Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

New Favorite Irons

SPRUSYBOY

I've been playing my Callaway Rogues for almost two years now and still love them, but am definitely curious about upgrading in the future.  Has anyone tried out the new Mavrik irons or if not those, anyone have any new favorites around a similar pricepoint?

I had an iron fitting last month and I really liked the Mavriks from a sound and feel perspective. I currently play XR OS irons so they were an improvement but idk if you’d see much difference in them and the Rogues. I could have definitely been happy with a set of them, but I’m going with Mizuno hot metals. I’d definitely look into them at $125/club I don’t think there’s a better overall game improvement iron out there. Might even be able to get a set cheap this fall when they release the new JPX line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think basically any current release by the OEMs at this point will cost about the same (excluding PXG and such of course).

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I am playing the Mavrik irons this year , I had played the ping g700’s the previous two years but just was not getting any better, so I blamed the clubs..
Anyway I went to try the Mavrik Max, Sim Max and G710’s , the standard were not on the radar. After a pile of swings I was undecided and the fitter put me in the standard head and I ordered a set before I left the store.
I seen a 6 mph club head speed and an 8 mph ball speed and 22 yards total distance and avg 9 yards offline vs 21 offline going to the standard from the max.
They are worth the try.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

I don't know if these irons would be a bit too "players"-y, but I love the Srixon z785 irons. They're extremely solid, pretty, and are at a competitive price point. If you're looking for a more game improvement model, I'd suggest the Srixon z585, although I've never hit them myself.

:mizuno-small: ST 200 9.5°, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

:mizuno-small: ST 200 3w 15°, Diamana S+ 60 S

:srixon-small: Z H85 3h 19°, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 6.0

:taylormade-small: P770 (2017) 4-PW, KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:vokey-small: SM8 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M, KBS Tour S

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Fetch 34"

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• 2 weeks later...

I hit a lot of different clubs when buying my new irons last year.  Came down to Mizunos and Pings and ultimately went with Ping i210.  They've been great for me.

:ping-small:  G410+  9° Stiff
:cobra-small:  F9 3W
:ping-small:  i210 4-Pw Stiff
:ping-small:  3H
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52, 56, 60
:ping-small: Sigma
:srixon-small: Zstar

On 4/21/2020 at 5:32 AM, Kanoito said:

I think basically any current release by the OEMs at this point will cost about the same (excluding PXG and such of course).

0211's might be the best deal on the market though for someone wanting a Player Distance or GI iron.  Definitely worth looking at and comparing to the Mavrik/Sim/T200-300/G710, etc. for performance and price.

DRIVER: PXG Proto 0811 X - Graphite Design Tour AD GP7x +1/2"

3W: Taylormade SIM Rocket - Graphite Design Tour AD GP6s

HYBRID: PXG 0317X 17* - PX HC Hzrdus Black 6.5 (shelved)

IRONS: PXG Gen 3 0311T 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1" | PXG Gen 2 0311P 3-4 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

WEDGES: PXG Forged 54, PXG Sugar Daddy 58 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

PUTTER: Taylormade MySpider X - 36.00" 3* Loft 71* Lie

• 3 weeks later...