TESTERS WANTED! ×

Best Recipe: Chicken Breasts

PMookie

Alright, we’ve been cooking a ton at home since COVID started, and we’re running out of recipes. So, I figured, let’s start a thread!

Chicken breasts are a tough one as they don’t have much flavor by themselves, so help us out with a recipe that you like that uses chicken breasts. It doesn’t have to be exact, maybe just a way you like to prepare them, but share with us your “go-to”.

My kids thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Just tried this marinade the other day. 

• Lemon Juice
  • Olive Oil
  • Granulated Garlic
  • Granulated onion
  • Salt
  • Pepper

We used enough to rub them down and there was a little extra in the dish.  No exact amounts sorry.

I then grilled the chicken breast and we added it to a pasta dish.  It's also good on its own this way.  Pretty versatile marinade.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

This is a pretty simple recipe. Take some boneless skinless chicken breast, place in a sturdy ziplock bag and pound it out a little. Then sprinkle and rub in some (Chef Meritos) chicken seasoning, give it about an hour before adding your favorite Italian dressing (Wish-Bone Robusto) let it marinade for about 2 hours.
Throw it on the grill and enjoy with your choice of side dishes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Salt is your friend.

If it’s grilling, a nice dry rub to penetrate at least one hour so the osmosis process can correct itself.

Once it’s on the grill it’s lower heat and all wet seasonings to get some caramelization.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

The key is brining, either dry or wet. You can do it overnight, but I've brined for as little as an hour in the fridge with success.

After that, the way you cook and season it will matter a lot less. I like to cook it in a pan and make a pan sauce after, but if I'm lazy I'll just brown it on both sides and finish in the instant pot, and dip it in BBQ sauce with some veggies and rice as sides

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Just tried this marinade the other day. 
  • Lemon Juice
  • Olive Oil
  • Granulated Garlic
  • Granulated onion
  • Salt
  • Pepper
We used enough to rub them down and there was a little extra in the dish.  No exact amounts sorry.
I then grilled the chicken breast and we added it to a pasta dish.  It's also good on its own this way.  Pretty versatile marinade.  

Add some oregano and you have a “Mediterranean” marinade!

The key is brining, either dry or wet. You can do it overnight, but I've brined for as little as an hour in the fridge with success.
After that, the way you cook and season it will matter a lot less. I like to cook it in a pan and make a pan sauce after, but if I'm lazy I'll just brown it on both sides and finish in the instant pot, and dip it in BBQ sauce with some veggies and rice as sides

What’s your brining mixture?

52 minutes ago, yungkory said:

What's the beat way to brine it?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 hours ago, PMookie said:

What’s your brining mixture?

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

What's the beat way to brine it?

I personally prefer dry brine because it's less to do, but in a pinch, just add your chicken breasts to a ziploc bag and fill it with room temp water (if they're right out of the fridge) until it covers them. Then I literally just take a little bit less than a handful of salt and blast it in the water. Shake it up so it dissolves and in about 30 minutes you're good to go. If you're going to cook it in a pan or on the grill, I suggest leaving it out of the fridge for that 30 minutes. Use your best judgement and obviously take into consideration safe food handling practices, but throwing a cold chicken breast on the grill or pan is going to lead to poor results.

You can add water-soluble spices into the brine as well, but I feel like it doesn't personally do anything and barely have any experience with it. I just want it to be as juicy as possible, and that's what the salt is doing. I add the flavor to the pan sauce, or as I mentioned previously, just get your favorite dressing/dip. If you're grilling, after you brine you can pat it dry and use your favorite spice rub. Honestly, I bet @M. Parsons has a sick method. I follow this guy on IG and he's always smoking up something tasty.

The thing I enjoy about cooking is that it's a lot like experimenting with golf equipment, except it costs you like $10 per mistake instead of $500, LOL! There's no right or wrong way to do it, try something out, try 10 things out, and then use the method/flavor you like the most. In the end, you have to eat it so do whatever you and your family enjoy most. If you mess up throw it in the dumpster and go to Popeyes.

This is probably my favorite YouTube cooking channel right now:

Guy makes really good, slightly elevated but still simple, recipes. He doesn't brine the breasts in this particular example, but he's using fresher chicken than you and I are (me for sure I usually buy frozen to cut costs). He mentions using a dry brine if you want, but he skips it and just salts the crap out of it, haha.

