Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

I still have XR16  and get long distance with it and have been generally happy with it. But I'm thinking about switch to a new driver mainly because the new models came out and last years have gone down in price.

What is the best driver in your opinion? Thanks.

I still have XR16  and get long distance with it and have been generally happy with it. But I'm thinking about switch to a new driver mainly because the new models came out and last years have gone down in price.
What is the best driver in your opinion? Thanks.

Most of us on here will tell you to do a fitting if possible, even if it’s just going to a demo day at minimum. Awfully tough to recommend a driver head and shaft combo when they work so differently for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

As @PMookie said, difficult to select the best because everyone likes a different feel.  It's best to see a fitter, or give each a try at a Demo Days or if you have a store close by. 

Here are the links to the MGS Most Wanted Driver tests.  The 2019 test is also broken down by swing speed in the subsequent links.  I believe the 2020 results by swing speed will be forthcoming.

https://mygolfspy.com/best-drivers-2020/

https://mygolfspy.com/2019-most-wanted-driver/

https://mygolfspy.com/2019-most-wanted-driver-high-swing-speed/

https://mygolfspy.com/2019-most-wanted-the-best-drivers-for-mid-swing-speeds/

https://mygolfspy.com/2019-most-wanted-the-best-drivers-for-slow-swing-speeds/

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 4 weeks later...

There is no best driver. Of the top 10 market share brands, TaylorMade is my least favorite, but for a variety of reasons they sell a lot so obviously many people like them. I won't bother with what my favorite driver is (it’s not in my bag), each of us should choose what we think is best - and a fitting may be helpful, though that's more about the shaft (80% according to Club Champion) than the head.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

1 hour ago, Middler said:

There is no best driver. Of the top 10 market share brands, TaylorMade is my least favorite, but for a variety of reasons they sell a lot so obviously many people like them. I won't bother with what my favorite driver is (its' not in my bag), each of us should choose what we think is best - and a fitting may be helpful, though that's more about the shaft (80% according to Club Champion) than the head.

While I have been playing TaylorMade for a while (original RBZ --> M1 (bought for me as gift so can't complain) --> M5 (Given to me by Taylormade after I cracked the face of the M1, so again can't complain). I agree that there is no Best Driver. I firmly believe that most driver heads are good. Sure some sound better (personal opinion), some look better (personal opinion), some swing faster (person swing style), ect, ect... Basically it is a totally personal "Best". What works for you, probably won't work for me type thing. When I first got the M5 I had to go through several shafts to find one that worked with this head. I was moving from the 400cc head up to a 460cc with a different weight system and different standard CG. I think think the same process would have happened with any brand head, but probably would have ended up with a different shaft. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

You will get as many answers as there are different drivers. You might be better served following Foz links , as well as going to the topic of “boom sticks” in the main menu, and there you’ll find a bazillion threads about drivers.

but if you want to skip all that, just get a Ping g400and call it good😚

and in reality, the driver you’ve currently got is no slouch

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes