Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2020 Models: B RXS, Q Star Tour & Chrome Soft

Sako

Looking for a new ball this season and am looking for some commentary to the above listed models.  Primary metrics I'm looking at are driver distance (w/least side spin) and green side "drop-n-stop".  My driver swing speed varies between 97-100mph.  The only one I have been able to sample thus far is the 2020 RXS.  I really fell in love with it, but before I commit, I want to know more about the other two models I listed to be sure I'm not sacrificing or missing out on a better product.  Let me know your thoughts and thanks in advance.

I played chromesoft truvis for 2 straight years: the soccer ball pattern really was great visual feedback. I could tell if I put hook/slice spin on chips and pitches, and I could tell how well I got the ball rolling on putts. Chromesofts are durable, have good spin numbers, check up well, and everything else you’d want in $40+ per dozen ball. My only complaint was how they felt(or the lack of feel at impact) with my driver.

Srixon Q-Star Tour is equal to, if not superior than,  chromesoft in virtually any category you’d care to measure. And at a minimum $11 cheaper than chromesofts. I picked up 6 yards of distance when I switched after MGS ball review last year, and gave up nothing as far as green side spin/control in exchange for that distance. Some will argue that they feel firmer, but as we’ve all learned, soft is slow. I’ve since changed to the Z-star xv, but I swing my driver 112-115 mph. Everyone I’ve turned on to Srixon, has been impressed: they’re premium  balls at a sub-premium price.

Edited by Micah T

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Currently playing ProV1, however, just ordered 3 boxes of the new Q Star Tours based on reviews I've read. If they perform as well or better than the ProVs will likely switch due to the price point. Cost difference is $1.25 a ball. With Srixon season opener special it comes to $2.20 a ball. Not chump change in the long scheme of things. Can get free shipping from Amazon prime.

Retired Army aviator. 2 Vietnam tours flying Hueys.