Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Tour Edge HL4 ironwoods

jswjr

I know the Cobra T-rail / Cleveland HB Turbo /Wilson Launch Pad hybrid irons are all the thing right now.

But was wondering has anyone here hit or playing with the TE HL4 ironwoods?

Tour Edge has been offering hybrid irons for quite awhile now....seems like their offering to this category "should" be pretty good ?

All depends on the person. I haven't used the new ones but the old ones I got a few times. Not a bad club as far as it does what it says on the the tin, but are very big and chunky which they are suppose to be. 

I've seen a lot fair few move into then who want a easier, high launching club that is a fraction of the price from other offerings. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

So I play the Turbo's right now and I tested the Cobra T-rail / TE HL4 ironwoods / Wilson Launch Pad before buying the Turbo's. If I had to rate them it would look like this,

1. Turbo's (Best Shot groups, Looked good at address even though some will disagree any hybrid iron looking good. Was able to get set W/ custom set-up I.E Shafts, grips, and lie angle)

2. TE HL4 ironwoods (was right behind the turbo's, had a different look from the top but that didn't bother me. second tightest groupings of the 4 great feel too)

3. Wilson Launch Pad (shot grouping was a bit sporadic, liked the top line, a lot like the turbo's)

4. Cobra T-rail (Sat a lil high had the worst of the shot groupings of the bunch, thought they were a bit pricey too)

Note: any loft or lie angle changes have to be done from the manufacturer the heads are to big for normal club bending tools.

Ebay has some good sets, usually regular flex graphite in the HL3 and some HL4's...

goodluck and hope this helps

@jswjr

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

If you have a slower swing speed like I do, give the TE Iron Wood a test.  I hit the test club at our local golf shop outdoors last fall, and it's so easy to hit high and straight.  I don't have any TE clubs, but if I was in the market, I would seriously consider them.  I don't have a problem hitting the ball straight, but longer irons lack the height I would like for approach shots.  I actually considered buying the #2 Iron Wood to replace a hybrid.  They are certainly cheap enough to do some experimenting.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, jswjr said:

I know the Cobra T-rail / Cleveland HB Turbo /Wilson Launch Pad hybrid irons are all the thing right now.

But was wondering has anyone here hit or playing with the TE HL4 ironwoods?

Tour Edge has been offering hybrid irons for quite awhile now....seems like their offering to this category "should" be pretty good ?

Ah friend, you have come to the right place. I can say, without exaggeration that if I wasn't picked for the Ping G710 testing, these irons would be in my bag, from 2 to Wedge. I got the opportunity to hit these, the Launcher HB Turbo, and Launch Pad at the NY Golf Expo. I went in wanting Launchers, I left craving HL4. The lofts are a touch more traditional that other offerings in the class, 32* 7 iron compared to 30* in the others, and it just launched off the face. Plus, as mentioned, if cost is a factor and you're aren't looking for super advanced fitting options, or the offerings fit you well, go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Thanks for the info guys !

Just purchased a HL4 ironwood set 4-PW set off of ebay for about half of new price. The clubs looked like they had been played 4 or 5 rounds at the most.

Going to try them out next week(my clubs course is open) and if they work....great and if not I think I can resale them on ebay for pretty close to what I paid