Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Dress Code

I belong to a club that has a dress code. Golf pants or golf shorts. Collared shirt and must be tucked in and you cant wear a hat backwards. I'm fine with everything since it is a gentlemens sport. But every once in a while I play a muni and see people in blue jeans and a tee shirt.  With all the moisture wicking materials out there why would anyone play in jeans and a tee shirt. 

What are you wearing.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I don't feel right playing in jeans.  I do think I wouldn't mind playing in a tee shirt though.  However, I am more of a traditionalist and think everyone should have a collared shirt on, don't feel though that it needs to be tucked in. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

I had a friend that played in jeans sometimes, people are comfortable in all kinds of things. I don’t mind wearing some cotton in the colder temps.

My go to items are a mix of athletic brands like Nike and puma and higher end ones like Peter Millar, rlx, j lindeberg. I mix in some devereaux and link soul

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

35 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I belong to a club that has a dress code. Golf pants or golf shorts. Collared shirt and must be tucked in and you cant wear a hat backwards. I'm fine with everything since it is a gentlemens sport. But every once in a while I play a muni and see people in blue jeans and a tee shirt.  With all the moisture wicking materials out there why would anyone play in jeans and a tee shirt. 

What are you wearing.

I play in "golf clothes", and I realize that I spend a bit of money every year on them.  More casual players may not have the money to spend, or may not realize the advantages that some of the newer fabrics offer.  If you read enough posts about dress codes, some simply don't like the image that goes along with modern golf attire.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

20 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

But every once in a while I play a muni and see people in blue jeans and a tee shirt. 

In many cases muni's -  meaning city government owned golf courses mimic federal government. (UGH) And that means anything goes. Our local muni (the city government parks employee in charge of the golf course) once told me after I complained about how some people dress that there is nothing they can do about it. Huh? I made the comment that if someone wanted to come play golf in cut off jeans and no shirt that was ok? She said... Yes! and again there is nothing they can do about it. Unless they wanted to that is. What a bunch of horse$hit. And these are the same type of people that can fine you if they think your lawn is overgrown or unkept to "their" standards.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Good topic. I am a firm believer in looking professional on the course. I love moisture wicking and is so comfortable. I could care less pants or shorts but has to be a moisture wicking for sure. 
always a belt and hat. Again looking professional on the course for me is important and goes with my game look good play good

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

11 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

In many cases muni's -  meaning city government owned golf courses mimic federal government. (UGH) And that means anything goes. Our local muni (the city government parks employee in charge of the golf course) once told me after I complained about how some people dress that there is nothing they can do about it. Huh? I made the comment that if someone wanted to come play golf in cut off jeans and no shirt that was ok? She said... Yes! and again there is nothing they can do about it. Unless they wanted to that is. What a bunch of horse$hit. And these are the same type of people that can fine you if they think your lawn is overgrown or unkept to "their" standards.

It’s a muni and they are lower end courses and usually cheap green fees. Who cares what a person wears or what the dress code is or isn’t. Most people playing minis are there more for the enjoyment of golf or to get in a quick cheap round. Enforcing some sort of dress code takes money away and the course either closes or the money has to come from somewhere else which usually means the taxpayers including those who don’t golf. 

What one wears has no affect on me in any way. Let them do them and I do me and we all go about our day. If someone doesn’t like the appearance of other patrons they don’t have to play at that course. Getting bent out of shape over something as trivial as attire at a muni is silly imo. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s a muni and they are lower end courses and usually cheap green fees. Who cares what a person wears or what the dress code is or isn’t. Most people playing minis are there more for the enjoyment of golf or to get in a quick cheap round. Enforcing some sort of dress code takes money away and the course either closes or the money has to come from somewhere else which usually means the taxpayers including those who don’t golf. 

What one wears has no affect on me in any way. Let them do them and I do me and we all go about our day. If someone doesn’t like the appearance of other patrons they don’t have to play at that course. Getting bent out of shape over something as trivial as attire at a muni is silly imo. 

Agreed doesn’t matter what other people wear I know for me I need to dress the part

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Dress code was drilled into me my entire life. I won’t even go to the store unless my hair is combed and I have a decent set of clothes on. As for golf, I learned at a young age that black pants and a red Nike shirt was the only way to play golf... as for other people on munis I don’t care. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

2 minutes ago, zrumble said:

Dress code was drilled into me my entire life. I won’t even go to the store unless my hair is combed and I have a decent set of clothes on. As for golf, I learned at a young age that black pants and a red Nike shirt was the only way to play golf... as for other people on munis I don’t care. 

Thats the Tiger woods era....Same way for me lol....nike, nike, nike....

The Tiger is Back! - Los Angeles Sentinel | Los Angeles Sentinel ...

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I typically wear a polo shirt and shorts when I play golf. I find it comfortable and fits my needs.

I have worn jeans when the temperatures have been low. 

How other players dress does not impact my joy on the course. As long as they are respectful of others.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

I wear golf clothes- shorts/pants and polo. Always golf shoes. Though I don't tuck in anymore, I put on a lot of weight in the last year and half, trying to lose it now.

What puzzles me is I see guys out there in work/hunting boots.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I'm a member at a muni, and I see it all.  Our pro is pretty lenient, but I complained the first month after I joined about one guy in the Men's Club gangsome.  He was 60+ years old wearing short, tight gym shorts and a tank top.  I don't mind most players wearing jeans, cutoffs, whatever, but that wasn't a good look.  It worked!  He changed.

I usually wear golf shirts and non-cargo shorts, but if I'm playing during the week and it's hot, I will wear a T-shirt... not tucked in!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I prefer to look sporty yet professional in my attire.  Mostly wearing Peter Millar, Travis Mathew, Greyson/RLX and some Nike/Adidas/UA sprinkled in there.  I like to see others dressing like that on the course as well, but do not really care what they are wearing as it doesn't affect me.

One reason could be that I can wear several of these shirts, for a business casual work environment and what I prefer to wear away from the course as well so it's not specifically for golf.  

If I feel sloppy on the course, for some reason it can get in my head a bit. 

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

What are you wearing.

As someone who has exclusively golfed pub courses my entire life I can't get behind the dress code. I think that the idea of golf as a "gentlemen's" sport is dated and not inclusive. This is why golf isn't accessible for most people. They feel like they need to act or look a certain way, and while to a some degree I agree, I also think that people who can barely afford clubs, new or used, aren't going to be out spending money on what people consider golf appropriate clothing. If I didn't feel pressure to look a certain way on the course I'd still be golfing in cut-off jean shorts and whatever t-shirt is clean that day (or maybe it isn't). 

Golf is expensive. Techy fabrics are expensive. That's why people don't do it or wear them. I'm a firm believer in golfing in whatever you're comfortable in. And checking a courses guidelines before play, because if there is a dress code, I think it should be followed. Otherwise, just golf. 

WITB

Driver: Ping G30 10.5 Stiff

Fairway wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 Stiff 

Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 Steel Fiber i95 Stiff (5-PW)

Wedges: Vokey 52, 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

4 minutes ago, coyote_jones said:

As someone who has exclusively golfed pub courses my entire life I can't get behind the dress code. I think that the idea of golf as a "gentlemen's" sport is dated and not inclusive. This is why golf isn't accessible for most people. They feel like they need to act or look a certain way, and while to a some degree I agree, I also think that people who can barely afford clubs, new or used, aren't going to be out spending money on what people consider golf appropriate clothing. If I didn't feel pressure to look a certain way on the course I'd still be golfing in cut-off jean shorts and whatever t-shirt is clean that day (or maybe it isn't). 

Golf is expensive. Techy fabrics are expensive. That's why people don't do it or wear them. I'm a firm believer in golfing in whatever you're comfortable in. And checking a courses guidelines before play, because if there is a dress code, I think it should be followed. Otherwise, just golf. 

Yes it is definitely tough because it is EXPENSIVE. But again if you are going to an upscale course or private I would expect to see certain attire. If you want to wear jeans whatever shirt go play the local cheap club. I expect to see professional attire at certain courses.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Just now, Lacassem said:

Yes it is definitely tough because it is EXPENSIVE. But again if you are going to an upscale course or private I would expect to see certain attire. If you want to wear jeans whatever shirt go play the local cheap club. I expect to see professional attire at certain courses.

I agree that course codes should be checked before play. I do it any time I golf a new course. What I still love about golfing my home course in rural North Dakota is there are people out there in their golf attire, and farmers who just got out of the field still wearing their work clothes, playing together, and enjoying the camaraderie. It's how I grew to love the game. I worked at the course and went straight from mowing greens to playing rounds. I'm just grateful to be able to still be out there enjoying the game that was accessible to me. 

WITB

Driver: Ping G30 10.5 Stiff

Fairway wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 Stiff 

Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 Steel Fiber i95 Stiff (5-PW)

Wedges: Vokey 52, 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

1 hour ago, ballplayer002003 said:

I don't feel right playing in jeans.  I do think I wouldn't mind playing in a tee shirt though.  However, I am more of a traditionalist and think everyone should have a collared shirt on, don't feel though that it needs to be tucked in. 

I've played in jeans maybe 2 or 3 times.  And it's always been when we've snuck a round in late November or something like that.  Other than that, I prefer the stretch and flex athletic inspired apparel gives you during the swing.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Always a polo, I don't mind the newer styles of Nike shirts like Tiger's collarless shirts, but I know I wouldn't look good in it.  Always golf pants or shorts.  The shorts don't have to be golf specific, but usually have some moisture-wicking or stretch to them.  Although lately I've been enjoying golf pants even for warmer rounds.  Helps keeps the sun off the legs and I don't feel myself being more hot than normal.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Just a normal polo shirt (the lighter moisture wicking fabrics or cotton for colder days) and shorts in summer or khaki pants in winter. I'm used to it cause that's what I wear to work (dress shirt instead of polo).

I really don't mind what other people wear, but to me personally jeans are uncomfortable as hell.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I'll just say maybe 2 or 3 comments so far are the reason people think golfers are uppity A-holes. were not pro's, its a freaking game. U want the sport to grow and stay alive. Just let them come as they are. Or just take ur A$$ to a country club. My Oldman would meet me at the course after I got out of school and he would still be in his painters whites and golf shoes, or playing in his blue jeans at the club championship. And me I'm a T-shirt or polo with cargo shorts. Or after a training session ill go out in my gym clothes. Someone said they're a purist, well I bet u ain't playing in golf nickers and swinging hickory sticks. Sorry for the rant...

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

1 minute ago, Zen Snake said:

I'll just say maybe 2 or 3 comments so far are the reason people think golfers are uppity A-holes. were not pro's, its a freaking game. U want the sport to grow and stay alive. Just let them come as they are. Or just take ur A$$ to a country club. My Oldman would meet me at the course after I got out of school and he would still be in his painters whites and golf shoes, or playing in his blue jeans at the club championship. And me I'm a T-shirt or polo with cargo shorts. Or after a training session ill go out in my gym clothes. Someone said they're a purist, well I bet u ain't playing in golf nickers and swinging hickory sticks. Sorry for the rant...

Yes but people also need to understand that Golf is an old sport and that certain courses the expectation is as such. There are courses that are more lenient and laid back....play those courses. 

Examples in my area are like Granite Links...this course the expectation is a professional golf atmosphere. Compared to another course like Blissful Meadows where it is a little more laid back. It all depends on the course really....either way for me I dont care what you wear while playing but for myself I prefer to be in comfortable golf attire.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Agreed, the normal blue denim is too stiff, heavy, hot, etc.

In summer if it is hot, when I go to the local track in the late afternoon for a quick nine, I'll wear an thin, collar-less athletic shirt,  golf shorts, never with black socks.   Otherwise, it will be a golf shirt, tucked in with belt.   Simple and boring.   

The black socks thing, not for me.  Loved to watch the Fab Five, but their fashion statements still linger after all of these years.

You know the uptight dress code doesn't happen on golf courses exclusively. I was denied entry to a gym cause I was wearing my school uniform (khaki pants with polo shirt) and had forgotten my change of clothes. It's not comfortable, but so what? It's my choice.

I was also denied play on a tennis court for wearing jeans (that was in high school)

Comfort is a very personal choice, as long as you are not wearing something so short that your balls are hanging out, wear whatever feels good. Just be kind to other people's eyes.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

15 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Yes but people also need to understand that Golf is an old sport and that certain courses the expectation is as such. There are courses that are more lenient and laid back....play those courses. 

Examples in my area are like Granite Links...this course the expectation is a professional golf atmosphere. Compared to another course like Blissful Meadows where it is a little more laid back. It all depends on the course really....either way for me I dont care what you wear while playing but for myself I prefer to be in comfortable golf attire.

Oh I totally agree, some places its required. But at a muni, who cares. Ill Show up in gym clothes at my muni some days, but if I go play the country club or a big name course I'm dressed to kill...

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

15 minutes ago, Zen Snake said:

I think there are enough variations in dress codes at golf courses, from extremely strict to extremely relaxed, to suit all preferences.  I honestly don't see any reason to label anyone who loves golf as an "uppity A-hole" or as a "lazy slob".  And dress codes aren't encountered only at golf clubs, we see expectations of specific attire at offices, at restaurants, in places of worship.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

7 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

You know the uptight dress code doesn't happen on golf courses exclusively. I was denied entry to a gym cause I was wearing my school uniform (khaki pants with polo shirt) and had forgotten my change of clothes. It's not comfortable, but so what? It's my choice.

I was also denied play on a tennis court for wearing jeans (that was in high school)

Comfort is a very personal choice, as long as you are not wearing something so short that your balls are hanging out, wear whatever feels good. Just be kind to other people's eyes.

The issue with not drawing a line it leaves things open for interpretation. Maybe some people want some AC in the crotch area, best way is to let em hang!...There needs to be rules and its up to the course to create and enforce....To each their own but as I have said in this thread (feel like I am zoned in on this one lol) wear what the course requires if you dont like it go play your muni's and downscale courses.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

u can still be an uppity A-hole or a lazy slob and still love the game, hell I know I a prick. But I wont judge people for how they dress. They are out playing the game we all love. that's all that should matter.

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

What are you wearing.

I play in league like that fairly often. I work in a shop, so that is standard clothing for me.. I am often pressed for time to get to the course from work. The times when I know I will have time, I bring a change of clothes with me and change before I leave for the course.

Golf courses with strict dress codes are going to need to lighten up a bit.... unless they are private and that's just the way it is. Public and muni courses need the traffic/revenue to stay open. Enforcing strict dress codes will do nothing but keep a lot of potential revenue away form their course... IMO.

As long as the clothes are clean, it shouldn't matter. 

Edited by silver & black
spelling