Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

When will golf resume in most of the world?

viking

Good morning everyone. Most golf courses are shutdown.

When do you think most or all will open up?

Will it be this year or next?

Seems like a lot of experts, health officials and researchers believe thee will be  a second wave in the fall that kind of makes it a good possibility no golf this year in Canada and Northern US, why open up for a month or so?

Stay safe everyone and please be respectful and not argumentative, just provide your view point and wishes.

We all love golf here.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

Somewhere close to 50% of courses are open in the US and that’s gone up with NY allowing private clubs to open. With states starting to open things up slowly we will probably see more courses opening sooner rather than later.

NY had its courses open while being able to flatten the curve it was only about 2 weeks ago they decided to close them despite nyc getting thru it’s peak while not overrunning hospitals

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Yes I read that as well on golf.com. For sure US will open faster than Canada, we will be more conservative and cautious in this.

Very surprised with well over 20K deaths in NY that golf courses would be open.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

7 minutes ago, viking said:

Yes I read that as well on golf.com. For sure US will open faster than Canada, we will be more conservative and cautious in this.

The vast majority of those deaths occurred in and around nyc. Golf courses are no different than other open areas. It’s easy to social distance and avoid a lot of human contact. Some courses around the US are walking only. The ones that are using carts limit it to 1 person per cart, they wipe carts down after each use, the cups have been either inverted, raised up or had something like a swim noodle put inside so that none had to touch the cup or flag. Tee times were spread out further than normal.

Clubhouses were closed other than for staff, you paid by phone so you never had to interact with the staff. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Yes RickyBobby courses here are sending out those same rules (no playing here yet) and I agree wtih you.

I person per cart s/b wiped down, person has to bring their own lysol or hand sanitizer, no ball washers, no washrooms on the course, raised cup, many are no cash as well in clubhouse, pro shop and cart girl, can't touch any food or beverage on the cart, no clubhouse restaurant, only 1-3 people allowed in the proshop at one time, can only arrive 10 minutes before your tee time, no holes or pins on the putting green, can't look for balls in the woods or ponds, can't pick up found lost balls, pins stay in. Sure changes the game.

Wonder when or if ever we will go back to how it was always done? Looks like governments may force people to take a vacine before they allow them back to work and to go out in public.

Viking , where in Canada are you? I’m in Alberta. Seems to be a lot of new discussions now about opening up some parts of the economy.
Saskatchewan is unveiling their 5 step plan tomorrow according to the news.
Seems like Alberta is being almost overly cautious, spoke with a golf pro last week and they are hopefully mid May early June’s

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

25 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

Viking , where in Canada are you? I’m in Alberta. Seems to be a lot of new discussions now about opening up some parts of the economy.
Saskatchewan is unveiling their 5 step plan tomorrow according to the news.
Seems like Alberta is being almost overly cautious, spoke with a golf pro last week and they are hopefully mid May early June’s

Winnipeg Jmullin. Say you guys have several thousand golfers (5 I think) who signed a petition to open up the courses and declare it an essential service per the news I was watching a few days ago.

In Arizona golf is considered an essential service and is open.

In Manitoba only one course will have staff cleaning the on course washrooms so they will be open all others are closing the on course washroom and removing all ball washers, why not just have hand sanitizer there and it seems some courses are requiring golfers to carry their own hand sanitizer or wipes as well.

Good news at that course (Carman) they will not be forcing 4 somes they will not be budding up 1, 2 or 3 some to make a 4some. Not that they ever did before but there is one course in Manitoba (BelAcres which did do this all the time), nice course but hated the forced foursomes, they never really lasted on the course anyway as the groups broke up and went their own ways because the two some or three some usually were friends who wanted to play by themselves and talk.

News and all provincial health offices are also expecting a second wave of covid 19 in early fall or so, of that is the case will Canadian courses (except BC) really open up for maybe month or so?

I am also really nervous with all this talk of mandatory testing of world population and mandatory vaccine on news and talk shows by experts. I want the cure discovered now not the vaccine, I know a vaccine is preventative but it does not help the people who have it now or before the cure is found. I am all for other vacines (measles chicken pox, polio etc.), never did the flu vaccine like most people, so not too crazy about a covid 19 vaccine, what if they get it wrong, what if it is used for nefarious purposes? Way to many greedy big pharma (especially US companies) and untrustworthy governments and people out there now wanting to force this on people.

Edited by viking

JBmullin starting last week we now have 40 public safety officers plus health inspectors, and police roving all around Winnipeg making sure people are physical distancing, and retail businesses as well, First 2 days it was warnings now it is fines $500 per person and $2,500 per business per occurrence. We fortunately are one of the least affected cases and deaths in the country (257 cases, 97 active, 6 deaths for our total population of 1M for the Province, 700k for the capital city, Winnipeg).

Edited by viking

JBmullin starting last week we now have 40 public safety officers plus health inspectors, and police roving all around Winnipeg making sure people are physical distancing, and retail businesses as well, First 2 days it was warnings now it is fines $500 per person and $2,500 per business per occurrence. We fortunately are one of the least affected cases and deaths in the country (257 cases, 97 active, 6 deaths for our total population of 1M for the Province, 700k for the capital city, Winnipeg).

Saskatchewan just announced they are opening golf May 14, and B.C. has allowed courses to open. Quebec is announcing now plans to re open .. thinking it won’t be long for the rest of us to start seeing some plans

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

8 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

Saskatchewan just announced they are opening golf May 14, and B.C. has allowed courses to open. Quebec is announcing now plans to re open .. thinking it won’t be long for the rest of us to start seeing some plans

Sask. is similar to Man in covid. Our health officer seems more cautious in future gradual slow staged openings. Will not be all at once here at all he and the Premier have stated that.

Very surprised at Quebec as they have almost all of the cases in Canada. You guys are like 4th in Canada for cases and deaths, wonder why your Province is worse than BC, with BC being on the coast and larger population would have thought they would be more susceptible.

When all could exercise discipline , not to go to public places when there is any doubt of being infected ( which is not going to happen ).

When the ones cross the line of exercising caution be held responsible for their action ( which is also not going to happen ).

When the politicians will do the right thing instead of making the popular decision ( which is almost not possible since they always ride the wave of popularity ).

Stopping the virus from the start is much easier than trying to patch up a bleeding wound with band aid.   This type of outbreak will come in string in the future, for sure.   To completely stop the commerce for 3-4 weeks from the get go certainly would have been a wiser choice, and the damage to the economy would have been much less than trying to do the patching up. 

Vaccine will not be a cure-all for this virus, it's with us.

I still believe golfing is much safer than getting in line for the grocery stores.  But, there might be some hidden reason for our leaders to deem golfing is not essential but opening barbershops and beauty salon is...................... 

Edited by release

Sask. is similar to Man in covid. Our health officer seems more cautious in future gradual slow staged openings. Will not be all at once here at all he and the Premier have stated that.
Very surprised at Quebec as they have almost all of the cases in Canada. You guys are like 4th in Canada for cases and deaths, wonder why your Province is worse than BC, with BC being on the coast and larger population would have thought they would be more susceptible.

Alberta is testing a crazy number of people daily , think the last stat I seen we have the highest number of testing in Canada. Also a couple significant outbreaks in communities around Calgary at meat packing plants have really inflated the numbers.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Alberta is open May 4th, with clubhouse and pro shops may.14th potentially

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe