TESTERS WANTED! ×

7 woods

Hoyoymac

My misses with hybrids tend also to be left.  The reason I like the Titleist 818H1 Hybrid is because you can adjust the hosel and also the internal weight to favor a fade/reduce a hook.

The new 7 wood has already proven itself to be a friend.  Arccos smart distance is listed as 218 yards. I will be continuing to work with it so that I can really build my confidence with it.

I shot a 74 yesterday and the 7 wood helped me to do that on some of the par 5s.  

Some other changes to clubs in the past couple of weeks also made a difference.  A slighter smaller grip installed Friday night on my driver helped me to release the club and turn over the ball a little better.  Hit 9 of 14 fairways and of the misses 4 to the left.  Before I was having a two way miss.  After the first three left misses, I moved the sliding weight from the draw setting to the neutral setting and it was near automatic after that.  12/18 Greens in Regulation, a personal best for the year. 50% up and down on the chips.  My one real blemish was a lip out for a three putt.  Getting comfortable with the new Stability Tour shaft in my Odyssey O-Works black #7.  New Super Stroke Traxion Tour 3.0 grip and a 75 gram counter core weight.  Reduced the head weight by 10 grams to bring the swingweight down.  Much easier to control the head now for longer putts.  Using a cross handed modified wrist lock grip like Soren Kjeldsen uses on short putts has really made putts under 5 feet much less stressful. 

The 25 deg. Hybrid I hope will give me a higher launch than the 21 I have now because of the Tensei Red shaft vs. the Tensei Blue in the 21 and of course the increase in loft.  Once I know how it performs I’ll figure out what club to take out of the bag.

I’ve never been much of a tinkerer before, but I’ve been enjoying the process of trying to figure out what works for me and why and then making the slight adjustments to really fine tune things and dial it in.

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

I apologize for being late in the game here but I'm crazy busy at work these days and at times the stress of it makes life very difficult.

At the OP from everything that you wrote to begin with I would say you will love the 7 wood.  I did the Ping Long game test as well last year.  At the time I was gaming 3 wood, 4 hybrid and 5 hybrid from Driver to 6 iron (my longest iron.)  My fitting revealed that 6 iron should be my longest iron but I wasn't getting nearly enough trajectory on the three clubs leading up to driver.  The fitter put me in 5 wood, 7 wood and 9 wood respectively.  They are Ping G410's.  My guess is that you went with the Tour Exotics because you found such a nice buy - nothing wrong with that - my 3 wood (which is back in the bag because I need it off the tee now and again) is a Tour Exotics - easiest three wood to hit IMO. 

I noticed someone else here mentioning that they can't maintain their trajectory with 4 or even 5 iron (join the club).  You might be a candidate for those little fairway woods as well - if you don't want to do the fitting thing or like to do it yourself it's very easy to pick up hybrids cheap - give a 25 a try and see how it goes - just remember you're looking for trajectory, run out (lack of run out really) and dispersion - if those are inconsistent then I'd say you want to look at lofted fairway woods.

The trade off for me has been that it is difficult to flight the lofted woods down into the wind and I used to use hybrid for bump and runs around the green.  I've mitigated that by taking even more club into the wind and practicing bump and runs with a variety of different clubs until finding one that works - ironically that has been my 48 degree wedge - go figure.

Good luck and let us know if the 7 wood is the answer for you!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played with my wife and her 82 year old dad this afternoon.  I played from the red tees with them and left the driver in the bag.  Teed off mostly with the new 25 degree hybrid and the 7 wood even though they were longer than really necessary.

The first two tee shots were big, low hooks with the new hybrid.  On the third tee I adjusted the hybrid from the neutral A1 setting to the B4 setting which adds 2 degrees of loft and promotes a fade.  Also took out the neutral surefit weight and replaced it with the 14 gram weight in the fade setting.  Hit a nice high draw.  On the next hole I opened the club face a bit at address and hit a nice high straight ball.  195 yards into the wind.  I used the 7 wood off of the tee on the next hole, a par 5, for a beautiful straight ball with just a hint of draw, followed by 7 iron.  

The rest of the round continued in similar fashion.  

Love the new clubs!  They are both keepers and will stay in the bag.

If I find in the future that I’m fighting a hook with the hybrid I’ll put on a bigger grip.

So what to take out of the bag?  The Titleist TMB 4 iron is out of the bag and on the bench.  Now I’ve got to decide whether to bench my Tour Edge Exotics EX10 4 wood, which is great off the tee but hard for me to hit from the deck or my Titleist 818 H1 21 deg. Hybrid.