For me, I always cook my chicken breasts in the oven at 450F for 20-25 minutes total depending on the size of the breasts. I've found cooking it at the higher temperature keeps it really juicy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

I personally prefer dry brine because it's less to do, but in a pinch, just add your chicken breasts to a ziploc bag and fill it with room temp water (if they're right out of the fridge) until it covers them. Then I literally just take a little bit less than a handful of salt and blast it in the water. Shake it up so it dissolves and in about 30 minutes you're good to go. If you're going to cook it in a pan or on the grill, I suggest leaving it out of the fridge for that 30 minutes. Use your best judgement and obviously take into consideration safe food handling practices, but throwing a cold chicken breast on the grill or pan is going to lead to poor results.
You can add water-soluble spices into the brine as well, but I feel like it doesn't personally do anything and barely have any experience with it. I just want it to be as juicy as possible, and that's what the salt is doing. I add the flavor to the pan sauce, or as I mentioned previously, just get your favorite dressing/dip. If you're grilling, after you brine you can pat it dry and use your favorite spice rub. Honestly, I bet [mention=70346]M. Parsons[/mention] has a sick method. I follow this guy on IG and he's always smoking up something tasty.
The thing I enjoy about cooking is that it's a lot like experimenting with golf equipment, except it costs you like $10 per mistake instead of $500, LOL! There's no right or wrong way to do it, try something out, try 10 things out, and then use the method/flavor you like the most. In the end, you have to eat it so do whatever you and your family enjoy most. If you mess up throw it in the dumpster and go to Popeyes.
This is probably my favorite YouTube cooking channel right now:

Guy makes really good, slightly elevated but still simple, recipes. He doesn't brine the breasts in this particular example, but he's using fresher chicken than you and I are (me for sure I usually buy frozen to cut costs). He mentions using a dry brine if you want, but he skips it and just salts the crap out of it, haha.

I can not wait to try this. I’ve never brined anything before and but would love to make some nice juicy chicken breast on the grill. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I can not wait to try this. I’ve never brined anything before and but would love to make some nice juicy chicken breast on the grill. Thanks for the info!

Post your thoughts! It's honestly so easy to do and completely transforms your chicken. I forgot to mention, use Kosher salt if you have it. Table salt is a lot... saltier ... but if you don't have any, just use a little less than you would with Kosher salt, or add some sugar to cut the salt.

Post your thoughts! It's honestly so easy to do and completely transforms your chicken. I forgot to mention, use Kosher salt if you have it. Table salt is a lot... saltier ... but if you don't have any, just use a little less than you would with Kosher salt.

I’ll try to give it a shot this week. I think we have some chicken to use.

I marinate in Italian dressing, sprinkle a rub (whatever I have) and then smoke for an our or so, increase temp to 350 and cook to temp. Poke each breast with a fork several times before you marinate overnight.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

9 hours ago, PMookie said:

Alright, we’ve been cooking a ton at home since COVID started, and we’re running out of recipes. So, I figured, let’s start a thread!

Chicken breasts are a tough one as they don’t have much flavor by themselves, so help us out with a recipe that you like that uses chicken breasts. It doesn’t have to be exact, maybe just a way you like to prepare them, but share with us your “go-to”.

My kids thank you!!!

My go to is plain old italian dressing. Marinade for a day. Any dressing will do  but I prefer ones that have some sort of stuff in them, onions, garlic whatever (kraft zesty is a very good one I think). Can grill or bake it, I prefer grill because....its a grill. Depending on what kind of chicken cut it is depends on time. I always base on feel, chicken breast is probably 15 minutes or so total and use the gauge below.....Works miracles unless you're the type that likes burnt stuff like my wife 🤣 kills my dad every time she asks for a burnt stea

image.png.d0502ebe712bb063cf38e246db62cebf.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I marinate in Italian dressing, sprinkle a rub (whatever I have) and then smoke for an our or so, increase temp to 350 and cook to temp. Poke each breast with a fork several times before you marinate overnight.

I poke mine as well, and hope I cook them at the right timing so I don’t lose all of the juiciness.

My go to is plain old italian dressing. Marinade for a day. Any dressing will do  but I prefer ones that have some sort of stuff in them, onions, garlic whatever (kraft zesty is a very good one I think). Can grill or bake it, I prefer grill because....its a grill. Depending on what kind of chicken cut it is depends on time. I always base on feel, chicken breast is probably 15 minutes or so total and use the gauge below.....Works miracles unless you're the type that likes burnt stuff like my wife  kills my dad every time she asks for a burnt stea
image.png.d0502ebe712bb063cf38e246db62cebf.png

I use this method for beef, but had a harder time getting it right with chicken and pork

Ah I remember the one I wanted to share now. It’s called Melt In Your Mouth Chicken:

1 lb of chicken, boneless, diced
3/4 cup of Mayo or Greek yogurt
1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 Teaspoon black ground pepper
4 minced garlic cloves
1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flake (optional)
1/2 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs

Greese 9x13 baking pan and place diced chicken on bottom. Mix mayo, Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, pepper, garlic, and red pepper flake in bowl. Spread mixture evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over mixture. Cook @ 375 for 30-35 minutes.

