Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Adams 9088 LD and LS

I know this is slated for a July 1 release date, but I was wondering if anyone had any info, and better still some Spy pics?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

Can't conform I am going to be able to get these today though. These have been more tightly guarded then previous releases from Adams. I think my sources are being compromised ;) It took them a few years but they are slowly putting the heat on them one by one.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Still in the works...but I think you might REALLY like what I am working on.

Should have pics soon...BUT...we also might be giving the first one away to a MGS reader. Not a definite...but I think I am going to be able to get my hands on one...and would love for one of you to win it!

#TruthDigest

Now that would be sweet! Always like the early release pics and even better when it's in your bag! :lol:

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Still in the works...but I think you might REALLY like what I am working on.

Should have pics soon...BUT...we also might be giving the first one away to a MGS reader. Not a definite...but I think I am going to be able to get my hands on one...and would love for one of you to win it!

Ooooohhhh ME ME ME ME!!! I think I'm the biggest Adams Ho on the board, so I deserve to win it... Plus it'd be a great wedding gift for me from all of you.... Hey, sounds good to me, let me have my moment.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

LMAO! First I got to get my hands on it. Will hopefully know by this weekend...but the latest by Tuesday sometime.

Ooooohhhh ME ME ME ME!!! I think I'm the biggest Adams Ho on the board, so I deserve to win it... Plus it'd be a great wedding gift for me from all of you.... Hey, sounds good to me, let me have my moment.

#TruthDigest

youre the biggest equipment ho period, doesnt have to be Adams, Mr. 8 drivers a year

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

youre the biggest equipment ho period, doesnt have to be Adams, Mr. 8 drivers a year

11 this year, thank you very much. 5 were Adams too, I think... Let's see:

9032LS

9015d

Tour Issue 9064LS

9064LS DFS

Tour Issue Speedline Classic

Others:

Titleist 910d3

Titleist 910d2

Nike VR Str8fit

Tour Issue Nike SQ Tour

TMag R11

Tour Issue TMag SuperDeep

Sorry, that's 11, not 9 like I originally posted. And I think I really like this R11 but I really wanted to like the 9064. I loved my 9032 but it lost it's mojo. That and my swing fell apart. I want an all Adams bag, just can't get everything to perform for me.

And I don't want to hear it, you've won more stuff in the last year than I ever have. My big "win"? The half dozen Pentas that EVERYONE that entered got, at least it seems.

Besides, our wedding is the 21st and this would coincide well with that date.

In The Bag

11 this year, thank you very much. 5 were Adams too, I think... Let's see:

9032LS

9015d

Tour Issue 9064LS

9064LS DFS

Tour Issue Speedline Classic

Others:

Titleist 910d3

Titleist 910d2

Nike VR Str8fit

Tour Issue Nike SQ Tour

TMag R11

Tour Issue TMag SuperDeep

Sorry, that's 11, not 9 like I originally posted. And I think I really like this R11 but I really wanted to like the 9064. I loved my 9032 but it lost it's mojo. That and my swing fell apart. I want an all Adams bag, just can't get everything to perform for me.

And I don't want to hear it, you've won more stuff in the last year than I ever have. My big "win"? The half dozen Pentas that EVERYONE that entered got, at least it seems.

Besides, our wedding is the 21st and this would coincide well with that date.

I don't see the F11 on that list.... That head looks like poo, but paired with the right shaft... Money.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I don't see the F11 on that list.... That head looks like poo, but paired with the right shaft... Money.

You're right, I left that one off, so it was 12 total with half being Adams, because I had one at 10.5 degrees with a Grafalloy Epic T75 in it too.

I'm not counting the scramble club I built either, cause that's all it's for.

In The Bag

You're right, I left that one off, so it was 12 total with half being Adams, because I had one at 10.5 degrees with a Grafalloy Epic T75 in it too.

I'm not counting the scramble club I built either, cause that's all it's for.

That is too many drivers... And I thought that I had a problem...

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

That is too many drivers... And I thought that I had a problem...

You'd think I'd know it was operator error. It was mostly, and the other part was finding a head I was comfortable looking down at. Like I said, I loved the 9032LS, but once I hit it bad, it lost it's mojo and I was sick of looking down at it.

Hey, at least I can say I never invested one dime of my own into any of them after the 9032LS I bought last year. I sold the 9032 and from what I made selling it (it had a Tour Issued gold F7M2 LTD in it, which made it an easier sell for more money) I kept trading around until I got to the R11. Once I got to the Titleist stuff, I actually made money, buying the 910d3 with very very light use at a local store for what they had in it when taking it on trade plus $10 and buying the Whiteboard a kid brought into another store with the funds I had left over because his dad bought it for him and he didn't like it, then trading that head for the d2. Then I traded the d2 with the Whiteboard straight up for the R11 and 2 shafts, one of which I sold because it didn't work (TP Fubuki). All in all, I ended up making around $75 to get to the R11, which as long as I broke even every time I was happy. I would've only made around $10 had it not been for selling the Fubuki that didn't work for me.

I'm a club ho, what can I say. I have plans on sticking to the R11 the rest of the season unless I get my hands on the 9088.

I'm working on finding the "it" putter now though.... Which is a whole other saga...

In The Bag

You'd think I'd know it was operator error. It was mostly, and the other part was finding a head I was comfortable looking down at. Like I said, I loved the 9032LS, but once I hit it bad, it lost it's mojo and I was sick of looking down at it.

Hey, at least I can say I never invested one dime of my own into any of them after the 9032LS I bought last year. I sold the 9032 and from what I made selling it (it had a Tour Issued gold F7M2 LTD in it, which made it an easier sell for more money) I kept trading around until I got to the R11. Once I got to the Titleist stuff, I actually made money, buying the 910d3 with very very light use at a local store for what they had in it when taking it on trade plus $10 and buying the Whiteboard a kid brought into another store with the funds I had left over because his dad bought it for him and he didn't like it, then trading that head for the d2. Then I traded the d2 with the Whiteboard straight up for the R11 and 2 shafts, one of which I sold because it didn't work (TP Fubuki). All in all, I ended up making around $75 to get to the R11, which as long as I broke even every time I was happy. I would've only made around $10 had it not been for selling the Fubuki that didn't work for me.

I'm a club ho, what can I say. I have plans on sticking to the R11 the rest of the season unless I get my hands on the 9088.

I'm working on finding the "it" putter now though.... Which is a whole other saga...

Sounds like you did well. If you ever figure out the putter, let me know. I'm more desperate than an ugly girl on Prom night.

Sounds like you did well. If you ever figure out the putter, let me know. I'm more desperate than an ugly girl on Prom night.

It's always tough finding a putter, for me at least. I have to find a headshape that fits me. It has to be centershafted, try as I might to make other things work (and lord knows I have). It has to be face balanced. I prefer a smaller headshape instead of the larger mallets (SeeMore FGP sized). It also has to feel right (which also includes the sound at impact). It can't feel mushy, that's for sure, and why no Odyssey I've ever tried has felt right, regardless of it it looks right. I want a Newport 2.6, but the right deal hasn't popped up for me. I've actually found a putter I love, but I'm not paying $399 for the Private Reserve SeeMore M7 they have at the local Golfsmith. The face milling is incredible, it has a copper insert and feels and sounds right. Would it be a honeymoon? Probably, but it felt good in the store (they don't have an outdoor green, which sucks because I'd much prefer to putt with one I'm going to drop serious coin on outdoors).

I've been waiting on LaMont to make a design that looks like it'd be exactly what I want that he could CS. A few have been very close, but none that look just perfect, yet. I've looked at Byrons, sent Gene Nead an email about possibly doing a CS mini (waiting on his response still), asked Chris at Machine about their modular centershaft, etc. Nothing I've found, yet, has been "the one". I'm also about to buy a Corza Ghost CS because I've banged putts in from all over on the indoor green at the PGA TSS, even if it is an ugly putter and I haven't hit it outdoors. I'm also thinking about a CS TMag Spider (both ghost and regular). They're large, though, and I've never liked a large putter. I think if Scotty would ever CS one of the Squarebacks I'd probably spooge myself, cause I loved that head size, feel, etc, but the #1 is as close as I'd get to a CS Squareback without sending it to LaMont or Slighter for a chop and weld job. Then, I'd want it blackened with either a black PVD shaft or a custom UST FF shaft. (Pssst... Don, if you're listening, get on this please).

In The Bag

• SPY VIP

Most likely will get it today...will take pics and then will be working on a possible contest to give away maybe next week!?!?

:adams-small:

#TruthDigest

You never cease to amaze me. Do you need my mailing address?

In The Bag

Hey at least I can compare it to everything on the market, lol. I've already owned two of the big 3's offerings and have hit Callaway's latest offerings in both retail and tour issue versions. It'd be good feedback. And hey, I'm a sucker for Adams gear anyway. Is that an Oban Devotion or Matrix Radix that's in it?

In The Bag

Check the main site blog, they were put up yesterday.

In The Bag

Sweet looking driver.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

That is a sweet looking driver, maybe it will find a home in Philly, Pa???? B)

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

I hit this today at the Demo Day at our shop. The 9088 UL comes stock with a 45g Radix shaft. Looks like an F11 at address with a much better finish. I felt the shaft was a little light for me... I only took about 5-10 swings with it. A solid improvement over the 9064.. IMO.

The big winner at the demo day was the new MB2 iron. SICK. I already have a set on order. July 15 CANNOT get here fast enough.

So how long is the contest for the 9088 running?

In The Bag

I don't know but I believe it will be in my bag soon....lol

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X