TESTERS WANTED! ×

PRGR Pocket Launch Monitor

HAC

Just got an infomercial for a PRGR Pocket Launch Monitor from "Haney University" for $200.  Seems like a great price - IF IT WORKS WELL.  Has anyone tried this or know anything about it?

Thanks for any help.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft set to flat with weights set to fade.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • Bridgestone B X.

Just got an infomercial for a PRGR Pocket Launch Monitor from "Haney University" for $200.  Seems like a great price - IF IT WORKS WELL.  Has anyone tried this or know anything about it?
Thanks for any help.

This seems to be the preferred LM for SuperSpeed. You might want to check the Official Testers forum for SuperSpeed here, there are probably a few members that have one

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 4/22/2020 at 7:14 PM, tony@CIC said:

This seems to be the preferred LM for SuperSpeed. You might want to check the Official Testers forum for SuperSpeed here, there are probably a few members that have one

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft set to flat with weights set to fade.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • Bridgestone B X.

One of the early no putts given discussed personal launch monitors and the consensus was that none of them are worth purchasing. 

They do a good job of picking up ball speed but a really bad job (or not at all) at picking up spin. I think they do ok with launch angle as well, but since you need speed, spin and launch angle to provide the correct ball flight and distance, overall they do a bad job of providing relevant information to help your game. 

They might be good for the superspeed tests because all they care about is ball speed and finding the difference before and after.

Edited by ChitownM2

25 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

They might be good for the superspeed tests because all they care about is ball speed and finding the difference before and after.

Most don't work for superspeed since they require a ball to be hit. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Most don't work for superspeed since they require a ball to be hit. 

I was just referencing the post above that said they were preferred by "superspeed".

Regardless, I don't think the intent would be to gauge your swing speed of the actual training aid. My guess is you would hit a ball before your start the program and then measure hitting balls again at different intervals in the training regimen, ie. one week, two weeks, one month, etc to see your improvement after use.

Edited by ChitownM2

14 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

I was just referencing the post above that said they were preferred by "superspeed".

Regardless, I don't think the intent would be to gauge your swing speed of the actual training aid. My guess is you would hit a ball before your start the program and then measure hitting balls again at different intervals in the training regimen, ie. one week, two weeks, one month, etc to see your improvement after use.

I believe the the PRGR is now the preferred swing speed measure for the superspeed protocol over the swingspeed radar; so it has to measures club speed and not ball speed.     The superspeed protocols have you measure the speed of the sticks so yes,  you measure the speed of the aid.   At periodic points you measure the actual driver speed.      

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, beelzeberto said:

Anyone know of a cheaper alternative? $200 for a single use seems a tad expensive.

You lost me with the single use.   Launch monitors are generally $200 and up.     If you are talking about SuperSpeed,  just use the old radar they used to recommend. 

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

You lost me with the single use.   Launch monitors are generally $200 and up.     If you are talking about SuperSpeed,  just use the old radar they used to recommend. 

That's what I was referring to, the SS training. But it also seems like this one isn't all that accurate as a LM?

Edited by beelzeberto
addition

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

21 minutes ago, beelzeberto said:

Anyone know of a cheaper alternative? $200 for a single use seems a tad expensive.

11 minutes ago, beelzeberto said:

That's what I was referring to, the SS training. But it also seems like this one isn't all that accurate as a LM?

I'm sorry but these 2 posts won't go together.  You can't go cheaper and expect more accuracy.  It usually goes the other way. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I'm sorry but these 2 posts won't go together.  You can't go cheaper and expect more accuracy.  It usually goes the other way. 

Perhaps I'm not being clear in what I was asking. I was just asking for a cheaper radar solely for the swing speed protocol. By single use I mean as in I wouldn't use the LM portion, I only need something for the radar portion to measure the speed. Which cnosil gave me a recommendation.

Does that make more sense? Hopefully it does.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

Perhaps I'm not being clear in what I was asking. I was just asking for a cheaper radar solely for the swing speed protocol. By single use I mean as in I wouldn't use the LM portion, I only need something for the radar portion to measure the speed. Which cnosil gave me a recommendation.

Does that make more sense? Hopefully it does.

Yep I just misunderstood you.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie