TESTERS WANTED! ×

Have you ever been hit by a ball or hit somene with a ball⛳

viking

In 1980, an LPGA Tour player hit me right between the shoulder blades with her drive.

It didn't even leave a mark--not like getting shot by the Hampton Beach Police in 1964.

Certainly much better than being hit by the ball on its way up, right?

Plus I kept her in play. She made her par.

Oh my days I was just thinking about this! 

Yes flush in the top of my back.  My playing partner was waiting the green to clear on a par 5, I walked ahead about 100 meters.  All I heard was the fizzing noise then whack.. 

TaylorMade P790 - Dymanic Gold Shaft Stiff, 105g, Standard Lies & Length

TaylorMade M5 - Mitsubishi Chemical Shaft Stiff, 60g, 10.5g, Draw Bias

Right Handed

Sandton, Johannesburg, SA

Handicap 2

Never been hit thank god, even all the years I was a caddy. Though other guys got hit. I guess you develop a sense for ball flight, and know the 5 D's.

Fun story: My grandfather let a shot by Lee Trevino hit him. The shot went long of a green, my grandpa saw it and stood his ground. Ball ended up on the green.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Was hit once, about 13 or 14 years ago.  Someone yanked an approach on the par 5 13th hole thru the trees near the 14th tee, where I was standing.  Hit me in the shoulder blade area.  They didn't yell, said they didn't know anyone was on the tee.

This was during league, so I knew the guy.  He was apologetic, and there was ultimately no harm done, but I was a little agitated for a while.

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

Yes and Yes.....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Never hit anyone, Think I may have told this story before of the one time I was hit, but why not let's do it again!

Freshman year of high school. JV practice playing in threes since only 6 of us showed up. I was playing with one of my friends and the only girl on the team. 5th hole, she's lying 2, has a 5 iron. I'm going up to my ball to hit my second, maybe 15-20 yards ahead of her. I turn around so I can watch the shot and be safe. Hosel rocket, catches me right side of chest and I go down like a shot. Laid there for a couple of minutes, clubhouse attendant came out, but I got up. Finished the round but a wicked bruise and welt for a week or so.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Not me, but at a company outing I was standing on the box next to my boss. And one the employees coming at us in the other fairway used a driver of the deck. Nailed him right in the chest between the pecks. The sound was like someone hitting something with a beaded hammer. When I looked over he was already on the ground. He was okay we golf the rest of the day. For two weeks he had a tattoo of the small ball dimples in his chest.in a perfect circle.

many beers have been downed telling this story.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I have been hit twice. Once standing on a par 3 tee box... right shoulder. Nothing serious, but it definitely hurt!

The other time was during league play. 40 yard line drive to the gut. That sum b**** hurt like hell! It turned all kinds of pretty colors over the next few weeks...lol.

Edited by silver & black

44 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I have been hit twice. Once standing on a par 3 tee box... right shoulder. Nothing serious, but it definitely hurt!

The other time was during league play. 40 yard line drive to the gut. That sum b**** hurt like hell! It turned all kinds of pretty colors over the next few weeks...lol.

The gut shot sounds awful, but if that impact was further north or south, yikes.

I got hit while sitting in the cart by our tee in a tournament waiting on the  fairway to clear.  We were about 260 out from the tee on the adjacent hole (the hole we had just finished) but there were pine trees between us and the tee.  Someone hit their tee shot over the trees and hit me on the arm, it immediately left a golf ball sized bruise.  I was leaning out of the cart and the ball missed my head by 2".   I was not upset until I realized that the person did not yell "fore".  Our tee box had a clear shot to the green he was going to play but after thinking about him not yelling I walked over to his ball and threw it in the pond beside us.   He did not come over to us to apologize or to look for his ball.  I still don't feel bad about tossing his ball. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

I am ashamed to say this, but I was hit by a golf ball once and it was my ball. I was on a side hill lie with the ball above me, a tree was right in my line of flight. I tried to play a hook around the tree, but pulled the ball directly into the tree. When I looked up, the ball hit me square between the eyes. Knocked me to the ground and I had a goose egg the size of the ball within minutes. I will never try this again!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I am ashamed to say this, but I was hit by a golf ball once and it was my ball. I was on a side hill lie with the ball above me, a tree was right in my line of flight. I tried to play a hook around the tree, but pulled the ball directly into the tree. When I looked up, the ball hit me square between the eyes. Knocked me to the ground and I had a goose egg the size of the ball within minutes. I will never try this again!

Can’t make that stuff up

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I have not been hit or hit someone (that I know of) but I’ve got a story to share for sure!

My Cousin and I used to play matches against my Dad and Uncle.  One Father’s Day weekend we decided to play a skins match. I want to say they won the first hole and we halved the rest of the front nine.  After teeing off the 10th tee I was standing in the fairway with my cousin who had about 65 yards into the green.  My dad was standing about 15 yards closer to the green, and 20 yards to the right.  Well wouldn’t you know it.... hosel rocket right to my dads back.  But that’s not the worst part of the story.  No major injury to my dad so we play on.  We halve that hole, and the next.  On the next hole my drive carries the fairway bunker that my dad and uncle will have to play from.  They’re about 130 yards out and my uncle takes a swing.  Something didn’t sound right while I was watching the ball in the air so I look back towards the bunker and find my uncle holding the back of his head with a shaft snapped right below the grip.  Thankfully once again, no major injuries.  

My cousin get’s up to our ball and on the very next shot drops it in the cup from about 100 yards to win 11 skins and the match. 😳

...we did not win another skin the rest of the match.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

When I was a kid, my dad and I were scrambling against my brother and uncle, and they each hit awful drives that barely went anywhere. For some strange reason I can't recall, my dad and I drove the cart up ~150yds to our ball... to turn around and see my brother and uncle yelling at us to move. We panicked and my dad floored the cart, only to hear the ball thunk on top of the roof. 😂

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Never been hit but saw a horrible on course incident where a guy in the group ahead of me got hit in the back of the head with a shank from one of his playing partners. He went down like he was shot. They had to bring paramedics onto the course, blood all over the place. I thought he was dead.

Ultimately lots of stitches and a concussion.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Got hit in the back of the leg when I was a kid, standing next to the cart in the fairway. One hopped into the back of my knee. The guy wasn't even sorry, so he got punched in the face by my very angry uncle, who likes punching people in the face.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Once, yes, but it just rolled into me. It was the third time the group behind us hit when we were within distance on a packed course. No one was going to play through anyone, and the guys behind kept hitting into us without warning. The first time, we turned around and yelled at them. The second, we added a stomping into the fairway of the ball, and the third (the one that hit me) I hit the ball into a pond.

TaylorMade M5 driver, M2 3 wood

Mizuno JPX921 blend - Hot Metal Pro 4-6, Forged 7-PW

Cleveland CBX ZipCore Wedges - 48, 52, 58

Scotty Cameron Squareback putter

It's lucky my wife and I are still alive!!!

Six years ago I was hit in the arm driving a cart from the #3 green to #4 tee.  The guy that hit me was in a wash and couldn't see us.  He was a co-worker and apologized profusely!!  If he was a "normal" golfer, his slice would have been no problem but he was a lefty.  Hit my arm on the fly...

IMG_1327.jpeg.fffe32018c1539a18d1b8aeab2509077.jpeg

We had ice in the cart, so I put a bag of ice on it between shots and played the remaining 15 holes.  I was a little upset because we were scheduled to leave on a golf vacation the next day.  The ice really helped, and I had no problem playing in AZ that week.

A year or two earlier, my wife was hit in the stomach on a one-hopper while on the #5 tee.  No real injury but she complained a lot.  The guy did apologize.

At my current course there are several holes on the front nine that I consider dangerous, and it would be a reason to change clubs.  On average, we have been nearly hit 25 times each year.  I count a "nearly hit" as any ball that lands within 10 yards of me or one that I can hear fly by.  There are not many trees separating fairways.  Instead there are tall mounds of grass between holes #5-7, and people can't see other players in adjacent fairways.  Also, #10 fairway is to the right of the driving range; again mounds, no trees.  It would do no good to yell Fore! because the freeway is close by and the constant road noise makes it hard to hear from 100+ yards away.  We enjoy the people we play with here, as well as the staff, and the course is fairly well maintained.  Other options are much more expensive, in worse shape, or too far away.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yes!!!! And it was 100% my fault. I was walking and day dreaming when a guy in my group yelled four. I turned around just in time to be hit in the shin with a screaming ball off a three wood. I tried to play it off but I was almost in tears. Stupid is as stupid does. I deserved it.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Yep. I was playing in a foursome, one of the golfers was playing a tee up. For some reason he went up to that tee before we had teed off. The last golfer hit his tee shot but hit a screamer 4 feet off the ground right into the back of the arm of the golfer who went ahead to his tee. It bruised his arm on the bicep from impact. 

the golfer who hit him felt horrible, but the golfer who was hit was fine, just got a bad bruise. I bet he will just wait for now on.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I was hit in the middle of the back on the full when standing at the back of a par 3 green. The guy teed off when he wasn't meant to. I may have yelled a lot at him and he never bothered us again.

On the other hand I have hit three people in my 38 years on the course, one of which was his own fault.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Along time ago I "hit" someone. Was a pretty much 90* dog leg left with a valley between the tee box and landing zone across it and green. (par 4) I was young and dumb so I said Im going to try to hit it over the trees and cut the entire dog leg off, based on distance and talent no one in the group thought I could do it. They all hit, we saw the flag stick back in the hole through the trees and of course I crushed it, as I'm watching it clear the trees, I see someone going to pull the flag. Yelled four, it one hopped right in to one of the people in front of us on the green. I felt so bad, I drove up to them before we went to partners ball to apologize. Thankfully the guy I hit was really cool about it and said if his "big ass wasn't in the way" I'd have had a tap in eagle. 

I've never been hit but was playing with my soon to be brother in law at the time and I stupidly went ahead of him. Hid behind a tree while he took shot, bladed it and I swear I could hear it as it flew behind my head and cracked the next tree. Pretty sure he'd have killed me if it hit me in the head. Learned a valuable lesson that day

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I've never been hit but watched in horror and amazement as my brother teed off on a blind, uphill par 5 about 20 years ago.  A split second after impact, a cart came the wrong direction over the hill and directly into the flight of my brothers ball.  We yelled "fore" several times but the old guy drove right into it.  It glanced off the railing of the canopy and drilled him right in the left cheek.  The old guy had to have been 75 years old too.  He never lost consciousness but his face looked like he had taken a right cross from Mike Tyson.  He was playing by himself and was a few holes ahead of us.  Evidently, he got turned around trying to find the 17th tee and ended up in the 14th fairway.......driving directly into the 14th tee box.

Many years ago when I started golfing, I hit someone near their private area. I hit my drive and it reflected off a boulder and headed up the hill where a gentleman was on the putting green and hit him near where you would never want to be hit. I ran up the hill and apologized, luckily he was fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

My answer to this question until last night was “No.”. 
Consider this a Public Service Announcement as well. It is a good idea to pad the crossbar of your golf net frame....not just the side posts. I have a nice black eye today. 

Just so you all know. I merely switched to a lower lofted club and continued to hit balls while icing my eye between shots. Padding will go up today. 

01F16052-854D-4A87-A326-8CEDB7ED7940.jpeg

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

I have been hit one time. Playing my local course and the hole I was on (13) was slight dog-leg left and the adjacent hole (15) was a similar dog-leg left but on he uphill side of the mountain and in the opposite direction I was playing. Because of this, I  was below the 15 fairway in trees that separated the holes and was not visible to those on the tee of 15. A teeshot from 15 hit the top of the tree and ricocheted down to me and I was hit on the right hip. Even with the ricochet, it was still moving enough to give me a tennis ball size bruise for a few weeks.  Have I hit anybody? No. But I did hit Jesse the Body Ventura's golf cart when I was 12 around 1983.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL