Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

triple track putters--oh my

Fugatec

On 5/21/2020 at 4:32 AM, Fugatec said:

So bought the two ball triple track. I was convinced by the increase in center strikes. I have had problems in the past with off center hits. I'm blown away. I love it. I am lining up putts better, making pure strikes, and most importantly making more putts. I am a koolaid drinker of this product. Couldn't be happier. And I have found a ball marker that allows me to draw the lines on any ball. Highly recommend yall at least trying it at a retail shop. 

Do you have a link to the ball marker you use?

16 minutes ago, Phazoni said:

The video has been taken down 😞

Subscribe to his site for the free gift and you can get access.    https://www.philkenyonputting.com/gift/ 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I tried one at a PGA Super Store, it was too “busy” for me

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

On 7/26/2020 at 5:39 AM, Jim418 said:

I just added a white stripe with a single red line to my TM Spider S (black). I have a matching single red line on my ball. Initially I was distracted by the stripe on the putter but once I got into the routine of lining up the two red lines, then moved to really focusing on the ball, things went much better. If it keeps working well I'll make the stripe+line permanent with paint.

spider on track 2.jpg

I just ordered the exact triple track decal from eBay.   I am going to put it on my spider x.  

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

On 7/26/2020 at 7:39 AM, Jim418 said:

I just added a white stripe with a single red line to my TM Spider S (black). I have a matching single red line on my ball. Initially I was distracted by the stripe on the putter but once I got into the routine of lining up the two red lines, then moved to really focusing on the ball, things went much better. If it keeps working well I'll make the stripe+line permanent with paint.

spider on track 2.jpg

So I am sold on this. I have liked the look from the get-go. It is definitely improving the alignment of my putter face to my desired line (as defined by how I place my ball). My buddies agree it has improved my proximity to the hole and makes. Will likely paint it on tomorrow after a round when I finally take a day off. I much prefer the single line look vs. 2 lines. I feel like having the white background and same colour line on the ball and putter is key.

Driver:    Titliest TSi3 - Tensei white stiff
Wood:   PING  G425 LST 14.5* - Tensei orange stiff
Hybrid:   PING  G425 19* - Tensei orange stiff
Irons:    PING i525 - Project X I/O 5.5 - 4-W
Wedges:     Taylormade MG3 52* and HiToe 56* Project X I/O 6.0
Putter:  TM Spider X HYDROBLAST (33", 3* upright)

So.....I got an email offer from a sticker company for 3"x3" vinyl stickers for cheap. You can get 3  1" stripes per sticker. I've designed the lines I think I'd like for my black spider putter. The idea is to cut each sticker into 3  1" wide stickers. One with a single red line, one with a single black line, one with wide red+ 2 narrow black.

I'll have a lot more than I need so I may be able to send some out for cheap if anyone is interested (couple of bucks for envelope and stamps).  I'll put up another post when they arrive in a couple of weeks.

Wish this came up a few days ago before I went ahead and painted the line on (results were slightly below ideal).

1255266440_Putterlinesv01.jpg.3ac009d5820d2cbe350ecc4483ec3cef.jpg

On 8/11/2020 at 6:21 PM, Jim418 said:

So.....I got an email offer from a sticker company for 3"x3" vinyl stickers for cheap. You can get 3  1" stripes per sticker. I've designed the lines I think I'd like for my black spider putter. The idea is to cut each sticker into 3  1" wide stickers. One with a single red line, one with a single black line, one with wide red+ 2 narrow black.

I'll have a lot more than I need so I may be able to send some out for cheap if anyone is interested (couple of bucks for envelope and stamps).  I'll put up another post when they arrive in a couple of weeks.

Wish this came up a few days ago before I went ahead and painted the line on (results were slightly below ideal).

1255266440_Putterlinesv01.jpg.3ac009d5820d2cbe350ecc4483ec3cef.jpg

There used to be a driver alignment sticker company that sent you about 5 or 6 different alignment stickers to put on the top of your driver. Single Lines, double lines, a 'T', a single dot, a chevron, etc. You could easily put them on the crown of the driver and as goofy as it sounds, I thought it really helped out my driver face angle at address. I think simple alignment stickers like this for your putter can turn your good putter into a great putter. If you came up with single dots, one line, two lines, three lines, etc, and sold them on a white or clear matte background, you could find some folks to take you up on it. It would at least give you that opportunity to see what alignment works best to your eye before buying another putter. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

21 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

There used to be a driver alignment sticker company that sent you about 5 or 6 different alignment stickers to put on the top of your driver. Single Lines, double lines, a 'T', a single dot, a chevron, etc. You could easily put them on the crown of the driver and as goofy as it sounds, I thought it really helped out my driver face angle at address. I think simple alignment stickers like this for your putter can turn your good putter into a great putter. If you came up with single dots, one line, two lines, three lines, etc, and sold them on a white or clear matte background, you could find some folks to take you up on it. It would at least give you that opportunity to see what alignment works best to your eye before buying another putter. 

Ya I noted an ebay seller who is doing that. I'm really ordering a few for my own use and will have an extra 49 stickers of the 3 lines which I would be happy to send to others as a community service (maybe for a couple of $ to cover cost and postage).  So if anyone would like a particular line or the set just let me know by message.

It's funny how polarizing alignment lines are.  Personally, lining up the alignment marker on the ball with the line on the Craz-e changed putting for me.  Other people hate it.  But given the data behind this, I wonder how those who say they hate it really do with this technology.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 7 months later...

You know how Phil Mickelson uses a Triple Track ball? Check out how he uses it on the greens. He puts the lines on the BOTTOM of the ball. Yup, he puts those lines as far out of sight as he can.

Don't get me wrong, I love my alignment line and use it religiously. I just think it is pretty funny that Phil endorses Triple Track and uses the ball, but actively avoids using the Triple Track  lines.