Jump to content

Ready Golf Rules


viking
 Share

Recommended Posts

This ones gonna get shut down too #6thsense. I think this lock down is putting us all on edge 🤬

image.gif.45da543259d8d7a122a25b7359f9290c.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ VS :cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

This ones gonna get shut down too #6thsense. I think this lock down is putting us all on edge 🤬

 

Yeah, I stopped poking at him.  Its hard to have a discussion when the other guy say "I'm right, and everyone agrees with me".

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

What if I want slower fun in the sun?

That is ok provided if you are very slow and have groups backed up behind you or always waiting for you, you allow faster groups behind you to easily pass, they should not have to ask you should offer by waiting on the tee box and let the faster group or solo play through.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Yeah, I stopped poking at him.  Its hard to have a discussion when the other guy say "I'm right, and everyone agrees with me".

I put him on "ignore" - easy peasy 

  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X  And Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2020 at 4:40 PM, DaveP043 said:

I don't know how long the other posters here take, but your mention of 2:00 or 2:30 is simply ludicrous for a fourball of walkers.  I don't like slow play, but there's a middle ground somewhere in there.  I'm comfortable walking in 3:30 to 3:45, even on a hilly course with a number of long green-to-tee distances.  I've played golf in Scotland, where 3:30 is perfectly reasonable on many (probably most) courses for a fourball.  Some of your ideas have some merit, but the overall impression is of a race around the course, and that's not golf the way I want to play it.  Please feel free to enjoy your solo sprints (with all of your friends), I'll be an hour or two back with my friends.

Again Dave why are you not listening. I said I play solo for 2-2.5 hours, a foursome will take longer. I never ever said a foursome for that long, you said that or assumed that (never assume Dave, you know that). Read please before you post and react. Read and listen and stop being so argumentative and calling me a liar (imo, it hurts). I am telling the truth and play this way for many many years as do many others were I play. I never ever said it was a race. I just walk directly to the ball I do not run or race walk. I walk normal.

Some play as foursomes others a 3 or two or solo. Actually many early morning golfers are solo or two some where I play. get it Dave. Glad you played in Scotland, read about it in other topics re the Old course. Hope you had fun. Now lets please drop this feud Dave.

Stay safe Dave. Lets hope we will be able to golf this year and that a cure is found very very soon for this pandemic.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I put him on "ignore" - easy peasy 

I am right Tony as I do it always ever year. I play solo. Please read and don't assume and please act respectfully to people. Stay safe Tony.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, viking said:

Again Dave why are you not listening. I said I play solo for 2-2.5 hours, a foursome will take longer. I never ever said a foursome for that long, you said that or assumed that (never assume Dave, you know that). Read please before you post and react. Read and listen and stop being so argumentative and calling me a liar (imo, it hurts). I am telling the truth and play this way for many many years as do many others were I play. I never ever said it was a race. I just walk directly to the ball I do not run or race walk. I walk normal.

Some play as foursomes others a 3 or two or solo. Actually many early morning golfers are solo or two some where I play. get it Dave. Glad you played in Scotland, read about it in other topics re the Old course. Hope you had fun. Now lets please drop this feud Dave.

Stay safe Dave. Lets hope we will be able to golf this year and that a cure is found very very soon for this pandemic.

You might look back to post #26 in this thread, where you already responded to my post.

  • Like 1

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

You might look back to post #26 in this thread, where you already responded to my post.

I realized that when I posted it. If you stay positive please reply to my new topic if golf courses in Canada and Northern US will open up this year when they expect a second wave of Covid 19 this fall. If not well stay safe anyway Dave and good bye.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, viking said:

That is ok provided if you are very slow and have groups backed up behind you or always waiting for you, you allow faster groups behind you to easily pass, they should not have to ask you should offer by waiting on the tee box and let the faster group or solo play through.

I had a rather long response, but I decided it wasn't worth it.

I like to play fast also. The problem is, public and muni courses don't allow for your rules. Letting people play though is no problem. The problem is that I/we almost always end up waiting on the same tee box with them because of the group ahead of them... previously ahead of us. That's life on a public/muni course.

