New and upcoming putter makers?

We know the major players in the putter making game are, so who are the smaller or up and coming ones that have caught your eye?

I like Logan Olson, he's doing some fantastic looking putters. Mackmade is doing some cool stuff as well.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

I haven't heard of either of those makers.  You should add some photos from each if you have some so we can see.  

I've long been using my Scotty Newport which I like because it had no alignment aids and the softer look for a blade.  Now I'm testing an Evnroll ER2B which is outside of what I would normally look for, but it's been working for me so far.  I'm looking forward to getting it out on some real greens to validate what I'm seeing inside.

Either of those new guys have a tech story to it or is it more on the artisan side of things?

• Like 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

I tried a new up and coming putter maker about 5 years ago, Bellum-Winmore.........their blade was reviewed by MGS, u fortunately, they disappeared from the face of the earth a year later. If you can find one of these, grab it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

I don’t know how “new and upcoming” they can be considered since they’re being sold at True Spec, but this company Kronos Golf has an interesting tech story. If I’m remembering correctly they 3D print their putters. They also CG balance their site lines so they are truly at the sweet spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

On 4/21/2020 at 1:37 PM, B.Boston said:

I haven't heard of either of those makers.  You should add some photos from each if you have some so we can see.  

I've long been using my Scotty Newport which I like because it had no alignment aids and the softer look for a blade.  Now I'm testing an Evnroll ER2B which is outside of what I would normally look for, but it's been working for me so far.  I'm looking forward to getting it out on some real greens to validate what I'm seeing inside.

Either of those new guys have a tech story to it or is it more on the artisan side of things?

I keep trying to add photos but it always takes me away from the site?

They're mainly just artisanal putters, good looking and quality builds.

• Like 1

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

10 hours ago, Welshy said:

We have a guy in Australia who is amazing Kari lajosi some great designs. 

Lajosi is legit! So is LaMont Mann in Arizona.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

12 minutes ago, beelzeberto said:

I keep trying to add photos but it always takes me away from the site?

They're mainly just artisanal putters, good looking and quality builds.

Were you in the recruit group at that time?  Might have been too big of a photo?

The following permissions will be limited for Recruits:

• 10MB max photo uploads
  • Max 15 posts per day
  • Limited to 5 recipients per message, 50 total, 10/day

#cuetheduckboats

17 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Were you in the recruit group at that time?  Might have been too big of a photo?

The following permissions will be limited for Recruits:

• 10MB max photo uploads
  • Max 15 posts per day
  • Limited to 5 recipients per message, 50 total, 10/day

No it takes me to another website, I was dragging from google images so I'm sure that's what it was.

• Like 1

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

No it takes me to another website, I was dragging from google images so I'm sure that's what it was.

You can’t just drag from google images. Best option is to copy the url of the image from the actual site and attach it using the insert content button
  • Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Ah ok. I’ve always just saved the image to my desktop and uploaded it from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#cuetheduckboats

Goodwood is putting out some unique and cool head shapes. Also check out Compass golf co on insta his welding on his necks looks amazing. He is doing a custom for me right now and it is turning out great will post pics once it is all done. Love Olson of course and Mackmade workshop is great as well.

Driver:  :taylormade-small: 2016 9.5º M2 w/ Diamana Kai'li 70X

3W: :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Fujikura Motore F1 7X

3H: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 20º Pro w/ Aldila Tour Green 85S

DI: :nike-small: Vapor Fly Pro 2 iron with Fujikura Pro 95S

4i: :srixon-small: ZX 4 utility w/ recoil 95S

Irons:  :srixon-small: ZX7 5-P w/ PX LZ 6.0

Wedges:  :vokey-small: Raw SM7 52.08 F bent to 50º, :cleveland-small: 54º Mid bent to 55, 58º Mid bent to 60 w/ DG TI Spinner

Putter:   Compass Golf Co Custom Face Balanced Blade

Ball:  :taylormade-small: TP5X

Heard Slotline is making a comeback. I play a 1985 Slotline Inertia. blade, great putter. Nice with the gold weights in toe and heel, golfers all comment on the look. Just like my golf JAZZ Play to WIn Troubleshooter hybrids form 2005 or so.

• Like 1

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

This thread reminds me of why I miss puttertalk.com; a forum dedicated to putters and the guys who made them. It went offline with issues a few months ago and never came back.

There are lots of boutique makers out there. Some just grind on the typical anser head shape or CNC mill an existing design while others are true craftsmen and do amazing things with metal.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I still consider Evnroll up and coming. I don’t believe their volume is anything like Cameron, TM, Odyssey, PING or the common names. I have an ER2 but still haven’t seen another Evnroll player in person.

• Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
15 hours ago, cnosil said:

This thread reminds me of why I miss puttertalk.com; a forum dedicated to putters and the guys who made them. It went offline with issues a few months ago and never came back.

There are lots of boutique makers out there. Some just grind on the typical anser head shape or CNC mill an existing design while others are true craftsmen and do amazing things with metal.

I was wondering what happened to it. I lurked a lot. 

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Heard Slotline is making a comeback. I play a 1985 Slotline Inertia. blade, great putter. Nice with the gold weights in toe and heel, golfers all comment on the look. Just like my golf JAZZ Play to WIn Troubleshooter hybrids form 2005 or so.

Again? I have a Slotline Inertia from mid 1980’s and a Slotline SSI from there comeback in the early 2000’s. I use them at home but not on the course.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Cool thread - Great to learn about some new brands.  The one I follow and am impressed with is Lamb Crafted Putters.  Very traditional designs with a bit of flare for the most part.  

Problem with so many of the up and coming players is that while they look great, you really don't have a clue what the feel or weight will be like.  Many of these are finely crafted using high quality materials and many man hours so I understand the pricing being high.  But, personally, I will not be able to pull the trigger on something I've never tried and have custom made.  Love to hear others thoughts, who might have experience with one.

• Like 2

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"