TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mevo +

I was wondering if anyone he has purchased a Mevo + from flightscope and would be like enough to share their experience. I’m thinking about purchasing one and using it as an I home simulator and launch monitor at the range. It seems like a great deal.

M5 7.5Deg UST Proforce V2 tipped 1" strong 70g X

M5 Rocket 3 14deg UST Proforce V2  70g X

GaparLo 2 17deg KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X

4-iron Titleist T-MB Project X 6.5

5-Pw Taylormade P7TW Project X 6.5

52 Slate Blue Vokey SM7 Project X 6.5

56 Jet Black Vokey SM7 Project X 6.0

60 HiToe Mill Grind Project X 6.0

• 1 month later...

I hate to admit it but I am close to getting one of these as well. If anybody has one I would love to hear your thoughts. Is it worth it and what do your bad days look like compared to your good ones. I don’t feel like I’m replicating what I’m doing when I get on the course compared to when I’m in a hitting bay. I would like something that I could use on a range. 

Taylormade Woods

Cobra Hybrid

Hogan Irons
HiToe Wedges

Spider Putter

Snell MTBX golf balls 

I have one of these on order and it is expected to ship out later this week (fingers crossed since I have been waiting for it since early March). I hope to put some videos together on it when It comes in. I have a net set up at my house and plan to build it into a more permanent structure in my yard as well as taking this out on the range/course like what @Gsi10561 mentioned as well. Let me know if you have specific questions on it and I will do my best to get those answers for you once it comes in. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

2 hours ago, The 19th Hole said:

I have one of these on order and it is expected to ship out later this week (fingers crossed since I have been waiting for it since early March). I hope to put some videos together on it when It comes in. I have a net set up at my house and plan to build it into a more permanent structure in my yard as well as taking this out on the range/course like what @Gsi10561 mentioned as well. Let me know if you have specific questions on it and I will do my best to get those answers for you once it comes in. 

No specific questions for me, just looking forward to hearing your feedback on it.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

I’ll second Josh Ross, I’ve been eyeing this for awhile but want to hear how other people experiences are before I pull the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

• 2 weeks later...

FYI I just got an update this morning that my Mevo + finally shipped (been about 15 weeks since I ordered it). Hopefully it comes in quick and I can give you guys some input on it. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Mevo + was just delivered to my work. I am charging it and hope to start testing it out tonight! While I plan to test everything I can think of, let me know if there is a specific question at all and I'll try to figure it out! Very exited to finally have this in hand!

8 minutes ago, The 19th Hole said:

Mevo + was just delivered to my work. I am charging it and hope to start testing it out tonight! While I plan to test everything I can think of, let me know if there is a specific question at all and I'll try to figure it out! Very exited to finally have this in hand!

Really looking forward to your overall thoughts on this.  I have been pondering it for a couple months now!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I have  a mevo+ and I have now used it 4 or 5  times. I can give you some pros and cons but I still have a lot to learn and figure out on it.

To start I have only used it outside at a driving range, so I have not seen how it works inside or into a net yet.

Pros:

• It seems to be pretty accurate and  set up is easy. It has essentially any stats you would need and you can record your swing from whatever device you are using.
  • It really helped me dial in my numbers on distance and on swing speed/ball speed.
  • This is kinda both pro and con.... the price. it is an expensive unit but for the price and compared to how expensive the higher end ones are it looks like a very fair price.

Cons:

• The battery last about an hour but  to me when it gets to be low battery it does not work as well. It does not pick up shots every time like when it is full battery.
  • If you are using the app on your phone I suggest a portable battery charger because it kills your battery. 
  • If you use something else like an ipad you need a hot spot or a Wi-Fi to be on for it to work.(Unless I totally missed how to make it work without Wi-Fi)
  • It also showed me how terribly inconsistent of a ball striker I am.......

Like I  said I am new to using it and I learn something new every time I use it. another tip is to change the sleep timer in the settings the first time you set up the session to something longer than 30 seconds. I set it to the max of 120 seconds  just so I don't have to worry about it going to sleep in the middle of a swing, and I don't have to feel rushed, i can take my time hitting the balls. 

