viking

Have you ever been hit by a ball or hit somene with a ball⛳

Our Sponsors

Never and I don't know anyone who has.

Yes. I was hit about 2 months ago in the thigh. No one ever said "fore" and when the group was close to us, my buddies yelled at them but the guilty party never apologized. Left a bruise for about a week.

• Sad 1

In 1980, an LPGA Tour player hit me right between the shoulder blades with her drive.

It didn't even leave a mark--not like getting shot by the Hampton Beach Police in 1964.

Certainly much better than being hit by the ball on its way up, right?

Plus I kept her in play. She made her par.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh my days I was just thinking about this! 

Yes flush in the top of my back.  My playing partner was waiting the green to clear on a par 5, I walked ahead about 100 meters.  All I heard was the fizzing noise then whack.. 

• Sad 1

TaylorMade P790 - Dymanic Gold Shaft Stiff, 105g, Standard Lies & Length

TaylorMade M5 - Mitsubishi Chemical Shaft Stiff, 60g, 10.5g, Draw Bias

Right Handed

Sandton, Johannesburg, SA

Handicap 2

Never been hit thank god, even all the years I was a caddy. Though other guys got hit. I guess you develop a sense for ball flight, and know the 5 D's.

Fun story: My grandfather let a shot by Lee Trevino hit him. The shot went long of a green, my grandpa saw it and stood his ground. Ball ended up on the green.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Was hit once, about 13 or 14 years ago.  Someone yanked an approach on the par 5 13th hole thru the trees near the 14th tee, where I was standing.  Hit me in the shoulder blade area.  They didn't yell, said they didn't know anyone was on the tee.

This was during league, so I knew the guy.  He was apologetic, and there was ultimately no harm done, but I was a little agitated for a while.

Cobra King LTD @ 10.5*, ProtoPype 80 X, 43.5"
2h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
3-PW:  Mizuno MP37, DGS300
GW: Mizuno Pro 52*, DGS300
SW:  Ram TG-898 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, Cleveland Designed By, or Mizuno TPM-2, all at 34", or Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Pro or FG Tour, or Kirkland Signature 3 pc

Sometimes play 2-PW Golden Ram TW282 or 2-PW 1980 Golden Rams

Occasionally swap in Orlimar or Ram persimmons at the top end of bag

Yes and Yes.....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Never hit anyone, Think I may have told this story before of the one time I was hit, but why not let's do it again!

Freshman year of high school. JV practice playing in threes since only 6 of us showed up. I was playing with one of my friends and the only girl on the team. 5th hole, she's lying 2, has a 5 iron. I'm going up to my ball to hit my second, maybe 15-20 yards ahead of her. I turn around so I can watch the shot and be safe. Hosel rocket, catches me right side of chest and I go down like a shot. Laid there for a couple of minutes, clubhouse attendant came out, but I got up. Finished the round but a wicked bruise and welt for a week or so.

• Like 1

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

:CaddyTek: Caddylite 15.3 V1

Go Orange!

Sadly yes, shanked a wedge into the butt area of a friend - luckily still a friend  - but it was a hard swing that shank bladed - ouch.  Ironically the incident stopped my ball from going clearly into a hazard - but not a recommended approach.....-

• Like 1

Not me, but at a company outing I was standing on the box next to my boss. And one the employees coming at us in the other fairway used a driver of the deck. Nailed him right in the chest between the pecks. The sound was like someone hitting something with a beaded hammer. When I looked over he was already on the ground. He was okay we golf the rest of the day. For two weeks he had a tattoo of the small ball dimples in his chest.in a perfect circle.

many beers have been downed telling this story.

:cobra-small: Driver F9                     

:titelist-small: 5 wood 18 TS2 

:titelist-small: Hybrid  TS3 22* 
:mizuno-small: Irons 4i - 6 MP-18 MMC

:mizuno-small:  Irons 7i - PW MP-20 HMB       
:vokey-small: SM8 50/8 F                                                            

:callaway-small: Wedges MD5 Jaws  54/s 58/x

:mizuno-small: Putter M-Craft II black

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Posted (edited)

I have been hit twice. Once standing on a par 3 tee box... right shoulder. Nothing serious, but it definitely hurt!

The other time was during league play. 40 yard line drive to the gut. That sum b**** hurt like hell! It turned all kinds of pretty colors over the next few weeks...lol.