I’ll give it some thought and make up my mind in the next week after I play with these clubs a bit more.  But right now I’m leaning towards taking the 4 wood out.

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

After several rounds of golf, the 7 wood and the 5 hybrid have proven to be superior to the 4 wood and 4 iron that I’ve had in the bag up until now.  Arccos is telling me that my smart distance with both clubs is equal to or better than the other clubs, the difference is that I get much more height and better carry.  I have been extremely pleased with both.

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update.  I have 37 on course swings with the 7 wood captured by Arccos and 19 with the 5 Hybrid.  I have used both more than that but I don’t always use the Arccos app when I’m playing.

The 7 wood’s smart distance is 216 yards.  The 5 hybrid smart distance is 190 yards.  My existing 4 hybrid fits nicely between them.

Been using the 7 wood more off of the tee than I expected. It is a bit longer off of the tee, 223 smart distance, but a better choice on some holes where driver can bring trouble into play.

I am extremely happy with both.  The 7 wood is by far the best club purchase I’ve made as far as combined value and performance.  The 5 hybrid is not far behind in the value/performance measure. The difference is the 7 wood is practically point and shoot reliable. 

Thanks to all of you that encouraged me to experiment a bit. It has paid off.

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

I have been seriously considering a 7 wood lately. For some reason I am much more interested in that than a hybrid. I do have a utility that has been a great club for me but I am wondering if I would enjoy just a little more versatility. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

The success I’m having with my new 7 wood has not gone unnoticed.  This week one of my regular foursome just put in his bag a Callaway Epic 7 wood and my Father in law is trying out a Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood.  

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

On 5/26/2020 at 2:00 PM, Quigleyd said:

I have been seriously considering a 7 wood lately. For some reason I am much more interested in that than a hybrid. I do have a utility that has been a great club for me but I am wondering if I would enjoy just a little more versatility. 

Great club to have in your bag!  I hit mine ALL the time!

5 minutes ago, Hoyoymac said:

The success I’m having with my new 7 wood has not gone unnoticed.  This week one of my regular foursome just put in his bag a Callaway Epic 7 wood and my Father in law is trying out a Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood.  

The Heavenwood is the REAL DEAL!  Fun club to hit. Very versatile. If you have never hit one, then I highly recommend you give your father in laws club a go....just don’t cause any damage to it. Holidays with in laws are stressful enough without something like that hanging over your head. 😜

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

On 5/3/2020 at 3:41 AM, TimoTe said:

Try this. Get your Hybrid. Put the ball about where you put your 7 iron. Aim a bit left. Open the face a hair. And take a divot. 

The flight should start just left of your target and fade back or just go straight at it. 

Why to try it?

1. Opening the face adds loft = height.

2. Taking a divot puts the impact higher on the face = higher launch, lower spin, more carry. 

3. Simplifies swing characteristics = swing like you are swinging an iron.

My guess is you might be doing two things preventing you from achieving a good strike. You said the clubs are fit for you. And you are a good golfer so it might be this. 

1. Trying to lift the ball to get a higher flight which only creates a thin shot.

2. Either stopping your rotation to early in the swing or flipping the club which both can cause the thin, closed face at impact. 

Man alive don't give all my secrets away. That is exactly what I do with my old 23* Adams. What really amazes them is when I do it with that 19* offset Adams boxer. A snap  rope hook is my dreaded miss. I have to really concentrate with that boxer. I actually hit 2 snappers with it last time I had it on the course. I pulled it out and put a trusty old Adams GT Tight Lies 5 wood in which is 18*. Played one round with it before I got hurt. That 23* though is not going anywhere I can hit too many shots with it

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Man alive don't give all my secrets away. That is exactly what I do with my old 23* Adams. What really amazes them is when I do it with that 19* offset Adams boxer. A snap  rope hook is my dreaded miss. I have to really concentrate with that boxer. I actually hit 2 snappers with it last time I had it on the course. I pulled it out and put a trusty old Adams GT Tight Lies 5 wood in which is 18*. Played one round with it before I got hurt. That 23* though is not going anywhere I can hit too many shots with it

Sounds like how I hit my Callaway X-Hot 5 wood. Though my miss is a block and I push fade it. I can hit a ton of different shots with it, but the aim left open the face a bit and take a shallow divot shot is how I get a ball to stick from 230 yards. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

The Fujikura Fuel 60 S shaft in the Tour Edge XCG7 7 wood that I’ve been using has been such a great fit for me that I ordered what I believe to be the same shaft for my Exotics EX 10 4 wood.  Just installed it on Wednesday and put it into play yesterday.  It appears promising so far.

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

• 4 weeks later...

I currently have a Srixon X355 7 wood on the bench. I was never particularly consistent with it. But it occasionally gets dropped back in the bag.

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

started golf with a 7 wood in my bag, hand me down set, played a g30 up until a few months ago when the shaft failed its durability test. not having it in my bag had made me remember how poor I am with a 3 or 4 iron. For a player like yourself I think youd find a 7 wood to be as easy to hit as your 6 or 7 iron and fly the same way, and get the distance of a 3 or 4 iron. Any of the new Pings woods are great the G30 and G were both good so maybe snag one of those at a cheap price, see if you like it and then grab a new one at the end of the summer when they go on sale

TaylorMade SIM 2 10.5 - Project X Evenflow Riptide 70 6.5

PING G425 3W - Ping Tour S

TaylorMade SIM Max 7W - Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 7X

TaylorMade SIM Max 3H - Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 85S

PING G410 Crossover 4 - Ping Tour S

PING iBlade 5-PW - KBS Tour S

Cleveland RTX ZipCore  50M 54M  -  Dynamic Gold Spinner 

Titleist Vokey SM8 58/12

Scotty Cameron Special Del Mar 34''

• 4 weeks later...

Enjoyed my new 7 Wood today and I have a feeling we are going to be in a long term relationship. 😍

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Enjoyed my new 7 Wood today and I have a feeling we are going to be in a long term relationship. 

I love Happy Endings

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 12:50 PM, ole gray said:

Enjoyed my new 7 Wood today and I have a feeling we are going to be in a long term relationship. 😍

WHat did you go with and how do you like it?

TaylorMade SIM 2 10.5 - Project X Evenflow Riptide 70 6.5

PING G425 3W - Ping Tour S

TaylorMade SIM Max 7W - Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 7X

TaylorMade SIM Max 3H - Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 85S

PING G410 Crossover 4 - Ping Tour S

PING iBlade 5-PW - KBS Tour S

Cleveland RTX ZipCore  50M 54M  -  Dynamic Gold Spinner 

Titleist Vokey SM8 58/12

Scotty Cameron Special Del Mar 34''

WHat did you go with and how do you like it?

It was the Callaway Epic Flash 7 wood. I was hitting some good shots to begin with however my consistency began to suffer. I was hoping for higher trajectory and it was more of a piercing flight. The club felt heavy and the shaft stiffer than what it (regular) was marked as. I went back to my Steelhead 3 hybrid which by the way is an excellent club.

Cleveland

On 8/10/2020 at 6:06 AM, ole gray said:

It was the Callaway Epic Flash 7 wood. I was hitting some good shots to begin with however my consistency began to suffer. I was hoping for higher trajectory and it was more of a piercing flight. The club felt heavy and the shaft stiffer than what it (regular) was marked as. I went back to my Steelhead 3 hybrid which by the way is an excellent club.

Did you have the even flow shaft in the 7 wood?

I can’t hit that shaft well no matter what club it’s in. I can say the same for just about any Project X shaft. I picked up a Epic Flash on CPO for a great price when my G400max shaft broke at the hosel. Ping was closed at the time, and until they reopened and sent me a new one, I struggled badly with the Flash.

I took the recommendation of a local fitter down here and put a Bassara shaft in the Flash. Still doesn’t play as well as the Ping does but at least it’s a serviceable backup now.

For what it’s worth, he told me Project x shafts tend to play stiff to flex. For example, he said their “regular” 5.5 plays like a strong regular, and the 5.0 plays more like a regular.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

8 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I can’t hit that shaft well no matter what club it’s in. I can say the same for just about any Project X shaft. I picked up a Epic Flash on CPO for a great price when my G400max shaft broke at the hosel. Ping was closed at the time, and until they reopened and sent me a new one, I struggled badly with the Flash.

I took the recommendation of a local fitter down here and put a Bassara shaft in the Flash. Still doesn’t play as well as the Ping does but at least it’s a serviceable backup now.

For what it’s worth, he told me Project x shafts tend to play stiff to flex. For example, he said their “regular” 5.5 plays like a strong regular, and the 5.0 plays more like a regular.

Yes it did have the Evenflow in it and the funny thing is I hit my driver very well with the same shaft.  It just felt extremely boardy and came off low and flat which is not my normal ball flight with any club.  Especially with a high lofted fairway or hybrid. 

Cleveland

8 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

That is correct on PX flex. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

It has been several months since I started this thread and what a difference a few months make.

I’ve made a number of changes to my bag since the end of April.  Some of these changes I posted about earlier, but there have been more changes since then.

