TESTERS WANTED! ×

Let's see your "wall-hanger" putters!

Moecat

I don't have any pics of them, but I've got

- 4 Scotty Cameron 1st Run ?# of 400

- 3 Tad Moore 1st Production Run ?# of some number

- not a putter, but a Cleveland wedge, raw metal from before the rusty ones were mass produced, that was hand ground by Roger Cleveland and bears his stampings

- a long neck Scotty Cameron 1997 Prototype like the one Tiger used to win his first Masters (still in plastic)

- also not a putter, but a full set of Justin Leonard commemorative Ben Hogan irons that are exact duplicates of the ones he used to win The Open, they are a lmtd # set

• SPY VIP

- not a putter, but a Cleveland wedge, raw metal from before the rusty ones were mass produced, that was hand ground by Roger Cleveland and bears his stampings

- a long neck Scotty Cameron 1997 Prototype like the one Tiger used to win his first Masters (still in plastic)

- also not a putter, but a full set of Justin Leonard commemorative Ben Hogan irons that are exact duplicates of the ones he used to win The Open, they are a lmtd # set

That Cameron longneck is a definite wall hanger! Such a cool putter with a cool story.

I wouldn't mind some pictures too.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Here's one example I have: a T.P. Mills hand-made ... originally forged by TP Mills in the mid-1980s and hand-finished by his son David

goose003.jpg

goose005.jpg

goosefb001.jpg

goosefb002.jpg

I love the finish, but damn that snow would be distracting. Is that why it's a wall hanger? ;)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

How do you display those bad boys? Tell me you don't have them sitting in a closet...

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

That sounds like a nice collection. Now you just need to get the camera into action!

He probably can't afford a camera. LOL.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I love the finish, but damn that snow would be distracting. Is that why it's a wall hanger? ;)

That's actually part of it. Another reason is the putter itself is not very forgiving.

I would love to see pictures of that collection...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

That's actually part of it. Another reason is the putter itself is not very forgiving.

Isn't that the damn ironic thing about putters. They are like women. The better looking ones are always the least forgiving when you can't perform like a pro.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

Isn't that the damn ironic thing about putters. They are like women. The better looking ones are always the least forgiving when you can't perform like a pro.

Yeah, but I usually have a chance of trying out the nice putter.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

How do you display those bad boys? Tell me you don't have them sitting in a closet...

When I was in the golf retail business, I was lucky enough to snag a Scotty Cameron display rack (before SC things got so crazy). They were actually just gonna junk it into a back room and forget about it.

This is a crappy picture, but it's like this one:

sc02_rack_1s.gif

Oh, and I forgot one of my favorite ones:

When I was working at a club in Dallas, we had a closet of "waste" clubs that we used for over-flow rental bags. There was a putter in the bunch that looked good to me...had (going from memory here) "handmade in the USA" stamped on it....had "Grace" stamped on it, and maybe another thing or two that made me wonder about it. This was not too long after Nick Price had made the Bobby Grace putters famous, and I thought it might be some kind of early BG. But mostly, I just really liked the looks of it...so I asked them if I could buy it. Bought it for $5. Got to looking around the net, and saw one just like it on BG's old website. There was a description about the putter and it's history. The history said there were only a few made (less than 100), and that most of them were made for Raymond Floyd. That got me to thinking.....the one I bought was something like 38" or something, and I had already cut it down and found it also had either a metal or wooden rod inserted down the shaft. Oh.....the one on BG's website....it was selling for something like $1200 (and that was several years ago). I decided to stop putting with it, and hang it on the wall, LOL.

I'll work on getting some pics.

Oh, and I forgot one of my favorite ones:

When I was working at a club in Dallas, we had a closet of "waste" clubs that we used for over-flow rental bags. There was a putter in the bunch that looked good to me...had (going from memory here) "handmade in the USA" stamped on it....had "Grace" stamped on it, and maybe another thing or two that made me wonder about it. This was not too long after Nick Price had made the Bobby Grace putters famous, and I thought it might be some kind of early BG. But mostly, I just really liked the looks of it...so I asked them if I could buy it. Bought it for $5. Got to looking around the net, and saw one just like it on BG's old website. There was a description about the putter and it's history. The history said there were only a few made (less than 100), and that most of them were made for Raymond Floyd. That got me to thinking.....the one I bought was something like 38" or something, and I had already cut it down and found it also had either a metal or wooden rod inserted down the shaft. Oh.....the one on BG's website....it was selling for something like $1200 (and that was several years ago). I decided to stop putting with it, and hang it on the wall, LOL.

I'll work on getting some pics.

It's always fun to hear stories about garage sale finds or putters that get saved from the garbage. It makes me want to go hit the flea markets and resale shops.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

It's always fun to hear stories about garage sale finds or putters that get saved from the garbage. It makes me want to go hit the flea markets and resale shops.

Yeah, real nice find. A local mom and shop went out of business and I tried to pry away some of that kind of stuff, but no dice.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Archived