My buddy and I have played 18 holes in 2.75 hours... riding in the same cart. It can be done when there is no one in front of you. I really don't understand how you think your rules would ever work in the real world. I do understand what you after. There is just no way to implement what you want because people are going to be people.

I'm out of this thread as far as responding to anything/one else. Have a good day everyone!

 

Edited by silver & black
spelling
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will add one more thing: The biggest problem for slow play is playing from the wrong tee box. I see way too many guys/groups play from the longer/est tee boxes that would do well to play in 4 hours from the senior tees. When it takes a group of four 3 - 4 shots each to get to the green.... not on it, you are in for a very long day if you are behind them. Sometimes they let you play through, other times not. Again... life on a public/muni course.

Edited by silver & black
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I will add one more thing: The biggest problem for slow play is playing from the wrong tee box. I see way too many guys/groups play from the longer/est tee boxes that would do well to play in 4 hours from the senior tees. When it takes a group of four 3 - 4 shots each to get to the green.... not on it, you are in for a very long day if you are behind them. Sometimes they let you play through, other times not. Again... life on a public/muni course.

Agreed. I always play whites. Which when I started 50 years ago was always where most people played, still is actually around here, very few on yellow, red, blue or black.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

I had a rather long response, but I decided it wasn't worth it.

I like to play fast also. The problem is, public and muni courses don't allow for your rules. Letting people play though is no problem. The problem is that I/we almost always end up waiting on the same tee box with them because of the group ahead of them... previously ahead of us. That's life on a public/muni course.

My buddy and I have played 18 holes in 2.75 hours... riding in the same cart. It can be done when there is no one in front of you. I really don't understand how you think your rules would ever work in the real world. I do understand what you after. There is just no way to implement what you want because people are going to be people.

I'm out of this thread as far as responding to anything/one else. Have a good day everyone!

 

They do work in the real world as I play on is municipal and semi private courses. Again I play solo, tee off at 7am so first or very close to the first tee off spot. Again lots like me play round in 2-2.5 hours with a cart.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2020 at 8:05 PM, viking said:

Never have taken drugs and don't have a cell phone.

Fascinating sentence, and I'm not taking the piss. Somehow I think the course (world?) would probably be a better place with more of the former and less of the latter.

Sort of related: https://www.golfdigest.com/story/undercover-tour-pro-a-pot-smoker-applauds-the-tours-new-drug-testing-program

Anyway, from my perspective, a lot of these suggestions are small change. The big issue is a four- or five-ball that won't let a smaller, faster group play through on an empty course. But on a busy day, what are you going to do? Bring extra water, snacks, sun lotion and take it down a notch.

  • Like 5

Callaway Epic Speed + Mitsubishi MMT

TaylorMade SIM Titanium + Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

Titleist U510 20* + Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic

Mizuno 919 Forged + Paderson Kinetixx TS-I

Cleveland CBX2 54*, Vokey SM8 58*

TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Pro V1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh man, how did I miss this thread all week?!! Thank you dearest Spy family - I seriously haven’t laughed this hard in a long time.
After carefully considering the plethora of persistently “positive” contradictions both listed and inexplicably defended within Randall’s meandering manifesto (in addition to reviewing the entire associated anthology), my money is leaning toward an AI chat-bot beta rollout.
Allow me to demonstrate...
What can you tell us about your first memory, [mention=86214]viking[/mention]? Do you often have the thought that pesky humans should _ALWAYS_ be doing something, and faster too? You know... to maximize the shortest time possible? Speaking of maximization (at least my prior understanding of the term), I am definitely eager to hear more about the seemingly reasonably priced hole-in-one tournament sponsorship opportunities. Maybe you could post an official Viking 2020 WITB? I’ve always been envious of the guys who can handle a 17 club setup. And all under 2.5 hours - maximum impressive.
Also, I’m very sorry about the cart girl troubles. I cannot personally relate, but it sounds rough. Is is safe to assume interactions typically deteriorate during the customary exchange of cell phone numbers? Probably for best in the long run anyway, I’ve heard a lot of those girls secretly smoke marijuana.
BTW - the entirety of this thread reinforces my belief that MyGolfSpy is one of the kindest forums around. And on the subject of profound patience, the practice is likely to pay dividends in all areas of our lives right now. Legit thanks for the reminder errrbody.

Awesome


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, downlowkey said:

Oh man, how did I miss this thread all week?!! Thank you dearest Spy family - I seriously haven’t laughed this hard in a long time.

After carefully considering the plethora of persistently “positive” contradictions both listed and inexplicably defended within Randall’s meandering manifesto (in addition to reviewing the entire associated anthology), my money is leaning toward an AI chat-bot beta rollout.

Allow me to demonstrate...

What can you tell us about your first memory, @viking? Do you often have the thought that pesky humans should _ALWAYS_ be doing something, and faster too? You know... to maximize the shortest time possible? Speaking of maximization (at least my prior understanding of the term), I am definitely eager to hear more about the seemingly reasonably priced hole-in-one tournament sponsorship opportunities. Maybe you could post an official Viking 2020 WITB? I’ve always been envious of the guys who can handle a 17 club setup. And all under 2.5 hours - maximum impressive.

Also, I’m very sorry about the cart girl troubles. I cannot personally relate, but it sounds rough. Is is safe to assume interactions typically deteriorate during the customary exchange of cell phone numbers? Probably for best in the long run anyway, I’ve heard a lot of those girls secretly smoke marijuana.

BTW - the entirety of this thread reinforces my belief that MyGolfSpy is one of the kindest forums around. And on the subject of profound patience, the practice is likely to pay dividends in all areas of our lives right now. Legit thanks for the reminder errrbody.

I wish I could like, love and laugh at this all at once! Can we get that added 🙏

  • Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ VS :cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just friendly reminder for all I think this is relevant. A lot out there get this confused with me 😂 my wife asks me all the time why I don’t like anyone....not the case I just don’t agree with most please don’t take offense!

9DEFA050-7427-4B73-A44D-B563DA721B18.jpeg.6da4a281654236974eea28d16565c29b.jpeg

  • Like 5

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ VS :cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 2:01 AM, downlowkey said:

Probably for the best in the long run anyway, I’ve heard a lot of those girls secretly smoke marijuana.

Wow, not cool. From my experience, it ends up with smoking something more serious, just like my cousin did. Fortunately, there are enough hotlines and rehabs like this: https://addictionresource.com/addiction-and-rehab-hotlines/nebraska-numbers/. I still think legalization isn't the wisest decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, maelao said:

Wow, not cool. From my experience, it ends up with smoking something more serious, just like my cousin did.

Amen! Wait... are we talking about subsequently smoking a serious brisket? Because that has definitely been my experience.

I would agree that it’s unwise to ignore the potential pitfalls of smoked meat addiction - greasy hands/face, swelling stomach, perma-grin; and in my depraved case, a Big Red chaser. I don’t want to alarm you, but that greasy slope inevitably leads to something us addicts call “burnt ends”. Trust me... you don’t want to know.

Just talking about smoke rendered fat is a trigger for me, so I should probably see myself out. If I don’t get a handle on this urge soon, it’s going to be a long lonely night on brisket watch.

  • Like 3

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2020 at 5:09 PM, viking said:

 

 

Can't say I agree with ALL these points.  One can be swift of removing/replacing pins,   Can be just a few seconds to remove / put back  gloves.

Each one of us have a different pace of doing things, the same as no one operate a motor vehicle the same way.  And golfing on a golf course course is like driving on a single lane roadway with traffic.  Some days there is no one in front of you and some days there be traffic slow going......... As long as I could finish with the 18 within a reasonable time, I'll be okay with it.

On 4/20/2020 at 5:09 PM, viking said:

Please like this and pass these rule along and lets speed up the pace of play and increase the fun factor!

Stay safe everyone.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...