TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ready Golf Rules

viking

What Bothers Me The Most (WNMTM)  is  golfers who do not play ready golf.

Here are Randy's Rules for Ready Golf. 19 Rules to never break.

1. Always play as soon as you can

2. Always go directly to your ball and hit it when ready no matter if you are away or not on the fairway or on the green

3. Never remove the pin just leave it in and put.

4. Always let the short hitters tee off first.

5. Always keep your glove on even when you put.

6. Always Drink water and eat a snack while walking or riding in the cart.

7. Always visualize your drive as soon as you are on the tee box.

8. Always visualize and line up your putt as soon as you are on the green

9. Always mark your score after you get off the green and add up your score card when you get off 18.

10. Always wash your ball while you are waiting on the tee box or when others in your group are teeing off.

11. Always keep your eye on the ball and walk or ride directly to it, whether it is on the fairway, rough or water.

12. Always hit your ball first then help find your buddy's ball

13. Only look for balls (rough, water or fringes) when there are no golfers behind you so you don't slow the pace of play.

14. Don't buy beverages or food on the course, bring your own if need be.

15. Never drink alcohol or smoke weed on the course.

16. Always apply sun screen and mosquito repellent in the washroom before you get to the first tee and if you  have to reapply later do it while waiting to play your ball.

17. Don't flirt or try to impress the cart girl, she is not into you, leave her alone

18. Keep your dam cell phone in your car or at least turn if off and don't use it unless there is an emergency on the course, eg. you got hit with a ball from guys from behind you that you were holding up.

19. Don't just watch players play in front of you if they are out of your normal range or your range you are shooting that day. Just hit the ball.

Please like this and pass these rule along and lets speed up the pace of play and increase the fun factor!

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by viking

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

I was trying to play fast, but I had to keep taking out this rulebook to make sure I was doing it right and it slowed me down 

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Ummm No No No. Good news is we will probably never play together and if we did you would be very unhappy that I broke the following rules,
#3, #4, #5, #11, #12, #14, #15, and #18 for sure. Maybe even the rest depending on the day. I don't normally drink while playing but with these rules it would be broken after the tee shot!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

This is a joke right?  Phone in your car? No drinking or smoking? Keep the pin in? 
I don’t even know where to start picking this insanity apart 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

7 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Ummm No No No. Good news is we will probably never play together and if we did you would be very unhappy that I broke the following rules,
#3, #4, #5, #11, #12, #14, #15, and #18 for sure. Maybe even the rest depending on the day. I don't normally drink while playing but with these rules it would be broken after the tee shot!

Golf is for golfing nothing else to maximize quick fun in the sun.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

No joke. Pin in is now mandatory on all courses for pandemic. Most pros and serious golfers do it and have for a long time especially with rules change on this.

Many of us dislike the drunks on the course who hold us up with their stupid antics, slow play and mental deficiency due to being inebriated. If you are a serious golfer you don't drink while you play, you can do this after, same rule for driving (vehicle, bikes, snowmobiles). Do it at the right time in the right place.

5 minutes ago, viking said:

In your opinion sure but sounds like nazi Germany to me. 
I can play with all of those “rules” and finish a foursome round in under 4 hours on a weekend easy. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Just now, Lacassem said:

In your opinion sure but sounds like nazi Germany to me. 
I can play with all of those “rules” and finish a foursome round in under 4 hours on a weekend easy. 

I do it often in 2 hours, 2.5 max any day.

Well that just goes to show you there are lots of ways to play this crazy game because I would have never made it 50 years playing the game your way as you have.

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Guys and Gals, Major champs like Brooks Kopka, Rory M and many others agree with the above rules, nothing controversial just plain common sense and common courtesy but again just a suggestion IMO, you may have other good ideas or disagree, hey it is a free country.

No joke. Pin in is now mandatory on all courses for pandemic. Most pros and serious golfers do it and have for a long time especially with rules change on this.
Many of us dislike the drunks on the course who hold us up with their stupid antics, slow play and mental deficiency due to being inebriated. If you are a serious golfer you don't drink while you play, you can do this after, same rule for driving (vehicle, bikes, snowmobiles). Do it at the right time in the right place.
But you said it yourself lots of times already on here that you are not a Pro or even a serious golfer. Remember you are an average golfer and I'm betting most average golfers play to have fun and enjoy the game and it's benefits.

Don't 1 and 4 contradict each other?

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 minute ago, viking said:

Guys and Gals, Major champs like Brooks Kopka, Rory M and many others agree with the above rules, nothing controversial just plain common sense and common courtesy but again just a suggestion IMO, you may have other good ideas or disagree, hey it is a free country.

