Our Sponsors

I'll just say maybe 2 or 3 comments so far are the reason people think golfers are uppity A-holes. were not pro's, its a freaking game. U want the sport to grow and stay alive. Just let them come as they are. Or just take ur A$$ to a country club. My Oldman would meet me at the course after I got out of school and he would still be in his painters whites and golf shoes, or playing in his blue jeans at the club championship. And me I'm a T-shirt or polo with cargo shorts. Or after a training session ill go out in my gym clothes. Someone said they're a purist, well I bet u ain't playing in golf nickers and swinging hickory sticks. Sorry for the rant...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Off Topic 1

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Hybrid 19* W/ Graphite Design Tour AD-105 S-shaft

:srixon-small: Z585 4-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:Smart sole 4. GW/50*

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & 60*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:srixon-small:Soft Feel Brite Green

Righty and the Bag is an old beat-up :titelist-small: 

:Arccos:

1 minute ago, Zen Snake said:

I'll just say maybe 2 or 3 comments so far are the reason people think golfers are uppity A-holes. were not pro's, its a freaking game. U want the sport to grow and stay alive. Just let them come as they are. Or just take ur A$$ to a country club. My Oldman would meet me at the course after I got out of school and he would still be in his painters whites and golf shoes, or playing in his blue jeans at the club championship. And me I'm a T-shirt or polo with cargo shorts. Or after a training session ill go out in my gym clothes. Someone said they're a purist, well I bet u ain't playing in golf nickers and swinging hickory sticks. Sorry for the rant...

Yes but people also need to understand that Golf is an old sport and that certain courses the expectation is as such. There are courses that are more lenient and laid back....play those courses. 

Examples in my area are like Granite Links...this course the expectation is a professional golf atmosphere. Compared to another course like Blissful Meadows where it is a little more laid back. It all depends on the course really....either way for me I dont care what you wear while playing but for myself I prefer to be in comfortable golf attire.

• Like 1

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Agreed, the normal blue denim is too stiff, heavy, hot, etc.

In summer if it is hot, when I go to the local track in the late afternoon for a quick nine, I'll wear an thin, collar-less athletic shirt,  golf shorts, never with black socks.   Otherwise, it will be a golf shirt, tucked in with belt.   Simple and boring.   

The black socks thing, not for me.  Loved to watch the Fab Five, but their fashion statements still linger after all of these years.

• Like 1

You know the uptight dress code doesn't happen on golf courses exclusively. I was denied entry to a gym cause I was wearing my school uniform (khaki pants with polo shirt) and had forgotten my change of clothes. It's not comfortable, but so what? It's my choice.

I was also denied play on a tennis court for wearing jeans (that was in high school)

Comfort is a very personal choice, as long as you are not wearing something so short that your balls are hanging out, wear whatever feels good. Just be kind to other people's eyes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

15 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Yes but people also need to understand that Golf is an old sport and that certain courses the expectation is as such. There are courses that are more lenient and laid back....play those courses. 

Examples in my area are like Granite Links...this course the expectation is a professional golf atmosphere. Compared to another course like Blissful Meadows where it is a little more laid back. It all depends on the course really....either way for me I dont care what you wear while playing but for myself I prefer to be in comfortable golf attire.

Oh I totally agree, some places its required. But at a muni, who cares. Ill Show up in gym clothes at my muni some days, but if I go play the country club or a big name course I'm dressed to kill...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

:srixon-small: Z585 4-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

15 minutes ago, Zen Snake said:

I think there are enough variations in dress codes at golf courses, from extremely strict to extremely relaxed, to suit all preferences.  I honestly don't see any reason to label anyone who loves golf as an "uppity A-hole" or as a "lazy slob".  And dress codes aren't encountered only at golf clubs, we see expectations of specific attire at offices, at restaurants, in places of worship.  

• Like 5

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

7 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

You know the uptight dress code doesn't happen on golf courses exclusively. I was denied entry to a gym cause I was wearing my school uniform (khaki pants with polo shirt) and had forgotten my change of clothes. It's not comfortable, but so what? It's my choice.

I was also denied play on a tennis court for wearing jeans (that was in high school)

Comfort is a very personal choice, as long as you are not wearing something so short that your balls are hanging out, wear whatever feels good. Just be kind to other people's eyes.

The issue with not drawing a line it leaves things open for interpretation. Maybe some people want some AC in the crotch area, best way is to let em hang!...There needs to be rules and its up to the course to create and enforce....To each their own but as I have said in this thread (feel like I am zoned in on this one lol) wear what the course requires if you dont like it go play your muni's and downscale courses.

• Love 1

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

u can still be an uppity A-hole or a lazy slob and still love the game, hell I know I a prick. But I wont judge people for how they dress. They are out playing the game we all love. that's all that should matter.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I belong to a club that has a dress code. Golf pants or golf shorts. Collared shirt and must be tucked in and you cant wear a hat backwards. I'm fine with everything since it is a gentlemens sport. But every once in a while I play a muni and see people in blue jeans and a tee shirt.  With all the moisture wicking materials out there why would anyone play in jeans and a tee shirt. 

What are you wearing.

I play in league like that fairly often. I work in a shop, so that is standard clothing for me.. I am often pressed for time to get to the course from work. The times when I know I will have time, I bring a change of clothes with me and change before I leave for the course.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Golf courses with strict dress codes are going to need to lighten up a bit.... unless they are private and that's just the way it is. Public and muni courses need the traffic/revenue to stay open. Enforcing strict dress codes will do nothing but keep a lot of potential revenue away form their course... IMO.

As long as the clothes are clean, it shouldn't matter. 

Edited by silver & black
spelling
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, palvord said:

I typically wear a polo shirt and shorts when I play golf. I find it comfortable and fits my needs.

I have worn jeans when the temperatures have been low. 

How other players dress does not impact my joy on the course. As long as they are respectful of others.

Ditto. Polo and shorts for me... at least in the warmer months. Jeans and a sweat shirt in the cooler months. Clean, of course. 😉

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, SlowNLow said:

Agreed, the normal blue denim is too stiff, heavy, hot, etc.

In summer if it is hot, when I go to the local track in the late afternoon for a quick nine, I'll wear an thin, collar-less athletic shirt,  golf shorts, never with black socks.   Otherwise, it will be a golf shirt, tucked in with belt.   Simple and boring.   

The black socks thing, not for me.  Loved to watch the Fab Five, but their fashion statements still linger after all of these years.

LOL... I'm almost always in black ankle socks. I also will not wear any color of golf shoes other than black. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, silver & black said:

LOL... I'm almost always in black ankle socks. I also will not wear any color of golf shoes other than black. 

Black ankle socks were pretty much all that was seen in courses in the early to mid 2000s. For me I have a various amount colors thanks to stance and kentwool 

• Like 2

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Black ankle socks were pretty much all that was seen in courses in the early to mid 2000s. For me I have a various amount colors thanks to stance and kentwool 

As long as we can distinguish between the ball and our feet we are good.

• Like 2

I will just say one more thing.... maybe a few...lol

I think a lot of it is how you were raised. My father was a business man. I was raised to be a man... in all ways, not just the macho s***. I was taught how to dress for whatever the occasion might be. I was taught manners and to be courteous. I was taught not to look down on other people because you don't know what their situation might be. (My own situation has changed drastically in the last 6.5 years). I was taught to treat people with respect ... appearance has nothing to do with character. I had a mother and father that did their job in raising their two boys to be respectful, productive citizens,,, an treat people how they would like to be treated. One of us is a tradesman/Cabinetmaker (me). The other is a business man that travels the world. When we are together, you'd never know the difference.

I like to be presentable when I play golf. It can be done cheaply enough. There are nice looking pants/shorts and shirts for $20 and less. That's the route I go. I don't have the income to spend $70 on a polo shirt. I try to dress appropriate for golf. That is because of the way I was raised. 

This is a different time than 30 years ago. The younger generation doesn't have the same values we older people do. This a good thing and a bad thing...lol. Golf/courses will need to keep up with times if they want to viable in the future, IMO. Now ...where did I leave that damned, new fangled cell phone!?

• Like 3

I wear cargo shorts with the strings hanging down, white belt, athletic moisture wicking shirt, flat billed hat, and ankle socks! If you don't like it guess what, IDGAF!
I wear what I want when the course doesn't have a dress code. If it does and I want to play it, I follow their rules. It isn't rocket science if I don't want to follow their code then I shouldn't expect to play there.

If you arent willing to follow the courses rules and codes then don't expect them to bow down to you just don't play there. That goes for all their rules and codes not just dress codes.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Zen Snake said:

Edited by Mr. 82
  • Like 4

• :ping-small: G400 Driver, 3 Fairway
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Irons - 18° & 21°
  • :Hogan: Ft. Worth Hi Utility Iron - 24°
  • :callaway-small: Forged Razr X 6-A Wedge irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 54° & 58°
  • :ping-small: Sigma2 Tyne Putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

22 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

...white belt...

Naturally.  The white belt takes down the handicap a few points. 

I read somewhere the one should not wear a white belt if their waist size exceeds their age, or their age exceeds 35.  It's funny the "rules" people apply to fashion.  

• Like 6

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

Proper shirts/tops are required at our Club. It use to be collared shirts - but now with the new nike shirts those are ok.  No jeans during the season, However off season a number of guys will wear jeans since they're warmer than golf pants. Dress the part and you feel the part. 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel