TESTERS WANTED! ×

New and upcoming putter makers?

beelzeberto

We know the major players in the putter making game are, so who are the smaller or up and coming ones that have caught your eye?

I like Logan Olson, he's doing some fantastic looking putters. Mackmade is doing some cool stuff as well.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

I haven't heard of either of those makers.  You should add some photos from each if you have some so we can see.  

I've long been using my Scotty Newport which I like because it had no alignment aids and the softer look for a blade.  Now I'm testing an Evnroll ER2B which is outside of what I would normally look for, but it's been working for me so far.  I'm looking forward to getting it out on some real greens to validate what I'm seeing inside.

Either of those new guys have a tech story to it or is it more on the artisan side of things?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I tried a new up and coming putter maker about 5 years ago, Bellum-Winmore.........their blade was reviewed by MGS, u fortunately, they disappeared from the face of the earth a year later. If you can find one of these, grab it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I don’t know how “new and upcoming” they can be considered since they’re being sold at True Spec, but this company Kronos Golf has an interesting tech story. If I’m remembering correctly they 3D print their putters. They also CG balance their site lines so they are truly at the sweet spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 4/21/2020 at 1:37 PM, B.Boston said:

I haven't heard of either of those makers.  You should add some photos from each if you have some so we can see.  

I've long been using my Scotty Newport which I like because it had no alignment aids and the softer look for a blade.  Now I'm testing an Evnroll ER2B which is outside of what I would normally look for, but it's been working for me so far.  I'm looking forward to getting it out on some real greens to validate what I'm seeing inside.

Either of those new guys have a tech story to it or is it more on the artisan side of things?

I keep trying to add photos but it always takes me away from the site?

They're mainly just artisanal putters, good looking and quality builds.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

10 hours ago, Welshy said:

We have a guy in Australia who is amazing Kari lajosi some great designs. 

Lajosi is legit! So is LaMont Mann in Arizona.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

12 minutes ago, beelzeberto said:

I keep trying to add photos but it always takes me away from the site?

They're mainly just artisanal putters, good looking and quality builds.

Were you in the recruit group at that time?  Might have been too big of a photo?

The following permissions will be limited for Recruits:

• 10MB max photo uploads
  • Max 15 posts per day
  • Limited to 5 recipients per message, 50 total, 10/day

17 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Were you in the recruit group at that time?  Might have been too big of a photo?

The following permissions will be limited for Recruits:

• 10MB max photo uploads
  • Max 15 posts per day
  • Limited to 5 recipients per message, 50 total, 10/day

No it takes me to another website, I was dragging from google images so I'm sure that's what it was.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

No it takes me to another website, I was dragging from google images so I'm sure that's what it was.

You can’t just drag from google images. Best option is to copy the url of the image from the actual site and attach it using the insert content button

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Ah ok. I’ve always just saved the image to my desktop and uploaded it from there.

Goodwood is putting out some unique and cool head shapes. Also check out Compass golf co on insta his welding on his necks looks amazing. He is doing a custom for me right now and it is turning out great will post pics once it is all done. Love Olson of course and Mackmade workshop is great as well.

Driver:  :taylormade-small: 2016 9.5º M2 w/ Diamana Kai'li 70X

3W: :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Fujikura Motore F1 7X

3H: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 20º Pro w/ Aldila Tour Green 85S

DI: :nike-small: Vapor Fly Pro 2 iron with Fujikura Pro 95S

4i: :srixon-small: ZX 4 utility w/ recoil 95S

Irons:  :srixon-small: ZX7 5-P w/ PX LZ 6.0

Wedges:  :vokey-small: Raw SM7 52.08 F bent to 50º, :cleveland-small: 54º Mid bent to 55, 58º Mid bent to 60 w/ DG TI Spinner

Putter:   Compass Golf Co Custom Face Balanced Blade

Ball:  :taylormade-small: TP5X

Heard Slotline is making a comeback. I play a 1985 Slotline Inertia. blade, great putter. Nice with the gold weights in toe and heel, golfers all comment on the look. Just like my golf JAZZ Play to WIn Troubleshooter hybrids form 2005 or so.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

This thread reminds me of why I miss puttertalk.com; a forum dedicated to putters and the guys who made them. It went offline with issues a few months ago and never came back.

