TESTERS WANTED! ×

Have you ever been hit by a ball or hit somene with a ball⛳

viking

I was hit in the head by a friend of mine who was only playing for the second time in his life.  I thought I was safe standing off to the side, but he his a hosel rocket that clipped my behind the ear.  It didn't do any damage and we laughed it off because we were 16 year olds just messing around.

I was at the US Women's Open and was sitting around a green, couldn't see the ball start because of a small dune and I decided I would risk it when Michelle Wie hit a pull that zipped just over my head and hit the lady behind me in the arm.  There was quite a bit of blood, and I'm just happy it wasn't my head.

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

I never hit someone or was hit BUT,

Playing two man teams in a work golf league foursome. The other team was on the tee first. The playing partner was standing on the right side of the tee box about three feet ahead. His partner hit his drive but shanked a low screamer right into his partners ankle. He dropped like a rock with a shattered ankle. 

It was ugly. Right to the hospital, season over.  Man I cringe just thinking about it again.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Yes. TWICE!

First time I was a cart boy at a local golf course and we had to rake the balls off the fence line inside the driving rage, but the course would still let people on the range while we did it. Needless to say I got hit in the thigh by a ball, but luckily it was only probably a wedge or 9i so while it hurt, I was fine. 

Second time I was out on the course playing with some people I got randomly paired with. I normally play with a group of decent players (4-10hdcp) so we stay off to the sides a bit, but freely walk up to our ball if we are past other people in the group. Forgetting myself, I continued this practice while not in my group and got a screamer straight at my face. Was lucky enough to get my right hand up to block it, but could barely grip a club the rest of the day.  Serves me right for not following proper etiquette. Though I did save their ball from going in a lake so they were happy. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

I actually hit my dad this weekend!  I can thank a hard bunker lip for that one.  Ball went straight right off it and hit him climbing out of his bunker haha

Thankfully, it wasn't moving fast and we played on just fine.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Yes. I got hit once when I was about 10 or 11 (my first year playing golf with my dad). He was in a green side bunker and I was standing on the green tending the flag like you see caddies do on TV. Naturally, my dad is no pro so after the first attempt or two to get out he thins one right into my collar bone. Took the wind right out of me, but luckily nothing beyond a bruise. Ball dropped right next to the hole though. 🙂 

Never hit anyone that I can recall.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Never hit anyone or been hit on the course itself. I did accidentally hit my friend in the back on the practice green one time. Bladed a pitch and got him square in the back. Did not feel great about that but thankfully he wasn't hurt.

When I was working at a course, I heard about someone getting hit in the head during a tournament. That's the worst one I've sort of experienced.

A friend once hit himself with his own shot. Was in the trees and hit the tree directly in front of himself and the ball ricocheted back off and hit him in the chest. If that wasn't bad enough, then came the two shot penalty and having to hit pretty much the same shot all over again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

I hit my grandpa's friend right in the hand as he was eating an apple. He couldn't finish the round. I felt so bad, but then again there was a respectful silence during all of my backswings after that. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

I know of a family friend who was playing a round and apparently hit a ball into the other fairway. He walked up to his ball from the treeline and peeked around a tree to see if anyone was teeing off. It was at that moment that a ball came flying into the treeline and hit him straight in the eye. He lost the eye and wears an eye patch now. 

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

• 2 weeks later...

I have been very lucky with a no for both, and I hope it never happens.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Both actually! 

I hit someone a few years back with a really weird tee shot. I cranked driver on a par 5 that was headed dead straight and took a late turn left. I screamed fore, but she was out there about 315-320. It was the moment I realized how far I could really hit the ball when I striped it. Turns out the blues of a neighboring hole were right off the left of the fairway, apparently the people who planned the course didn’t think anyone could get there. Apparently the ball bounced and hit a guy in the leg. No harm done, but he still threw my ball into the water hazard. 

I got hit by a friend with the weirdest shot. I was in the cart parallel to his line about 10’ away. I’ve parked like this hundreds of times. Somehow the ball went directly at my knee! Hurt like hell, but fortunately it wore off. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

I have on the left side of my forehead .. my buddy who is good shank his shot was about 5 yards up and maybe 15 - 20 yards to the right near the first cut of the rough and I was like oh the pin is to the left so I should be good... boom shank coming right for my face I pull out the Neo Matrix move like dodging bullets from Agent Smith and just like the movie Neo gets hit in the leg well I got smacked in the forehead .. I was so pissed I wanted to fight him, it hurt so bad .. the worst part was we were sharing the cart, I was like don't even say a word or look at me. By the next hole I was fine and we laugh about it to this day. 

image.jpeg.a8af56d7fbf5f7b1643f2d76cec5dba1.jpeg

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

My dad has what he calls 'quick eyes'  If he sees anything in his peripheral vision that moves, he immediately hits the ball that way.  He's hit both my brother and my mom with shots growing up, as well as a couple cars.  I was never hit, but I always made sure to stay behind him, or very still behind another object.  My mom was ducking behind her bag when she was hit in the leg, and left a welt the size of a golf ball 

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

I've never been hit but watched in horror and amazement as my brother teed off on a blind, uphill par 5 about 20 years ago.  A split second after impact, a cart came the wrong direction over the hill and directly into the flight of my brothers ball.  We yelled "fore" several times but the old guy drove right into it.  It glanced off the railing of the canopy and drilled him right in the left cheek.  The old guy had to have been 75 years old too.  He never lost consciousness but his face looked like he had taken a right cross from Mike Tyson.  He was playing by himself and was a few holes ahead of us.  Evidently, he got turned around trying to find the 17th tee and ended up in the 14th fairway.......driving directly into the 14th tee box.

He’s one lucky guy, it could have been worse.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I got hit in the back by a ball by my grandpa when i was like 10 years old, it hurt.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

• 3 weeks later...

The best I got:  Several years, I was playing with my brother and his father-in law.  Carmelo told me to go ahead and hit my drive. I was new at golf and didn't hit the ball far or straight usually.  This time I did and one hopped a long solid drive into the behind of one of the gentlemen in the group ahead. Who promptly turned are and hit the ball right back at me.  It was Carmelo's buddy so there were a few laughs.  It scared the crap out of me.

:cobra-small: LTDx LS 9° Hzrdus Blue 6.0s

:srixon-small:z65 3W 15° Miyazaki Kaula 6s  :honma: XP1 5W 17.5 Vizard 63s :tour-edge: E722 7W Tensei Blue 7s 

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 6i-PW Nippon 105s  S23 50°/ T22 54° 58°

:cobra-small: Vintage Stingray :garsen: Quad Tour NT

:OnCore: Elixr 22     :wilson_staff_small:Triad