Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Best Recipe: Burgers!!!

PMookie

Burgers are a staple of summer grilling season, and I’ve seen them prepared a LOT of different ways, from just salt and pepper, to “House Burgers” that Eddie Murphy described in his stand-up: green peppers, onions, etc, placed on Wonder Bread .

So, share with us your best burger, seasonings, how you cook it, which bun type, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I’ve learned over the years that the best burgers I get at restaurants mostly have just salt and pepper. 80/20 mix is the mix I prefer for juiciness. I found this Weber brand seasoning and tried it on burgers. It’s the key!!! Here are the items I use to season mine:

IMG_1325.thumb.JPG.734ef8b48009a36a1949bbac3d429084.JPG

Start with a quality ground beef add salt, pepper, dab of Worcestershire, bake until warm (look up beef table for done-ness, subtract say 25 degrees). Then over direct heat on a charcoal grill with a few wood  chips thrown in until done. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Ground beef, salt, pepper, a little olive oil
Form patties
Sous Vide to medium-rare
Sear on cast iron butter
Simply the best 

I’ve heard of sous vide, but never seen it, nor tasted anything cooked that way, at least that I know of. Friends who use it say it’s awesome.

Start with a quality ground beef add salt, pepper, dab of Worcestershire, bake until warm (look up beef table for done-ness, subtract say 25 degrees). Then over direct heat on a charcoal grill with a few wood  chips thrown in until done. 

The beef used is so key!!! I need to get some wood chips for my grill! A friend used to buy pecan shell pieces and use those occasionally.

23 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I’ve heard of sous vide, but never seen it, nor tasted anything cooked that way, at least that I know of. Friends who use it say it’s awesome.

It's absolutely incredible.  I have done just about every type of meat in sous vide and it's hard to have it any other way afterwards. 

The entire inside is cooked to an exact temp while the outside is perfectly seared.

Here is the filet I did for Christmas

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191225172418995_COVER.thumb.jpg.02777543d0da5fafc7fff7400a29f2d4.jpg

Here's a "healthier" option for your burgers that I promise is delicious:

• One pound of ground turkey
  • Raw Spinach (as much as you want)
  • Feta Cheese (as much as you want)
  • Sundried tomatoes (as much as you want)
  • 1 cap full of Rustic Herb Seasoning from Tastefully Simple.

If anyone needs some stuff my wife will be happy to place your order for the seasoning. 🤣

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I would eat all of these. Personal preference? A 1/2 lb 80/20 with salt and pepper on a screaming hot Weber charcoal grill. Put it on a soft kaiser roll with lettuce, tomato, dill pickle, ketchup and mustard.  

Most importantly...leave it the heck alone and don’t flip it twenty times. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I would eat all of these. Personal preference? A 1/2 lb 80/20 with salt and pepper on a screaming hot Weber charcoal grill. Put it on a soft kaiser roll with lettuce, tomato, dill pickle, ketchup and mustard.  
Most importantly...leave it the heck alone and don’t flip it twenty times. 

So key!!! I learned this working as a sales rep in the restaurant industry years ago. One flip and that’s it! Every time meat is flipped, the juices run out because as the meat is heating, the juice rises to the top, thus, when it’s flipped again, they pour right out.
Next worst is watching people “press” down on the burgers on the flat top, or the grill! Ugh. Kills me! Why in the world do they squeeze out the juice?!

Here's a "healthier" option for your burgers that I promise is delicious:
  • One pound of ground turkey
  • Raw Spinach (as much as you want)
  • Feta Cheese (as much as you want)
  • Sundried tomatoes (as much as you want)
  • 1 cap full of Rustic Herb Seasoning from Tastefully Simple.
If anyone needs some stuff my wife will be happy to place your order for the seasoning. 

I LOVE turkey burgers! Do this way with some good tzatziki sauce!!! Yum!

I like ground chuck or brisket.

Seasoned with:
4 parts salt,
2 parts each black pepper, chili powder, and garlic,
1 part onion powder.

Grilled over wood or coals.

I’ve never tried sous vide for burgers. Might have to give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM M1 9.5*

4W: Wishon bent FLAT

Irons: Mizuno MP20MB

Wedges: 50/55/60 Mizuno

Putter: Evnroll ER2

5 minutes ago, PMookie said:

So key!!! I learned this working as a sales rep in the restaurant industry years ago. One flip and that’s it! Every time meat is flipped, the juices run out because as the meat is heating, the juice rises to the top, thus, when it’s flipped again, they pour right out.
Next worst is watching people “press” down on the burgers on the flat top, or the grill! Ugh. Kills me! Why in the world do they squeeze out the juice?!