There are lots of boutique makers out there. Some just grind on the typical anser head shape or CNC mill an existing design while others are true craftsmen and do amazing things with metal.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I still consider Evnroll up and coming. I don’t believe their volume is anything like Cameron, TM, Odyssey, PING or the common names. I have an ER2 but still haven’t seen another Evnroll player in person.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

15 hours ago, cnosil said:

This thread reminds me of why I miss puttertalk.com; a forum dedicated to putters and the guys who made them. It went offline with issues a few months ago and never came back.

There are lots of boutique makers out there. Some just grind on the typical anser head shape or CNC mill an existing design while others are true craftsmen and do amazing things with metal.

I was wondering what happened to it. I lurked a lot. 

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Heard Slotline is making a comeback. I play a 1985 Slotline Inertia. blade, great putter. Nice with the gold weights in toe and heel, golfers all comment on the look. Just like my golf JAZZ Play to WIn Troubleshooter hybrids form 2005 or so.

Again? I have a Slotline Inertia from mid 1980’s and a Slotline SSI from there comeback in the early 2000’s. I use them at home but not on the course.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Cool thread - Great to learn about some new brands.  The one I follow and am impressed with is Lamb Crafted Putters.  Very traditional designs with a bit of flare for the most part.  

Problem with so many of the up and coming players is that while they look great, you really don't have a clue what the feel or weight will be like.  Many of these are finely crafted using high quality materials and many man hours so I understand the pricing being high.  But, personally, I will not be able to pull the trigger on something I've never tried and have custom made.  Love to hear others thoughts, who might have experience with one.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

3 hours ago, juspoole said:

Problem with so many of the up and coming players is that while they look great, you really don't have a clue what the feel or weight will be like.  Many of these are finely crafted using high quality materials and many man hours so I understand the pricing being high.  But, personally, I will not be able to pull the trigger on something I've never tried and have custom made.  Love to hear others thoughts, who might have experience with one.

Many people collect putters because they can be unique pieces of art.   Tyson Lamb,  non OEM Scotties, Nead, etc.  add a lot of flair to their putters and as I said are pieces or art.  To me the craftsmanship is amazing especially the guys that don't use a CNC to make a head and just use a hand mill and grinders to shape a putter.   There are people that just buy these putters for their beauty and don't use them.  Others game them no matter the price.   

The biggest benefit of these smaller makers is they can build you exactly what you want, but also exactly what you need to putt your best. You can specify materials (SS, carbon, brass, copper, etc), get inserts, get custom milling,   establish topline thicknees,  control the sound, etc.   The ideal putter for me is one that is almost heel shafted,  has no to 1/4 shaft offset, and weights about 350 grams.   I can tell you that you can't really find that putter in the non custom world.   I bought a Xenon putter that was perfect for me and my stroke....stupid me sold it 😞  The biggest issue is that you pay partial or full upfront and wait 4-6 weeks or longer for the putter to show up.  maybe you get pictures along the way and occasionally you don't get anything since these guys are generally one man shops 

Cool thread - Great to learn about some new brands.  The one I follow and am impressed with is Lamb Crafted Putters.  Very traditional designs with a bit of flare for the most part.  

I can partially agree with this on the sound and feel front. I think it depends on how much you know about what you like for materials and stuff.

For example, I know that I like milled vs insert and deep-mulled vs light milled.

I also know that I prefer 370g head weights and could feel and hear the difference between 355 and 370 heads.

Knowing that I would feel confident in ordering a 370g putter with a deep milled face from a custom shop. I could pick head and hosel designs that suited
My eye and be sure I’d like the final product.

At the same time I would find that waiting period unbearable. Hahaha

Josh at CNC is doing some cool stuff and saw Dan Carraher is getting in on the putting game too

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 4/24/2020 at 7:50 AM, juspoole said:

That is the downside, but the cool thing about a lot of the putter makers is you won't lose 100% of your money if you absolutely hate the putter.

In the case of Tyson, you can get more than what you paid for the most part.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Sacks-Parente: Nice putters, but obscenely priced

Mati Putters 

MLA Golf - Has been teasing a whole new line-up

Argolf

Seven Golf - If you have to ask, you can't afford them!

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 9.16.16 AM.png

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

• 2 months later...

Black Lab Golf in Savannah, GA is making some very nice CNC milled custom putters.

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4