TESTERS WANTED! ×

Evenflow Driver Shafts

Eagleputt2008

Just curious of who is playing Evenflow shafts in their drivers out there. What model, weight,flex, and what driver head setup are you rolling with? Got to try the black 6.5 75g in a 410LST and I must say it seems like a bomber! Didn’t get a chance to see the numbers on LM but the flight was something special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious of who is playing Evenflow shafts in their drivers out there. What model, weight,flex, and what driver head setup are you rolling with? Got to try the black 6.5 75g in a 410LST and I must say it seems like a bomber! Didn’t get a chance to see the numbers on LM but the flight was something special.

They are all great feeling and producing shafts. I’m really close to pulling the trigger on a black 65g but I’m torn on 6.5 or 6.0. I have a yellow Hzrdus in my G400LST.

What are you swinging right now?
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

They are all great feeling and producing shafts. I’m really close to pulling the trigger on a black 65g but I’m torn on 6.5 or 6.0. I have a yellow Hzrdus in my G400LST.

What are you swinging right now?

I’m currently in a EF white T1100 65 6.5 in a Ping 410, but really felt like I had better tempo and found the middle of the face with a 75 g black EF. Tip stiff shafts have always been my friend in the driver. I’d love to try the black on a monitor to see what it’s spinning like, looked low to me but it went forever

1 hour ago, Eagleputt2008 said:

I’m currently in a EF white T1100 65 6.5 in a Ping 410, but really felt like I had better tempo and found the middle of the face with a 75 g black EF. Tip stiff shafts have always been my friend in the driver. I’d love to try the black on a monitor to see what it’s spinning like, looked low to me but it went forever

The black is going to be softer than the white. The black and blue are great shafts and the main difference is the black has a slightly stiffer tip.

i played the blue for about a month before it was released to the public and most of the time I liked it but with my quick transition if I was a little off the feel was a little boardy and felt like I needed to go after it.  

the even flow line is great and it’s nice to see it grow with the riptide offering. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, Eagleputt2008 said:

Keep us posted on what you choose

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I'm playing the Blue 6.0 65g cut to 44.75" with a TM M5 head. I love the shaft. So much so I have the same for my 3 wood and and 85g hybrid version for my CBX119.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I’m playing the Even flow 6.0 stiff 75 gram in my Ping G410 plus: I’ve posted a couple times about my experience so far after about 10 rounds... Long story short I’m a fan of this shaft!

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

I've got an EF White 75 6.5 I played in a M3 for a while.  It's an amazingly smooth shaft that can stand up to anything I can throw at it.  I had the black in a Rogue 15* 3w, but it never worked out for me.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

When I was looking at drivers last year I first hit the evenflow blue in a rogue driver and really liked it.

Then I hit F9, M5 and others with the evenflow and we found the evenflow black and M5 were a nice match for me.

Fast forward to today and I have an M5 with Tensei Pro White (which I was fit for at True Spec, who unfortunately does not have PX shafts) and an evenflow blue. I’m thinking about picking up a black so I can compare it to the Tensei once the driving range opens up but there’s something so smooth about the blue with dry swings. I might even prefer it to the Tensei.

I can’t wait for the range to open up so I can hit some balls to compare.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I've got a blue handcrafted 63g, stiff, that I play in cobra drivers and a green that came in a epic flash I just purchased, 55g, stiff. I played it once unimpresively (first time out in 6 weeks due to covid) and have swapped it out for a hzrdus yellow with better results. The 55g driver is just too light for me and I was swinging too quickly. Yes, I know it's only 8gr. But I can feel the difference (which may be counter weighting in the yellow )

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Keep us posted on what you choose

So I got to try the 75g EF Black on launch monitor today. Wow is all I can say! 12.5 launch, 2300 spin, 283 carry. Really love the flight, and the thing I wanted to share with you guys is how much more consistent I was with the heavier shaft weight. I know it’s all dependent on your own swing but my strikes on the sweet spot got down to the size of a quarter whereas with my current gamer is about twice the size with my miss being out on the toe. Just thought I’d share, I may have found my new driver shaft. Curious what other shafts are out there in the 70-75g weight with similar profile to try

I love the new riptide (Non counterbalanced).   In 60 gram 6.0 it such a smooth shaft.  If feels very similar to my tour ad Iz. 

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

14 hours ago, Hotdocta said:

I love the new riptide (Non counterbalanced).   In 60 gram 6.0 it such a smooth shaft.  If feels very similar to my tour ad Iz. 

I have the same shaft and seems to me a bit superior to the previous Evenflow blue 65g I had.

i use the Mavrik 9.0

the shaft is very stable and smooth. 

:ping-small: G400 9.0 Alta CB 55g stiff

:ping-small: G400 3W Alta CB 65g stiff

:Sub70: Fairway Pro 5W Ust Mamiya V2 black stiff

:Sub70: 839X 4h Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: 639cb 5-PW Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: Forged Wedge  50.7 Kbs TGI80

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB-X

8 minutes ago, Wondergiulio said:

I have the same shaft and seems to me a bit superior to the previous Evenflow blue 65g I had.

i use the Mavrik 9.0

For sure.  I like it so much, it might be kicking my tour ad xc  out.

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

i use the Mavrik 9.0

Everything I’ve read about the Riptide says that it has the feel of the blue and the stability of the black rolled into one.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Everything I’ve read about the Riptide says that it has the feel of the blue and the stability of the black rolled into one.

That’s interesting feedback because the blue and black have 1 difference and it’s in the number of flags used in the tip for the back compared to the blue. To me they feel the same just the black knocks off a few hundred rpm of spin 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

That’s interesting feedback because the blue and black have 1 difference and it’s in the number of flags used in the tip for the back compared to the blue. To me they feel the same just the black knocks off a few hundred rpm of spin 

That's how I always felt too.  the Black feels just ever so slightly heavier in the head to me too, probably more due to the extra stiffness versus any real balance difference.  But I hit both frequently last year and didn't feel like the black was really different from the blue in feel.  I have only hit with the riptide one time in a sim but thought it felt good with the Mavrik head.

Just now, B.Boston said:

That's how I always felt too.  the Black feels just ever so slightly heavier in the head to me too, probably more due to the extra stiffness versus any real balance difference.  But I hit both frequently last year and didn't feel like the black was really different from the blue in feel.  I have only hit with the riptide one time in a sim but thought it felt good with the Mavrik head.

Same for me with the blue and black. 80% of days I liked the blue but the 20% I wanted nothing to do with it. The black was borderline too low in spin for me to play on the course with because the shots that were mishits I risked the ball falling out of the sky. So from playability the blue worked. 

I haven’t hit the riptide yet but in my reading about it is similar to the one off blue I have in terms of torque and weight. The higher torque made the shaft feel better and on the days that’s swing got quick the feeling was better than with the actual blue. The one difference I saw was the but diameter is different between the blue and the riptide.  If the riptide feels and plays like the custom shaft it’s a winner imo

2 minutes ago, beads81 said:

I have the Even Flow T1100 White in 65 and 75 gram shafts with 6.5 flex for my TS3 driver, I have found that the 75 feels and works the best for me with the TS3. I even have the Even Flow for my TS3 3 wood and really like that shaft.

I tested the ts 2 and 3 with this shaft. Didn’t like it in the 3 but with the 2 everything was straight and distance was good. I wish the fitting cart had the 65 gram to try in S. The x in the White is too low launch and spin for my swing even with the TS2

8 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I tested the ts 2 and 3 with this shaft. Didn’t like it in the 3 but with the 2 everything was straight and distance was good. I wish the fitting cart had the 65 gram to try in S. The x in the White is too low launch and spin for my swing even with the TS2

I am currently trying out this shaft in my TS4 driver as well, not sure on my thoughts yet about it. I love the sound and feel of the TS4 compared to the 3. Really need to get to a place with a trackman to compare numbers.

I bought the TS4 driver from a buddy and it had a Fujikura Atmos tour spec 7x black shaft in it, hit it for a little while and really don't like that shaft to much 

23 minutes ago, beads81 said:

I am currently trying out this shaft in my TS4 driver as well, not sure on my thoughts yet about it. I love the sound and feel of the TS4 compared to the 3. Really need to get to a place with a trackman to compare numbers.

I bought the TS4 driver from a buddy and it had a Fujikura Atmos tour spec 7x black shaft in it, hit it for a little while and really don't like that shaft to much 

I didn’t like the sound of the ts3 either or the shape. Ef white and ts4 sounds like that would be a low spin monster and would be bombs away for some golfers. Based on my experience with lower spin heads that combo wouldn’t fit me as much as I would like it too. Curious to see what your results are with it

I’m using the evenflow riptide 5.5 r 50g in my mavrik max driver. Got fit into it and have been very happy with it. I’m just starting to understand the impact the shaft has on the club performance so I can’t offer much other than i tired 6 drivers and settled on the max and tried the 3 riptide weights 50,60,70 and got the most distance and accuracy from the 50

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

15 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I didn’t like the sound of the ts3 either or the shape. Ef white and ts4 sounds like that would be a low spin monster and would be bombs away for some golfers. Based on my experience with lower spin heads that combo wouldn’t fit me as much as I would like it too. Curious to see what your results are with it

I will let you know what the results are once I had some more time on the range with it and hopefully find somewhere with a trackman to compare numbers.

Ive got the stock 55g in my Atomic driver and the stock 65g in my Atomic 5w.  I like them both.  I like that I can feel the shaft loading and unloading and can tell when Im swinging the club well and when Im not.

I think that I like the 65g a bit better because Im kind of in the high end of the regular flex range and its considered to be a, "regular+", almost like some of the old uniflex iron shafts were.  I do like the 55g in the driver but sometimes I feel that Id like if it were just a bit stiffer.

Ive havent always been a big fan of PX shafts in the irons that Ive had them in.  I always found them to be a bit too stiff but I do like the ones in my TA woods.

Edited by Pingistheanser

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

2 hours ago, Pingistheanser said:

Ive got the stock 55g in my Atomic driver and the stock 65g in my Atomic 5w.  I like them both.  I like that I can feel the shaft loading and unloading and can tell when Im swinging the club well and when Im not.

I think that I like the 65g a bit better because Im kind of in the high end of the regular flex range and its considered to be a, "regular+", almost like some of the old uniflex iron shafts were.  I do like the 55g in the driver but sometimes I feel that Id like if it were just a bit stiffer.

Ive havent always been a big fan of PX shafts in the irons that Ive had them in.  I always found them to be a bit too stiff but I do like the ones in my TA woods.

PX designed the evenflow with feel in mind. Hzrdus line was designed around performance and feel wasn’t considered in the design. The approach with even flow was to keep the performance aspect but make sure the shaft would have a good feeling. 

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

PX designed the evenflow with feel in mind. Hzrdus line was designed around performance and feel wasn’t considered in the design. The approach with even flow was to keep the performance aspect but make sure the shaft would have a good feeling. 

Maybe that explains the problem I'm having with the TS3. I have the HZRDUS Smoke . To me, it was close to what I'm used to playing.... Aldila RIP 60 and Aldila RIP Phenom. Both of those shafts have considerable more feel  than the Smoke, with the RIP 60 maybe a tad more boardy. The Smoke seems a lot more boardy to me. Other than that, I like the trajectory and ball flight. I think I just need to get used to how it feels.

Edited by silver & black

14 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Maybe that explains the problem I'm having with the TS3. I have the HZRDUS Smoke . To me, it was close to what I'm used to playing.... Aldila RIP 60 and Aldila RIP Phenom. Both of those shafts have considerable more feel  than the Smoke, with the RIP 60 maybe a tad more boardy. The Smoke seems a lot more boardy to me. Other than that, I like the trajectory and ball flight. I think I just need to get used to how it feels.

The smoke is still built on the same profile as the original hzrdus shafts, px softened them up but in my limited swings with the other than green they have similar feels to me. Once golf opens up I’ll get some swing with the green but I’m not a fan of hzrdus line but despite that the yellow works for my swing and it’s been in and out of my bag on and off since it game out 

28 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The smoke is still built on the same profile as the original hzrdus shafts, px softened them up but in my limited swings with the other than green they have similar feels to me. Once golf opens up I’ll get some swing with the green but I’m not a fan of hzrdus line but despite that the yellow works for my swing and it’s been in and out of my bag on and off since it game out 

I have been looking at the hzrdus green and wanting to try that one out as well as the hzrdus black.

once you get some swings in with the hzrdus green let me know what you think of it.

2 minutes ago, beads81 said:

I have been looking at the hzrdus green and wanting to try that one out as well as the hzrdus black.

once you get some swings in with the hzrdus green let me know what you think of it.

From my reading the green is a smoother black but still stout. The hulk version is a different beast all together. The design of the green was based on the hulk popularity and they softened it up fo the mere mortals, but as a someone who hated the telephone pole feel of the black I’m curious to hit the green.