First I put in a Tour Edge XCG7 seven wood.  Next I added a Titleist 818 H1 25 degree hybrid with the Tensei Red shaft.  Changed the shaft in my Tour Edge EX 10 4 wood & Ping G410 LST 9.5 driver to the same shaft in the 7 wood, the Fujikura Fuel 60 gram stiff flex.  Took out of the bag my Titleist TMB 4 iron and the 818 H1 21 degree hybrid.  More recently I have replaced my Titleist Vokey SM7 56 & 60 10S wedges because they were well worn with Corey Paul 52, 56 & 60 wedge heads that I built into clubs with KBS Tour V wedge shafts, the same shafts as in my Titleist AP3 irons. Took out my TItleist AP3 5 iron.

Also changed the shaft of my Odyssey O-works #7 putter to a Stability Tour shaft.

These changes have been enormously helpful to my game.  My distance gapping from Driver all the way down has improved.  Gained the height and carry I was looking to improve in the 200 yard segment of my bag.  According to my Arccos the 4 wood smart distance is 223 yards, the 7 wood is 209 yards, the 25 degree hybrid is 191 yards.

My Arccos driving, approach, chipping and putting handicaps have all improved.  Best of all my GHIN index went from an 8.5 to a 4.9, my lowest ever and allowed me to reach my goal for the year of getting it down to a five.  I’ve had my lowest round ever, 71, three times this year too.

I now have 14 clubs in my bag that I have confidence in for the first time ever and they all serve a defined purpose. 

There is still some overlap with my 6, 7 & 8 irons where the gaps kind of run together more so than with the other clubs, so I’m considering strengthening the 6 & 7 lofts a bit, perhaps one degree, and maybe weaken the 8 by a degree. 

Thank you to all of you that have offered me advice based on your own experience, encouragement and support through this process.

Before this I had never really tinkered with my clubs, relying exclusively on fitters to advise me in the past.  Without a doubt, getting fit definitely helped me.  It was time though for me to take responsibility and get more involved with my bag makeup and experiment to fine tune things to improve the fit even more.

The support of the forum and what I learned from it’s members gave me the confidence to try different clubs, buy clubs on line, buy second hand clubs, change shafts, and build a set of wedges.  None of which I had done before.

Just received my Blast Golf Swing & Stroke club sensor yesterday.  Hopefully that & the accompanying app will help me as I take the next steps along my golfing journey. 

Thank you again and best wishes for success to all of you on your own golfing journey.

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

I have always struggled with fairway woods. Couple years ago I bought a Cobra King F 7. I really like it out of the lower rough or the fairway. Goes about 210 if struck well. Then bought the 5 and will use that in the fairway or off a tee. Just starting to get consistent with both. Also bought the 3 but it’s not in the bag yet. Also have the King F7 hybrids. They may not be the longest but I find them easier to hit then the TM’s I had before.

I carry an original Adams Tight Lies 7W 24*, re-shafted with Aldila NV 75-S and it's my favorite club in the bag.  I carry 165 with the range balls and about 10-15 yards further carry with my playing ball.  Height is high and landing is soft.  Best part is it is straight, deadly accurate, and never needing to over swing.  A true confidence booster and go to club at the tee box, fairway, or rough.  

Let us know what you choose!

• 2 weeks later...

I carry a Callway Big Bertha Heavenwood set at 19 degrees, so really a 5 wood.  I recently added a Cobra King F9 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees, which takes the place of a 4 hybrid.  Both clubs are really easy to hit and high flying, which is a plus for my old man swing speed.  I like the Cobra so much that I just ordered one in a 3 wood.  For some reason I've always hit fairway woods better than hybrids, though I do carry a 5 hybrid that I don't hit very often.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

Had 2 opportunities for 7 Wood this morning, both were “hosel rockets”. 7 wood going in dark corner of garage for a while, next to the 4 hybrid.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I've been using a 7 wood for a about a year or so now and my long game between top and and middle of my bag has changed so much. I currently go Driver, 5 wood, 7 wood. 

I have a ton of confidence using it on tight fairways, shorter par 4s, and even longer par 3s. Off the fairway its much easier to hit as well. 

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

Played with an older friend today and since we were playing as a twosome, I decided to play the senior tees with him as we were sharing a cart.  Instead of hitting driver, I hit my 7 wood all day so that I would be roughly in the same spot as I would be if I had hit driver from the Men’s tees.  The difference was that I was in the fairway 10/14 times which led to me being on the green in regulation 69% of the time today.  Shot about the same score as usual despite not putting very well and missing three short birdie chances.

The 7 wood is such a good club for amateurs.  Glad to see it getting some attention lately in a few blog and magazine articles.

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4