TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golfing Solo or only with Friends?

Golfing Solo or only with Friends?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer or find it acceptable to play a round by yourself or would you rather only play with golfing buddies?

• I don't mind playing alone or being grouped together with strangers.
    • I only like playing with friends, that way if I were to get a hole-in-one, I get lifetime bragging rights!

There pretty much isn't a day where I wish I was on a course somewhere, ANYWHERE, playing golf with my buddies. However, I've always been the type of person who prefers to play with friends rather than going out on my own. Unfortunately, all my golf buddies live in other towns and other states. So as a result, I don't get to play as often as I'd like because I simply can not find any playing partners.

Another result of not playing too often is that my game suffers from the lack of practice. I think that's one of the reasons why I like to only play with friends; I don't feel any pressure to play at the same pace as the rest of the foursome. I can be myself and actually enjoy the game. 

There was a time when I had a buddy of mine encourage me to join his golf league. Since my skill level wasn't as great as his, I was put in a different pool of players and never got to play with my buddy. But since I was grouped together with players of my own skill level, I actually enjoyed playing along with strangers. In fact the more I played the better I got, and actually earned a spot to play for the championship of my bracket. But that was some time ago and back when I lived in a different place.

So now where I live, (closer to family) I have one brother-in-law that plays, but we can never schedule a time to play. There are a number of courses to play in my area. I played at my favorite course, last October, and probably had the best round ever. Some four or five months later, I played at probably my least favorite course and had the worst round ever. I know that I just need to simply play much more. And with this COVID-19, being cooped up in the house for so long while witnessing the awesome weather that Spring is rolling in; I'm just about desperate enough to go out solo. However, I'm not too confident and certain what type of round I'm going to have. I just want to play!

So the question is: Am I alone in finding it difficult to go out to play? Is it just a self-made phobia or do others feel the same? 

I guess one could say it's all about pace of play. Since most of us are recreational golfers, and don't play golf for a living, the only golfers that I've met that had no problem going out to any course on their own are those golfers with the lowest of handicaps. 

Edited by digitaltexan

In my  :callaway-small: 2018 Org14 Cart Bag I have:

:callaway-small: Epic Max 10.5°

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Fairway 3W 15° & 5W 18°, Project X Even Flow 65-R

:callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3-H 18° (+2° set to 20°), Steelfiber fc-75

:callaway-small: 2019 Big Bertha 4-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil ZT9 460 Graphite

:callaway-small: 2019 PM Grind Tour Grey 56/14, JAWS MD5 52/10

:odyssey-small: Triple Track DoubleWide, Stroke Lab 32in shaft, SuperStroke WristLock Grip

:callaway-small: Chrome Soft Yellow, Triple Track, Truvis, Supersoft, Kirkland 3-piece

I play 90% of my rounds alone. I guess in one sense you just get used to it. The only time I've had for years is early Sat & Sun morning, and even though I'm 35 and past the 'party all night' stage, guys just don't want to get up on their day off. I'm in a situation where I can't afford to be gone from home for 6 or 7 hours to play mid or late morning every weekend. I play dawn patrol solo and back home by 10ish. If you want to golf you find a way to play.

I would suggest finding a local course where you know you'll be able to play at a certain time of day. For me It's weekend mornings, maybe for you that's 4pm on Thursday, whatever time is good. Introduce yourself to the pro or shop manager or starter. Get to know a few guys and they'll start to know you, know your voice on the phone. They'll be honest and work you in when they can. Then, when you have a buddy or family member you can have a lot of fun and know it's a special round.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I am like Tsmithjr9, I play almost all of my golf alone. For years I was a member of two different clubs and always had games with 7 other guys. The golf was great, but too much drama. It was like playing with a bunch of kids. Always complaining about someone's handicap or didn't like who their partner was, etc. Moved on to the second club and enjoyed it for about 10 years, played with a few groups and had some nice matches.

After leaving that club, I have just played a lot of different clubs, Golfnow (which I hated due to never knowing who you would be paired with). Finally, I just started playing alone, mostly in the late afternoons. I actually love playing alone, I can concentrate better and seem to have more focus. It's kinda a mind set, you just need focus on your game.

Edited by GaDawg
correct spelling

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I've never had a problem with going out solo, regardless of the course. There's a few near my office that I would hit on the way home to squeeze in 9. Never had a problem walking by myself, I rather enjoy the peace and quiet to be honest.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

This past winter in CT was very mild. It’s been at least 10 years since I played as much as I did this year. Most of the time, I played alone. Most of these rounds,  I played mostly on days off during the week, very early in the morning. Felt like I had the course to myself some days, thus I could experiment with equipment and hit two to three balls each shot. I also walk, saving money and getting a workout. I have a close friend who makes an effort to join me as often as he can. It is my preference to have him there.

With the recent pandemic, the course has been open and busy. I still try to play early and alone most of the time. I am used to it and make the most of it as I said above. 

I have a golf league starting soon. It will be different with the social distancing that is present now. Don’t know if it will be as enjoyable as other years. 

Hey [mention=1504]digitaltexan[/mention] I think this would make a great poll. If you want to put one in, I'll feature it in a few days. Just click edit on your first post and use the "Poll" tab to build one. 

Will do!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:odyssey-small: Triple Track DoubleWide, Stroke Lab 32in shaft, SuperStroke WristLock Grip

:callaway-small: Chrome Soft Yellow, Triple Track, Truvis, Supersoft, Kirkland 3-piece

I get bored playing alone. I still do it to practice, but I miss the competition. Some times when I play alone I will drop 3 balls and play those against each other. Also, its fun to play for a little money and bragging rights against friends. Or against the dogfight guys. They really arent friends but I am friendly with them.

I’d rather play in a league so I’m always in a three or foursome with different guys every week. I play alone for practice maybe 10% of the time, with friends 10% of the time and 80% in league play.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Because I love playing at first light, a lot of my friends don't like getting up that early, I play a lot, about half of my yearly rounds alone, or with my 11 year old son.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I play solo the overwhelming majority of the time. When I’m at these semi-private courses, I try to join a group of two or three, but always get rebuffed. Even at my local goat ranch, I generally play as a single, trying to get finished within three hours.

I’ll never forget being in San Antonio for work, and I went to the Quarry to play. They don’t mess around there so they put singles with others to keep the course full, and groups stacked. I was placed with three members. They weren’t happy about it. They didn’t want to get stuck with someone slowing them down. I get it. Well, after four hours, we had been laughing it up, having a great time, and they asked me to join them for beers after the round as well. Tom, one of the three, gave me his cell, and I contacted him each time I came back to town so we could all join up together.

I’ve had bad experiences as well, but I enjoy trying to join-up with folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

90% of the time I prefer playing with others. We have a large group so it's easy to put together  a 4some. More often than not, after playing 18 with the guys, my wife will come home from bridge and want to go out and play 9. I really enjoy the interaction with the others and an added bonus is that we all play fairly fast. 

The 10% of the time, which coincidentally happened Sunday is when something goes wrong and I'm trying to fix it. I was having a good round  Sunday and the last 3 holes were cr*ap - couldn't hit any of my long clubs. Went out to play 9 last night with my wife and now I can add wedges to that list. So as soon as the wind dies down I'll be out by myself trying to fix the issues. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Both. I love the company of a casual round with my friends on the course. I also love a quiet round to myself.

My favorite memories in life have always been in the company of friends and family. I’ve found lately that a quiet walk to myself is as peaceful as meditation.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Does not matter for me would prefer playing with friends but am constantly jumping out solo or with randoms. Either way its golf just get me out there!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I used to play alone and get grouped up with folks at a small 9 hole course where they didn't even take tee-times.  It was a fun way to meet some really interesting people.

I plan on having more solo rounds in my future.  I'm looking to join a club but will only do that if I can manage to get myself there one or twice during the week for a morning 6 or 9 holes before heading to work.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

It doesnt really matter to me.  I can play alone, I can get grouped with strangers or I can golf with friends.  Theres a part of me that enjoys the meditative nature of early morning or evening rounds alone and sometimes its nice to play with others.  Its all great, really.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I play alone probably 75% of the time, and I love it. Around here, the golf courses (usually) aren’t very busy, and I can get around in under 3 hours. And, since the courses are so empty, it is a quiet peaceful environment. For me, there is nothing more therapeutic than spending hours outside alone. As @ZenGolfer said, it can be a meditative experience, and a calming escape from daily life. 

On the days courses are busier, since I can’t play a quick round, I love being paired up with people. Meeting new, interesting people is always fun.

Basically, in case you can’t tell, I like golf. 🙂

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I usually do the driving range and practice areas by myself or with my daughter.

When playing a round I usually play with a group of friends and/or family. I play a weekly foursome group ( sometime five-some) usually the same guys. 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

I enjoy playing with others, but it's always such a pain in the butt to match schedules or weather that I end up just randomly going out during the week and playing. Many times, I'll use GolfNow for a hot deal and get paired up with another group.  

At times, the serenity of playing alone around is really nice to feel like you have the course to yourself as well.  Before all of this, my plan was to play more rounds around 7;30pm to have the course to myself and not feel like I am missing out on family time.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

If I'm traveling, I would 10/10 prefer being paired up with strangers than play alone. It's great to chat with locals who play these courses all the time and learn about the course wherever possible.

At home, I can totally go either way. The 6 degrees of separation are strong around here so there's a good chance I have a connection of some sort with any "stranger" I could get paired with.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I mostly play alone.  Walking a golf course, alone with your thoughts and the sounds of nature, is so peaceful.  We're bombarded with so much noise in our daily lives (traffic noise, push notifications, advertisements, etc) that solo golf becomes somewhat meditative.  Sorry if that's a bit new age-y.  Playing with others is fun if you get the right people; a difficult task.  Playing alone, however, relieves you from having to make inane small talk or listen to some stranger tell you what makes him the world's foremost expert on fantasy football.  

It’s 50/50 for me. On the weekends I try to get the first tee time 7am just because no one else wants it and I can get around in good time and be home before the family is up. I am an early bird and love the solitude.
During the week I sign up as solo but usually always end up with a group and that is fine with me, Ive met some great people being paired up , a couple of guys that we know play almost weekly together during the season.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

The poll doesn't really work for me, so I didn't respond.  Mostly because neither option is what I would choose.  I've played many rounds solo, and I've played many rounds with strangers, and I have no problem with either.  I've also got a good group of fellow members at my club that I can hit up and get a game with almost any time.  But playing with friends or other members has nothing to do with witnessing a hole in one, moreso then just enjoying each other's company and encouraging any of us to go low, and to be the best golfer we can be during that round.

It's something I never really picked up on, until I was actually a member of a club.  The relationships you form with the other members are priceless.  They encourage you, and you encourage them, and it's great to see them every time you are ready to tee it off.  While I've certainly played solo every now and then, there are definitely times when I've asked around for a game and no one could play, and I just opted not to play.  Playing solo is good if you just want to work on your game, or you are doing something that involves hitting more than one shot, but playing solo is not something I would want to do very often, or with a majority of my rounds.

And playing with total strangers is a crap shoot honestly.  I used to walk up to the local muni and just asked to get paired up with whomever.  I stopped finding that fun when some of the people I got paired up with had not picked up a golf club for more than a year, and were more interested in drinking beer and driving the cart, and listening to music in the cart, then they were in actually hitting a decent golf shot.  It's not fun when these types of people are already hitting their 3rd shot before you actually get to where your drive landed.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I don't mind playing alone or with randoms but my preference is to play with at least one of the boys. I only go alone if I'm having major withdrawals and no one else can make it to the course

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

My priority on my home course would be:

1. Play with my wife or 1-2 friends who tee it up at 7am and can keep the round between 3.5 and 4 hours.

2. Play alone if none of the above are available

If I play on foreign turf, I would prefer to be paired with strangers instead of playing alone, meet new people, know the place/course, etc...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I play in golf leagues and with friends. I have no issues playing solo on Sunday mornings which is typical for me. My only concern is when I finally get a hole in one there is someone around to see it! I don't know of anything worse. The shot of your life and all you can do is pat yourself on the back. If you look back, most of your lasting golf memories have been while you were playing with friends. I know mine are.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

95% of the time when going to the course, I go alone, and most of those times I end up playing alone. Once in a while I am paired up with someone else. I enjoy both playing alone and playing with others. I don't have many friends in my area that play golf. All my golf friends are from college, which is in a different state. I am starting to meet more folks at the club I joined, but when I go its generally not that busy so I go out on my own.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I play most of my golf at my home club, so I'm pretty much always playing with friends.  If I'm travelling for something, I'll go to a course on my own, but my preference is to play with others.  How long does it take to hit 80-some shots, 30 minutes tops?  Even in an extremely quick round, solo in a cart, there's a total of an hour or two of between shot time, I prefer to use that time making a new friend.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I don't mind playing alone or with randoms but my preference is to play with at least one of the boys. I only go alone if I'm having major withdrawals and no one else can make it to the course

Hey yungkory, I’m totally with you on having major withdrawals and simply ready to go out alone and see who I end up being grouped with...

I play in golf leagues and with friends. I have no issues playing solo on Sunday mornings which is typical for me. My only concern is when I finally get a hole in one there is someone around to see it! I don't know of anything worse. The shot of your life and all you can do is pat yourself on the back. If you look back, most of your lasting golf memories have been while you were playing with friends. I know mine are.

Hey Tom, I’m totally with you on the Hole-in-one issue when playing alone!

However since I tend to play at muni’s and don’t have a home course, most courses would rather group singles or doubles together with other singles or doubles to make up as many 4somes as possible...