Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Golf fitness during this strange time in history...

21 hours ago, dlow206 said:

My problem is that I am not on the slow twitch side either. Could never come close to running a marathon with training. I'm somewhere in the middle.

That probably makes you more normal than anything else 🙂  (and that's not a bad thing).

-elvis14, Hacker, Engineer, Dad, CG Camper, Co-Founder of From Your Neighbor

I started doing the insanity workout videos for the past 6 weeks. They have really kicked my butt and increased flexibility. Feeling really good! For the part 17 years I’ve been stuck in the routine of going to the gym and throwing weights around only caring about strength. This change has been a eye opener but I’m now going to check out golf wods 

I just did the first day of one of the beginner Golf WOD programs. Wow, that was hard, and I consider myself to be in decent shape. Not sure how someone who is a "beginner" to fitness routine could finish the workout.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I just did the first day of one of the beginner Golf WOD programs. Wow, that was hard, and I consider myself to be in decent shape. Not sure how someone who is a "beginner" to fitness routine could finish the workout.

Before the COVID breakout I was training for a powerlifting meet. The goal was 600 deadlift, squat 495 and bench 360. I have/had zero cardio. And These workouts burn me. that kinda the point plus its only 3 days a week. Another nice thing is if its to much you can always drop the weights down or lower your intensity. and I 'va had days were I just have no tank to finish the 3rd WOD. But I can say this. It will help ur game and ur overall health and fitness.

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

Putting the hybrid at home workout stuff to the side for now and going back to supporting a local strongman coach who put out phase 2 of his Coronavirus at home workout. This one has bodyweight or barbell options so throws who have some basic equipment can train with the barbell or if not then follow the boardy weight training.

Hes designed it to be a transition back into gymlife with the hopes we will all be in the gym before the 9 weeks of the program finishes.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I'm coming off shoulder surgery, so my therapist has me doing lots of planks (especially side planks for golf). My TP also recommended some basic stretch band work to keep up on range of motion. 

ping.png.7c5862342023c35b77c4616604806e90.png - Driver: 425LST w / KBS TD60 X-Stiff

callaway-golf-logo-4603BD0EB6-seeklogo_com.png.95cd038f8e27b84c978a567dbe7027d3.png- 3-Wood: Callaway Rogue

Screenshot2024-03-24at9_19_26PM.png.0e838ce6cbc9de2df6485dcfda986883.png - Mkii ZX5 irons - 5-pw True Temper Dynamic Golf Tour Issue

596048109_ScreenShot2021-02-28at3_28_30PM.png.6dfa8b67ed327055667700b4ef19afd1.png - Hybrid - 939X: with Proforce V2 Stiff

1884238425_Titleistlogo.png.90c97c2fbcb19171e8ef7dc60bee0fc4.png - SM7 50* & 56*

Screenshot2024-03-24at9_26_28PM.png.6ca0d107c42a18066bd1852fc547613b.png - ER10 Mallet

vicegolf_logo.png.26dae2f1802c046450d6ce62d44baf39.png - Pro Plus

16 hours ago, Jchris05 said:

I started doing the insanity workout videos for the past 6 weeks. They have really kicked my butt and increased flexibility. Feeling really good! For the part 17 years I’ve been stuck in the routine of going to the gym and throwing weights around only caring about strength. This change has been a eye opener but I’m now going to check out golf wods 

If you've completed 6 weeks of Insanity, you're doing great! I've done Insanity a couple of times. Just completed Insanity Max: 30.  I like these because they are only 30 minutes.  Helps me with time management and motivation. 

-elvis14, Hacker, Engineer, Dad, CG Camper, Co-Founder of From Your Neighbor

Just did the first day of the 2nd week of the golf wod beginner program. I think thats the hardest workout i have ever done in my life. 500 jump rope reps is no joke and that is just one of the exercises.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

5 workouts into the Golf WOD beginner workout. My take on it is that if you are looking for purely improvement in golf performance, such as higher swing speed, the volume of this program seems to high for maximizing performance. For example, some of the explosive movements are in the workout after running, and with some rounds, you are trying to minimize the amount of time to get through sets and reps.

However, it is awesome for overall fitness, which is important to me as well.

Updated 07/15/2022

Now have a slight back injury from my golf wod workout this morning, so probably will take the rest of the week off from workouts. These workouts are intense.

Updated 07/15/2022

Rest up and stretch up, hope u get better soon and get back at it.

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

2 hours ago, Erik-M said:

Does chasing toddlers around count?

depends on how many u have....

Last week I finished my 6 week programing from Golf-WOD. Not bad, really a big change from what I was doing. Now at 40 I have a Powerlifting meet that didn't prep for cause of lack of accessible equipment. so I went and found my openers for the event this weekend. 285 bench, 385 squat and 450 deadlift. Not bad considering all I've been doing just dumbbell and kettlebell workouts. After this Comp I'll get back on with the Golf-WOD workouts and I'll start a new thread talking  about the pros and cons and all I see that can benefit those on this platform. Like an unofficial review. Stay healthy and keep swinging yall.

Made it back to working out after 1.5 weeks off. Could have came back last week, but wanted to give me back extra time to heal. Feels good to be back. 

Updated 07/15/2022

25 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Made it back to working out after 1.5 weeks off. Could have came back last week, but wanted to give me back extra time to heal. Feels good to be back. 

Good, the back is so important to what we do in golf. glad to hear your feeling better.. Keep at it, remember u can always scale these workouts down.

6 hours ago, Zen Snake said:

Good, the back is so important to what we do in golf. glad to hear your feeling better.. Keep at it, remember u can always scale these workouts down.

Thanks. Was out on the course, and I am hitting the ball farther than ever off the tee. Part of it was for sure improvement in strike, but this fitness routine isn't hurting.

I feel much stronger now than back in my 20s when I was focused on bodybuilding style workouts, and by "bodybuilding" i mean i was an upper body only meathead

Updated 07/15/2022

10 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Thanks. Was out on the course, and I am hitting the ball farther than ever off the tee. Part of it was for sure improvement in strike, but this fitness routine isn't hurting.

I feel much stronger now than back in my 20s when I was focused on bodybuilding style workouts, and by "bodybuilding" i mean i was an upper body only meathead

I got 2 of the other programs that im going to do Un-official review on starting next week. 1 will be the 6 week KB/DB only program then the 12 week Strength program.

• 2 years later...