The accuracy on the numbers it gives you are obviously not going to be as accurate as the higher end models but I would say this little machine does pretty well for its price point. I have a pretty high swing speed, so I was nervous it may throw it off when i use driver or my long drive driver but it catches the speeds of everything.

If you guys have questions about it specifically let me know and I can try and answer them to the best of my ability.

:918457628_PrecisionPro:-NX9 HD slope

:scotty-small:-Newport 2.5

:vokey-small:-Sm8 (50,56,60)

:Miura:=4-PW TC-201

:mizuno-small:-2 iron HMB MP 20

:callaway-small:-Driver --Mavrik Sub Zero

I have  a mevo+ and I have now used it 4 or 5  times. I can give you some pros and cons but I still have a lot to learn and figure out on it.
To start I have only used it outside at a driving range, so I have not seen how it works inside or into a net yet.
Pros:
  • It seems to be pretty accurate and  set up is easy. It has essentially any stats you would need and you can record your swing from whatever device you are using.
  • It really helped me dial in my numbers on distance and on swing speed/ball speed.
  • This is kinda both pro and con.... the price. it is an expensive unit but for the price and compared to how expensive the higher end ones are it looks like a very fair price.

Cons:
  • The battery last about an hour but  to me when it gets to be low battery it does not work as well. It does not pick up shots every time like when it is full battery.
  • If you are using the app on your phone I suggest a portable battery charger because it kills your battery. 
  • If you use something else like an ipad you need a hot spot or a Wi-Fi to be on for it to work.(Unless I totally missed how to make it work without Wi-Fi)
Like I  said I am new to using it and I learn something new every time I use it. another tip is to change the sleep timer in the settings the first time you set up the session to something longer than 30 seconds. I set it to the max of 120 seconds  just so I don't have to worry about it going to sleep in the middle of a swing, and I don't have to feel rushed, i can take my time hitting the balls. 
The accuracy on the numbers it gives you are obviously not going to be as accurate as the higher end models but I would say this little machine does pretty well for its price point. I have a pretty high swing speed, so I was nervous it may throw it off when i use driver or my long drive driver but it catches the speeds of everything.
If you guys have questions about it specifically let me know and I can try and answer them to the best of my ability.

I’m with you on learning. Tried to use this for a couple hours today with a friend using a net in my backyard. Totally agree that when the battery gets low, it starts to misread some shots. That said I’m not sure that the miss reads are also not (at least in part) my set up. I’m still playing around with how I can set this up to be fairly level with my hitting surface as my yard is not all that flat at present. I ended up playing 2 rounds with it on a small table top tripod, but I think that is a little too high now and might be throwing off launch angle because of it. I really want to go and get on a track man to get some baseline numbers so I can then hit on this and know how close/off they are.

For my 3wood - 9i yardages seems pretty darn good. But my driver seems short with too high a spin for what I see on the course, and my wedges seem long.

I am hoping to go to a range tomorrow so I can test full outdoor flight mode and see if the driver numbers and flight match up with what I see in person. That said, I have not hit as many balls as I hit today in a long time so my body might be shot...

Pros:

Cons:

I’m with you on learning. Tried to use this for a couple hours today with a friend using a net in my backyard. Totally agree that when the battery gets low, it starts to misread some shots. That said I’m not sure that the miss reads are also not (at least in part) my set up. I’m still playing around with how I can set this up to be fairly level with my hitting surface as my yard is not all that flat at present. I ended up playing 2 rounds with it on a small table top tripod, but I think that is a little too high now and might be throwing off launch angle because of it. I really want to go and get on a track man to get some baseline numbers so I can then hit on this and know how close/off they are.

For my 3wood - 9i yardages seems pretty darn good. But my driver seems short with too high a spin for what I see on the course, and my wedges seem long.

I am hoping to go to a range tomorrow so I can test full outdoor flight mode and see if the driver numbers and flight match up with what I see in person. That said, I have not hit as many balls as I hit today in a long time so my body might be shot...

5 hours ago, The 19th Hole said:

I really want to go and get on a track man to get some baseline numbers so I can then hit on this and know how close/off they are.

Another thing that would be really interesting is to compare Mevo+ with Trackman with a camera-based monitor (ideally like a GCQuad?) -- My understanding is that radar-based monitors are overall much better for ball metrics and less accurate for club metrics (i.e. swing speed is more accurate with camera-based monitors and carry/total distance more accurate with radar-based and both types are about the same for things like ball speed and launch angle)

I've read some other reviews that complain about Mevo+ needing some extra love/patience when it comes to spin; I suppose that's why they want you to use the little stickers on your ball, eh?

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on my Mevo unit. I took it out to a driving range this weekend and was able to see that the numbers from Short Indoor setting and Outdoor setting matched up pretty close. I noticed the numbers were a little shorter in the outdoor mode, but I was also hitting fairly worn range balls and not hitting all that well to be honest. There was also a bit of wind and I don't know yet how the unit handles wind since it imports the weather at your location when on outdoor mode (i.e. Is it normalizing your numbers based on wind, or is it just noting it down so that when you go back and review it indicates the weather at the time of the session). My next test will be taking it out on an actual course and setting it up on my tee shots so I can use the GPS on my phone (I use Golf Logix App) to confirm total distance (unless I can clearly pinpoint carry distance from the tee (such as par 3's). All in all I was very happy that the numbers were so close as now I can trust my home set up a bit more, though I was disappointed that I still hit my driver shorter than I think I do when on the course...My wife says getting old must suck...

On 6/26/2020 at 1:36 AM, The 19th Hole said:

Thank you for posting your experiences with this product.

Question. When hitting into net, how far back is the mat (where impact occurs) to actual net impact position? I am thinking about buying this product but doing some research up front. Thanks

3 hours ago, aerospace_ray said:

Thank you for posting your experiences with this product.

Question. When hitting into net, how far back is the mat (where impact occurs) to actual net impact position? I am thinking about buying this product but doing some research up front. Thanks

I move around between 8' and 12', but mostly hit at about 10'. When I get out to the 12' range I am not able to hit anything below my 7i as I am worried I will go over my net. At the 10' range I can hit everything but my 60*. From 8' I can hit anything. I moved back to try and see if it made any difference in the readings and found my sweet spot to mostly be the 10' range. 

1 hour ago, The 19th Hole said:

I move around between 8' and 12', but mostly hit at about 10'. When I get out to the 12' range I am not able to hit anything below my 7i as I am worried I will go over my net. At the 10' range I can hit everything but my 60*. From 8' I can hit anything. I moved back to try and see if it made any difference in the readings and found my sweet spot to mostly be the 10' range. 

Thanks for the information. Think I am going to go ahead and order. 

• 2 weeks later...

Newest Update on my Mevo usage. I have been using this a lot in the yard and still see the driver numbers being incorrect. I have been out to play real golf twice in the last week and my driver is for sure hitting it farther than the Mevo unit is saying ( I even drove the green on a par 4 that was about 310 yards). Have not even come close to that type of number on Mevo+. (all other clubs are pretty close). 

That said, I also managed to set this up for a shot while playing my round Sunday on a par 3 had had enough of a wait that I didnt hold anybody up. I shot the flag with my range finder at 170 yards. I hit my shot and the Mevo said I hit it 180 carry. From the tee box i was past the pin so it looked good to start. When I got to the green I stood by my pitch mark and scoped the flag again. 9.3 yards. So that means that over a 180yard shot, it was off 0.3%. I would say that is accurate enough for me! I was very happy with this since to this point I didn't have any confirmed yardages. I hope to continue to do this test a couple of times each round to see if that % holds true. 

Sounds like some pretty consistent results, I’ve been considering getting one of these “pocket monitors” for awhile to use mostly in my backyard to work on ball striking.

