Best Recipe: Burgers!!!

Our Sponsors

13 minutes ago, SnakeDoc said:

Those two sound like great, all around burgers.

they are man try them out ! ..

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:cobra-small: F8 Single Length Irons 5-GW OBAN CT-100 shafts 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Birthday Eve Dinner: the Biscuit Burger! Fresh ground brisket, with bacon, muenster and American, spinach leaves, on a big ol’ cathead biscuit!!     Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ground beef, salt, pepper, a little olive oil Form patties Sous Vide to medium-rare Sear on cast iron butter Simply the best 

Half Bison, half beef... salt, pepper, olive oil, finely chopped leeks, and some ******** sauce. Topped with bacon, tomato, lettuce, and BBQ. Man... now I’m hungry.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, SnakeDoc said:

I also keep a mix of butter and olive oil by the grill, so I can baste the upper side of the burger before flipping it, and baste the cooked side too

Stealing this for next time I make burgers 

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:cobra-small: F8 Single Length Irons 5-GW OBAN CT-100 shafts 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

40 minutes ago, SnakeDoc said:

we all have that friend who flips the burger a lot and press it down with the spatula after

giphy.gif

Painfully true 

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

3 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

Stealing this for next time I make burgers 

Usually the heat from the grill melts the butter, I also have different ones I use with seasoning for other meats and veggies, such as fajita seasoning for my fajitas, Garlic and sea salt for seafood, garlic for corn.

Edited by SnakeDoc
  • Like 1

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

15 hours ago, SnakeDoc said:

Well that is blasphemy, the only eggs that go on burgers are fried eggs in top of the pattie. 

Hell's yeah breakfast burgers with left overs are the best 

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

So I bought a chuck roast and did a double coarse grind through my Lem, made some seasoned 8 oz. patties and put them in the sous vide at 127 for 1 1/2 hours. Seared them on my PK grill 2 minutes, flipped and seared again, flipped and topped with cheese (muenster and American), then grilled for about 30 seconds more til the cheese was melted, removed and let rest a few minutes, then bunned ‘em with some pickles and homemade burger sauce, and fries on the side. Perfection.

The wife and daughter ate them up, too. Wife couldn’t finish a half pounder so I helped with that, but the 6 year old had no problem with the quarter pounder I made her (just grilled, as it was too skinny for a sous vide I think).

Got ahead of myself and forgot to take a pretty picture for you, but at least in the halfway after pic you can see the beautiful color on the inside. Pink but not bloody, just right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adjustments.jpg
  • Like 1
Ground beef, salt, pepper, a little olive oil
Form patties
Sous Vide to medium-rare
Sear on cast iron butter
Simply the best 
I've never thought to sous vide a burger.. is there a noticeable difference? I might just give this a whirl next time

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 1

:cobra-small:  F8+ 9*/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:adams-small:  Tight Lies2  3 wood (14*) / UST ProForce V2 Black (S)

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Lamkin Sink Fit 

I've never thought to sous vide a burger.. is there a noticeable difference? I might just give this a whirl next time

YES!!! If you want a perfect burger, try it. 127 for an hour or two, then sear it and let it rest a few minutes for the internal temp and juices to equalize. No more overcooked or undercooked burgers.

I think the sous vide shows it’s benefits most with a thicker burger.

• Like 2
On 6/21/2020 at 10:35 AM, azstu324 said:

I've never thought to sous vide a burger.. is there a noticeable difference? I might just give this a whirl next timeemoji846.png

5 minutes ago, bluesmandan76 said:

YES!!! If you want a perfect burger, try it. 127 for an hour or two, then sear it and let it rest a few minutes for the internal temp and juices to equalize. No more overcooked or undercooked burgers.

The cafeteria at my office does their burgers sous vide and they are delicious.  Just as bluesmandan said, finish with a sear on each side and you get perfectly cooked burgers even when they're thicker.

• Like 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

1 hour ago, bluesmandan76 said:

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

The cafeteria at my office does their burgers sous vide and they are delicious.  Just as bluesmandan said, finish with a sear on each side and you get perfectly cooked burgers even when they're thicker.

That makes total sense! Thicker burgers are always great but they must be done perfectly medium IMO with a charred outside. It's nearly impossible to get the center done correctly just on the grill. Either it turns out too pink or ends up getting obliterated. 

The next burgers will be done in the Sous Vide! 

Thx!

• Like 1

:cobra-small:  F8+ 9*/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:adams-small:  Tight Lies2  3 wood (14*) / UST ProForce V2 Black (S)

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Lamkin Sink Fit 

I take back what I said about sous vide not doing much for thinner burgers!!!!

I went to the farmers market today and they had some beautiful lettuce and tomatoes, so I bought them and made burgers again tonight.

I made 2 quarter pounders and one half pounder (right out of the freezer) and sous vided them at 127 for an hour and a half. Then put some butter in a cast iron pan and brought it up to the smoke point (just above medium on my stove).

I seared the quarter pounders for one minute per side, then 30 seconds covered to melt the cheese. For the big burger same deal but two minutes per side. Perfect.

I prefer the flavor of a grilled burger though...

IMG_3623.jpgIMG_3624.jpg
  • Like 1
I take back what I said about sous vide not doing much for thinner burgers!!!!

I went to the farmers market today and they had some beautiful lettuce and tomatoes, so I bought them and made burgers again tonight.

I made 2 quarter pounders and one half pounder (right out of the freezer) and sous vided them at 127 for an hour and a half. Then put some butter in a cast iron pan and brought it up to the smoke point (just above medium on my stove).

I seared the quarter pounders for one minute per side, then 30 seconds covered to melt the cheese. For the big burger same deal but two minutes per side. Perfect.

I prefer the flavor of a grilled burger though...

IMG_3623.thumb.jpg.7bda95cab989ad83d04d7cf2d93bb500.jpgIMG_3624.thumb.jpg.dd21eda75fe6a439dfa5a3ea5fd6b547.jpg

Those look delicious. What’s your sous vide setup? I’ve been interested to get into it.

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

Those look delicious. What’s your sous vide setup? I’ve been interested to get into it.

I bought an Instant Pot branded one off Amazon. I use it with a tote or little cooler or tonight I just plugged the kitchen sink drain, filled it with hot water and did it in that. You need some decent ziploc style bags (not the zipper kind but the old kind). You put the meat in, zip it halfway, then submerge it in water as you zip up the last bit... that makes a vacuum seal. Use clothespins and a stick to clip the ends to it and keep them from going under water just in case the zip seal isn’t 100%.

If you have a thermometer you can do it in a pot on the stove; you just have to tend it a bit. That’s a good way to try out the technique for proof of concept before you spend $100 on the gadget that makes it easy.

• Like 1