Middler

Poll: Covid-19 Play Carts?

Is Your Regular Course Allowing (Motorized) Carts During SIP?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Is Your Regular Course Allowing (Motorized) Carts During SIP?

• Allowing carts w 2 riders
    • Allowing carts w 1 rider only
    • Allowing walkers only, no carts

Our Sponsors

Course I play most has carts out today with a plastic divider down center from windshield to back of seat.

Other course I play, only one per cart (two if related/living together), private carts with same rules.

Driver:  Ping G410 Plus (10.5º; Stiff)

Fwy:  Ping G410 (3 and 5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Ping G410 (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.o Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

Ours is allowing 2 riders if your related.. other than that 1

Our courses here allow one player per cart.  Mandatory to leave flagstick in, no sand divot fill bottles, no scorecards and no pencils (bring your own scoring devices). They spaced out tee times further to reduce groups on a tee box waiting.  No handshakes, fist bumps or high fives, no congregating/socializing after the round, practice limited to 20 minutes since range dividers are spaced out further.  .......things like that.

My course has just outfitted all the carts with a lexan shield in the middle to separate people.  It seems like a good idea until both guys get out and grab clubs from their bags. 🙄

Played yesterday, 1 person per cart. I felt somewhat safe. They had pool noodles around the pins so that the ball couldnt drop in the hole. Social distancing was definitely happening, so as long as they were cleaning the carts as they say.

What I can tell you I did enjoy the round less than normal. Tuesday is my weekly round with my dad, not being in the same cart and being able to chat with him took away some of the enjoyment. 

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

3 minutes ago, Apes44 said:

Played yesterday, 1 person per cart. I felt somewhat safe. They had pool noodles around the pins so that the ball couldnt drop in the hole. Social distancing was definitely happening, so as long as they were cleaning the carts as they say.

What I can tell you I did enjoy the round less than normal. Tuesday is my weekly round with my dad, not being in the same cart and being able to chat with him took away some of the enjoyment. 

My club is doing the same things, and I think most of us players are pretty consistent with keeping our distance from one another.  But I understand what you mean about it being less enjoyable with just one person per cart.  This is one of the reasons I've enjoyed getting back to walking over the past couple of years.  Even with normal carts, you spend most of your time with just one person in a foursome, the one you're paired with in the cart.  If you have four walkers, you can spend time with each of the other three, or in any combination.  I don't know if walking is an option for either you or your dad, but if you can do it, its a way of getting some of the enjoyment back.

• Like 1

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

12 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

My club is doing the same things, and I think most of us players are pretty consistent with keeping our distance from one another.  But I understand what you mean about it being less enjoyable with just one person per cart.  This is one of the reasons I've enjoyed getting back to walking over the past couple of years.  Even with normal carts, you spend most of your time with just one person in a foursome, the one you're paired with in the cart.  If you have four walkers, you can spend time with each of the other three, or in any combination.  I don't know if walking is an option for either you or your dad, but if you can do it, its a way of getting some of the enjoyment back.

I'd be willing to walk but my dad couldnt make it. When we played at Oakmont CC where its only walking they ended up giving him and our host a cart 

• Like 2

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Most courses around here are allowing one rider per cart, but the course in my home town is all walking. I haven't almost 14 years, but I'm doing it next Friday! Anything for golf.

• Like 2