When ya making the tour?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

10 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Don't 1 and 4 contradict each other?

No as everyone in your group should play ready golf so if a person does not drive it as far as you do, let them tee off first, don't have to abide by the lowest score tees off first that is contradictory to ready golf, common courtesy and comradery as well for the group.

Edited by viking
typo sorry

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

When ya making the tour?

Never with my scores but I did almost win a $10,000 hole in one golf tournament. Won closet to the hole on one hole last year. Next year it will be 18 holes plus card pick so a person could win $190,000 potentially all for a $10 entry fee, last year it was only 9 holes. It only costs the sponsor of a hole $100 in hole in one insurance. FYI no one got a hole in one and I was the closest to the hole for all holes that day.

5 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Fore the sake of your partner, I hope you don't share the same sort of views about sex 

Just the opposite for that. Funny one JL.

Just the opposite for that. Funny one JL.
So you do smoke pot and talk on your phone?

Just now, blackngold_blood said:

So you do smoke pot and talk on your phone?

Never have taken drugs and don't have a cell phone.

I completely disagree that this increases the fun factor. Seems like exactly the kind of uptight bullshit I try to avoid. You might have fun playing this way, but a sprint from #1 to #18 is not why I play.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

2 minutes ago, newballcoach said:

I completely disagree that this increases the fun factor. Seems like exactly the kind of uptight bullshit I try to avoid. You might have fun playing this way, but a sprint from #1 to #18 is not why I play.

Not a sprint relaxed solo play in a cart or walking.

Reviewing the rules before play would add an extra 30 min to the round.

We're all adults and this isn't our first time at the rodeo. Just go out and play golf.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

28 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Reviewing the rules before play would add an extra 30 min to the round.

We're all adults and this isn't our first time at the rodeo. Just go out and play golf.

Unfortunately that is not true, just like the fact that common sense is not always common anymore. Golfers around here who play on public and semi private courses are sick and tired of 5.5+ rounds, with guys making it more a drinking time than an fun sport recreation time. 

Starters all all gone as well from many years so unfortunately you have those really extra careful people (guys and gals) who wait forever before they tee off even though they have no chance to hit the people in front and even though many of us tell them that they refuse to listen and won't tee off sooner or let us play through.

Unfortunately seen a few cases where suddenly after a few beers the group grows to 5 or 6 and even had a few 8somes i.e. the groups suddenly merge because hey they all want to be with all their buddies and drink and yap and not play golf, they play real slow and just becomes a drunk fest and with no more marshals well it goes unchecked so you grin and bear it. or skip a hole to play around these guys because they never let you play through. That ruins it for everyone, only good thing is when they mob on the cart person they take soo much time buying beer and flirting that you can easily pass them but cart girl usually only makes it around 2-3 or so times on a average round so you only have a few instances to pass these boozer bozos. Another reason why i only tee off at 7 am never ever see guys even buy or drink beer from a cart girl until well onto the back nine.

16 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I don't know how long the other posters here take, but your mention of 2:00 or 2:30 is simply ludicrous for a fourball of walkers.  I don't like slow play, but there's a middle ground somewhere in there.  I'm comfortable walking in 3:30 to 3:45, even on a hilly course with a number of long green-to-tee distances.  I've played golf in Scotland, where 3:30 is perfectly reasonable on many (probably most) courses for a fourball.  Some of your ideas have some merit, but the overall impression is of a race around the course, and that's not golf the way I want to play it.  Please feel free to enjoy your solo sprints (with all of your friends), I'll be an hour or two back with my friends.

Dave I never said anyone can play golf walking in 2-2.5 hours (by yourself or with a group) for a regular golf course. I said I do that riding in a cart playing solo.

I said you can play an executive 18 hole course (all par 3's) walking in 1.25-1.5 hours. I and others do that all the time at Fantasy Lake GC.

In all my cases stated, it is an easy relaxing pace, no running, no hurried shooting. Just concentrate on golf and nothing else except to bask in the sun and nature in peace and quiet.

Walking a regular course with a foursome would be 3.5 hours. In a cart 3 hours. Have done this but usually when I golf with others it is a twosome or a threesome (my golf buds). Foursomes are when I am required to play with others as the course does not like solo play to tee off on the first hole. I take care of that rather quickly if I am stuck with slower players and can play through my group and the groups ahead of me.

Take care Dave.

13 hours ago, viking said:

Walking a regular course with a foursome would be 3.5 hours. In a cart 3 hours. Have done this but usually when I golf with others it is a twosome or a threesome (my golf buds). Foursomes are when I am required to play with others as the course does not like solo play to tee off on the first hole. I take care of that rather quickly if I am stuck with slower players and can play through my group and the groups ahead of me.

Take care Dave.

So much of what you've said in this thread is about you, maybe with a few other players, and nobody in front of you.  Life doesn't work that way, there are other folks on the golf course in front of you and behind you.  There are fourballs, there are twos, there are folks in buggies and folks on foot.  A group in a cart can't go around in 3 hours, should never even expect to do so on a moderately full course, because there may be a group on foot in front of them. Many of your "rules" fly in the face of the Rules of Golf.  And you'll just leave your assigned playing partners and go on alone, expecting to play through every group ahead of you?  That's simply rude.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Hey Dave. Not rude and happens only rarely i.e one semi public semi private course were they force foursomes all the time on the first tee. The only course around here that does that. Other courses allow solo, twosome and threesome. They have no marshals or starters, as most courses don't anymore, been that way for many years now. Simply too costly for them.

The people I leave are people I have never met, we just teeded off together as we were grouped together by the pro shop when we paid our green fees. If they play slow, are not really into golf but just want to be together (as they came together and wanted to play together by themselves) and walk and have their own private conversations. No problem it helps us out both. Some people want to golf, others just want to talk and walk. I prefer to play solo, get a better rhythm, concentrate better, like to enjoy the golf setting scenery. Not a social butterfly more of a private person who enjoys the outdoors and likes to be competitive, yes you can be competitive with yourself as well, i.e. always want to do better.

When courses force a foursome, this happens. After a few holes it makes sense for the different parties to play apart. Silly rule to force foursomes on the first tee, when they are not busy as most courses are not around here.

When there is a slow group in front of me and they don't offer me the opportunity to play through (I rarely ask unless they are really really slow and have no golf etiquette at all) an there is no one behind me (to not hold them up) what I have started to do the last two or three years is to play 2 balls, that way when I play 18 holes I actually play 36, so I get to play 2 games in one day in the time it takes to play one game, that is fantastic. You should try it Dave if you get the opportunity. After talking to others on Manitoba golf sites and in the clubhouse seems like there are quite a few others who do this, either play 2 balls and or do two rounds in one day, we are true golf diehards for our geographical and climate location with our short seasons.

Dave you can play 12 months of the year, 365 days, many of can't because of our geological location and climate, and weather fluctuations (we go from +40 C to - 40 C) and unfortunately getting way too many very hot and humid summer days when you can't golf of course that depends a lot on the person's make up, eg. I can take the cold but not the heat.

Stay positive Dave, people are different and accept them for that. I merely offered a suggestion and offered to open up a polite positive conversation to make people aware of how they can play ready golf, for many here they already know that, but many others don't because they use golf as more of a social get together activity rather than a sport or a recreational activity and they have no clue how long a game should last or that slower players should allow faster players to play through. Ready golf is more important now than ever with the disappearance of course marshalls.

The golf rules I have displayed are what many common average and pro golfers like. Have you ever read how upset Brooks and others are of slow play ont eh course and at tournaments?

Stay safe and positive Dave. We obviously have different viewpoints and that is fine.

I tend to agree with Dave. My buddies and I play "Ready Golf",as we call it, and we enjoy a faster pace of play. However, we still find time to violate some of the rules on your list all while be conscious and respectful of other groups/golfers out on the course. To me part of what makes the game so fun is the social aspect..... gambling, drinking, giving each other a hard time and celebrating together. I enjoy taking my time to appreciate the course architecture and scenery as well. The key is to enjoy your personal experience in your own way all while being mindful to not infringe on other golfers personal experience. 

P.S......About your stance on what the pros want........If I ever get the opportunity to play with Rickie Fowler and he doesn't flirt with the cart girl I will be highly disappointed. 😜

:taylormade-small: Driver M6 9 Patterson Kinect 

:755178188_TourEdge: Tour Edge Exotic EXS 3 Wood 15 degree 

:taylormade-small: Rescue 3 fairway/hybrid wood 17 degree

:ping-small:  irons i-500 4-W Project X LZ 5.5 

:taylormade-small: Wedges,  Mill Grind 2- 50 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree HI-Toe

:cameron-small:  Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter Super Stroke grip

:Snell: MTB-X optic yellow

VESSEL  bag Player stand 2.0 

3 minutes ago, BelowParGolf said:

P.S......About your stance on what the pros want........If I ever get the opportunity to play with Rickie Fowler and he doesn't flirt with the cart girl I will be highly disappointed. 😜

And how about if the cart girl wants to flirt with us 😂

Left Hand orientation