Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Pxg are they making money?

tjyorke

On 2/18/2022 at 4:59 PM, bobsarobot said:

To me buying PXG's is like buying a Rolls Royce.  It is a classy name and brand, it has a high ticket association.  But you can buy a car that has just as much luxury, performance and options at a lower price point that works just as well.  I see PXG's in a guy's bag and think, 'He paid an extra few hundred bucks for a logo'.

I have a set of Gen 3 0311 P irons that I paid $150 per club with MMT shafts. To buy a set of forged clubs from one of the big OEM’s with comparable shafts would be well over $200 per stick. Check out the price of Ping i59’s. Currently, the 0211 DC irons are $77 per club. The 0211 ST forged blades are $88 per club. I would argue that many of their offerings represent the best values currently available. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

Do like PXG Clubs. Also, they are investing good "Dollars" into the Game. Both Male & Female; which is better than most. However; the way I whack & hack PXG are overpriced for me; even though they created a Market for many On Line Mfrs. Will not buy as On Line Market has become "price inflated"!!

My Local Retailer will get my Business because it is personal. 

On 2/19/2022 at 9:22 AM, bens197 said:

I've grazed this thread and I have just one question.

How many people here have a strongly held opinion about PXG AND have swung them in an actual fitting?  I think we all know the answer but I still figure it's worth mentioning.  

Last week I went for an iron fitting and threw in a Callaway X Forged UT head thinking there was no way this was even worth my time.  One swing later and it was "uhhh, this thing is legit."  A club I never ever thought would contend was the legit #2 among 5 heads.  

Keep an open mind people...the best club for your game just may be a PXG...

I bought a Gen2 0811 XF Driver in Jan 2021.  The deals were so seemingly good I had to give it a try; figured I could sell it for what I paid for it if I didn't like it.  It's still in my bag and will be for the foreseeable future.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

On 2/20/2022 at 1:40 PM, billybogey said:

Do like PXG Clubs. Also, they are investing good "Dollars" into the Game. Both Male & Female; which is better than most. However; the way I whack & hack PXG are overpriced for me; even though they created a Market for many On Line Mfrs. Will not buy as On Line Market has become "price inflated"!!

My Local Retailer will get my Business because it is personal. 

$77 for 0211

$88 for 0211 blade

$129 for Gen 3s

You consider this overpriced? 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

PXG has places in my bag, but I wouldn’t pay the $400-500 they initially charged for clubs. Whether Parson’s is making money or not is sort of Parson’s problem or not and he seems to still be happy doing what he’s doing. One thing Titleist, Ping, Callaway and others need to get fixed is their supply chain issues. While organizations like PXG and Tour Edge have figured out how to get a custom club in your hand in 7-10 days, the big three often take months. I’m guessing those that can actually get clubs in players hands will probably do better financially long term. We shouldn’t forget that $200 iron you buy might actually cost $40-50 to produce, so lots of upside room on the incremental club sale. Most of the cost to produce a club for most companies is the cost of R&D and marketing. 

1 hour ago, Zebhead47 said:

PXG has places in my bag, but I wouldn’t pay the $400-500 they initially charged for clubs. Whether Parson’s is making money or not is sort of Parson’s problem or not and he seems to still be happy doing what he’s doing. One thing Titleist, Ping, Callaway and others need to get fixed is their supply chain issues. While organizations like PXG and Tour Edge have figured out how to get a custom club in your hand in 7-10 days, the big three often take months. I’m guessing those that can actually get clubs in players hands will probably do better financially long term. We shouldn’t forget that $200 iron you buy might actually cost $40-50 to produce, so lots of upside room on the incremental club sale. Most of the cost to produce a club for most companies is the cost of R&D and marketing. 

parsons had the foresight to stock up early in the pandemic where others didn’t. But even PXG is impacted by it because they’ve run out of the the same shafts that all the other brands have had issues with and to some extent grips.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Anyone gaming the 0211 Driver? For $199 that seems like a crazy steal for what should be a well made club

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

2 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Anyone gaming the 0211 Driver? For $199 that seems like a crazy steal for what should be a well made club

I had the 211 Driver... but for my swing I decided to return for the Proto X which has more weight options, and would still have it in the bag but I'm "currently" (most recently) gaming the Srixon ZX7.   The 211 is a good driver, especially for the price.  Rated best value in last years MGS MW Driver Testing if I recall correctly.

I really like the 811 Proto X too.  When I'm able to swing again, I will be testing the PXG, the Srixon and a few of the 2022 offerings to see which one will be my '22 Gamer.  

Edited by Tiftaaft
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

3 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I have the Gen 4 0811XF and absolutely love it, got it at the $299 price point this past summer.  I know two people that pulled the trigger on the 0211 driver and swear by it.  Not as adjustable as the 0811 series but I agree at that price it should be a driver everyone takes for test drive.

Keep swinging - JC

Driver: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0811 XF (9°)

Wood(s): th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0341 XF (7w)

Irons:  :Hogan: PTxPro 4-PW

Wedges:   :Hogan: Equalizer II (56°, 60°)

Putter:  :ping-small: Zing Bronze

Ball:  image.png.5e3f3d4f8b31082a6504dff683a91313.png Tour X

4 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I just pulled the trigger on one earlier this week. I hope to see it mid-March or so. Standard length, midsize grip, EvenFlow 60g 5.5 Riptide CB. Order says "Tungsten Position F10", which I take to mean the weight is 10 grams. Looking forward to giving it a go in the local golf simulator.

Thanks @Tiftaaft @Joel C @cycleguy55 I am looking at it, thinking I can't pass this up as I would like a new driver. I think the Smoke Yellow HZRDUS will work well. I can always call and talk to them, but I'm trying to avoid upcharge shafts. With the adjustability I think I can dial that in on my own. I'm hesitant to order right now, given that I only have 30 days to send it back if I don't like it, and in Ohio were still 3-6 weeks from the start of the season. Yes, I can always try it on a sim. 

Cycleguy, is the lead time that far out due to you being in Canada? Website says ships within a week. So ideally I'd order it in about 3 weeks and get it by the beginning of April.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

8 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I am, and I get the best results I've had from a driver in quite a few years.  Added a 5 wood because I was so pleased with the driver and it performs even better than the driver.  Great prices and great performance, what's not to like?

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

2 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Thanks @Tiftaaft @Joel C @cycleguy55 I am looking at it, thinking I can't pass this up as I would like a new driver. I think the Smoke Yellow HZRDUS will work well. I can always call and talk to them, but I'm trying to avoid upcharge shafts. With the adjustability I think I can dial that in on my own. I'm hesitant to order right now, given that I only have 30 days to send it back if I don't like it, and in Ohio were still 3-6 weeks from the start of the season. Yes, I can always try it on a sim. 

Cycleguy, is the lead time that far out due to you being in Canada? Website says ships within a week. So ideally I'd order it in about 3 weeks and get it by the beginning of April.

Sent ya a PM and we can see if we can get ya a way to give it a whirl. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

I don't know, but I note the order page says "Products are usually delivered within 21 days (excluding weekends and holidays) from the date of order. It may change depending on the stock and production status. Please note that." IIRC, that was before I put in my location, so unless PXG's programmers have coded their website to check IP addresses or other location information I suspect that applies to all. 21 business days says to me that's 4+ weeks from ordering to delivery, so my estimate of mid-March may actually turn out closer to the end of March - I certainly hope not.

I do know I ordered it 5 days ago (February 22) and the order tracking says it's still "Order Received" and not yet moved to "Items Picked / In-Assembly".

38 minutes ago, cycleguy55 said:

I don't know, but I note the order page says "Products are usually delivered within 21 days (excluding weekends and holidays) from the date of order. It may change depending on the stock and production status. Please note that." IIRC, that was before I put in my location, so unless PXG's programmers have coded their website to check IP addresses or other location information I suspect that applies to all. 21 business days says to me that's 4+ weeks from ordering to delivery, so my estimate of mid-March may actually turn out closer to the end of March - I certainly hope not.

I do know I ordered it 5 days ago (February 22) and the order tracking says it's still "Order Received" and not yet moved to "Items Picked / In-Assembly".

I didn’t look back but what did you order?

I ordered a Gen3 PW and it said order received until business day 7 then said Items picked/in assembly the. 2 hours later said shipped. If FedEx hadn’t sent it to the wrong state I would have had mine in 10 business days to Iowa. 

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

22 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I didn’t look back but what did you order?

I ordered a Gen3 PW and it said order received until business day 7 then said Items picked/in assembly the. 2 hours later said shipped. If FedEx hadn’t sent it to the wrong state I would have had mine in 10 business days to Iowa. 

Probably US versus Canada orders. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Probably US versus Canada orders. 

That’s possible. Should have investigated a little more before commenting lol

On 2/27/2022 at 5:29 PM, cycleguy55 said:

It's now 8 days / 6 business days since I ordered it, and order tracking finally shows it "Items Picked / In-Assembly".

Edit: 2022-03-03: Notified today that it's been shipped. 9 days / 7 business days. Expected delivery is 2022-03-09 - that would be 15 days / 11 business days.

Edited by cycleguy55
Updated information