Sounds like this could work well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2020 at 3:16 PM, The 19th Hole said:

Newest Update on my Mevo usage. 

Can I ask what you are seeing on side spin and shot shape?  Does the Mevo+ reflect what you are seeing on the range or when you take it to the course?  Draws/cuts; hooks/slices; starting direction?  Does it accurately catch that and tell you?  That’s what I’m worried about with hitting into a net all winter and not being able to see the shot shape - am I grooving a horrible shape, or hitting it straight....  Thanks for sharing. Too me that is worth the extra cost. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 8:33 AM, WaffleHouseTour said:

Can I ask what you are seeing on side spin and shot shape?  Does the Mevo+ reflect what you are seeing on the range or when you take it to the course?  Draws/cuts; hooks/slices; starting direction?  Does it accurately catch that and tell you?  That’s what I’m worried about with hitting into a net all winter and not being able to see the shot shape - am I grooving a horrible shape, or hitting it straight....  Thanks for sharing. Too me that is worth the extra cost. 

When I used mine on an outdoor range, it was surprisingly accurate on shot shape. It has a 3d function so you can see it on your tablet or iphone and i would of said it was not too far off from what i was seeing.

• 1 month later...

Any further updates @Briton or @The 19th Hole? Sounds like the accuracy on distance is pretty good (minus your driver comments), but how has the unit held up thus far? Any tech glitches or wonkiness to report? Also, any solution to the short battery life? Could you leave the unit plugged in with an extension cord or something?

Lastly, how has this impacted your game and training? Do you think it was a worthwhile investment to help you train and practice better? What are you doing with the stats you have collected thus far in terms of improving your game?

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 12:37 PM, Tarheelvolvo said:

Any further updates @Briton or @The 19th Hole? Sounds like the accuracy on distance is pretty good (minus your driver comments), but how has the unit held up thus far? Any tech glitches or wonkiness to report? Also, any solution to the short battery life? Could you leave the unit plugged in with an extension cord or something?

Lastly, how has this impacted your game and training? Do you think it was a worthwhile investment to help you train and practice better? What are you doing with the stats you have collected thus far in terms of improving your game?

I'd be interested in hearing this too.  I'm very very close to pulling the trigger on ordering the Mevo+ to use at the range at my club and at home w/ both a garage and backyard setup.

DRIVER: PXG Proto 0811 X - Graphite Design Tour AD GP7x +1/2"

3W: Taylormade SIM Rocket - Graphite Design Tour AD GP6s

HYBRID: PXG 0317X 17* - PX HC Hzrdus Black 6.5 (shelved)

IRONS: PXG Gen 3 0311T 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1" | PXG Gen 2 0311P 3-4 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

WEDGES: PXG Forged 54, PXG Sugar Daddy 58 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

PUTTER: Taylormade MySpider X - 36.00" 3* Loft 71* Lie

• 1 month later...

Any updates @Briton @The 19th Hole?  Interested to hear how the unit picks up side spin hitting into a net; is it an accurate representation like it is when you are hitting outdoors on the range?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 12:12 PM, JohnSmalls said:

Any updates @Briton @The 19th Hole?  Interested to hear how the unit picks up side spin hitting into a net; is it an accurate representation like it is when you are hitting outdoors on the range?

I actually ended up selling the unit. Never got a chance to hit indoors. I sold it more for financial reasons, It was an awesome unit and wish i could of kept using it but I did not use it enough to validate keeping it.

On 11/25/2020 at 12:27 PM, LakeCowboy said:

I'd be interested in hearing this too.  I'm very very close to pulling the trigger on ordering the Mevo+ to use at the range at my club and at home w/ both a garage and backyard setup.

The only real issues I had they had made updates and fixed the software to improve it. which they are constantly doing but like i said i sold the unit before fully testing it indoors and its full capabilities.

On 11/13/2020 at 1:37 PM, GolfSpy_THV said:

All tech glitches get fixed pretty quickly and all it takes is an update. Battery life was an issue before I sold it but they had a firmware/software update to fix it and make it more efficient. As far as I understood you can plug it and to a wall and charge it while using it. i only used it on the range outdoors where there is no power close.

I loved the machine and felt like it helped me dial in my numbers for each club in a way that i have not done before and with any swing changes or club changes i could get it dialed in pretty quickly.

• 3 months later...

I've just had my sixth session with my Mevo+.  So far i've only been using with the FS Golf app - either at the range, or hitting into a net (outside/indoor short).  I keep getting more adept at figuring out the FS Golf app - like finally figuring out how to add data blocks to the video.  I guess I'm old and think directions should be included... but i'm getting the hang of it.

A question for other Mevo+ users - 1) have you used it with an external battery pack, and if so did you get any interference causing lost shots? 2) have you found that your Mevo+ internal battery drains without usage?  (you can guess I've had both happen recently)

My lone disappointment (so far) has been the lack of syncing up clubs.  When I go onto the My Flightscope web page and see my data, I only see it organized by sessions.  It would be nice if it would allow me to map my bag - and compare all my 7 irons to each other, keeping a running average, rather than just seeing the 7 iron in todays session, then having to open last week's session...  It is like the clubs and their data are not linked to one another.  That may be a little persnickety of me, but I expected it.   Otherwise it is quite the package. 

I had a weird experience today - see if anyone else has this - when the data uploaded to the cloud it replicated all of my driver and gap wedge shots three times.  So instead of 12 drivers, there are 36... three identical of each shot.  Doesn't really change anything, just weird.  And it uploaded the 7 irons (in the middle) correctly. 

I am most impressed (so far) with the ability to shoot video with your iPhone and have it sync up and add the data blocks etc.  I used that the other day for my Rypstick swing analysis.

The jury is still out having your numbers reported to my Apple watch.  On the plus side, I can switch clubs on the watch and since I'm curious about club head speed its nice to see those numbers right there on my wrist.  On the negative side, I can't (or can't figure out how to...) wake up the radar if it goes to sleep. I had some missed shots today (I am blaming the external battery) and I was working on a specific drill I got from Rypstick so was taking my time and the radar would go to sleep.  Well, I have to wake it up from my iPhone, which I had sitting by my bag behind the Mevo+.  I know, I know, such first world problems, how will I ever survive.... but hey if you are going to build the feature, you ought to have it be the best it can be...

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts

Hi Everyone,

I just saw this thread so I’m hoping that someone can share their experiences with Mevo+ in relation to:

1. Use at a busy driving range - do you ever encounter misreads due to other players and/or golf balls in flight? My regular range has small bays, just wide enough to swing without interfering with your neighbours, and it is almost always full. 
  2. Measuring Angle of Attack. This is one of the primary reasons I’m interested in Mevo+ so I’d be disappointed if it doesn’t read consistently.

Thanks in advance!

WITB: Epic Max Dr, SIM Ti 3w, TSi3 20 hybrid, Mavrik Pro (2 weak), MD5 53 & 58, Tuttle Flow putter

Mevo+ 

23 hours ago, wegolfs said:

Use at a busy driving range - do you ever encounter misreads due to other players and/or golf balls in flight? My regular range has small bays, just wide enough to swing without interfering with your neighbours, and it is almost always full. 

I've used at an outdoor range in the evening - probably not as close are yours are - its outside off grass so they have to give people space to move around as they take divots.  But I've had people on either side and haven't had issues.  That said, I have read other forums where people have had some issues where the Mevo would occasionally act on another person's ball.  I would think the key to avoid this is being careful with your set up.  Making sure your distance from device to ball is correct, and correctly marked in the app (you can go into the app and set the precise distance); that the target alignment is set correctly (you can go into the app and see a camera view with a target line), and the side to side roll.  I will admit, after I've taken a line of divots I sometimes am too lazy to move and reset the Mevo.  When I get out of the preset box i can miss some shots.

