How long is your season & how often do you golf⛳❓

viking

Year round here where I live in Texas. Except for our 3 days of winter each year. LOL

Rounds per year... ? I don't even bother keeping up with it but I'd say as much as I want. 🏌️‍♂️

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• Guests
Guest Delete

My golf season is always - I live in socal. 

I play 2-3 times a month and hit about 2000 balls a month. 

My personal "golfing season" in recent years is about a 3 months window now.  From June through August.

It used to be year round and unless it's pouring down raining, or snowing.... there be golfers on the golf courses.   Climate change, economic and health reason and now the Virus Pandemic.  I'll probably skip this season just to wait it out.  Not smart to take unnecessary chances over a recreational sport, especially at near retirement age.

On 5/19/2020 at 4:50 AM, DaveP043 said:

Our course in Virginia is generally open year round, although there are usually a few weeks in the winter when we get snow cover.  I don't play much between Thanksgiving and March, other than for a week in Palm Springs in January.  Most years I post 75 to 80 rounds.

You golf through the Summer months ?  

I visited my wife in Virginia before she married me ...... it was so humid and hot in the Summer, I was sweating by just sitting down.  Air conditioning indoors and inside a vehicle......    I convinced her to move out West after we got engaged and she gradually loved the weather here, though she misses her friends from back there.   Most of them had moved to other States anyway, some to California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.....

1 minute ago, release said:

You golf through the Summer months ?  

I visited my wife in Virginia before she married me ...... it was so humid and hot in the Summer, I was sweating by just sitting down.  Air conditioning indoors and inside a vehicle......    I convinced her to move out West after we got engaged and she gradually loved the weather here, though she misses her friends from back there.   Most of them had moved to other States anyway, some to California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.....

I absolutely play golf through the summer, its hot, and humid, but its not awful.  I generally walk most of the time, but when high temps are forecast to be in the high 90s I will braek down and get in a buggy.  I think its like anyplace else, you can get used to almost anything.  I grew up in the area, so this is just "normal" to me.  I know its hotter and still humid in Florida, its WAY hotter but less humid in Arizona, I'll be happy here in Virginia for now, and hopefully in NC in a few years.

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Yes, I had lived in Jersey for a few years during my college days and visited /passing through, most of the Eastern Seaboard States from Connecticut down to Florida.  I know the weather pattern.

I can take the humidity better when I was younger.   With the climate changing for both Summer and Winter, I'm glad wife had agreed to abandon her career and move to the NW with me when she did.  It was tough for her to make the move, but as they say, a golfer would never abandon his golf game voluntarily also love was blind when one was in it.

I was not an avid golfer when I was in College in the 70's, can't afford anything but a trip or two to the driving range back then, however,  I was involved in other sports, experienced the climate there.  with soaked through polo/shirt, Gee.......  Several months out of the year in late Spring and Autumn are beautiful on the East Coast.  Also been to Arizona during Summer months for conferences and never played in the triple digit temperature, even with the dry heat and carts were equipped with misting curtain.....

Try to play year round at least once or twice a week, when mother nature cooperates of course, I have gotten use to playing in the colder months now all bundled up.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Mid April - Late October usually. Sometimes we can make it all the way into November and I have played in December once. It can be sporadic in April and May due to all of the rain but once June hits it is usually smooth sailing to September. July and August brings the heat of course but it's still okay for teeing it up. I try to get in at least one round per week but can squeeze two in here and there.

:mizuno-small: ST-Z w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 60g

:titleist-small: TS2 3W w/ Project HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:mizuno-small: T22 54° SW w/ TT DG S400

:callaway-small:  MD3 60° LW 

:ping-small: Anser 2