We have had this over rice and pasta and both are delicious.

Let me know if you try it and like it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chicken...

I prefer fairly bland chicken.

Olive oil, rosemary, chopped leeks/green onions, a decent bit of salt and pepper. Don’t forget the crushed red pepper. Has to be grilled.

Works well on salads, sandwiches or pasta salad.

Speaking of pasta salad... we need a pasta salad thread.

Chicken...

I prefer fairly bland chicken.

Olive oil, rosemary, chopped leeks/green onions, a decent bit of salt and pepper. Don’t forget the crushed red pepper. Has to be grilled.

Works well on salads, sandwiches or pasta salad.

Speaking of pasta salad... we need a pasta salad thread.

We should do a potato salad thread too.

Potato salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, and pasta salad are all my favorite salads because well... they’re not a salad! Haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

I use this method for beef, but had a harder time getting it right with chicken and pork

Level up your game!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GRFHTQA/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_PaLNEbT4ZB9E1

If you have a smoker, or even for the oven, I'd recommend this one
https://www.amazon.com/ThermoPro-Wireless-Digital-Thermometer-Grilling/dp/B014DAVCP4/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=remote+meat+thermometer+for+smoker&qid=1587441862&sprefix=remote+meat&sr=8-5
My wife got me one for Christmas two years ago and I love it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I like them in the oven for a crispy skin. I brine them with tons of garlic, soy sauce and a little sugar and tons of chili. Just mash it all together in a ziplock and into the fridge for a day. Let the excess brine drip off and use a rack in the oven so the breasts are not soaked in their own fat -> drier and crispier.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Not your typical chicken breast recipe but a household favorite in my family.  You will need at least a 7-quart crockpot for this recipe or cut all ingredients in half like my mother does.  Place a pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast in a crockpot completely covered with water.  Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours until chicken is completely cooked.  Drain and shred the chicken.  Clean your crockpot.

In your cleaned crockpot, add the following ingredients......

• 1 - 64 ounce container of V8
  • 1 can of pinto beans (drained)
  • 1 can of light red kidney beans (drained)
  • 1 can of black beans (drained)
  • 1 can of corn (drained)
  • 3 cans of Rotel (Can substitute diced tomatoes to reduce spiciness)
  • 1 packet of hidden valley ranch powder
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning powder
  • Add shredded chicken from step one

Stir ingredients until blended very well.  Cook in crockpot on low for 8 hours.  Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese to taste.  

My kids named it "Southwest Soup" many years ago.  They are teenagers now and still ask for it at least once a month and have since they were very small.

6 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I like them in the oven for a crispy skin. I brine them with tons of garlic, soy sauce and a little sugar and tons of chili. Just mash it all together in a ziplock and into the fridge for a day. Let the excess brine drip off and use a rack in the oven so the breasts are not soaked in their own fat -> drier and crispier.

That sounds really good.  What do you usually serve with it?

My wife uses a crockpot to cook chicken breasts and bone-in pork chops.  In the case of the chicken, she adds nothing but a little salt and pepper, and drains off most of the juice close about an hour before finish.  That lets it get a nice roasted flavor/texture.  Crockpots are the bees knees; they cook so evenly, keep things moist/tender, and make even the not so great cuts of meat come out great.

One recipe she does is to add a Picanate or Green Enchilada sauce and pinto & black beans after the juice drain.  Serve the breasts over rice or noodles, or shred the breasts for burritos - served "wet style" of course - rolled, covered in warmed green sauce, lettuce, grated sharp cheddar, and dabs of sour cream.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

My wife uses a crockpot to cook chicken breasts and bone-in pork chops.  In the case of the chicken, she adds nothing but a little salt and pepper, and drains off most of the juice close about an hour before finish.  That lets it get a nice roasted flavor/texture.  Crockpots are the bees knees; they cook so evenly, keep things moist/tender, and make even the not so great cuts of meat come out great.

One recipe she does is to add a Picanate or Green Enchilada sauce and pinto & black beans after the juice drain.  Serve the breasts over rice or noodles, or shred the breasts for burritos - served "wet style" of course - rolled, covered in warmed green sauce, lettuce, grated sharp cheddar, and dabs of sour cream.

that sounds delicious too.  I think I need to unfollow this thread.