TESTERS WANTED! ×

triple track putters--oh my

Fugatec

Has anyone had any experience or horror stories with these putters? Goofing off at a Nevada Bobs and putted with the triple track two ball putter and the triple track balls--I couldnt freakin miss. I almost gave the guy $225 right then and there. But cooler heads prevailed. 

In all honesty I have an old two ball that I meticulously measured and drew the corresponding lines from the triple track balls. I love the alignment. 

I tried a few models at the PGA tour superstore before it closed last month: I’m a blade/anser putter guy myself, and that was the model they didn’t have. So I wasn’t in love with any of the mallet style triple tracks, but I did find myself expecting to make everything, and I didn’t. I do wanna try the two ball “blade” before I shell out for a Scotty Cameron though...

Edited by Micah T
Auto correct error

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

I tried them as part of the MGS most wanted testing and absolutely hated the triple track system. I prefer fewer less distracting alignment systems.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I like the putting help, but I dislike that you have to use a specific putter and ball in combination and the ability for the triple track marking on the ball to distract when you're not putting and it's not pointing at the target.

:mizuno-small: ST 200 9.5°, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

:mizuno-small: ST 200 3w 15°, Diamana S+ 60 S

:srixon-small: Z H85 3h 19°, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 6.0

:taylormade-small: P770 (2017) 4-PW, KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:vokey-small: SM8 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M, KBS Tour S

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Fetch 34"

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

16 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

I tried one at the PGATSS and I was ok with the way it looked. Not sure it helped me any, but I already play a Marxman putter so the difference really isn't substantial to me. Blue/red lines vs. black/white. 

Interesting I think the Marksman triple track would be the best.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:17 AM, Fugatec said:

Has anyone had any experience or horror stories with these putters? Goofing off at a Nevada Bobs and putted with the triple track two ball putter and the triple track balls--I couldnt freakin miss. I almost gave the guy $225 right then and there. But cooler heads prevailed. 

In all honesty I have an old two ball that I meticulously measured and drew the corresponding lines from the triple track balls. I love the alignment. 

awesome.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

100% agree with @adamflowers

:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5 | Fuji Speeder Evolution 661 X

:callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro 15* 3 Wood | Aldila Tour Green 75x

:taylormade-small: GAPR Mid 18* (turned to 17*) | HZRDUS Black 85 6.0

:callaway-small: Apex Cf16 4 iron | KBS C-Taper 120s

:callaway-small:2019 Apex Pro (5-PW) | KBS $-Taper 130x

:cleveland-small: RTX4 50* | KBS 610 S+

:vokey-small: 54* and 58*

:bettinardi-1: BB56 | BGT Stability Shaft

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know that you HAVE to use triple track balls to get the full effect.  The lines are going to give you help aiming and hitting the center of the face no matter what ball you use.  Matching the triple track putter to the triple track ball so that all the lines line up probably help but I dont think its a neccesity.  

I always like to rip on Callaway for being gimmicky but that doesnt mean that all of their gimmicky ideas are bad ideas.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

• 3 weeks later...

So bought the two ball triple track. I was convinced by the increase in center strikes. I have had problems in the past with off center hits. I'm blown away. I love it. I am lining up putts better, making pure strikes, and most importantly making more putts. I am a koolaid drinker of this product. Couldn't be happier. And I have found a ball marker that allows me to draw the lines on any ball. Highly recommend yall at least trying it at a retail shop. 

I recently switched to the TT 10. Absolute best investment I have made on a putter in awhile (historically went for blades-- looks/feel). The TT 10 feels good (feels better when I make birdies) and I admit the lines were a little busy at first but then I got use to them as I began trusting my stroke. Its just the visual clarity/confidence I have now with my alignment. The more I use it the less I see the lines per se other than to aim the face. My putting has improved. One think I did is I switched counter weight/grip. I went back to a Super Stroke 3.0 with a 75 gram counter core. That gave me the heavier weight feel I like. 

I found old Dave Pelz The putting Bibles books and was reading how to train yourself to read putts. Obviously he never mentioned the triple track putter, as the books are 25 years old. But he was discussing how to practice putting on the high side. The drill isnt so much making the putt as it is missing as close the making it on the high side as possible. If you make, all the better. I took that out to my club today and tried this drill. And oh my god the TT really helped with alignment. I am so in love with this putter. everyone should try this thing once.

I love the two ball but whenever i line up my ball to my line, it ends up looking wrong when I stand over the ball. I wish I had a buddy who had one to try on course. Maybe I'll convince one of them to buy one. HAHA

On 4/22/2020 at 10:17 PM, ChitownM2 said:

I tried one at the PGATSS and I was ok with the way it looked. Not sure it helped me any, but I already play a Marxman putter so the difference really isn't substantial to me. Blue/red lines vs. black/white. 

I also play a Marxman now. Love the alignment and feel off the face. 

On 5/29/2020 at 7:43 PM, SteveG said:

I also play a Marxman now. Love the alignment and feel off the face. 

I play a Marxman Fang. Best putter I have ever had in the bag. Face balanced with alignment lines. I put a solid blue line on my ball, align it with the center stripe on the putter and go!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I can’t wait to try tt 7

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

I kept my Triple Track 2-Ball Blade for about month before I traded it in.  The lines didnt do much for me and I just didnt like the feel of the putter overall.  Im sure that it works for some but for me it was no bueno.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 1:35 PM, neva_adoubt said:

I love the two ball but whenever i line up my ball to my line, it ends up looking wrong when I stand over the ball. I wish I had a buddy who had one to try on course. Maybe I'll convince one of them to buy one. HAHA

You could take a look at Utry.com. There you can get one sent to you for a couple weeks for $25, and if you like it the $25 is applied to the price of sale.  I haven't personally used this service, but I might be trying it out in the future. 

Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9* Stock. 3-Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero, 15*. Hybrid: Sub70 949x Pro 19*. Irons: Taylormade rac LT 3-PW. Wedges: Vokey F-Grind 52*, 58*. Putter: Rife 2-Bar Blade Putter.  Pro V1

I am assuming you mean that the lines don’t seem to be pointing to the left or right if your target. This is called parallax error and can be fixed by adjusting your setup to see the line correctly.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 6/16/2020 at 12:37 PM, cnosil said:

I am assuming you mean that the lines don’t seem to be pointing to the left or right if your target. This is called parallax error and can be fixed by adjusting your setup to see the line correctly.

Do you adjust up and down or standing closer or further to ball?

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

10 hours ago, Hotdocta said:

Do you adjust up and down or standing closer or further to ball?

Yes to those. Each person is different.   Watch the video below:

https://www.philkenyonputting.com/vids/2.mp4

On 5/21/2020 at 7:32 AM, Fugatec said:

I have found a ball marker that allows me to draw the lines on any ball

I bought this as well after putting with some triple track balls.  I find that its much easier to align the ball than just a single line for some reason.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Gotta say, I’m not surprised this was the top rated mallet putter for 2020. The more I use it the more I feel like I’m going to make every putt. I’ve never held a putter that worked so well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I think it makes sense if you are using the balls too, if not I would not like it.  I will say that damn 2ball putter won't go away.  It's like the old Tommy Armour 845's...everyone has had one at one point or another.  I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

I bought one last week and have only played it one round so far. I'm having a bit of trouble with my head placement over the  ball - it's almost like I am placing my dominant eye over the first ball on the putter 🤣. Resulted in too many pulls. I'm going to have to practice a bit to get it right.

On the plus side, I love the way the ball comes off the face and it feels amazing. 

I’m just not big into distracting images on a putter, and even though I get the marketing of the triple track, if you’re not lined-up correctly, or you’ve aimed wrong due to length of the putter, offset, grip, etc, any NUMBER of things, you’re still going to miss. I putted some with one the other day and was unimpressed. It’s a two-ball. Flat green? Dead straight like in a shop? Sure. On a REAL green? Yeah, still gonna miss like I would with anything else, and I do NOT like all of the “stuff” I’m looking at. It’s just another “gimmicky” two-ball to me.... 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 11:37 AM, PMookie said:

I’m just not big into distracting images on a putter, and even though I get the marketing of the triple track, if you’re not lined-up correctly, or you’ve aimed wrong due to length of the putter, offset, grip, etc, any NUMBER of things, you’re still going to miss. I putted some with one the other day and was unimpressed. It’s a two-ball. Flat green? Dead straight like in a shop? Sure. On a REAL green? Yeah, still gonna miss like I would with anything else, and I do NOT like all of the “stuff” I’m looking at. It’s just another “gimmicky” two-ball to me.... 

I just added a white stripe with a single red line to my TM Spider S (black). I have a matching single red line on my ball. Initially I was distracted by the stripe on the putter but once I got into the routine of lining up the two red lines, then moved to really focusing on the ball, things went much better. If it keeps working well I'll make the stripe+line permanent with paint.

spider on track 2.jpg

Driver:    Titliest TSi3 - Tensei white stiff
Wood:   PING  G425 LST 14.5* - Tensei orange stiff
Hybrid:   PING  G425 19* - Tensei orange stiff
Irons:    PING i525 - Project X I/O 5.5 - 4-W
Wedges:     Taylormade MG3 52* and HiToe 56* Project X I/O 6.0
Putter:  TM Spider X HYDROBLAST (33", 3* upright)