Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Rukket Sports Haack Golf Net and Tri-Turf Mat

adamflowers

UPDATE 7/8/20: After a few months of nearly everyday usage, I finally made a hole in the netting. Like I said, I use the net almost everyday, and I don't treat it with much care (leave it out in the rain, etc.). I am extremely pleased that the net has lasted this long without a single tear, so I would not let this discourage anyone form purchasing it. I'm just updating the post with how long it took for a SINGLE hole to appear.

Hey Everyone,

Back for another review of part of my quarantine setup. Today I'll be reviewing the Haack Golf Net and the Tri-Turf Mat, both made by Rukket Sports. As of the writing of this review, all golf nets appear to be sold out on their website, so it's clearly been a hot quarantine item. Just to clarify, this is NOT a review of the Haack Golf Net Pro.

Additionally, it appears that MyGolfSpy was unable to procure this specific net for their Best Net 2020 list, so I thought I’d add my input.

First off, this is my first net made specifically for golf, but I grew up using a lot of portable nets for baseball. The first thing I noticed about the net and mat was the size of the carrying case: small and relatively thin. The carrying case zips up and hold all of the requisite equipment for setup, INCLUDING THE TRI-TURF MAT. That feature alone is very welcome, and I underestimated how nice it would be.

Setup:

The net includes a brief instruction sheet that appears lacking in detail but is relatively easy to follow. In my experience, the setup is easy and intuitive. Once I set the net up once, I was able to break it down and rebuild it without looking at the instructions again. The process is quite fast, too! I can easily set it up or break it down in 2-3 minutes. The tri-turf mat folds nicely into a compact shape, as well.

Placement:

The net comes with stakes to hold it down, but I’m using it on concrete, so I haven’t had to use them. When setup, the net feels sturdy, and I had no problems with wind blowing it around (although I wasn’t using it in the windiest of settings). I placed the tri-turf mat around 8ft from the net.

IMG_2453.thumb.jpeg.d28cb4c497805e095bcb39118652a3ac.jpeg

Performance:

Overall, the net does what it’s intended to do well: stop golf balls. I hit every club in the bag, and the net held up great with each one. For my money, the ONLY downside of this net is the lack of ability to catch balls without them hitting the ground and rolling back to you. Often, this won’t matter because it will be used on a soft surface like grass. Because I am using it on concrete, however, the balls coming off of the net are easily scuffed. To fix this, I placed a bit of cardboard under the net to help soften the balls’ landings. This has worked relatively well, but, if you’re using it on a hard surface, you MUST use something to dampen the impact of the ball coming off the net!

Like the net, the tri-turf mat is of high quality. It has three difference types of simulated grass: rough and two tight lies. You are able to place driver tees into the mat, too. The bottom of the mat is padded, and when I placed it on the concrete and hit balls, it still felt soft and did not slide. My only gripes with the mat are that the edges can get damaged if they are hit with a club (thanks inconsistent swing!) and I wasn’t sure what the practical differences of the two fairway lies were.

Overall, I don’t think I could be happier with my purchase. The most important qualities for me EASE OF SETUP AND TAKE DOWN and STURDINESS. I was initially dreading setting up and taking down a flimsy net, but the reality couldn’t be farther from the truth. The mat, too, is a great added value and looks to be of the same high-quality construction as the net. Whenever these come back in stock, I would HIGHLY recommend a purchase.

Edited by adamflowers
Updated Information

:mizuno-small: ST 200 9.5°, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

:mizuno-small: ST 200 3w 15°, Diamana S+ 60 S

:srixon-small: Z H85 3h 19°, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 6.0

:taylormade-small: P770 (2017) 4-PW, KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:vokey-small: SM8 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M, KBS Tour S

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Fetch 34"

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Looks great.... what size is it?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Looks great.... what size is it?

10ft wide x 7ft high x 3ft deep

Great review - I echo your sentiments on this net as I've had mine about 1 1/2 years now.  Very easy to assemble and disassemble and the netting feels thick and of high quality. 

Also, with you on wishing it stopped balls within the net a bit better, as I too usually am hitting off a concrete surface of some sort and cannot justify buying turf or another mat just to stop golf balls.  I'll have to keep a larger box next time to help dampen the affect.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

nice set up... 8 feet away and 10 feet wide... just enough room for my hosel rocket to sneek by on the right 🤣

After hitting every club do you feel like you can practice all shots other than something like a flop shot? or do you feel nervous hitting higher lofted clubs or driver or anything like that?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I have been looking at this mat for my quarantine needs, and wasn't sure if it would hold up especially with a driver. Thanks for the review and I will definitely be ordering one so I can at least hit golf balls in my backyard why I see other people on Instagram golfing and wish I lived in their state.

Driver:  :taylormade-small: 2016 9.5º M2 w/ Diamana Kai'li 70X

3W: :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Fujikura Motore F1 7X

3H: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 20º Pro w/ Aldila Tour Green 85S

DI: :nike-small: Vapor Fly Pro 2 iron with Fujikura Pro 95S

4i: :srixon-small: ZX 4 utility w/ recoil 95S

Irons:  :srixon-small: ZX7 5-P w/ PX LZ 6.0

Wedges:  :vokey-small: Raw SM7 52.08 F bent to 50º, :cleveland-small: 54º Mid bent to 55, 58º Mid bent to 60 w/ DG TI Spinner

Putter:   Compass Golf Co Custom Face Balanced Blade

Ball:  :taylormade-small: TP5X

All I can see are the houses and windows around the net.   Great setup,  but I would be so afraid I would either miss the net or after lots of use hit a ball through the net.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

nice set up... 8 feet away and 10 feet wide... just enough room for my hosel rocket to sneek by on the right 🤣
After hitting every club do you feel like you can practice all shots other than something like a flop shot? or do you feel nervous hitting higher lofted clubs or driver or anything like that?

I feel completely confident with all my shots, except the flop as you said! I still have plenty of room to move closer to the net on those days I’m shanking everything!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

All I can see are the houses and windows around the net.   Great setup,  but I would be so afraid I would either miss the net or after lots of use hit a ball through the net.  

That’s the great thing about quick takedown: I break a window and I’m out of there in two minutes haha

I feel completely confident with all my shots, except the flop as you said! I still have plenty of room to move closer to the net on those days I’m shanking everything!

Awesome. I’m going to need to get myself something if the closures continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

That’s the great thing about quick takedown: I break a window and I’m out of there in two minutes haha

Just make sure you don’t use any balls that can be identified as yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got one of these and finished setting it up 30 minutes ago. Did some test shots to make sure I wouldn't hit over the net, and that was successfully. And just to be safe, I pointed the net in the direction of a barn that is behind my fence. The barn is on someone else's property, but rarely do I ever see anyone going in there. 

On a side note, even after living in my house for 4 years, I still find it strange that there is a barn right behind my house, given I live in the suburbs. Our area is not rural at all anymore.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I have the same setup, net on concrete, and I bought a $20 tarp from Amazon which I put at the bottom of the net to catch balls. Now, only 1/10 shots aren't caught by the tarp and come rolling back at me.

9* Epic Max LS 9* ADDI 6X

3W F9 ADDI 7X / 2i MP20 HMB AD DI 85S

3-PW MP20 Mixed (3,4 HMB; 5-PW MCC) KBS $Taper

50, 54, 58 RTX4

New putter each round until I stop sucking

Srixon Zstar Yellow

Here is a gif that I made of my wife spying on me while using the Haack net. Hopefully this shows the space that is required.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Great net. Had it for a couple years and really enjoyed it. Sold it before I moved since I knew I'd be moving into an apartment and wouldn't have a place to set it up. Some sort of blanket or sleeping bag works great at the bottom to keep balls from running off on you.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I used to do reviews for Rukket, they make amazing products! I have a few of their baseball items now that I'm coaching little league and they are equally as great!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

I too just recently received my Rukket Haack Net with Tri Turf.  Yes very easy to set up and break down.  I do use it on grass so balls won't bounce off the ground.  The Tri turf is a nice addition but I noticed that it can move quite a bit when hitting fat shots.  I haven't used driver just yet cause I really want to save the net as I've seen reviews that the net would tear over a period of time.  I've had the net now for 2 weeks and have used it almost every day.  I do use the net along with my Zepp Golf Sensor and with my Garmin G80 and it's pretty awesome!  I did order a Motivo Golf StrikeDown Dual Turf Mat so that I can hit off an even hitting surface.  At the moment I'm cutting some holes in an old bed sheet so I can attach it to the net so I can prolong the life of the net and to hit a driver into it as well 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this net recently (got it just over  a week ago) and have hit maybe 600 shots into it. The area at the mid to top looks fine (where I hit my 5i-60*), but the lower portion where my long irons, 3 wood, and driver hit looks to be fraying already. None of the stands are actually broken yet, but I am worried that they will fail soon. I have a stronger net that I was planning to use in my yard but have been hitting exclusively into the Haack net to fully test it before using it out in the work (like my works parking lot or something). I attached a photo of the top section and then the lower section so you can see what I mean about starting to fray. (White net behind the Haack Net in the photos is an Archery Backstop that I have hit about 3,000+ shots into so far with no wear showing) All shots hit from 8-12ft from net..

IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

1 hour ago, The 19th Hole said:

I bought this net recently (got it just over  a week ago) and have hit maybe 600 shots into it. The area at the mid to top looks fine (where I hit my 5i-60*), but the lower portion where my long irons, 3 wood, and driver hit looks to be fraying already. None of the stands are actually broken yet, but I am worried that they will fail soon.

I don't recall what my net looked like before I sold it, but I never had a problem. It'd be worth sending Rukket an email. I've never dealt with their customer service myself, but I've heard good things. They should be able to let you know if it's a cause for concern and get you squared away if so.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

15 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I don't recall what my net looked like before I sold it, but I never had a problem. It'd be worth sending Rukket an email. I've never dealt with their customer service myself, but I've heard good things. They should be able to let you know if it's a cause for concern and get you squared away if so.

I emailed them those same photos and just got a form email back with a link to the warranty program. They responded in about 12 hrs so pretty fast in my opinion (good start). I didn't submit any formal claims yet since it has not technically broken, but if it does I will file for one and leave an update for how the warranty process goes. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Love the net I have the same. The only problem I have with it is definitely doesnt help when it comes to a skied driver haha. One issue I have had is with the trimat, I chewed through that thing in a month. The fairway portion started having pencil eraser sized chunks come up and it's clearly worn in the middle. Now I will say Rukket customer service has been great about it and sent me a new one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 1 year later...