 58

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

:srixon-small: Z-Star

I have both spikes(10 pair) and spikeless(4 pair). I used to wear metal spikes but courses outlawed them in the ‘90’s.......they gave me the best grip and support.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I have pairs of both, and I prefer spiked. I just feel like the grip is better in all situations. 

• Like 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

On dry days, I love to wear my Nike running shoes. They're extremely comfortable. I also don't notice any balance or slipping issues.

:ping-small: G410, 9°, Tensei Orange 70-S
:adams-small: Tight Lies, 16°, Bassara 55-S
:adams-small: Idea Tech Boxer a40S 4 hybrid, Tour AD 65-R
:callaway-small:  X-20 Tour 4I-PW, Project X 5.5
:mizuno-small: MP-T4 50°, True Temper
:cleveland-small: 588 56°, stock
:nike-small: SV 60°, stock
:scotty-small: Newport 2 Notchback, Flat Cat grip
vice.png.4b217c198888a58207ae8084550b589d.pngPro balls

The main reason that I switch from Spike to spikeless shoes was just due to a comfort factor. I personally find that spikeless shoes are more comfortable that also might have something to do with the fact that I wear size 14 shoes.