Edited by silver & black
  • Sad 2

Personally haven't given or received.   But is this a good time to say "knock on wood"???

My bro got hit on arm, above the elbow, first hole he ever played.   Standing in the middle of number 1 fairway.    It was nasty.   Bruise was blue, green, red, with dimples.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I have been hit twice. Once standing on a par 3 tee box... right shoulder. Nothing serious, but it definitely hurt!

The other time was during league play. 40 yard line drive to the gut. That sum b**** hurt like hell! It turned all kinds of pretty colors over the next few weeks...lol.

The gut shot sounds awful, but if that impact was further north or south, yikes.

• Like 1

I got hit while sitting in the cart by our tee in a tournament waiting on the  fairway to clear.  We were about 260 out from the tee on the adjacent hole (the hole we had just finished) but there were pine trees between us and the tee.  Someone hit their tee shot over the trees and hit me on the arm, it immediately left a golf ball sized bruise.  I was leaning out of the cart and the ball missed my head by 2".   I was not upset until I realized that the person did not yell "fore".  Our tee box had a clear shot to the green he was going to play but after thinking about him not yelling I walked over to his ball and threw it in the pond beside us.   He did not come over to us to apologize or to look for his ball.  I still don't feel bad about tossing his ball. 

• Like 2

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 
Woods - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash  3 Wood & Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges - :bridgestone-small: WC 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER7
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Check out my 2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Review here  

I am ashamed to say this, but I was hit by a golf ball once and it was my ball. I was on a side hill lie with the ball above me, a tree was right in my line of flight. I tried to play a hook around the tree, but pulled the ball directly into the tree. When I looked up, the ball hit me square between the eyes. Knocked me to the ground and I had a goose egg the size of the ball within minutes. I will never try this again!

• Like 4

I am ashamed to say this, but I was hit by a golf ball once and it was my ball. I was on a side hill lie with the ball above me, a tree was right in my line of flight. I tried to play a hook around the tree, but pulled the ball directly into the tree. When I looked up, the ball hit me square between the eyes. Knocked me to the ground and I had a goose egg the size of the ball within minutes. I will never try this again!

Can’t make that stuff up

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I have not been hit or hit someone (that I know of) but I’ve got a story to share for sure!

My Cousin and I used to play matches against my Dad and Uncle.  One Father’s Day weekend we decided to play a skins match. I want to say they won the first hole and we halved the rest of the front nine.  After teeing off the 10th tee I was standing in the fairway with my cousin who had about 65 yards into the green.  My dad was standing about 15 yards closer to the green, and 20 yards to the right.  Well wouldn’t you know it.... hosel rocket right to my dads back.  But that’s not the worst part of the story.  No major injury to my dad so we play on.  We halve that hole, and the next.  On the next hole my drive carries the fairway bunker that my dad and uncle will have to play from.  They’re about 130 yards out and my uncle takes a swing.  Something didn’t sound right while I was watching the ball in the air so I look back towards the bunker and find my uncle holding the back of his head with a shaft snapped right below the grip.  Thankfully once again, no major injuries.  

My cousin get’s up to our ball and on the very next shot drops it in the cup from about 100 yards to win 11 skins and the match. 😳

...we did not win another skin the rest of the match.

• Like 2

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

When I was a kid, my dad and I were scrambling against my brother and uncle, and they each hit awful drives that barely went anywhere. For some strange reason I can't recall, my dad and I drove the cart up ~150yds to our ball... to turn around and see my brother and uncle yelling at us to move. We panicked and my dad floored the cart, only to hear the ball thunk on top of the roof. 😂

• Like 1

Right Handed

Driver: :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft, 9.5º)

FW: :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft, 15º)

Hybrid: *Currently Testing* :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5, 18º)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52 & 60): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

Never been hit but saw a horrible on course incident where a guy in the group ahead of me got hit in the back of the head with a shank from one of his playing partners. He went down like he was shot. They had to bring paramedics onto the course, blood all over the place. I thought he was dead.

Ultimately lots of stitches and a concussion.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Got hit in the back of the leg when I was a kid, standing next to the cart in the fairway. One hopped into the back of my knee. The guy wasn't even sorry, so he got punched in the face by my very angry uncle, who likes punching people in the face.

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS