Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

COLORADO COURSE RECOMMENDATIONS

eschultz406

Spies,

I moved to Colorado about two years ago. I haven't been able to get out and play as many courses as I'd like. But I was wondering if there are any Colorado golfers or golfers that have played in Colorado willing to provide some course recommendations that I can check out this summer? I look forward to hearing from y'all. 

:ping-small: G400 SFT 

:taylormade-small: SLDR 3Wood

:ping-small: G400 4Hybrid

:ping-small: i210 Orange Dot 5-PW KBS Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small:Hi-Toe 52/56/58

:taylormade-small:Mullen 2 Putter

Depending on where you are, @downlowkey @HighFade and @PokeForeLyfe seem to have a pretty good read of the area. 

I've never played out there so I can't help you on specific suggestions but I'm sure it's nice to see the ball fly forever. Did you move there from sea level?

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

2 hours ago, eschultz406 said:

Spies,

I moved to Colorado about two years ago. I haven't been able to get out and play as many courses as I'd like. But I was wondering if there are any Colorado golfers or golfers that have played in Colorado willing to provide some course recommendations that I can check out this summer? I look forward to hearing from y'all. 

The Denver area has some of the best golf courses anywhere, I think. Have played a bunch of them - personal favorites are Fossil Trace in Golden - some say it's kind of gimmicky, but it sure is fun. Also love Murphy Creek, Green Valley Ranch, Bear Creek, Meadow Hills, Arrowhead and Red Hawk Ridge. I got very lucky one day and got to play the Sanctuary - it's crazy good. 

Played a few courses in the mountains, too -- Raven, Grand Lake and a few others. The one I didn't like was Gypsum Creek, but I played crappy that day, so it doesn't really count.  Further west I LOVE Redlands Mesa. 

I'm probably missing a few, but seriously - other than the day at Gypsum Creek - I've never had a bad day of golf in Colorado. And the altitude makes me feel 20 years younger!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

19 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Depending on where you are, @downlowkey @HighFade and @PokeForeLyfe seem to have a pretty good read of the area. 

I've never played out there so I can't help you on specific suggestions but I'm sure it's nice to see the ball fly forever. Did you move there from sea level?

I did. I moved to Colorado from Texas. It sure is nice to get that added yardage. 

18 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

The Denver area has some of the best golf courses anywhere, I think. Have played a bunch of them - personal favorites are Fossil Trace in Golden - some say it's kind of gimmicky, but it sure is fun. Also love Murphy Creek, Green Valley Ranch, Bear Creek, Meadow Hills, Arrowhead and Red Hawk Ridge. I got very lucky one day and got to play the Sanctuary - it's crazy good. 

Played a few courses in the mountains, too -- Raven, Grand Lake and a few others. The one I didn't like was Gypsum Creek, but I played crappy that day, so it doesn't really count.  Further west I LOVE Redlands Mesa. 

I'm probably missing a few, but seriously - other than the day at Gypsum Creek - I've never had a bad day of golf in Colorado. And the altitude makes me feel 20 years younger!

Thank you for the recommendations! I live really close to Fossil Trace and I've been told I need to check it out so that's at the top of the list. I'll report back when I play a few. 

20 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

We need to get you out here for some golf @GolfSpy STUDque!

18 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

That list is a pretty good start and you should definitely reach out next time your in town @GolfSpy Barbajo.

15 minutes ago, eschultz406 said:

I did. I moved to Colorado from Texas. It sure is nice to get that added yardage. 

Welcome to the area and also to MGS!

I'm a fellow Tex-pat (Austin) and it feels like playing underwater, teeing it up back home. The ball also flies much straighter up here.

Fortunately, the Denver Metro offers walks to suit every taste.

Tillinghast is my all time favorite and since you get privileges that come from being in the biz, put in a friendly call to Lakewood CC and Denver CC.

Underrated Old School: Wellshire, Hyland Hills (Gold), Fox Hollow.

My regular haunts on the Northside: Riverdale Dunes, Walnut Creek, Colorado National.

I'm just outside Boulder (Coal Creek is my home track) and always happy to tee it up with a fellow Spy.

See you around the forum... or perhaps out on the links.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

15 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

We need to get you out here for some golf @GolfSpy STUDque!

That list is a pretty good start and you should definitely reach out next time your in town @GolfSpy Barbajo.

Welcome to the area and also to MGS!

I'm a fellow Tex-pat (Austin) and it feels like playing underwater, teeing it up back home. The ball also flies much straighter up here.

Fortunately, the Denver Metro offers walks to suit every taste.

Tillinghast is my all time favorite and since you get privileges that come from being in the biz, put in a friendly call to Lakewood CC and Denver CC.

Underrated Old School: Wellshire, Hyland Hills (Gold), Fox Hollow.

My regular haunts on the Northside: Riverdale Dunes, Walnut Creek, Colorado National.

I'm just outside Boulder (Coal Creek is my home track) and always happy to tee it up with a fellow Spy.

See you around the forum... or perhaps out on the links.

That would be awesome to tee it up some time! I've play Riverdale Dunes, Walnut Creek, and Colorado National and loved all three! Coal Creek is another great track. I'll have to check out the other recommendations. 

If you're willing to go south a bit there are some great ones too! Like Bear Dance, the Ridge at Castle Pines, and Red Hawk Ridge are just a couple of the top of my head. 

Driver: default_ping-small.jpg.95a2cf8c85873f0a79fb311d7f621d92.jpg G400 LST 8.5* Ping Tour XStiff 75

3 Wood: default_ping-small.jpg.39550578296a163fa7ccc46a0cb27d2e.jpg G400 14.5* Ping Tour XStiff 75

3 Hybrid: default_ping-small.jpg.f2975e1509dcae8d618fe49773a94fc2.jpg G410 19* Ping Tour XStiff 85

Irons: default_ping-small.jpg.b0f83f94f6d460c23cc6609e6995ee11.jpg i200 +1 1/2" White Dot 4-UW Dynamic Gold x100 

Wedges: default_ping-small.jpg.cdb6aad6be507e60e71a43062e8f93d4.jpg Glide 2.0 56* ss and 60* ss

Putters: default_ping-small.jpg.a0884fda9b5a5daecfefc5ab08abe983.jpg Sigma G 36"            

Ball: default_titelist-small.jpg.7db92f29ef0a3b310b355d25afde58cd.jpg Pro V1

Edited by dmc1368

default_ping-small.jpg.95a2cf8c85873f0a79fb311d7f621d92.jpg G400 LST 8.5* Ping Tour XStiff 75

default_ping-small.jpg.39550578296a163fa7ccc46a0cb27d2e.jpg G400 14.5* Ping Tour XStiff 75

default_ping-small.jpg.f2975e1509dcae8d618fe49773a94fc2.jpg G410 19* Ping Tour XStiff 85

default_ping-small.jpg.b0f83f94f6d460c23cc6609e6995ee11.jpg i200 +1 1/2" White Dot 4-UW Dynamic Gold x100 Midsize grips

default_titelist-small.jpg.7db92f29ef0a3b310b355d25afde58cd.jpg Vokey SM7 54* and 58* +1 1/2" 2* upright Midsize grips

Unknown.png.e71cfad6b1b6b7764cca93439ec68768.png Scotty Cameron Newport

default_titelist-small.jpg.7db92f29ef0a3b310b355d25afde58cd.jpg Pro V1

• 3 weeks later...

I’m a little farther south. Closer to Colorado Springs, but denver does have most of the good ones.

Arrowhead (play around massive rock formations - great views)

Red Hawk ridge (for those who love elevation changes - and the views)

Green Valley Ranch (tough, long, but lots of fun)

Pelican Lakes (hidden gem way up north)

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

• 3 weeks later...

Fellow Coloradan here.  Love most of those courses and have gotten lucky enough to play a couple of the privates too, Cherry Hills, CGC.  All great and love some of the municipals as well. +1 to Murphy creek.

Enjoy the distance!

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver Second hand (looking for a new driver)

:taylormade-small: M2 Tour 3-wood (savior club)

:taylormade-small: M1 Irons 5-PW

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy wedges inherited from my Father-in-Law 52,56,60

:ping-small: Tyne 2 Straight Arc

:Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos: 

• 1 month later...

Agree with stevens24.  But of all those, Red Hawk prob is the best value.  Scenic views, dramatic elevation changes, and cheaper fees

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder