Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

I belong to a club that has a dress code. Golf pants or golf shorts. Collared shirt and must be tucked in and you cant wear a hat backwards. I'm fine with everything since it is a gentlemens sport. But every once in a while I play a muni and see people in blue jeans and a tee shirt.  With all the moisture wicking materials out there why would anyone play in jeans and a tee shirt. 

What are you wearing.

  • Like 8

Driver, Ping G400 11* SR Flex

3 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 17*  R Flex

5 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 19* R Flex

Hybrid, Cobra Amp 24* R Flex

Irons, Wilson D200 R Flex (5 - Gap)

Wedges, Cleveland CBX 56* & 60*

Putter, Odyssey Marksman Fang 35"

Share this post


Link to post

I don't feel right playing in jeans.  I do think I wouldn't mind playing in a tee shirt though.  However, I am more of a traditionalist and think everyone should have a collared shirt on, don't feel though that it needs to be tucked in. 

  • Like 6

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

3 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  5-PW :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged w/ Modus 120 xstiff

Wedges:   :titelist-small: SM6 56* F grind, 52* M grind

Putter:  :bettinardi-1: Studio Stock #3

Share this post


Link to post

I had a friend that played in jeans sometimes, people are comfortable in all kinds of things. I don’t mind wearing some cotton in the colder temps.

My go to items are a mix of athletic brands like Nike and puma and higher end ones like Peter Millar, rlx, j lindeberg. I mix in some devereaux and link soul

  • Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I belong to a club that has a dress code. Golf pants or golf shorts. Collared shirt and must be tucked in and you cant wear a hat backwards. I'm fine with everything since it is a gentlemens sport. But every once in a while I play a muni and see people in blue jeans and a tee shirt.  With all the moisture wicking materials out there why would anyone play in jeans and a tee shirt. 

What are you wearing.

I play in "golf clothes", and I realize that I spend a bit of money every year on them.  More casual players may not have the money to spend, or may not realize the advantages that some of the newer fabrics offer.  If you read enough posts about dress codes, some simply don't like the image that goes along with modern golf attire.  

  • Like 5

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

But every once in a while I play a muni and see people in blue jeans and a tee shirt. 

In many cases muni's -  meaning city government owned golf courses mimic federal government. (UGH) And that means anything goes. Our local muni (the city government parks employee in charge of the golf course) once told me after I complained about how some people dress that there is nothing they can do about it. Huh? I made the comment that if someone wanted to come play golf in cut off jeans and no shirt that was ok? She said... Yes! and again there is nothing they can do about it. Unless they wanted to that is. What a bunch of horse$hit. And these are the same type of people that can fine you if they think your lawn is overgrown or unkept to "their" standards.

  • Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

                                                                               :755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

                                                                                :edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

 

Share this post


Link to post

Good topic. I am a firm believer in looking professional on the course. I love moisture wicking and is so comfortable. I could care less pants or shorts but has to be a moisture wicking for sure. 
always a belt and hat. Again looking professional on the course for me is important and goes with my game look good play good

  • Like 2

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

In many cases muni's -  meaning city government owned golf courses mimic federal government. (UGH) And that means anything goes. Our local muni (the city government parks employee in charge of the golf course) once told me after I complained about how some people dress that there is nothing they can do about it. Huh? I made the comment that if someone wanted to come play golf in cut off jeans and no shirt that was ok? She said... Yes! and again there is nothing they can do about it. Unless they wanted to that is. What a bunch of horse$hit. And these are the same type of people that can fine you if they think your lawn is overgrown or unkept to "their" standards.

It’s a muni and they are lower end courses and usually cheap green fees. Who cares what a person wears or what the dress code is or isn’t. Most people playing minis are there more for the enjoyment of golf or to get in a quick cheap round. Enforcing some sort of dress code takes money away and the course either closes or the money has to come from somewhere else which usually means the taxpayers including those who don’t golf. 
 

What one wears has no affect on me in any way. Let them do them and I do me and we all go about our day. If someone doesn’t like the appearance of other patrons they don’t have to play at that course. Getting bent out of shape over something as trivial as attire at a muni is silly imo. 

  • Like 6

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s a muni and they are lower end courses and usually cheap green fees. Who cares what a person wears or what the dress code is or isn’t. Most people playing minis are there more for the enjoyment of golf or to get in a quick cheap round. Enforcing some sort of dress code takes money away and the course either closes or the money has to come from somewhere else which usually means the taxpayers including those who don’t golf. 
 

What one wears has no affect on me in any way. Let them do them and I do me and we all go about our day. If someone doesn’t like the appearance of other patrons they don’t have to play at that course. Getting bent out of shape over something as trivial as attire at a muni is silly imo. 

Agreed doesn’t matter what other people wear I know for me I need to dress the part

  • Like 3

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post

Dress code was drilled into me my entire life. I won’t even go to the store unless my hair is combed and I have a decent set of clothes on. As for golf, I learned at a young age that black pants and a red Nike shirt was the only way to play golf... as for other people on munis I don’t care. 

  • Like 2

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph
 

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, zrumble said:

Dress code was drilled into me my entire life. I won’t even go to the store unless my hair is combed and I have a decent set of clothes on. As for golf, I learned at a young age that black pants and a red Nike shirt was the only way to play golf... as for other people on munis I don’t care. 

Thats the Tiger woods era....Same way for me lol....nike, nike, nike....

The Tiger is Back! - Los Angeles Sentinel | Los Angeles Sentinel ...

  • Like 2

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post

I typically wear a polo shirt and shorts when I play golf. I find it comfortable and fits my needs.

I have worn jeans when the temperatures have been low. 

How other players dress does not impact my joy on the course. As long as they are respectful of others.

  • Like 2

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH - Aldila Synergy Blue 50 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

 

Share this post


Link to post

I wear golf clothes- shorts/pants and polo. Always golf shoes. Though I don't tuck in anymore, I put on a lot of weight in the last year and half, trying to lose it now.

What puzzles me is I see guys out there in work/hunting boots.

Take Dead Aim

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a member at a muni, and I see it all.  Our pro is pretty lenient, but I complained the first month after I joined about one guy in the Men's Club gangsome.  He was 60+ years old wearing short, tight gym shorts and a tank top.  I don't mind most players wearing jeans, cutoffs, whatever, but that wasn't a good look.  It worked!  He changed.

I usually wear golf shirts and non-cargo shorts, but if I'm playing during the week and it's hot, I will wear a T-shirt... not tucked in!!  

  • Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Share this post


Link to post

I prefer to look sporty yet professional in my attire.  Mostly wearing Peter Millar, Travis Mathew, Greyson/RLX and some Nike/Adidas/UA sprinkled in there.  I like to see others dressing like that on the course as well, but do not really care what they are wearing as it doesn't affect me.

One reason could be that I can wear several of these shirts, for a business casual work environment and what I prefer to wear away from the course as well so it's not specifically for golf.  

If I feel sloppy on the course, for some reason it can get in my head a bit. 

  • Like 1

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 58* Nippon Modus Wedge

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I belong to a club that has a dress code. Golf pants or golf shorts. Collared shirt and must be tucked in and you cant wear a hat backwards. I'm fine with everything since it is a gentlemens sport. But every once in a while I play a muni and see people in blue jeans and a tee shirt.  With all the moisture wicking materials out there why would anyone play in jeans and a tee shirt. 

What are you wearing.

As someone who has exclusively golfed pub courses my entire life I can't get behind the dress code. I think that the idea of golf as a "gentlemen's" sport is dated and not inclusive. This is why golf isn't accessible for most people. They feel like they need to act or look a certain way, and while to a some degree I agree, I also think that people who can barely afford clubs, new or used, aren't going to be out spending money on what people consider golf appropriate clothing. If I didn't feel pressure to look a certain way on the course I'd still be golfing in cut-off jean shorts and whatever t-shirt is clean that day (or maybe it isn't). 

Golf is expensive. Techy fabrics are expensive. That's why people don't do it or wear them. I'm a firm believer in golfing in whatever you're comfortable in. And checking a courses guidelines before play, because if there is a dress code, I think it should be followed. Otherwise, just golf. 

  • Like 4

WITB

Driver: Ping G30 10.5 Stiff

Fairway wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 Stiff 

Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 Steel Fiber i95 Stiff (5-PW)

Wedges: Vokey 52, 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, coyote_jones said:

As someone who has exclusively golfed pub courses my entire life I can't get behind the dress code. I think that the idea of golf as a "gentlemen's" sport is dated and not inclusive. This is why golf isn't accessible for most people. They feel like they need to act or look a certain way, and while to a some degree I agree, I also think that people who can barely afford clubs, new or used, aren't going to be out spending money on what people consider golf appropriate clothing. If I didn't feel pressure to look a certain way on the course I'd still be golfing in cut-off jean shorts and whatever t-shirt is clean that day (or maybe it isn't). 

Golf is expensive. Techy fabrics are expensive. That's why people don't do it or wear them. I'm a firm believer in golfing in whatever you're comfortable in. And checking a courses guidelines before play, because if there is a dress code, I think it should be followed. Otherwise, just golf. 

Yes it is definitely tough because it is EXPENSIVE. But again if you are going to an upscale course or private I would expect to see certain attire. If you want to wear jeans whatever shirt go play the local cheap club. I expect to see professional attire at certain courses.

  • Like 4

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Lacassem said:

Yes it is definitely tough because it is EXPENSIVE. But again if you are going to an upscale course or private I would expect to see certain attire. If you want to wear jeans whatever shirt go play the local cheap club. I expect to see professional attire at certain courses.

I agree that course codes should be checked before play. I do it any time I golf a new course. What I still love about golfing my home course in rural North Dakota is there are people out there in their golf attire, and farmers who just got out of the field still wearing their work clothes, playing together, and enjoying the camaraderie. It's how I grew to love the game. I worked at the course and went straight from mowing greens to playing rounds. I'm just grateful to be able to still be out there enjoying the game that was accessible to me. 

  • Like 3

WITB

Driver: Ping G30 10.5 Stiff

Fairway wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 Stiff 

Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 Steel Fiber i95 Stiff (5-PW)

Wedges: Vokey 52, 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ballplayer002003 said:

I don't feel right playing in jeans.  I do think I wouldn't mind playing in a tee shirt though.  However, I am more of a traditionalist and think everyone should have a collared shirt on, don't feel though that it needs to be tucked in. 

I've played in jeans maybe 2 or 3 times.  And it's always been when we've snuck a round in late November or something like that.  Other than that, I prefer the stretch and flex athletic inspired apparel gives you during the swing.

  • Like 3

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4:  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

 :EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

 

Share this post


Link to post

Always a polo, I don't mind the newer styles of Nike shirts like Tiger's collarless shirts, but I know I wouldn't look good in it.  Always golf pants or shorts.  The shorts don't have to be golf specific, but usually have some moisture-wicking or stretch to them.  Although lately I've been enjoying golf pants even for warmer rounds.  Helps keeps the sun off the legs and I don't feel myself being more hot than normal.

  • Like 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4:  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

 :EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

 

Share this post


Link to post

Just a normal polo shirt (the lighter moisture wicking fabrics or cotton for colder days) and shorts in summer or khaki pants in winter. I'm used to it cause that's what I wear to work (dress shirt instead of polo).

I really don't mind what other people wear, but to me personally jeans are uncomfortable as hell.


:callaway-small: GBB Epic 9* w/ Aldila Rogue MAX 65 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black S 80
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...