23 hours ago, wegolfs said:
  1. Measuring Angle of Attack. This is one of the primary reasons I’m interested in Mevo+ so I’d be disappointed if it doesn’t read consistently.

Consistently or correctly?

I'm not very consistent (I'm fighting a casting move...) so I may not be the best judge.  I get AOA reading on all my clubs - except maybe for my wedges.  Those numbers appear in grey (as opposed to solid black) and at the bottom it says "for wedge type of club this parameter can not be calculated properly"  (actually it says "can be not" but will forgive their grammar teacher) .   I don't know what a good AOA is for my irons to judge it against.  I know I should have a neutral to positive AOA for my driver.  Looking at my data, my bad drives have a negative AOA, and my good drives slightly positive AOA.  Looking at yesterday's 7 iron I had a couple terrible shots that had a -5.7 and a -6.1 AOA (clearly way to steep) and my good shots were somewhere between -2.5 to -4.

I thought that was an interesting questions - made we wonder how the Mevo+ determines it - is it just a math calculation?  Because the Mevo sits behind the ball I'm not sure how it would actually measure it.  So I posted my question on how is it determined to "Golf Simulator Forum".  I've posted many newbie questions and have always gotten answers.   So far, 47 views of the post, 0 answers.  I'll repost here if I learn anything.  Sorry, I'm not much help. 

There is a new firmware update coming out 5/5/21 - I did see that posted on the other forum. 

2 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

I've used at an outdoor range in the evening - probably not as close are yours are - its outside off grass so they have to give people space to move around as they take divots.  But I've had people on either side and haven't had issues.  That said, I have read other forums where people have had some issues where the Mevo would occasionally act on another person's ball.  I would think the key to avoid this is being careful with your set up.  Making sure your distance from device to ball is correct, and correctly marked in the app (you can go into the app and set the precise distance); that the target alignment is set correctly (you can go into the app and see a camera view with a target line), and the side to side roll.  I will admit, after I've taken a line of divots I sometimes am too lazy to move and reset the Mevo.  When I get out of the preset box i can miss some shots.

Consistently or correctly?

I'm not very consistent (I'm fighting a casting move...) so I may not be the best judge.  I get AOA reading on all my clubs - except maybe for my wedges.  Those numbers appear in grey (as opposed to solid black) and at the bottom it says "for wedge type of club this parameter can not be calculated properly"  (actually it says "can be not" but will forgive their grammar teacher) .   I don't know what a good AOA is for my irons to judge it against.  I know I should have a neutral to positive AOA for my driver.  Looking at my data, my bad drives have a negative AOA, and my good drives slightly positive AOA.  Looking at yesterday's 7 iron I had a couple terrible shots that had a -5.7 and a -6.1 AOA (clearly way to steep) and my good shots were somewhere between -2.5 to -4.

I thought that was an interesting questions - made we wonder how the Mevo+ determines it - is it just a math calculation?  Because the Mevo sits behind the ball I'm not sure how it would actually measure it.  So I posted my question on how is it determined to "Golf Simulator Forum".  I've posted many newbie questions and have always gotten answers.   So far, 47 views of the post, 0 answers.  I'll repost here if I learn anything.  Sorry, I'm not much help. 

There is a new firmware update coming out 5/5/21 - I did see that posted on the other forum. 

Thanks, I’m likely to try Mevo+ as I can return or sell it if it doesn’t work out at my range. Regarding AoA measurement, I hit off of mats the majority of the time and I have trouble seeing ball flight from more than 160 yards out. This means that I need a launch monitor that measures AoA to practice effectively using anything longer than an 8 iron. For context, my AoA with irons averaged -7.5 and the driver was -4.5 in a recent Trackman session. I’d like to get the driver to neutral/positive and the irons to -4 (ish). Doing so should improve my long game, which is my biggest weakness despite my swing speed.

WITB: Epic Max Dr, SIM Ti 3w, TSi3 20 hybrid, Mavrik Pro (2 weak), MD5 53 & 58, Tuttle Flow putter

Mevo+