This needs to be known by more people.  Anytime I cook anything on the grill... It goes on, gets a quarter turn half way through cooking that side, and flipped once. 

I'm a sucker for good char marks, even if they get covered in cheese! 

IMG_5515.thumb.jpg.a6230a5ae701abfef28affba49903bd4.jpg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

My Birthday Eve Dinner: the Biscuit Burger! Fresh ground brisket, with bacon, muenster and American, spinach leaves, on a big ol’ cathead biscuit!!

IMG_3510.thumb.jpg.5f7a9efabb473c3a1c27dfb0d80ff4c9.jpg

My Birthday Eve Dinner: the Biscuit Burger! Fresh ground brisket, with bacon, muenster and American, spinach leaves, on a big box ol’ cathead biscuit!!

IMG_3510.thumb.jpg.5f7a9efabb473c3a1c27dfb0d80ff4c9.jpg

Wow. That looks like a filling meal.

• 1 month later...

I put a few brisket burgers in the sous vide for an hour and then seared them in a pan. Gotta say the texture was near perfect. I like the flavor of a grill better, but the texture was great.

As this was my first go round with a burger I used the default temperature on my sous vide which is 133 ... came out medium well once seared so next time I’ll try 128 and it should come out closer to medium rare, which is what I prefer.

Fresh ginger, soy, pineapple juice (all eyeballed to taste preferences) mixed in to ground beef, grill and place a piece of pineapple and pepperjack cheese on the burger when done

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

surprised not to see a egg and breadcrumb mix. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Ground burger and I add mix bacon pieces from Costco, onion, and whatever rib rub I have at the time. Smoke for an hour then 350 to temp. Prefer on my pellet grill over gas as there is less shrinkage (no George Costanza references).

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

That's a meatloaf.  

This is true. But I’ll take a fried egg and bacon on my burger please.

On 4/20/2020 at 12:46 PM, PMookie said:

I’m in the flat top single flip camp, but a heavy cast iron press keeps the patty from plumping without sacrificing much juice. Greasy flat top dive burger is my preferred style and the key is keeping the patty flat (aka bun sized) with my preheated 3 lb Bayou Classic press.

Another somewhat controversial subject, I think cheese detracts from the charred component of a proper burger flavor profile. My ideal order: 80/20 chuck with salt & pepper, ice cold lettuce, tomato, dill pickle, finely chopped sweet onion, mustard and mayo.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

I'll be doing deer burgers tomorrow cooked like a slider in a cast iron skillet smashed and crispy served on a Hawaiian roll cut to be used as a slider bun. Lettuce and onion with a burger sauce on the bun. My burger sauce is mayo, ketchup, dried diced onion, garlic powder, sriracha, sweet thai sauce, and some diced pickle.

I'm a simple man --- 80/20 beef, McCormick seasoning sprinkled liberally on each side, a dash of worstchestshire on one side, grilled to perfect medium rare on a charcoal grill.  Served on a lightly toasted bun.  Add condiments to taste.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I spent an entire summer perfecting my recipe and it turned out to be super simple. Forget all that crap about eggs and crackers or bread crumbs. The best burger is just meat! form you patties cold so you don't melt all that lovely fat onto your hands. Use good quality meat and I never use above medium, lean and super lean don't have enought fat to keep them juicy. Once patties are formed slap them on a hot grill, dash of salt and pepper on both sides, cook to your desired wellness and enjoy on fresh brioche bun with whatever toppings you love.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

Occasionally I enjoy a good lamb-burger.  I like to saute some garlic and fresh rosemary ahead of time.  I'll let that cool, then mix it with the ground lamb, along with some crumbled feta cheese.  Grilled or fried in cast iron, and top with more thin-sliced feta, on the roll of your choice.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

On 4/20/2020 at 11:03 AM, Shankster said:

Half Bison, half beef... salt, pepper, olive oil, finely chopped leeks, and some ******** sauce.

Topped with bacon, tomato, lettuce, and BBQ.

Man... now I’m hungry.

Bison is the key here .. got to bring some fatty meat with the beef ! 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag