Jump to content

Evenflow Driver Shafts


Eagleputt2008
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I tested the ts 2 and 3 with this shaft. Didn’t like it in the 3 but with the 2 everything was straight and distance was good. I wish the fitting cart had the 65 gram to try in S. The x in the White is too low launch and spin for my swing even with the TS2

I am currently trying out this shaft in my TS4 driver as well, not sure on my thoughts yet about it. I love the sound and feel of the TS4 compared to the 3. Really need to get to a place with a trackman to compare numbers.

 

I bought the TS4 driver from a buddy and it had a Fujikura Atmos tour spec 7x black shaft in it, hit it for a little while and really don't like that shaft to much 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, beads81 said:

I am currently trying out this shaft in my TS4 driver as well, not sure on my thoughts yet about it. I love the sound and feel of the TS4 compared to the 3. Really need to get to a place with a trackman to compare numbers.

 

I bought the TS4 driver from a buddy and it had a Fujikura Atmos tour spec 7x black shaft in it, hit it for a little while and really don't like that shaft to much 

I didn’t like the sound of the ts3 either or the shape. Ef white and ts4 sounds like that would be a low spin monster and would be bombs away for some golfers. Based on my experience with lower spin heads that combo wouldn’t fit me as much as I would like it too. Curious to see what your results are with it

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m using the evenflow riptide 5.5 r 50g in my mavrik max driver. Got fit into it and have been very happy with it. I’m just starting to understand the impact the shaft has on the club performance so I can’t offer much other than i tired 6 drivers and settled on the max and tried the 3 riptide weights 50,60,70 and got the most distance and accuracy from the 50


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I didn’t like the sound of the ts3 either or the shape. Ef white and ts4 sounds like that would be a low spin monster and would be bombs away for some golfers. Based on my experience with lower spin heads that combo wouldn’t fit me as much as I would like it too. Curious to see what your results are with it

I will let you know what the results are once I had some more time on the range with it and hopefully find somewhere with a trackman to compare numbers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ive got the stock 55g in my Atomic driver and the stock 65g in my Atomic 5w.  I like them both.  I like that I can feel the shaft loading and unloading and can tell when Im swinging the club well and when Im not.

I think that I like the 65g a bit better because Im kind of in the high end of the regular flex range and its considered to be a, "regular+", almost like some of the old uniflex iron shafts were.  I do like the 55g in the driver but sometimes I feel that Id like if it were just a bit stiffer.

Ive havent always been a big fan of PX shafts in the irons that Ive had them in.  I always found them to be a bit too stiff but I do like the ones in my TA woods.

Edited by Pingistheanser

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pingistheanser said:

Ive got the stock 55g in my Atomic driver and the stock 65g in my Atomic 5w.  I like them both.  I like that I can feel the shaft loading and unloading and can tell when Im swinging the club well and when Im not.

I think that I like the 65g a bit better because Im kind of in the high end of the regular flex range and its considered to be a, "regular+", almost like some of the old uniflex iron shafts were.  I do like the 55g in the driver but sometimes I feel that Id like if it were just a bit stiffer.

Ive havent always been a big fan of PX shafts in the irons that Ive had them in.  I always found them to be a bit too stiff but I do like the ones in my TA woods.

PX designed the evenflow with feel in mind. Hzrdus line was designed around performance and feel wasn’t considered in the design. The approach with even flow was to keep the performance aspect but make sure the shaft would have a good feeling. 

  • Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

PX designed the evenflow with feel in mind. Hzrdus line was designed around performance and feel wasn’t considered in the design. The approach with even flow was to keep the performance aspect but make sure the shaft would have a good feeling. 

Maybe that explains the problem I'm having with the TS3. I have the HZRDUS Smoke . To me, it was close to what I'm used to playing.... Aldila RIP 60 and Aldila RIP Phenom. Both of those shafts have considerable more feel  than the Smoke, with the RIP 60 maybe a tad more boardy. The Smoke seems a lot more boardy to me. Other than that, I like the trajectory and ball flight. I think I just need to get used to how it feels.

Edited by silver & black
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Maybe that explains the problem I'm having with the TS3. I have the HZRDUS Smoke . To me, it was close to what I'm used to playing.... Aldila RIP 60 and Aldila RIP Phenom. Both of those shafts have considerable more feel  than the Smoke, with the RIP 60 maybe a tad more boardy. The Smoke seems a lot more boardy to me. Other than that, I like the trajectory and ball flight. I think I just need to get used to how it feels.

The smoke is still built on the same profile as the original hzrdus shafts, px softened them up but in my limited swings with the other than green they have similar feels to me. Once golf opens up I’ll get some swing with the green but I’m not a fan of hzrdus line but despite that the yellow works for my swing and it’s been in and out of my bag on and off since it game out 

  • Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The smoke is still built on the same profile as the original hzrdus shafts, px softened them up but in my limited swings with the other than green they have similar feels to me. Once golf opens up I’ll get some swing with the green but I’m not a fan of hzrdus line but despite that the yellow works for my swing and it’s been in and out of my bag on and off since it game out 

I have been looking at the hzrdus green and wanting to try that one out as well as the hzrdus black.

once you get some swings in with the hzrdus green let me know what you think of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, beads81 said:

I have been looking at the hzrdus green and wanting to try that one out as well as the hzrdus black.

once you get some swings in with the hzrdus green let me know what you think of it.

From my reading the green is a smoother black but still stout. The hulk version is a different beast all together. The design of the green was based on the hulk popularity and they softened it up fo the mere mortals, but as a someone who hated the telephone pole feel of the black I’m curious to hit the green. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2020 at 3:23 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

From my reading the green is a smoother black but still stout. The hulk version is a different beast all together. The design of the green was based on the hulk popularity and they softened it up fo the mere mortals, but as a someone who hated the telephone pole feel of the black I’m curious to hit the green. 

What is the specs of the green? Weight, and flex?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, beads81 said:

What is the specs of the green? Weight, and flex?

The 6.0 60g. Ordered it with my sim driver

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, beads81 said:

I would like to find a gently used 70, 6.5X or TX. 

The tx is the hulk and different profile from the 6.5. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

This has been one of the best forums/chats I have found yet regarding the Rip Tide, so thank you all.  Trying out two drivers still, and just put a Titleist tip on the Rip Tide black tonight to hopefully try in the TS3 tomorrow.  The other combo I am trying is Cobra F9 with the Smoke Yellow with the heavy Ricki Fowler weights.  I have tried both combos with the Tensei Blue, and while they feel good, spin is still really high.

Part of it is likely delivery, as I am less up in my strike then I would like, but hoping these offer lower spin options for me.

  • Like 5

PXG Proto 9* w/ Accra 162i stiff

Callaway Epic Flash 15* 3 wood w/EvenFlow Green stiff

Callaway Epic Flash 18* 5 wood w/EvenFlow Green Stiff

Titleist 818 H1 21 and 25* hybrids with Tensei stiff shafts

Mystery MC12-12MF 5-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Honma Tour World 50* with Dynamic Gold

Cleveland CBX 56* with Dynamic Gold

Toulon Stroke Lab Las Vegas putter, 33"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This has been one of the best forums/chats I have found yet regarding the Rip Tide, so thank you all.  Trying out two drivers still, and just put a Titleist tip on the Rip Tide black tonight to hopefully try in the TS3 tomorrow.  The other combo I am trying is Cobra F9 with the Smoke Yellow with the heavy Ricki Fowler weights.  I have tried both combos with the Tensei Blue, and while they feel good, spin is still really high.
Part of it is likely delivery, as I am less up in my strike then I would like, but hoping these offer lower spin options for me.

If strike is the same on both my money is on the f9 and smoke yellow being lower spin than the TS3 and riptide... let us know though! I’m curious how you think they both feel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went with a 65g 6.5 Black at 45.5”. Took it out yesterday and I liked the consistency. I play a STD+ non taper grip so I can choke up a smidge if I want to play at 45”.  It is a smoother feeling, slightly less penetrating option than my HZRDUS Yellow with excellent carry. 

  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

 

Western, NY

5.7 Index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 3:35 AM, B.Boston said:


If strike is the same on both my money is on the f9 and smoke yellow being lower spin than the TS3 and riptide... let us know though! I’m curious how you think they both feel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spin and ball speed were better on the TS3 with the RipTide...BUT, direction was tougher to get consistent results.  This is likely because it was a 10.5 degree, turned down to 9.75.  That means, but Titleist standards, it was pretty open.  So like the junkie-fiend gear person I am I sold the TS3 10.5 and got an 8.5 on the way (not to mention made $50 on the deal, and the new comes with a Project X HZRDUS Black Handcrafted.  The plan is to turn the 8.5 up to close the face down a bit, and see what happens.  I will keep you in the loop!

  • Like 2

PXG Proto 9* w/ Accra 162i stiff

Callaway Epic Flash 15* 3 wood w/EvenFlow Green stiff

Callaway Epic Flash 18* 5 wood w/EvenFlow Green Stiff

Titleist 818 H1 21 and 25* hybrids with Tensei stiff shafts

Mystery MC12-12MF 5-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Honma Tour World 50* with Dynamic Gold

Cleveland CBX 56* with Dynamic Gold

Toulon Stroke Lab Las Vegas putter, 33"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
I’m playing the Even flow 6.0 stiff 75 gram in my Ping G410 plus: I’ve posted a couple times about my experience so far after about 10 rounds... Long story short I’m a fan of this shaft!


Edit: I’m no longer a fan of this shaft: it’s 100% my fault for buying a driver when I’m not in “golf form” but my swing speed is just too much for it anymore, and I’m basically trying to time the face on every swing. And if I could do that successfully, I’d be a much better player!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

 

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just ordered a new Driver & 3W with the White.  The combination of the TS4 and the EF White @ 85 grams was incredible - knocked 1000 RPM off my current setup. Only needed a 6.0 since the shaft is heavier and the tip stiffer than most. Specs below (but driver will actually be 0.5" short):

 

Screenshot_20200627-234944.png

  • Like 1

:titelist-small: TS4 @ 9.5° w/ EvenFlow White 85         :titelist-small: TS3 3W @ 13.5° w/ EvenFlow White 75          :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

:taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P760 8-PW w/ Project X 6.0          :vokey-small: 52°, 56°, 60°

:scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant          :titelist-small: Hybrid 14 Stand Bag          :titelist-small: -ProV1x (Left Dash)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...