Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

New Srixon Woods in 2020?

adamflowers

Has anyone heard anything about a new line of woods from Srixon later this year? They recently put their current line on sale, and I'm hoping to wait for a new driver.

:mizuno-small: ST 200 9.5°, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

:mizuno-small: ST 200 3w 15°, Diamana S+ 60 S

:srixon-small: Z H85 3h 19°, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 6.0

:taylormade-small: P770 (2017) 4-PW, KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:vokey-small: SM8 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M, KBS Tour S

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Fetch 34"

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

28 minutes ago, adamflowers said:

Has anyone heard anything about a new line of woods from Srixon later this year? They recently put their current line on sale, and I'm hoping to wait for a new driver.

They're pushing the metal woods and irons release into January 2021. Srixon told us the move was planned well before Covid19 related shutdowns, but we've heard conflicting stories about that - it's my guess there's a direct correlation, since existing retail stock is collecting dust at the moment.  Normally the new lineup would have been announced in July/August and released in September, but now it'll be timed to coincide with the PGA Show.

Srixon's a two-year cycle company, so you can expect new metal woods, utility irons and two new iron sets to replace the Z-585 and Z-785 sets. 

For what it's worth, they are going ahead with the new Cleveland RTX wedge release in August/September, as planned. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

They're pushing the metal woods and irons release into January 2021. Srixon told us the move was planned well before Covid19 related shutdowns, but we've heard conflicting stories about that - it's my guess there's a direct correlation, since existing retail stock is collecting dust at the moment.  Normally the new lineup would have been announced in July/August and released in September, but now it'll be timed to coincide with the PGA Show.

Srixon's a two-year cycle company, so you can expect new metal woods, utility irons and two new iron sets to replace the Z-585 and Z-785 sets. 

For what it's worth, they are going ahead with the new Cleveland RTX wedge release in August/September, as planned. 

Awesome, thanks for the information!

:mizuno-small: ST 200 9.5°, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

:mizuno-small: ST 200 3w 15°, Diamana S+ 60 S

:srixon-small: Z H85 3h 19°, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 6.0

:taylormade-small: P770 (2017) 4-PW, KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:vokey-small: SM8 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M, KBS Tour S

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Fetch 34"

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I figured that something new was coming.  I'm going for a long game fitting a little later this year ( Drive, FW and hybrid/driving iron) and with the Cobra F9 and these so well discounted, i'm going to look at those, as well as the new Mizunos and maybe something else. 

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour