TESTERS WANTED! ×

Best Recipe: Chicken Breasts

PMookie

Step 1 - Throw Out Chicken Breasts
Step 2-  Cook Chicken Thighs

Yeah, my kids won’t eat the thighs. Better for taste, for sure, but they’ve been conditioned by “chicken tenders”.... Thus, the need for recipes! I prefer chicken thighs as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

In a bowl mix 2 cups water, 2 cups instant rice, 1 can each of cream of chicken, cream of mushroom and cream of celery.

Cube the chicken breasts in to bite size chunks and spread them out in a 9x13 pan (I spray some cooking spray in there first).  Then salt and pepper the chicken chunks.  Pour the rice/soup mixture over the chicken and spread it out.  Then I thinly slice some margarine or butter spread around the top.  Maybe 9-12 thin slices, works out to about 2 tablespoons.  Throw it in the over at 400 degrees for 1hr - 1hr 15min and done.

If you want the full recipe just google mam maw rice chicken casserole.  It's delicious.

My other 'go to' chicken meals are chicken parm, chicken alfredo, white chicken chili and another casserole that uses corn, cheese, cream of soups and stove top.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

That sounds really good.  What do you usually serve with it?

Depends what the kids want. If they feel Asian, then it will be served with some rice and steamed vegetables. If they feel German, they will ask for potatoes and some salad. If they want something quick, they'll throw it in a big flour tortilla, add cheese and salad 😄

You can also throw it in the air fryer, it's much faster, but the portions are smaller.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

8 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Yeah, my kids won’t eat the thighs. Better for taste, for sure, but they’ve been conditioned by “chicken tenders”.... Thus, the need for recipes! I prefer chicken thighs as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My wife is just like that. She prefers the drier meat of the breasts instead of the juiciness of the thighs.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

2 lbs chicken breast

1 bell pepper

1/2 pack sliced baby Bella mushrooms

Queso

Fiesta cheese

Can of green enchilada sauce

Large flour tortillas

Instant Spanish or Mexican rice

Whatever rub you like 

Put rub on chicken, then cook in smoker until internal temperature reaches 165. Usually 2-3 hours.

Sautee vegetables in pan using olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.

Once the chicken is finished, either shred or chop. 

Place chicken, veggies,  rice, and Fiesta cheese in tortilla and roll up.

Place rolled tortillas in baking pan, cover with queso and green enchilada sauce. 

Bake at 350 for around 45 minutes. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

2 lbs chicken breast

1 bell pepper

1/2 pack sliced baby Bella mushrooms

Queso

Fiesta cheese

Can of green enchilada sauce

Large flour tortillas

Instant Spanish or Mexican rice

Whatever rub you like 

Put rub on chicken, then cook in smoker until internal temperature reaches 165. Usually 2-3 hours.

Sautee vegetables in pan using olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.

Once the chicken is finished, either shred or chop. 

Place chicken, veggies,  rice, and Fiesta cheese in tortilla and roll up.

Place rolled tortillas in baking pan, cover with queso and green enchilada sauce. 

Bake at 350 for around 45 minutes. 

Another good one!  I'll just skip the mushrooms. any tips for getting started with a smoker?  I've never done that before.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Grilled Chicken Caprese 

Pound the chicken breasts thin

marinate in italian dressing and balsamic vinegar for 3 hours

grill chicken

slice fresh mozzarella  cheese then and place over chicken

slice tomatoes thin an place two  slices on top of cheese

drizzle balsamic glaze over chicken

sprinkle fresh cut basil on top.

enjoy

8 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Another good one!  I'll just skip the mushrooms. any tips for getting started with a smoker?  I've never done that before.

Just make sure you soak the wood chips in hot water for about an hour before placing them in the smoker. I forgot to mention I use mostly pecan or maple. 

I have an electric smoker and its super easy to use. Plug it in to let the element heat up, place the chips where they go, and fill the water pan. Let it heat up, and you're good to go. 

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Just make sure you soak the wood chips in hot water for about an hour before placing them in the smoker. I forgot to mention I use mostly pecan or maple. 

I have an electric smoker and its super easy to use. Plug it in to let the element heat up, place the chips where they go, and fill the water pan. Let it heat up, and you're good to go. 

Looks like I'm going to have to a little Prime shopping today. This quarantine thing is getting expensive... 🤣

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I make chicken breast and rice pretty often.  Its my go-to meal.  I usually just pan fry my chicken with a little olive oil, salt and either a lemon pepper dry rub or a Japanese seven spice rub.  I have one of those Lodge cast iron frying pans with the grates on it that leave grill marks on the meat.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

• 2 weeks later...

Not chicken breasts... the whole chicken!!

Beer can chicken on the BBQ.  I used a free range organic chicken.  
Rub the chicken with olive oil and your favorite spices rub.
Place chicken on a can of beer.  I just purchased the Beer Can Chicken holder from Cave Tools,  

https://cavetools.com/products/beer-can-chicken-roasting-rack-vegetable-spikes

so giving it a try.  Eliminates chicken/beer can tip overs, and also eliminates the beer can.  The container can hold beer, wine, orange juice, whatever so you can combine with different spices to give different flavors.
Put it on my Grilla BBQ/smoker at 275º with mesquite BBQ pellets for 2.5 hours or until internal temp is 165º.  

IMG_4933.jpeg.17f0d459b1ffb5a834ce4ddd693fe31c.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Not chicken breasts... the whole chicken!!

Beer can chicken on the BBQ.  I used a free range organic chicken.  
Rub the chicken with olive oil and your favorite spices rub.
Place chicken on a can of beer.  I just purchased the Beer Can Chicken holder from Cave Tools,  

https://cavetools.com/products/beer-can-chicken-roasting-rack-vegetable-spikes

so giving it a try.  Eliminates chicken/beer can tip overs, and also eliminates the beer can.  The container can hold beer, wine, orange juice, whatever so you can combine with different spices to give different flavors.
Put it on my Grilla BBQ/smoker at 275º with mesquite BBQ pellets for 2.5 hours or until internal temp is 165º.  

IMG_4933.jpeg.17f0d459b1ffb5a834ce4ddd693fe31c.jpeg

I need to do that! The ex left that behind in the divorce. That is some good eating there.

What are your guys’ best fried chicken methods? I never had a set method until I watched Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown Nashville episode. They dug into fried and hot chicken and one of the best takeaways was to fry in a cast iron and to not completely submerge. The steam released during cooking helps with the crust adherence.

I also like a buttermilk soak for at least 10 hours. I do a dry rub of garlic powder, salt and cayenne and then soak in the milk. The dry rub helps with adherence of flavor and penetrates better.

When it’s ready, I dip into flour just once and then into the bath. It works for me and I’d love to hear what works for you guys.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

45 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I need to do that! The ex left that behind in the divorce. That is some good eating there.

Yes, it was!!  Very tasty.  What I like about this method is that you can substitute the beer for lots of liquids to give a different outcome.  My next one is going to be an asian flavored prep and maybe use Sake in place of the beer.  I will change out the mesquite pellets for maybe apple.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

41 minutes ago, bens197 said:

What are your guys’ best fried chicken methods? I never had a set method until I watched Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown Nashville episode. They dug into fried and hot chicken and one of the best takeaways was to fry in a cast iron and to not completely submerge. The steam released during cooking helps with the crust adherence.

I also like a buttermilk soak for at least 10 hours. I do a dry rub of garlic powder, salt and cayenne and then soak in the milk. The dry rub helps with adherence of flavor and penetrates better.

When it’s ready, I dip into flour just once and then into the bath. It works for me and I’d love to hear what works for you guys.

I do a seasoned dredge with cayenne and garlic with some paprika in the flower. Buttermilk or egg wash is my preferred and I tend to fry quail not chicken.

I do a seasoned dredge with cayenne and garlic with some paprika in the flower. Buttermilk or egg wash is my preferred and I tend to fry quail not chicken.

Fried quail sounds good. It’s a lower fat content than chicken and higher protein source so...healthy fried bird? Can we go with that?
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

38 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Fried quail sounds good. It’s a lower fat content than chicken and higher protein source so...healthy fried bird? Can we go with that?

It is very lean and what I eat is farm raised used for dog training so it tastes similar to a chicken. It is smaller than a chicken tender that you get from the store and the farms I know do not use any steroids so it in my mind is very healthy. I think it is delicious fried.

• 2 weeks later...
Ah I remember the one I wanted to share now. It’s called Melt In Your Mouth Chicken:

1 lb of chicken, boneless, diced
3/4 cup of Mayo or Greek yogurt
1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 Teaspoon black ground pepper
4 minced garlic cloves
1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flake (optional)
1/2 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs

Greese 9x13 baking pan and place diced chicken on bottom. Mix mayo, Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, pepper, garlic, and red pepper flake in bowl. Spread mixture evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over mixture. Cook @ 375 for 30-35 minutes.

We have had this over rice and pasta and both are delicious.

Let me know if you try it and like it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife made this tonight. We had it over brown rice with broccoli.
Red wine because we don’t drink white. IMG_9666.jpg

Get sweet baby rays golden mustard bbq, pour half bottle in ziploc, put chicken breasts in overnight. Put on grill, sear both sides 10 seconds baste with the sauce and sprinkle some cayenne pepper powder and let cook

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Chicken Katsu is one of my kids favorite chicken breast dish, along with stirfry Kung Pao style.

There are many recipe online for Chicken Katsu, with the breast, we like to slice it to about 1/3" thick for quick and even cooking.  Can't beat it with some salad and steam rice in a Summer day.  Great to make sandwiches with the leftover,   We use no other seasoning but just salt and pepper, wife likes to fry it in olive oil instead of my favorite media, peanut oil.

Edited by release

• 3 weeks later...

Italian dressing (kens my favorite) with a teaspoon of garlic, salt and pepper. 

5A6DC350-B0E3-4247-A79B-54F710194F58.jpeg

B5BD3AD9-BD00-42E6-A7AB-692EC6C604D6.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

• 7 months later...

I just love chicken breasts. Here I am sharing my fav. recipe .This is the easiest and the best chicken breasts recipe i ever have. boli chicken first than add some mernation on it , I also like chicken with rich umami flavor seasoning. read more about what does umami mean and taste like

This thread makes me want to grill......

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

25 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

This thread makes me want to grill......

My wife bought an air fryer a couple weeks ago and it’s been a fantastic alternative to grilling. 

I can’t believe how well it cooks chicken breasts. A little dry rub and then covered in a wet marinade and holy cow. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

6 minutes ago, bens197 said:

My wife bought an air fryer a couple weeks ago and it’s been a fantastic alternative to grilling. 

I can’t believe how well it cooks chicken breasts. A little dry rub and then covered in a wet marinade and holy cow

Holy Poultry!

I've been thinking about getting an air fryer, but my wife said No More Gadgets... I love gadgets!

Air fryer is worth the money. All purpose cooker, reheated, super fast frozen to hot..... @Kenny Bwork the convincing magic it’s worth it

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

10 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Holy Poultry!

I've been thinking about getting an air fryer, but my wife said No More Gadgets... I love gadgets!

5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Air fryer is worth the money. All purpose cooker, reheated, super fast frozen to hot..... @Kenny Bwork the convincing magic it’s worth it

Kenny...I hate hate hate single purpose kitchen tools (avocado peelers, egg cookers blah blah you get the point).  

Trust us....

This is the absolute best kitchen tool I own. Get one and then cook her anything. You’ll change her mind in minutes. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

15 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

8 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Kenny...I hate hate hate single purpose kitchen tools (avocado peelers, egg cookers blah blah you get the point).  

Trust us....

This is the absolute best kitchen tool I own. Get one and then cook her anything. You’ll change her mind in minutes. 

So, I can just get one and THEN show her these posts?  MGS told me to do it.  🤣  I like it!

27 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

So, I can just get one and THEN show her these posts?  MGS told me to do it.  🤣  I like it!

Isn't that how we buy golf clubs? 🤣

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

56 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I’ll take the heat lol I get in enough trouble here what’s 1 more 😂

Check out my reviews:

WITB: